Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 417 of 542 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 416 417 418 427 467 517 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Not only did the I SPY and backing get over to the LA today, one more did as well...one wall hanging of Mama and her kittens and backing went into the box to go to the LA lady. Feels good to have finished TWO projects!

Honchey, where are the Pictures???

Foot is still swollen after a week and a half. Guess I have been on it too much. Cannot put regular shoes on it yet.

I forgot where I put the camera then it got late & the rest of the nite was lost..yesterday was very busy for me..Had to go food shopping to make something that the GK would eat. They drive me crazy with what they won't eat!!! I was so cold after having to go out..I will take the picture today ..the hex ruler is very interesting..I bought it especially to cut the hex blocks that go in the middle of the little pieces I've been sewing together.
    I was hoping to receive the weekly newsletter from quiltnbee.com that has the free Women of the Bible Bow...but it didn't come...I think I'll call them to find out why...

Hi

I did some fabric shopping yesterday (well, DD picked everything out with a bit of help)...I am making her a graduation quilt...Crazy Quilt pattern. I won't do any embroidery, just some "crazy" blocks. The bottom fabric will be the border...want to try to get a purple/blue for an inner border, but since the blocks will take me a while I wasn't in any hurry for that.

Does any one have a Pfaff sewing machine? I was offered an industrial one (model A296) for $20. I figure for that price if it works, then my DD who will be moving out in the next year could take it with her to use for simple repairs, curtains, etc. Just didn't know if this is a machine/company to "stay away from".

I haven't been working at the hotel as much the past few weeks so getting a little more sewing done...YAY! I actually quilted 2 quilts last week and got binding on them. A couple days ago I started sewing rows together for another quilt (blocks have been done for a while). I want to get that top done today and then will start working on DD's quilt. She's graduating a year early so I need to have it done in April. I think I will need 48 blocks...making 8" ones. Need to find out for sure how big she wants it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love, love those fabrics, Carrie. I'm partial to batiks and I especially like the 6th one from the right--looks like pinks, burgandies, & black. They will make a stunning quilt. I've been getting my batiks from Thousands of Bolts--awesome fabric, great prices, fast delivery. I like how their website is set up by color--if I'm looking for something specific I don't get sidetracked and order a bunch of other stuff. (Well, sometimes I don't LOL).

Very cold here. Got the final border quilted and binding on bed runner, just have to sew the binding to the back. Today's a good day to stay in and sew. Hope to post a pic when done but it's very long and I'm not sure how to get it in a pic.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan, try hanging over the shower rod or even just across the foot of your bed. I figured you would like those fabrics since you use a lot of batiks.

Carrie, Pfaff is a good company...Their machines generally run very quiet and the stitches are true..The ony thing I don't like about the decorative stitches is that they tend to be smaller than the Viking machines...The industrial machines with any company generally do a specific stitch...I'm not familiar with their industrial machines..I did sew on them when I was younger making Bathing suits and men's pants...that was after school in my teen yrs...

If the machine just does a straight stitch be aware that they can run away on you...they are very fast even at their lowest speed......and need to be oiled frequently...for 20 $ I would get it...

some of my recent shopping...! & 2 are of the few things from Joanns...3 is from MSQC...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Honchey; 12-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Beautiful array of fabrics, Carrie. Nice choices and well balanced on the color wheel. It will be nice to see the pictures of the finished quilt.

At $20.00 for an Industrial machine, I'd go for it. Worth the gamble that it is a great machine that will sew forever... may be just a straight stitch...but would make a perfect binding machine for quilts.

The New Pfaff machines are noisy; not made like the old ones, I am thinking. I tried one out when I bought the Bernina 550, and it was so bad I thought it would give me a headache for sure. But I have heard good things about them. Bernina machines are good 'old' workhorses that keep their value and work forever. I think Baby Lock has some good machines, too, I was tempted there.

May the day be a good one for you.

Just sent you guys an email with a free pattern offer/no shipping fee..totally free..check it out!

Well, the bedrunner is finished. How practical are these things? I think the next projects will be table toppers or throws. This measures about 94 x 26, too narrow IMO.Name:  Bed Runner.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  384.0 KB

Love it JanRN. Who has feet 26 inches long???? Size looks nice to me, since a 'foot' is suppose to be the size of the 'foot' since long, long, long ago.

Thanks, Honchey for the email. I sent you back two emails.

Sent JanRN a couple of emails.

Third project finished. Border is done on second wall hanging; now it quilt it....myself....rather try to quilt it. Who knows how that will come out..

I'm sorry that I haven't been here for a couple o' days. I have been tryin' ta ta git the blocks for a UFO quilted & ready for QAYG. Hmmm do any o' ya remember the Quilt Story BOM several years ago that several o' us did? Well that's the one.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I am watching the news and saw that Camarillo,Ca was hit by the Pineapple Express (rain/mudslides) I hope that Jeanie is okay...She lives in Camarillo. Highway 5 is closed...I am going to google her address to see where she is to the 5.

TV had scenes of rocks & mud all over the place..I hope she checks in to let us know how bad is it there...
    Last edited by Honchey; 12-12-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Yes, the storm did a lot of damage to the Camarillo Springs area. It is a retirement community that had a large fire on the hillside behind the area last spring. It is several miles from us. Wow, the photos are amazing - a huge rock slide that came down the hillside and was almost as high as the homes in some areas. We had 2 1/2" of rain last night. No one was injured, but some people had to be rescued from their homes.

