Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 427 of 542 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 426 427 428 437 477 527 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

That is exactly what I had ta do. It is a big pain! I had ta fight real hard ta git 'em saved ta the right place!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Thanks to a neighbor, we had an outing today and enjoyed every moment of it. PW came by and took us over to a small Amish town that has five stores all linked together, so its a whole store of quilting materials, ending with a small grocery store that was divine. I was over whelm by the four full double rows of fabric the length of the store. But quickly found items in the grocery store to fill several 'boxes' to carry out to the car of PWs. Then we stopped in Bloomfield for lunch and a visit to another quilt shop. I did find three pieces to help finish three other UFOs at the right price there. Ended up in my hometown to pick up DH medicine and three quick grocery store stops and back home again.

Honchey, I hope all went well with you today in Mr.Honchey's procedures. Dublb, I hope you feel better very soon.

Sue that sounds like a whole lotta fun!
    Jan I forgot ta tell ya thank ya so much.
    Bev

Bev - that quilt is really coming along great! I just love what you have done with it, and the Celtic Knot pattern is perfect.

Great trip out for you today, QNS! Such fun to have someone to browse through a quilting store with.

Honchey, I hope your husbands procedure was successful!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I am so glad ya'll like it! I wanted so bad ta share it w/ya'll. It took me several days ta figure out how ta post those picts.
    Bev

Bev, you've got a great quilt there!! and...hand quilting!!! I have been itching to try it. can't machine quilt for beans.. maybe by hand would be better...hope you feel better soon...

DH was in at 10 out at 11. Nurse told DH most men go to work after the procedure..it isn't necessary for me to be there, all I did was sit in the waiting room.. DH said the room was enormous, had stars on the ceiling, they played a Roscoe Flats cd while a robot did the rest...no pain, he feels fine...will repeat this for the next 3 days and again on Monday then he's done...very minimal side effects.. return visit in 30 days...He's very upbeat & positive.. that's good.

One of the girls at work is out for the week with an upper respitory ? infection so I went in to work this afternoon. I'll be working all day tomorrow...

QNS, don't you just love when a day like the one you had turns out as planned

OK, I have the larger triangles cut but not sewed on..hopefully this weekend.

Jan, I hope you're not sending anymore snow ..If you do, I'll send it back..I don't want anymore.

Have a good rest of the night and a good day tomorrow. H.

Anne that's great news! I hope it all goes that well.
    Ya'll did the blocks so I can't take all the credit. Handquiltin' is my first love in the quiltin' world. I think I have been hand quiltin' all my life! I have only been piecin' & machine quiltin' for the lasr 8 years or so.
    Bev

Great news, Anne.

Great job of quilting, Dublb. and I love your pattern you are using.

Winter watch today; may the weather man be wrong on this storm hitting here. Off to pay the propane bill this morning. May it be a good day for you.

Nope, its a no go this morning...dh had to try but thank goodness he turned around after a mile in the blizzard and roads were slick and we came back home. It never looked so gooooood to be back inside. Take care.

I am so glad that ya are home safe & sound!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    What a lovely setting for the mystery blocks, dublb...I like the tiny borders, adds such a nice bit of interest. Your beautiful HQ will take this over the top.

Here's the Fund raiser quilts---all sorts and sizes...Name:  2015  5 Elaine.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  9.6 KBName:  2015 Dove of Peace  .jpg
Views: 127
Size:  161.0 KBName:  2015   3.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  270.0 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Wow, OK! Those are lovely!
    Bev

Love those, OK, especially the one with the dove. Hope they all sold!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jan and all. It's so interesting to see which one strikes someone's fancy. Although I do like the dove one too, I'm partial to the little hearts..they're only 1 1/2" square. And yes they did all sell--netted $300 for the school--well worth my time.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 02-04-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Great job, OK! Great little squares and blocks and heart. I am sure the school appreciated your efforts and the money they brought in for them. Public schools will 'hide' expenses and income from the coke machines and candy dispensers as the fund for use of the administration only. It made me so mad that I brought my own from home and never spent a dime in their machines. If you could 'brown nose' the adm enough you might get some; but the children always came first with me. Guess I was always the rebel that way.

Yes, Dublb, I was very thankful we turned around and got back home. Could not see the road or where it was exactly. Cold today and above freezing on Friday and Saturday. Hope all the snow melts away.

We have tried the canned turkey and beef from our canned goods and they were wonderful in noodles. My dh loves every bite. I 'played' with the fabric in my QR yesterday and had fun. Maybe today I can sew a few seams. Take care everyone and have a good day.

OK, you create such fantastic little quilts..I love the little hearts log cabin and the dove on the red & white quilt..

I worked all day yesterday and helped with a quilting class..showed the newbies a few tricks & shortcut.. got home in time to make dinner...the youngest one had to be removed from the table for his bad behavior..I was unnerved for the rest of the evening..DH"s nightly glass of red wine upsets his stomach..my guess is the treatment is the cause..

Had a sample at Sam's club the other day that was very good..a blend of Marie Callender"s white bean chicken chili & velveeta ..thought I'd pass it on...I think I might enjoy it as a soup if it could be thinned a bit with some chicken broth.
    The weather is very overcast & gray outside..I don't want to go out at all today if possible..it's supposed to go down to single digits tonite...I think the Man upstairs needs to talk to Mother Nature... I'm sending an email to all of you...

Sorry about the visit, Honchey. May time fade the bad memory away. Sounds like a good day at work. I would rather be busy as the day goes quicker that way, at least to me.

Quiet day here, everyone digging out of the snow. Schools ran two hours late, and only hard surface roads were serviced. Looks like a wonderful weekend with temperatures up into the forties. Take care.

The girl I'm filling in for is in the hospital so I'll be working on Saturday & Sunday... I did sell 2 machines yesterday.

The weather man says something is brewing and it will start Sunday night thru Monday for us in the east..we'll see..

Dh is very cranky...I can attribute it to the fiasco & the treatments.. I hope this passes sooner than later..
    Good nite for now..H.

Blog Entries
    Sent you an email, Honchey. I think she needs a group hug.

Did some office work this AM, then went to GS BB game..Last home game of the season for junior high. Last night got blocks for QB's mystery quilt done, now onto final step. Has been fun to watch how each adds their own twist. Peace everyone.I
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Yes a group hug for Honchey! (HUGGS)
    Bev

Group hugs for Honchey and good wishes to Mr.H going through his procedures. This too shall pass. Never are two days alike in our life, and time passes all to quickly as we get older...but I do not believe the 'wiser ' part.

I agree, Ok, the mystery blocks we made for each other was very special. It is on my list of UFOs to finish. Warmer weather here today and tomorrow so off to pay that high propane bill today. Ouch! Lord, put thy hand over my mouth with DH driivng and talking today. Thank you.

Came back to quickly say my Pony Club quilt top is complete if anyone wants to see it. I started a new thread for it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7080809

Great job, works4me. Always a good feeling to finish a project, especially when it turns out so nice!

Ohhh, oh, oh - be sure to check out works4me's Halloween Quilt!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sun is shinning, snow is melting, and its a very good day!

Page 427 of 542 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 426 427 428 437 477 527 ... LastLast