Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 06-25-2014, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... Such wonderful gifts these are from your ♥. And not too long ago, there were your sets for Ronald McD rooms, which I am thinking are thru the same BOL group? How thoughtful for the blankets for the miscarried babes and mothers. Do the pre-surgery kids keep those dolly demo quilts? Or are they kept for repeated demos? Will look forward to your photos when you are re-grouped and re-charged with lots of your precious java!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:20 AM

Jeeze Louise woman!
There are other things in life.........not.
But I spent yesterday running to FedEx in Cambridge to post a customer purchase. HAD to go to the gym, Had to work on my latest creation ( No I won't give you a peak), dealt with a quilt customer, ordered Pizza for dinner, (phew the decisions I make in a day)
So I was up at 5:30 today. sitting on the deck with the noisy birds drinking coffee and working on 2 blocks, yesterdays and todays). Because I KNOW you will ask.......Great to have you hanging over me like the sword of Damocles.
LOL
Attached Thumbnails img_2374.jpg   img_2375.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 04:33 AM

Wow, Mirab, you made me tired reading your list of accomplishments. You have such a giving heart, truly a blessing to know.

MK, I've been called a "dam" something or other but never the sword of Damocles LOL. Talk about productive--I'm sure you'll reach your finish date in plenty of time.

Finished Asian inspired quilt for my DGD, just need to sew binding to back, wash and then hope to have pics by tonight. Very rainy here so no excuse not to sew. Have a great day, ladies, do something you love!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Yeaaaaaaaaaa JanRN for finishing Asian quilt!

Geeeeeesh MaryK ... take note, I am NOT the only one nagging you!!!!!!!!
JanRN is helping out .... and some of the others too!
Wait a minute ...
........we're NOT nagging
... we're cheering you onwards to YOUR finish line!!!
Love the contrasts of the two blocks .... a bizzy-lizzy type and a nice soft subtle one. Though I think you've missed showing us some!
Yup ... those birds sure were yappy this morning at 5:30 ... thought they were pretty smart after all of yesterday's rain! (though I laid in bed cursing them, instead of out checking the sunrise and stitching like you!!! )
New project is quite impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to think there are over a dozen types of them too! (one for each province/territory??)

**hint** the project of which she is not providing peaks ..............stalk her blog and you will be amazed! **giggles**

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-25-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaaa JanRN for finishing Asian quilt!

Geeeeeesh MaryK ... take note, I am NOT the only one nagging you!!!!!!!!
JanRN is helping out .... and some of the others too!
Wait a minute ...
........we're NOT nagging
... we're cheering you onwards to YOUR finish line!!!
Love the contrasts of the two blocks .... a bizzy-lizzy type and a nice soft subtle one. Though I think you've missed showing us some!
Yup ... those birds sure were yappy this morning at 5:30 ... thought they were pretty smart after all of yesterday's rain! (though I laid in bed cursing them, instead of out checking the sunrise and stitching like you!!! )
New project is quite impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to think there are over a dozen types of them too! (one for each province/territory??)

**hint** the project of which she is not providing peaks ..............stalk her blog and you will be amazed! **giggles**
YOU PEAKED!
Why am I not surprised?
LOL
Old 06-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
YOU PEAKED!
Why am I not surprised?
LOL
My alzheimers is not THAT bad .... I remembered you had a blog!!!!!!!!!
After all, it is on your posts!
Back to your coffee, deck and DJ!!!

Only six more months til Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Ta Da!! I did it--all finished. I wanted to use black binding but ran out of fabric. I kind of like the red binding, DGD is 17 so it seems fun.[ATTACH=CONFIG]480353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480354[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails peris-quilt.jpg   peris-quilt-back.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Ta Da!! I did it--all finished. I wanted to use black binding but ran out of fabric. I kind of like the red binding, DGD is 17 so it seems fun.
JanRN ... your DGD is going to think you are the best Granny EVER!!!!!!!! Did you keep to the EXACT size she wanted duplicated from her baby quilt? I agree, your red binding is perfect, just kind of an extra sparkle at the edge of the black to frame it all nicely. Such a nice mix with your lantern fabrics. Great quilting design ... just enough, and not overdone to fit the Asian style. Brave lady ... and well done, on centering that patched backing! So proud of you and your completion!! Now when will you give it to her? I can hardly wait to hear how excited and thrilled she is when you do!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

We want pictures of your DGD with her new beautiful quilt! Such a great design for a teenager!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 PM

JanRN your quilts is beautiful, love the colours, love the fabric and I agree the red binding just lifts it.