Thanks for the concern Anne! I'm so glad no one was injured or killed!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, so glad you're okay but what a scarey scene! I'm a Weather Channel junkie so I've been following this all along. The pics of the rock slides are unbelievable. Please stay safe!

Happy Birthday to OKSewglad!!

Yikes, I really need to check out the birthdays more often...

Hoppy Birthday OKSewglad!!!!

Happy Birthday, Oksewglad!!

JeanieG, so glad you are safe where you are.

I am going to the doctor Monday with my sore foot; On to DM on Thursday. Happiness is seeing it in the rear view mirror as soon as possible, coming back home.

Oh Jeanie, I am so glad that ya are alright. That can be scary.
    I am havin' asthma again. I have been readin' most o' taday so as ta stay still & do nothin'. That sometimes helps.
    Bev

Just checking in...making chicken soup for the "kids" dunch today..They will be putting up my Christmas Tree & decorating it... Going to Delaware tomorrow..helping Dsis with her baking...Her shoulder surgery is taking it's time with all the stretching she needs to do..Still going to PT.. I'll be doing some tax free shopping then come back home on Thursday...I haven't been in a good mood this past week...Too much going on right now & not enough time for my own stuff.... Have a good day everyone....H.

Quiet Sunday planned here (not like I don't have a ton of stuff to do LOL) just watching football. I think everyone is grouchy, Anne--we haven't seen the sun in weeks, it's so dark right now at noon I have all the lights on.

Keep your fingers crossed for me: tomorrow is the day I tell my boss I'm leaving. I'm such a chicken, should have done it before the holidays. No second thoughts though--I'm excited.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

My cousin came for supper & brought his current girlfriend last night. He lives in Odessa but I don't see him very often. He is just a couple o' months older than me. We kinda grew up tagether. He has some wives that I have never met. Hmmmm I think he has had about 5. I know that there was one that was a real witch. Hmmmm I think that was when I lost contact w/him. He had her for about 10 years. I really liked his last wife but alas they are really divorced. His current GF was really nice. Very quiet.
    Bev

Nice to hear from several of you today.

The I SPY and one cat quilt is ready for the binding; hopefully, I can get on that tomorrow, and take pictures when I finish....other cat quilt is over at LA quilter's...I chickened out of doing the quilting. Going to start on a smaller project first.

Had a great time at the Christmas party in Derby, Iowa, excellent food and company. Dh was in a good mood so I could smile and enjoy myself. He did not wear his kilt today, pure day... for me.

Take care everyone, Good luck JanRN on tellilng your Boss 'bye'.

We had Christmas party Friday night for the quilt shop employees...it was fun. This week is the party at the hotel...it will be a lunch. My family is all fighting a cold right now...well DS (who got it first) is pretty much over it, but the rest of us aren't feeling the best the last couple of days. I am thankful it is just head stuff and NOT the stomach stuff that has been going around!

Did I tell you all that DH is building me a bigger craft room? It is on the loft in his shop. After yesterday I officially have 4 insulated walls and a door! Still lots of steps left. DH will do outlets, lighting, base board heaters. My part is taping/mudding the drywall and painting; then moving everything out of the room to wash the metal walls and sweep the floor good before putting carpet down. We will need to do trim, but I am sure I will be moved in before that gets up unless we get a really good deal on something.

This week will be busy with archery practices, choir concert, work at the hotel, school....might have some time here and there to sew a bit.

I have been very still taday. I watched my Texans lose real bad. I don't know what they are gonna do about a quarterback as they have lost so many ta injuries. The 3rd string QB needs a lotta practice! I did a li'le bit o' handquiltin' after that.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the BD wishes...Spent a lot of time on the phone, even though I couldn't talk. "Talked" to all our siblings (6) and kids (3). DS called again tonight and we talked for 45 min+--decided I was sounding much better. Told DH we must be getting old--we went out for Friday lunch rather than Friday night dinner!

Had the 4 youngest grands yesterday--they liked the goulash I made for dinner..also spent 8 + hours doing bookwork as well as about half that on Friday. Still some odds and ends to do and of course milk check comes tomorrow, so bill paying to do. Not sure when I'm going to get sewing done!!!

Nice to have a little company, dublb--did it take your mind off the breathing problems?

Yeah, carrie--a bigger sewing spot! You will be surprised how long it will take you to set up in the new space. It sounds like you're getting back to your old self.

Oh, Jan, what can he say...you've been a loyal nurse for quite a while and helped him out during stressful times. Take a deep breath......

Glad to hear all's okay Jeanie.

Honchey--take a deep breath, too. What gets done, gets done. How lucky to be able to go help your sis out...wish I was closer to mine.

Back to the books...slow internet service tonight...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

A small diversion in my plans...I am working tomorrow for a 1/2 day...I'll be going to DE on Tuesday.Just I day later and I'll just stay a day later..Ha Ha..

Oh Jan, I don't envy you having to tell your boss of how many years? that you're leaving for good this time!

Carrie, it will be sooo nice to have a larger area for all your crafting & sewing..Tho I don't envy you the spackling & sanding part of the deal....Oh how I hated that part of renovating the house....
    OK, it seems Bob & I have more lunches out than dinners....
    It's close to 10 P M. and I have to be up early so it's off to bed I go...See ya later..H.

Page 417 of 542 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 416 417 418 427 467 517 ... LastLast