Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 AM

Beautiful quilts toomanyufo's - thank you for posting photo.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
This is DD Quilt

Oh my!!! Both quilts are spectacular. It's easy to see why they are award winners. I don't have half the patience to do anything that detailed! Congratulations to you and DD - well deserved..
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
I'm in school working towards a Medical Laboratory Technician degree. This is just a basic composition class. It's my 3rd class I've taken with lots of writing. UGH. I got one more of these types to go next set of classes. I'm so sick of them. This class, I haven't even read one word of any of the chapters assigned. I'm currently sitting at 95% for the class.

Since I posted that post, I've added one paragraph, and 2 or 3 random sentences to this paper. And a reference listing. I'm getting soooooooo much done.. not. While I was sitting in the insanely long drive through waiting for some sustenance to fuel my brain, I had an epiphany of an excuse for my procrastinating style. Since I'm such a perfectionist, I have decided that it's better for me to procrastinate because then I don't have time to nitpick it to death and scrap it altogether in frustration after butchering it with nitpicking. So then I only have to deal with the anxiety AFTER it's submitted, rather than on both sides. Yay for excuses hahah. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Also.. future secret swap partner.. I may or may not have had too much fun in walmart's school supply aisle this week.. soo.. uh.. I hope you like office supplies as much as I do
Hi there Anastasia,

How ironic. I, too, took Med Lab Tech (changed to Chem Lab Tech because I pass out at the sight of blood - so Med Lab was not a good fit for me obviously - lol), but I had to drop out with one semester to go. Money reasons and raising 2 toddlers by myself and getting only 4 hours sleep a night. So I fell back on my Accounting degree instead and that's what I've been doing ever since. Still, Chemistry was my passion, but too late now. I went back to school in my 50's and while I had fun taking classes with young people for 3 years, I don't want to do it again. I'd rather just retire and sew, crochet, craft, travel, hike, etc. Wow, I think I'm talking myself into quitting work!!!

You cannot get me out of an office supply store or a drug store or a $ store without some kind of purchase, so we seem to have a bit in common. And, I'm also a perfectionist. This, as I see you already know very well, can have its plusses and its downsides. Nice job of getting 95% on your papers. I had a 3.9 GPA and was bummed it was not 4.0. Perfectionism is stressful, but you seem to have learned to deal with at least 1/2 of the problem. Good going.

See you again. Almost time to get our partners for August. Yippee.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
I'm already excited and it isn't even August yet!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352034[/ATTACH]
Hey, fayzer, where did you get my picture? I thought I burned all the negatives and prints. Gotta tell you that was really a fun night though.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 AM

gorgeous quilt UFO
Old 07-29-2012, 08:56 AM

97 signed up now
Old 07-29-2012, 09:19 AM

sent mine...can't wait!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Hi there Anastasia,

How ironic. I, too, took Med Lab Tech (changed to Chem Lab Tech because I pass out at the sight of blood - so Med Lab was not a good fit for me obviously - lol), but I had to drop out with one semester to go. Money reasons and raising 2 toddlers by myself and getting only 4 hours sleep a night. So I fell back on my Accounting degree instead and that's what I've been doing ever since. Still, Chemistry was my passion, but too late now. I went back to school in my 50's and while I had fun taking classes with young people for 3 years, I don't want to do it again. I'd rather just retire and sew, crochet, craft, travel, hike, etc. Wow, I think I'm talking myself into quitting work!!!

You cannot get me out of an office supply store or a drug store or a $ store without some kind of purchase, so we seem to have a bit in common. And, I'm also a perfectionist. This, as I see you already know very well, can have its plusses and its downsides. Nice job of getting 95% on your papers. I had a 3.9 GPA and was bummed it was not 4.0. Perfectionism is stressful, but you seem to have learned to deal with at least 1/2 of the problem. Good going.

See you again. Almost time to get our partners for August. Yippee.
Yea I've gone to school toward other degrees and life gets in the way. I hate the start/stop and the big student loan bill you get with nothing really to show for it. I would like a 4.0 GPA but there's no way. I'm far too lazy But I do have a 3.78 right now after almost a year. Not too bad I guess. It woulda been better but little errors cost a lot of points in my Chemistry class and I got a B+ instead. *sigh* ohwell.

One of my favorite memories, is the second time I saw my BF out in Oak Habor, WA.. we were going geocaching, and we went into Office Depot and got some white-out, and a little container of red paint and a small paint brush. After he had to drag me out of my office supply drooling stupor, we sat in his truck and took out a ton of little plastic green army men. He make little squares of white-out on them, and then I painted little red crosses over the white out. Then we had an army men battle on the dashboard. He's an army medic finishing school to be a PA so he leaves the army men in the caches. We bonded over my love of office supplies

I'm learning to crochet. I was trying to knit, and well it doesn't like me so well.. and I promised a friend a green fuzzy christmas present.. last year... soooo.. I found a similar pattern in crochet.. We'll see how crochet likes me.

Also, I don't mind blood.. spent plenty of time in the vet clinic cleaning it and various other things up. And I watched like every horror movie growing up hehe. But I do have a problem seeing/touching death. Like, to phobic proportions. Sooo I'll stay in the lab, and look for little germs and things
Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 AM

Stitchingpost do the post cards that your post office sell have pictures on them? I don't think our local branch office sells any but the routine ones. I especially enjoy getting postcards that show a picture of something in the area.
Lori I hear you about the cost of mag. Sometimes I see a special offer for a really good rate for a subscription, about the cost of one or two single copy price. But then when it is time to renew-not as low. I do check the library for them. Our neighborhood branch carries Q Newsletter. And we can check out older ones-not the latest-for a week. We can request ones from other branches too, and they will send it to your branch for pick up.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I especially enjoy getting postcards that show a picture of something in the area.
Good to know. This month I got several post cards with some of my favorite close to me landmarks and little facts about the state, so I'm going to use them to write my little notes to my swap partner that way hopefully I won't forget