Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Estate sale find, never thought I would get the chance >

Estate sale find, never thought I would get the chance

Estate sale find, never thought I would get the chance

Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949
I'd keep Suzie out in the open and hide the other one where DH won't look! You need to tell him 2 is nothing; some of us have 10 of them. (not me...I only have 5) LOL I keep mine hidden...shhh!
and some people have none, so I will sell one. He sees the checkbook anyway, he would have found out even if I didn't tell him. We have been married for 15 years and part is do to honesty. I dont ask for much so I could use that card if I really wanted to keep it.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Awww...that's sweet. I believe in total honesty too, I was just teasing you. To have a good relationship, honesty is right in the top of the criteria! May I ask what you paid for the two FWs?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Lucky girl - did you then go out and buy a lottery ticket? I would have.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:37 AM

It's no one's business but yours and your husband's what you keep and what you don't. I don't hide anything from my husband either. It's not worth the hassle. If we can't be honest and trusting, what's the point?

However, I usually say I'm not asking, just informing you, that I purchased...so and so....he's pretty good about it, and I wouldn't ever buy anything large and/or expensive without running it by him to get his reaction. "Stuff" isn't worth arguing over.

Enjoy your little Susie. FW's are such fun!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by finch
I was wondering the same thing about the missing tension knob..It appears to be missing.
The numbered dial came later. If she put a numbered dial tension knob on the 1936, it would be incorrect for its period. I found out that the unnumbered dial was still on some machines until Dec. of 1937. Lots of great FW info on this site! http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/default.aspx
Old 10-08-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
Originally Posted by jmabby
If you want to sell it remember me.
I will be selling the 1957, I'm hoping to get 275.00.
good choice. the older ones seem to have better paint jobs. and they are so sweet to use. Still can't believe you found
two in one day !! if you can, keep them both. sometime you might need a perfect present for someone, know someone
who would really cherish it, have a niece, etc. it is so small to store & you will never find another deal like this. just store it
with the lid loose & in a dry place.
congratulations !!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 PM

If you mail it "SLOW BOAT" it may not be that expensive. A dear angel on this board mailed me a ton of fabric,,,and the postage was only $20...amazing..
Old 10-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Highmtn
Hmmmm.... to me the topic is about the awesome scores on the TWO Featherweight sewing machines. If Mimom opts to sell one to make a compromise with her hubby I see it as a no harm no foul - . it's their business. Marriage = give and take in all areas.

It doesn't change the fact that she SCOREDDDDD!!!....lol
Agreed on ALL aspects!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
Originally Posted by mimom
Thursday morning I headed out as soon as the bus came, the sale was 20 miles away and started at 10am. I was the first one there and they let me look around. And there it was, a beautiful Featherweight, I knew I shouldn't and DH would likely kill me, but I caved and got it.
Wow, they're beautiful!! I just came into possession of a lovely Singer, not a FW, that was born in Scotland in I think 1956! I wish I knew what she was worth...
put a picture on the vintage machines page, Billy (lostn51) would be able to tell you and there are a few more on that thread that could tell you to. It might take him a few days because he has been very very sick.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:04 PM

When I got my little FW on EBAY the postage was set at $35. It weighs about 22 lbs. especially if you have accessories in the case and the case itself. They are little honeys.