If Won Big!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:34 PM

I'd get what I want a whole lot quicker!

Would buy the place my daughter's boss is renting, tear down current building, put up new one that would accomodate production, wholesale and retail of the current company and set up a companion company that would wholesale supplies to other small businesses in the same industry. Then expand the ministry daughter's boss has of helping and mentoring those who need a caring family once they've left home (read here not good home life growing up). On the job training would be in either or both of the aforementioned businesses.

In addition I would build on our land...small home for hubby and me with two huge craft rooms adjacent on either side...one for my sewing, quilting, other fiber arts...the other for his model railroad, leathercraft and photography.

Then I would finish making campsites available with small RVs for anyone who came to visit, &/or for selected people to use during the run of the Texas Renaissance Festival and over the winter. Tent campsites would also be available. I would finish the showerhouse/laundry as well. Oops! should have put this first before doing our house..get a septic system in!

Oh and set up educational trust for future generations.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM

Well, first I have to buy the ticket. Then, if I won, talk to a good accountant. Next, I would make an anonymous tithe to our church since some people and churches see lottery as gambling (I am not one of them (unless it is an addiction) but DH is), pay off the few bills we have but keep the house payment, set up trusts for the kids; buy the Victorian duplex my DS lives in (as an investment), totally remodel her place and then hand her the keys to her 'own' place as long as she wants to live there, and put an extra bunch into her retirement so she can finally retire.
Then I would concentrate on building a new home that doesn't have leaks, floors aren't squishy, ceiling doesn't have water stains from leaks, bedroom big enough to swing my legs out of bed without hitting window, a door on the master bathroom instead of drapes, my closet in the bedroom instead of in the huge pantry, a kitchen facing the outside not in the middle of house giving me claustrophobia. Nothing fancy, but adequate(sp).
Then I would put up fencing, build a barn, purchase some Alpacas, a companion for my goat, and a small tractor with a 3-point hitch and the necessary tools we would need around this farm to take care of business.

Buy out the two neighboring homes so my kids can rent them from us to live in and the two adjoining properties that have some old run down hunters cabins on them.

In reality, since most likely I will not buy a ticket, we are content and happy and would not change anything.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 AM

I have to donate some to a church first... and then to the Illinois Teen Institute...

I'd buy a huge house, with the the money set aside for the taxes. Furniture and what not. I'd get a farm house in the country also for vacation purposes.

for the family I would be sure that both my sister had money for college and that my neices and nephws did as well...

Theres a top I could do!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:23 AM

I would quit my job so that I would have more time to quilt. Tithe my church. Help my kids and set up college funds for the grandkids and invest the rest. My house is paid off and we love it here so wouldn't change that but DH definitely needs a new woodworking shop.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 AM

I think some plastic surgery (after I have hired a personal trainer to help me lose weight!) would be on my list, along with practical paying off debts, college funds, et cetera.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:39 AM

I have been dreaming about wining the lotory sence I was 18!
I have it all planed out I will pay back bills and buy land at the bank take everyone out to dinner and tell them to bring all bills with them. At dinner I will have a personal secratary take all the bills to a lap top in our banquet hall and pay bills online. At Dinner I will have an Arcitect Go around to all 3 sisters and ask what they want in a house.The next day I will have work started on the land I purchased previously for 4 homes next door to each other and a huge middle section were will be conecting outdoor patios hgtv style and the coolest playground for all the kids mine as well as thers we will have a heated pool with a waterfall and kidie pool play area that won't disturb the adulds as well as a hot tub for colder nights there will be a cool walk through garden with all the spices and vegitables the good lord will let us grow and extra land surounding for the kids to build on. we will be investing in a family buisness for each sister and trust funds will be established so we don't spend it all in a hurry!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Hmmmm....I'm thinking you've given this some "serious" thought :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dljennings
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hey Boston- can't you just picture a huge quilter's retreat there?? If the answer is YES, can I come??? :D:D:D:D
i'm only an hour from boston.... i want to come too!
Okay, but you have to bring your own sleeping bag. This place only has 4 bedrooms......

:wink:
Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by dljennings
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hey Boston- can't you just picture a huge quilter's retreat there?? If the answer is YES, can I come??? :D:D:D:D
i'm only an hour from boston.... i want to come too!
Okay, but you have to bring your own sleeping bag. This place only has 4 bedrooms......

:wink:

no problem...i have a twin aerobed, and i'm reasonabley sure i can find a quilt somewhere!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Gosh, what would I do the ideas are endless!

Pay off the debts forst and foremost, buy my mum a cosy house, buy a few acres for some animals.
THEN build the house of my dreams (Much like that log cabin one) with the sewing room to beat all sewing rooms, with the best of the best embroidery machines, sewing machines, quilting frame, and cutting table. I would also have a seperate room for my stash.
Then Iwould use the moeny that I have left to not work and spend my time sewing and looking after the animals that I have rescued from an abused life. Oh, Iwould also hire a cook and a housekeeper, so I wouldt have to do those nasty chores and could concentrate on the things I love doing the most.