Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >
  • The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

• The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM

GG, I did the Grandmother's Choice blocks from Barbara Brackman's blogs. I've saved all the CW emails but I doubt I will make them. Too many projects Great you didn't have to pay for your fabric

Hi Carrie, great to see you again
    Old 04-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Thank you Anael, mirabelle and gardnergal970. I know I can't keep up this momentum as there is too much else I have put aside and a lot coming up in May. But, I'm enjoying myself so will aim for at least one block per week going forward.

carriem - it's good that you were able to get a little quilt therapy in. I hope the headaches subside. I know they can be terrible. Fingers crossed things calm down and you get in more quilt therapy soon.

Last edited by works4me; 04-28-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    ..................And with the BH quilts there are a zillion tiny pieces...............
    .... says she who is doing Nearly Insane??

QNSue ... the kitty pattern will be a cute and fun one to do!

W4Me ... yes, you pretty much *shocked* me when you announced you were heading down the PC trail! Your one plus sage routine will be a good way to keep the balance of all. Then onwards to sage plus 2 then three! You've got a really good start now with this quilt, so while a slower pace, each block will show progress ........ right now ... a nice wall hanging size!

MiraB ... probably only buried under Spike because you are snuggling under it!

CarrieM ... Good to see/hear from you, but oh dear! more not-so-good news for you and yours. Let's hope that things are on the up-swing for all. I am sure you enjoyed getting back to sewing. How's your shoulder doing?

GGal ... hunker down and enjoy some quality sewing time til the storm passes! Coolish here, but seeming more springy. We need the warm spring rains to warm the soil as the soil is too cold for the farmers to plant the seeds! My neighbour was out today though ... first on the land, but only working down the stubble and ready for the rains, which we are to see every day for the next week! So far 8 DJs done for the month plus I think another 5 that have the appliques pinned and waiting the hand stitching. With all luck, I can do it to meet my monthly lucky 13 target! Sounds like you have another good project start ... and continue the quilty education!

Gosh ........ another month almost gone!
    How time flies ........!

I think my sewing-time-budget for May will be slashed seriously!
    I don't want it to be, but reality sets in.
    Already this month, I have had less time, and May will likely be more so.
    Not to worry ... I'll treasure every minute I can sneak in!!!!
    Old 04-28-2014, 12:53 PM

QuiltE, yes, I said that BH mystery quilts are all about the same thing, same blocks, same tiny pieces and I don't like doing the same over and over again!
    Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    QuiltE, yes, I said that BH mystery quilts are all about the same thing, same blocks, same tiny pieces and I don't like doing the same over and over again!
    Me neither ... I must have quilters ADD!!!!!
    I just have such a hard time doing matchy-matchy ... I love the looks, but find ti oh so boring ... really must "force" myself to do one!
    Old 04-28-2014, 05:34 PM

What DD and I got up to last weekend!!!!
    Remember this ABC Quilt,

Well I have embroidered another set of designs so we put another little quilt top together, this time with blue sashing, have yet to quilt it..

Then DD started rummaging around and found the Sesame Street panel and more rummaging turned up a jelly roll so pen and paper and lots of laughing as we tried to work out the maths for this one, yep still to be quilted..

So then she found the sailboat panel and I found the embroidery designs and stitched them out, we found fabric to go with it and I will put it together in the future.

My collection of Fairy Frost fabric also made its way into the boot of her car, don't know how that happened

We always have a wonderful time together, don't think there has ever been a cross word between us, I am staying at her place on the 8th May and her stash is in the spare bedroom so might have to repay the favour and fill my boot while I am there
    Attached Thumbnails abc.jpg   blue-abc.jpg   sesame-street.jpg   sailboats1.jpg   sailboats2.jpg  

Old 04-28-2014, 05:34 PM

oops sorry about the sideways pic
    Old 04-28-2014, 06:19 PM
    Power Poster

Looks like no grass grew under your and DD's feet this weekend! What a treasure your DD is! What fun quilts, too. And yes check out her stash in a couple of weeks!!!!
    Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM

Such great quilts Mirabelle, it is so great that you and your DD enjoy your time together so much! You did not mention DH quilt you made for him. What was his reaction???
    Old 04-28-2014, 10:55 PM

You two have been really busy Mirabelle! Beautiful quilts! I'm sure you will find something in the spare bedroom that suits you