Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you gift anything quilty to yourself? >

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Old 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM

I gifted myself a Pfaff Passport 2.0 while they are on sale. My main machine is a Brother Dreamweaver, which I love, but I wanted a high quality portable/backup machine. Reviews of the Passport have been so good, plus that IDT system hooked me
Old 12-27-2013, 08:49 PM

I just got my new Husquvarna this Oct, but they had to order the extension table and they offered me my choice of quarter inch feet. I had not been able to pick it up so DH went and also added the Walking foot to my stocking for me.
=)) sooo Happy! I can't wait to get some time to take my classes on it. I have to get it up and going soon. My old machine has been down for a while.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 PM

My amazingly wonderful Santa Husband built me a most beautiful cutting station. Storage cubbies on both sides, hanging ruler storage and an extension that folds down when I don't need a huge cutting surface. Also a self healing Gingher cutting mat. I love it!!! DS & DDIL gave me a Joanns GC and younger DS gave me a stress floor mat for in front of my cutting & ironing stations. GCs from bosses and students for LQS purchases :-) joining the shopping ranks!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:25 PM

I gifted me and my new SIL some craftsy classes, my DH got me a rotating martelli mat which is really nice no room to use it yet but nice, got a joanns gift card from in laws which i bought fabric for my road 2 ca class and a book. got 50$ which i would normally buy quilty things but sadly need new jeans more
Old 12-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Power Poster

I bought myself a load of Christmas fabrics from JoAnn's at 70% off! I can sew table cloths, runners and quilts for next year, all for a pittance!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:06 PM

I gifted myself all of the fabric needed for my granddaughters new cape. She believes all well dressed 5 year olds need a good cape.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
Since my birthday is also in December, I have to make sure and differentiate between the two so that I always get two gifts from my DH. For my birthday, I got the circular attachment for my Bernina 440 and have been having fun doing circles. I have made a bunch of coasters / hot pot holders. One of my bosses always gives me a birthday gift, so I purchased the #55 leather foot (of course, I waited until the accessories were on sale). For Christmas, my son's family gave me a GC to the LQS. With that and the gifts my bosses gave me, I will be able to get 3 other feet (couching, FM couching and pintucks) and have enough left over to pay for a retreat I am planning to attend in April.
Haha! My birthday IS Christmas day and my family has tried to come up with ways to separate the two. Now I am just glad to be remembered. My older brother is also a Christmas baby, and tho our parents tried to celebrate both, we sometimes got lost in the shuffle. My younger brother was born Dec 15th so it was finally decided to celebrate all the birthdays on that day.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:48 AM

I treated myself to a Quilt Cut 2 and love it, love it, love it........
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 PM

I'm my own santa- I got the scallop template for edges and a new Ott light for my sewing corner. I buy myself anything I ever want/ need as it is... It sure would be nice to get quilty gifts, though...

My Mom MADE me a great carrier for a 9x13 cake pan. I love it and we've used it twice talking meals to the hospital visiting!!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:30 PM

Friends were kind enough to give me some beautiful fabric for Christmas. One quilty friend made me a lovely set of 4 place mats with a matching table runner in holiday print. My after Christmas gift to myself was placing an order with Connecting Threads, taking advantage of some great sale prices.