Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 AM

Oh yeah... and I lost another lb! Whoo hoo! So that's well... THREE so far. I know, <sigh>, I'm not winning any gold medals here... but hey!

THREE!!

<sigh no. 2> I've got my fat quarter all ready for mailing out..... lol.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 AM

[quote=kwendt]Oh yeah... and I lost another lb! Whoo hoo! So that's well... THREE so far. I know, <sigh>, I'm not winning any gold medals here... but hey!

THREE!!

HURRAY FOR YOU!!!!! 3 LBS LOST IS 3 LBS GONE BYE-BYE. Keep up the good work. You go girl..... Sandy
Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I signed up to do this but have just been quit and reading alot.My name is Cindy and I am a sweetaholic.I have not formulated a weight lose plan yet because over the years I have done them all and will probably follow a weight watchers type plan because it is nutritionally sound.I spent the last 2 days between seeing patients checking out Gyms and trying to decide what will work for me.Today is the first day I will begin to pay attention to what I eat.I have about 63 lb. to lose and I have done it before but I always manage to find what I lose down the road.The darnedest thing is I teach diet and nutrition to my patients,its on of those do as I say not as I do things.I should have great motivation as my parents died in there 50 related to heart disease and hypertension but I can't get motivated.I have had SAD since moving to Oregon 4 years ago and it is the worst in January when we git no sun and lots of rain.Once again I know all the right things to do and can't.If you met me you would never know I was depressed it is not something I share but it is eating me alive and in response I eat.To bad I can't be one of the non-eating depressed people.I am usually positive and upbeat in all my post, even if I am depressed,but this morning it ain't happening.So off I go but I will watch what I eat and am thankful I gained no weight over the holidays. Cindy
Wow! Would you believe me if I told you I know JUST how you feel?! From the sound of it I'm sure I'm older than you but I do know where you're coming from. I know exactly what to do but thats as far as it gets! I could probably write a book on what I know and how to lose weight. But...depression is a big part of why I can't lose. I watched Dr Oz yesterday and I found out a lot on stress releasing something to keep you from losing and causing tummy fat. Oh dadgum, it's hard to explain but I'm going to get on his website in a while to go back over it and try to learn a few more things. I do pray, I pray for help on my loss. And when I go to eat something it's like I can here that still small voice telling me I don't need that...but what do I do...I eat it anyway!! SO, it's self control that I need to find deep inside. It has to be something I want so bad I can taste it, I need to find that drive that once caused me to lose so long ago and kept it off for over 10 years. I think that by coming here and reading about people like you and listening with a heart that wants to help and learn we can all work together and be of some help to the other. If I lose at least 10 lbs by coming here I'll be a better person for it and have God and all of you to thank. I do feel for you and pray that you'll find your personal help deep within. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here, not that I can do much but sometimes kind understanding ear is all one needs.
Many HUGS to get your thru this day...
Kathy
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

Oh how I love being sick...........up all night again still feel like I want to barf and are you ready for this????????????

I HAVE LOST 5 LBS since the 1st.

anyone want what I got? I could spit in a tissue and mail you my germs. It is the quickest 5 lbs I ever lost.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Oh how I love being sick...........up all night again still feel like I want to barf and are you ready for this????????????

I HAVE LOST 5 LBS since the 1st.

anyone want what I got? I could spit in a tissue and mail you my germs. It is the quickest 5 lbs I ever lost.
Sending you my address!!! LOL!! Hate you're sick, tickled you lost!! :mrgreen: :-D
Old 01-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
It is midnight Jan 6 2011

HAPPY LITTLE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I still feel like poo however I can't sleep from feeling like i will barff and I am so excited for those of you who know what has been going on from last months weight loss. JOHN IS CALLING ME TONIGHT>>>>>>>>what a great present for little Christmas. yipeeeeeee.
Oh Tru!! I am sooo happy that he is going to call you tonight! That is such wonderful news!! Was Jim able to go to Mass last night? I am so glad you are my friend and that I have this thread to be me on. Did you ever think this weight loss challenge would end up being a home away from home for so many of us??? No matter if I am trying to lose weight or not I will continue being right here because you guys have become family for me.

I also want to add that I use a lot of pictures that I find because those pics have a way with saying things that I cannot put into words. It is that whole "a picture is worth a thousand words" thing.

I am doing better this morning. I walked up and down the stairs to our basement twice this morning. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me. So that made me feel good. I am also going to be starting a yoga class on Wednesday that is specifically for people that are either in wheel chairs or must sit in a chair while exercising. It is very inexpensive to take and I will have a chance to meet others like me. My only concern right now is that I might say or do something inappropriate (because of my mental illness) that might turn someone off from being my friend. Oh well. *sigh*

I can honestly say that my momma is always right. Making the day end sure does have a way with making me feel better when I wake up. I sure do love my momma.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am praying hard for Carol and her family and for Tru and her long lost love interest. Also For all of those that had special things happening today. I hope all of it works out for every one!!

I really do love this group and until yesterday I had no idea that there were people here that had problems with me. I guess I cannot make someone like me or what I write. I will just set that aside and hope for the best.

