Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Really That Great? >

Embroidery Machines Really That Great?

Embroidery Machines Really That Great?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by quilts4charity View Post
I used to love handwork but arthritis put a stop to most of that and I LOVE my embroidery machine!!!
Ditto for me
Old 12-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Mine is mine also, but done on a machine. I simply digitized everything I wanted on a computer. I enjoy doing my own designs for myself. I can draw it, do some from pictures, whatever I feel like. I can make the designs as heavy or as light as I choose. I've done hand embroidery - crewel, counted cross stitch, chicken scratch and twilling and I prefer the machine.

I have been using the embroidery thread for FMQ. I have a lot of good OESD thread.

I figured out how to set up quilt in the hoop, so I can do some that way if I'm in a hurry. I can keep an eye on the embroidery machine while I try to FMQ on the Juki.

I now have EQ7, and an Accuquilt and can really do what I want instead of what's on the market. My colors, my design, my choice.

Since I also sew garments, the machine gets used even if I'm not embroidering. I just put a serpentine stitch on my 1 inch wide sashing with the embroidery machine. I'm simply not wearing what the current fashion wants if I don't like it.
I have pattern drafting software, too.

I just found all my mini quilt books from years ago, and with the Accuquilt and the Juki 2010, I'm in the mood to try the minis again. They used 1/8" seams. The quilts are 5x5 inches up to 12x12. I hated cutting out the small strips.

I've got enough to keep me occupied for a long time.