Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Kountrykreation you got me on 'repurpose' mink teddys.. where does one get mink and show us the teddys now I am curious big time. Love to see them. ok, what is deer camp? you got my attention there to.
the packages that everyone has received are so wonderful. Yet to see a 'bad' one lol like there could be a bad one sheesh..
i made the cutest little white chocolate dipped cones the other day with marzapan heads, pretzel wings as a cake topper it was cute and delicious. Idea came from this holiday cookbook I received from my sp and wanted to do a test run before I commited to them at Christmas. Easy and very very cute.. THANKS K fun fun fun book.
Elisabrat,
This is a 'repurposed' mink teddy. I am making 4, 14" teddy bears out of my mother's old mink coat that was left to me some 30 years ago. I decided it needed mending, or better yet (after long contemplation to cut it up!), 'repurposed' into mink teddy bears, one for each of my mother's great grandkids. I think they're dubbed, "Teddy Bears with a Past" or "Memory Bears". Here's a previous QB link that has a (similar) picture, http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ear-t6177.html. The ones I'm making will be in black mink and I'm just now starting on the sewing (w/lots of hand sewing grrrr), after completing cutting all the pattern pieces and applying backing for reinforcement. Also, I think you can pick up decent old mink coats off of ebay, estate sales, and such, if you are looking? The deer camp is our weekend getaway place where, uh, lets just say, there are lots of deer (ie, deer camp).

Aboslutely tons of great packages received this month!

Last edited by kountrykreation; 08-20-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Swap Hosts

Sorry I've been AWOL this month. The bathroom is finally done. Well, mostly. The important thing is that I was able to take a shower in my own bathroom! Elisabrat, I can't imagine what you are going through with your bathing method and I am ashamed of myself for complaining about my situation.

What lovely packages coming in! Such thoughtful and delightful items in each one. You ladies are really a warm and special bunch and I'm so glad to have met you all in this swap.

TooManyUFOs, it sounds like you had a wonderful, wonderful day. My dh is on vacation for the next two weeks and besides a bit more work in the bathroom, we plan on going fishing in some of our favorite spots. The snappers are getting bigger and there are plenty of kingfish, weakfish and porgies, too.

It's time to go foraging for beach plums! I love hiking in the dunes in our secret beach plum grove. This year I think I am going to put a lot into my dehydrator to use in muffins this winter. Yum!

And now that things are getting somewhat back to normal, I will be able to work on that patriotic quilt for the Joann's employee. Pix soon!

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
WOW, WOW, WOW, all I can say is wow. I received my SP package from LaQuita in the mail Friday after work, (& sorry for the delay, but we went out of town to deer camp, and no internet service available til this morning) but with no further delay, I just loooove everything!! The fingernail file is just the bomb, and love the blueberry pancake hand gel! Going to have to try my hand at the two quilting patterns, Dog Treats quilt and the Best of the West. The note pad is just too perfect and I really love the flag fabric and can definitely use along with the red w/ blue flower fabric. At the moment I'm making repurposed mink teddy's and will be absolutely using the hand needles you sent. The duck panel is definitely the cutest, I just love everything and thank you so very much!
Those bears sound really hard to make! I have seen them and would love having one but I think it would be really hard to sew!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Those bears sound really hard to make! I have seen them and would love having one but I think it would be really hard to sew!!!!
A lot of the sewing can actually be done on a regular home sewing machine w/micro needle, or leather needle. However closing up the stuffing holes are hand stitched w/a ladder stitch. It seems to be a slow process for me, but I've already cut up the coat, so it's to late to turn back now! LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 AM

Hi everyone. So excited to report that I finally received my Package all the way from England!!! I received a Scrapbook magazine with rub on stickers, a quilting magazine and a guide to Newcastle England. Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to visit. Thanks Canny Quilter!! Will try to post a picture later.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:12 PM

I got it, I got it!!!! And all of you will be jealous of the wonderful needle punch Greenini sent me. Along with tea, fabric, quilting magazines, a purple thang, good n plenty candy, etc. I will try and post a picture later so everyone will be green with envy. Thanks Greenini
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM

I had to show a picture of my cat. Yesterday, I got into my towel closet and walked away for a moment and left the door open. I came back and found almost every single towel in a big pile on the floor, the few that actually remained on the shelf had this laying on top of them.
Attached Thumbnails img_0737.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 03:17 PM

Krystyna you have a lot of fish that we don't get around here. Image this, a fat 50 yr old bent over trying to get slippery fish off a fiberglass floor. I am so lame today I can hardly move. The fish were flipping so fast they would come off the hooks and after several attempts we would finally get them into the tank of water. It was harder to catch the fish in the floor than in the water. I got a workout! Those beach plums sound interesting, maybe someday you will be my sp and I will get to try your jam. Does it taste like a particular berry or fruit? Well I didn't get a pkg today, maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Hopefully you will find pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails p8200202-copy.jpg   p8200203.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:32 PM

nice goodies Margie