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning. It's a new and I hope it goes well. Missy I worried about you last night please let me or us know how you are doing. Tru did you get that phone call???? Fingers crossed that you did. I'm guessing that a few of the new weight loss folks need to go back and read the rules. We do a lot and I mean a lot of chit chat here that has nothing to do weight loss at all. There are several of us that have been doing this for a while and we welcome everyone to join us but please if you don't like what someone said or a picture that was posted don't whine about it. I'd like to think we are all adult enough to be able to realize that we have control of only our own personal choices and try not to make everyone behave or believe as we do. Let's have fun here and if you are offended do the adult thing and move on. If you see something you don't like then don't look at it.
I am so glad you wrote this. I am really new here and am so excited to find a place to come and be able to share with people who are going through the same struggle I am with losing weight and to have a support group. (something I have never had). But I have to admit, last night I wasn't sure if this was going to be a happy, positive place to be or not. This may just be the OLD coming out in me, but I get really agrivated at how this country has fallen into the mind set that if anyone or anything doesn't please us, it is wrong and it is everyone elses job to change or fix it to make us happy. cjomomma everything you said summed it up so well.
Like I said I am really new here and it is not really any of my bussiness, but I just want to say Thank you to Missy and everyone for thier sense of humor and all of the great laughs they give us each day. Between Missy and Ditter I am sure to find something to smile about each day. We all have issues and struggles, most of us have more than anyone would ever guess. Different things affend different people for different reasons. If something is distasteful to you, overlook it or remove yourself from it. Don't expect the world to change to please you. (How do you know your opinion is right?)
To have a sense of humor and be able to make people laugh is a true gift. Missy, I hope you know what a blessing you are to all of us. Keep up the good work!
Carol I just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (((HUGS))) to you.

On a good note I am down 11/2 pounds even with all of the Christmas junk still in the house. One more dinner to go on Friday and then I'm cleaning out the junk! I have 4 teenagers coming so that should put a good dent in the cookies and candy! :thumbup:
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

[quote=NannySandy]
Originally Posted by kwendt
Oh yeah... and I lost another lb! Whoo hoo! So that's well... THREE so far. I know, <sigh>, I'm not winning any gold medals here... but hey!

THREE!!

HURRAY FOR YOU!!!!! 3 LBS LOST IS 3 LBS GONE BYE-BYE. Keep up the good work. You go girl..... Sandy
To me 3lbs. is worth getting excited over. Good job.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Rita's mom that's great weight loss. I better get to working harder cause I want those solids. LOL!!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Hey folks! I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to the group as a whole about me posting the picture(s) {I do not remember if I posted one or two} with a gun in it. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone at all. I will try much harder to use my "filter" on what I post here.

I am a big girl and if someone is upset with me about some thing I have said or done, please tell me. I am very open minded and willing to see other's points of view. It takes a whole lot to really upset me. So, vent away at me if I have upset you and I will do what I can to make it right (just as I hope I am doing now).

I do appreciate this group as I have gained so much insight in the months I have been part of this thread and for that I love y'all very much!

I would NEVER EVER want to hurt anyone here for any thing at all. You guys are like family to me and for that I am most grateful.

I will take some time though and back off as it seems that there have been some complaints. Never fear, my friends, I will read every single thing you write. I am just like Santa in that way. I know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sakes!

*big grin*

Love ya lots!

Missy
Missy you are a beautiful woman,
I don't know what was said about the gun thing but don't worry about it. I own guns and in fact carry one most of the time. People need to lighten up. We are loosing our rights every day and Also in the parts of the country we are from guns are a part of everyday life so we don't give it a second thought. This is supposed to be a friendly site, we need to leave opinions out of it people. To me all the religious refrences get old but you don't hear me whining about it.

Rock on Missy be yourself, I am a huge mental illness advocate , have a son with problems, etc, Let me tell you I have delt with mental illness for many years, I have even worked as a psch nurse.

So many people have problems because they feel that they can not be theirselves and have been constantly judged by others. One thing I have learned in my 4o plus years is be myself and screw the ones that don't like it!

Actually the pic of the dude in the hot tub looked like a good idea to me LMBO

To be perfectly honest I have had a gun ready on th edge of my hot tub, I live out in the country but have had a few break ins in my garage.
Anyway one night I was out in my hot tub which is in my backyard redneck style, and I seen a shadow run from the tree to the garage, well I hauled ass into the house and got the spot light . Yep no imagination there he was running across the field. Guess he didnt realize my friend and I were chillin in the hot tub cause the big cover hid us. I live on 200 acres he had no bussiness on my property.

I dare him to come back here I will light him up!
Thank you so much!! You are so funny. I can picture you hauling ass to get after that intruder! I am glad you shared that you were a psych nurse and that you understood (on a very personal level) about mental illness. Mental Illness is so hard to explain to someone who does not understand. When I have hallucinations (visual and auditory) I try to check in with people to find out what is real and what isnt and that is not easy to do. The things I see and the people I see that talk to me are as real to me as you are. People just do not understand that unless they or someone close to them experiences it. Just not easy at all.

Anyway, I am feeling much better today and am going through the posts on the thread so I can answer the comments and start this new day.

Have a good one!!

Missy