Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 PM

I guess I'll play again this month. DD and I got 3rd place ribbons for quilts we entered in the State quilt show. I'll pm Lori with my info
    Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Ill be glad to have some Quilting Magazines, I only have a couple that were sent to me in my SP boxes, I don't have any subscriptions. Crafty Grammie
    Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Congrats on the 3rd place ribbons Toomanyufo's!!!
    Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 PM

1. I would love magazines, I currently have exactly zero. Same with books, I have exactly 1, thanks to my previous swap partners
    2. Fabric, yes please. Any and all of it, hand dyed, undyed, whatever. GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEE
    3. I have a food saver, thank you for the suggestion. I use it often enough to warrant it's purchase, but I have a ton of rolls of the bags so i have never tried to re-use them. I probably would only reuse them if I used dried goods or fabric or something not greasy or excessively smelly or whatever. However, I was fortunate that a prior business partner purchased said food saver and box of bag rolls for me for a birthday gift.. YIPPEEE.
    4. I love bubble wrap and that pin cushion would be a heck of a lot of fun.
    5. I love baked, canned, homemade goods of any kind.

This month it was extremely hard for me to think of the "One thing you want the most".. What DON'T I want?! haha. I want everryyttthiinngg. I need everythiinngg. But what one thing? Aah. I found something I guess.

I'm the type of person that gives treats for the critters of the family. And I was glad my last partner gave my boy doggy some treats. He's been recovering from a herniated disk the last 2 weeks and he's been needing those treats. The baggie is gone, but even the crazy kitten has been eating them. Haha. The poor dog gets so mad because he's on kennel rest and he can see her go steal them from the bag. He's about 95% back to normal. My poor boy.

Anyways. Back to school work. Blah. I have 5 hrs to edit and turn in a research paper, I guess I can play on here for a few more hours

Last edited by Anastasia; 07-28-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: wrong swap partner referenced
    Old 07-28-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm already excited and it isn't even August yet!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]352034[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails images.jpeg  
    Old 07-28-2012, 06:27 PM

Anastasia - You are a real hoot. What are you studying?

Krystyna - Great idea of using a food saver. I used to have 2, but alas I gave them away and they were still virgins. That will teach me to use my imagination better. Love the bubble wrap pin cushion, too.

Quilty-Louise - I am too cheap to buy subscriptions to magazines, although I used to do so. I just don't have time to read so many now that I am employed again. So, I just buy the individual issues I want, or I go to the library and look through theirs for patterns I want. Most often, though, I get free patterns off the internet. I love Craftsy.com.

Reeskylr - I would love hand dyed fabric, and I would also love instructions on how to do it myself. Hint - if you get me this time!!!

Toomanyufos - I'm sure we'd all love to see photos of your and DD's winning quilts. Congratulations!!!

Jaba - Good to see you again this month. I have made more of the you-know-whats. Hoping to sell some at LQS. Time will tell.

Fayzer - I don't know who looks more excited - your avatar, or the lady in the picture you attached.

Can't wait to get my August SP. It's so much fun to see what people like and want..
    Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    I'm already excited and it isn't even August yet!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]352034[/ATTACH]
    ​Me too Faye....that is one funny expression!!!!! LOL
    Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Anastasia - You are a real hoot. What are you studying?
    I'm in school working towards a Medical Laboratory Technician degree. This is just a basic composition class. It's my 3rd class I've taken with lots of writing. UGH. I got one more of these types to go next set of classes. I'm so sick of them. This class, I haven't even read one word of any of the chapters assigned. I'm currently sitting at 95% for the class.

Since I posted that post, I've added one paragraph, and 2 or 3 random sentences to this paper. And a reference listing. I'm getting soooooooo much done.. not. While I was sitting in the insanely long drive through waiting for some sustenance to fuel my brain, I had an epiphany of an excuse for my procrastinating style. Since I'm such a perfectionist, I have decided that it's better for me to procrastinate because then I don't have time to nitpick it to death and scrap it altogether in frustration after butchering it with nitpicking. So then I only have to deal with the anxiety AFTER it's submitted, rather than on both sides. Yay for excuses hahah. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Also.. future secret swap partner.. I may or may not have had too much fun in walmart's school supply aisle this week.. soo.. uh.. I hope you like office supplies as much as I do
    Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM

My quilt I made for our 30th anniversary
    Attached Thumbnails resizedchainsoflove.jpg  
    Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 PM

This is DD Quilt
    Attached Thumbnails 3rdplaceorcabay.jpg