Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, sorry you have been so under the weather. Didn't realize you were still getting chemo.... yuck. Big hugs and prayers going out and up for you. Rest and feel better!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:04 AM

Just a reminder to all - make sure the next in line is finished with the center they are working on and ready to receive another. I know I would feel stressed if I had two sitting on my table unfinished!
Waiting to see more pictures.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 AM

travelinggramma--I am working on my blocks to add to your center. I should be able to mail by a week from Monday (as long as I take breaks and don't try to sew too much in one day). I got a few done on Friday and know my limits before my wrist starts acting up. I plan to make a few more this afternoon.

Mona, if you want to mail the one you finished that would be fine...I will be glad to have it here so I can start picking fabrics/see if I need to get to town to pick something up.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:11 AM

TG, I am so sorry, I really thought that I had posted that your package was on the way. I didn't send you the tracking though and I should have. You should have the center that I sent to you, did you receive it? Receipt is downstairs and I haven't been able to make it there yet. A big maybe today but hopefully tomorrow for sure. I'm feeling better today just need to get a little stronger from being a couch potato so I don't tumble down them. Need to get the groove back! or at least the groove I've got
Old 08-09-2020, 08:22 AM

I admit this is getting kind of confusing to me -- so, I've made my center, and Round 1 and Round 2 and have sent them out. What I'm calling the August round is Round 3, and then my vacation trip will be September, so Round 4. So if I'm still on task, my group's mail out is the 15th of each month which is coming up next week. I'm still good waiting until the official mail out date to receive the incoming August round as I go through my possible addition in my head... I think this one is going to be very challenging for me.

I did want to give advance warning on my trip, but I'm hoping it won't impact anything other than maybe giving a couple extra days to get the September round to me since I won't be home that week, or that I will need to alert the neighbors to watch for mail. I still don't know what I'll be doing on my next round, but the goal will be to mail it before September 15/the trip if Mary is ready for it.

We will be staying home the second week as isolation time, should be good quilting time
Old 08-09-2020, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Iceblossom, your group (group 1) is doing round 2 right now, due to be mailed by Aug. 15. You should receive a new one to work on for the remainder of August and up until Sept. 15. That is round 3.
End of Sept. to Oct. 15 is round 4.

I'm still waiting for my next center to arrive, for me to put round 3 on it... and you should be too, unless you have already received it early.

Hope that clears things up a bit. You should have plenty of time to work around your trip. If you time runs short, consider making a simpler round this time, so you can stay within the deadline. I'm sure you can!
Old 08-09-2020, 01:36 PM

Ok, we are on the same spot and I am doing just fine waiting to receive my next round after the 15th. I was able to mail my round (your center) early because Mary was ready for it.

The round I will be receiving next week or so is the one that will be due before my trip so no problems there time-wise. Will coordinate with Rebecca on when she mails for me next month on whether she might like a couple extra days or if I should alert the neighbors about packages.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:44 PM

I have so enjoyed watching your progress. All the quilts are just beautiful. You all have certainly given me ideas for what I can do with my own quilts. Each of you will end up with a very unique and wonderful keepsake quilt. Thanks for sharing so we can all enjoy your work.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Colorado Quilter! Maybe you might like to join in on the next one we do.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 AM

Just my "checking in daily post". Yesterday ended up going to Costco, we were almost out of cat food and Tomas does not like it when that happens. He will stand on a pillow and pull your hair with his teeth when he believes it to be 8:00 am (breakfast time) -- but he's usually a bit early It feels good to see full shelves and no limits,(all the safety precautions still in place of course) and it looks like meat prices are going back down. We don't use a lot of bottled water, but we take it with us on car trips and it was time to get a fresh case (part of our trip planning), first one this year.

Yesterday I did do some prewashing, today I'll do the last two of the comfort blocks and then pull out the Frolic UFO and start making red/blue HST. The original problem that led to the future confusion was that the original maker made 41 units and not 41 sets... but there is plenty of fabric and all the other sub-units are complete -- and as it turned out we didn't use all of those anyway and now I know that part of the mystery