If Won Big!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 AM

If you won a big lottery. And all is said and done. all the bills are paid.Would you spend on your family frist or yourself? Me family has all ways been first and all ways will.
Next !!! What would you just spend on yourself?
Myself: I would have a totaly green home built In country with a fireplace,4 large bedrooms, 2 large baths, a Large kitchen with everything ( any thing to do with cooking and baking ). Pleanty of room for dogs to run. A Large veg. and flower garden.
And my Sewing wing with Pleanty of Windows.Have to have a longarm,featherwieght, and a treadle. Custmbuilt shelfs, cabnets, cutting table, Sewing stations, iron station. And a large stash and noations to keep me busy the rest of my life.
I know.
In my dreams: But it is nice to dream.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm, first I would buy all my kids a nice house, and college.........
For me, I would stay here and open a rescue shelter for unwanted pets. Always been my dream.....of course I could make quilts to raffle off to help pay for food!
I might have to buy a few more acres, but I would put up nice runs, ect....and take animals except snakes, lol!
Oh, and put up a huge prvacy fence around it, hate unwanted hunters poking around here, lol!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 AM

Me? I would pay all our bills, pay my Mom's bills, get our house built complete with a grand in-law suite for my mom. The rest might go away for my daughters future.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

I would pay off the few bills I have, and then put a big chunk in the bank and have some fun with the rest.

A house in the country, acreage, an indoor/outdoor pool. A whole floor devoted to sewing, 5 or 6 extra bedrooms for family or quilting friends :wink:

A new rig and travel trailer, I love to travel and my grands love it too :D:D:D

I would also help my kids with getting homes or upgrading and set up trust accounts for my grands educations. We would all take a big family vacation each year to different places :D:D:D
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 AM

First of all I would pay my tithe to our church. After that, I'd give all my grown step-children a trust fund that paid out so much a month. I'd set up a trust for my own daughter that would do the same when she became a certain age---not enough for any of them to live on, but enough to enhance the income from their job. Then I'd make a one time only gift to each of my brothers and sisters and each of DH's. With the rest, I'd probably invest a large portion of it. If it was big enough I'd have a new home built where everything was on one level. It would have to have a huge self contained quilting/art room including a kitchenette, 1/2 bath, and sitting area. It would include a state-of-the-art long-arm quilter, sewing machines, cutting tables, storage closets, lighting, and a Murphy bed in case I wanted to rest(I've always thought those were so cool). My new home would also have a basement (Illinois is a tornado state) that would be fully equiped and nice enough to live in for awhile. Basically a separate apartment in it. But the laundry room would be on the main floor. It would also have a large RC room for DH that would be as fully equiped as my sewing room. Our new home would be built to be totally handicap friendly with large walk-in showers. I'd also have a couple to live in another smaller house that would take care of the housekeeping/cooking/gardening/pool/maintenance, etc.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 AM

I've thought a lot about this.....but always forget to buy "THE" ticket!!!!

I'd pay off bills, give children and parents enough money to pay off their homes and/or buy one (each would get same amount), plus give them enough money to play with, set up a trust fund for grandkids, then I'd blow the rest!!! LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 AM

I would build the best Quilting Retreat Center Ever! Complete with a fabric shop!

This is after my family and bills are taken care of. I would live onsight and run the show!!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 AM

well our bills would be paid...the house finished and sold and we'd buy a place in the country. Then we'd put some aside for college for all the kids. Then dh and I would get a few new toys. he'd have to have a tractor and I'd get an awesome sewing room with tons of fabric and thread.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Elly
I would build the best Quilting Retreat Center Ever! Complete with a fabric shop!

This is after my family and bills are taken care of. I would live onsight and run the show!!
It's already been done! It's called Threads of Time in Danville, Illinois. They have an attached retreat center called Threads and Beds. I was just on an overnighter there at a Carol Doak lecture/workshop.
http://www.threadsoftimefab.com
So if you're ever near East Central Illinois or West Central Indiana, drop on in and check them out. They'd love to have you. There's an open retreat from 3pm Sunday to 1pm Thursday every other month. The next one is in July. You can come for as many of those nights as you want at $35 a night (you only have to provide your own food, sewing projects and clothing) or $15 if you just want to go for the day. They even put a chocolate on your bed for you. It's only about an 1 West of Indianapolis airport.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 AM

I love to dream and everthing sounds good....but I just never buy the tickets. Maybe I should dream about buying ticket and win big.