Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 428 429 430 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The weather people are calling it a blizzard and it's heading towards Boston ..again. we're due to get 3-6 inches...it's just very very cold. I'm not feeling too well tonite..queasy stomach....hope it passes quickly..

Stay warm all of you and have a good nite..

Cloudy & overcast this morning, still very cold. I'm feeling much better this a.m.

Put together the 2 star blocks for a quilt to be raffled off sometime this year...

Have to start packing the car for our trip to NC...I don't want to even think about going into the cold garage...Brrrrr..
    maybe I'll just put the stuff by the door

Here's my stars.

Have a good day all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the stars, Honchey. Put the pile by the door and have him go warm up the car for you....nice idea if it happens or not...

Take care everyone and keep safe...

Love the stars, Anne, esp the fabric in the blue one. Lots of movement. Have a safe trip south. I really hate to tell you this but they're predicting very cold & some snow in the south (have I mentioned I'm a Weather Channel junkie LOL). I'm whining about 4 or 5" of snow--I can't fathom what they're going thru in Boston--Lord have mercy!

Have the day all to myself today. MrJanRN and DS are finishing the basement in DS's new house. Today they're doing plumbing. Neither are plumbers. Need I say more????? Got a table runner FMQ'd, just have to attach the binding. Also started this months QOTS mini blocks. I love them and make them as soon as she posts them.

Stay warm & safe and do something you love today--Happy Valentine's Day!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

You people in the snowy country stay dry and warm! I cannot imagine all that snow either. We use to take a February trip just to see snow!

Anne your blocks are perfect!!!

I have four more main blocks on my Bonnie Hunter Mystery to put together. I've decided to put a 1" sashing between all the main sections. I have seen this done on several of the quilts, and it really tones down the ultra busyness. I have a section of the quilt put up on my display wall. The whole thing is not going to fit - way too big.

Have a great day everyone!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Cold and windy here, but no snow. Avery and I made cupcakes with an angel food mix. With one pan we placed a marble between the liner. It creates a little v to make the cupcake to look like a heart. Avery thought it was neat...

Time to watch BB..Go Cyclones.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Good to hear from JanRN and Jeanie and OK. It did not snow here, but windy and growing colder. It did melt off most of our snow, so my eyes do not tear up looking out the front door. Seven quarts of chicken done, did not get the canner lid on straight so shut off the heat on last batch, to straighten up the lid before processing can start. Bummer.

Ok, the marble idea sounds cute.

JanRN, I hope your basement does not flood or grow mold.

take care.

Hello All--

I have been reading but not had much time to respond this past week. I have just about everything moved into my new room. I went from a 12x12 shed to ~16'x~18' room. So there is a picture of me vacuuming right after the carpet is installed and then the rest are from the 4 corners of the room with close ups up the big cabinet which has scrapbook stuff in it and one of the white cupboards...the tubs are my scraps sorted by color and the top are my larger pieces of fabric. It is full now, I took the picture before getting all the fabric stacked nicely. The other cupboard is for flannels...yet to be sorted/stacked. I have batting in my cutting table cabinet. Singer sewing machines...treadle was my great-grandmother's. The other cabinet was a machine I bought when I wanted to learn to sew...$25 at a garage sale (sewed most of my skirts and lots of dresses for my girls on that). The last (under the dome cover) was an antique store find. My youngest DD has claimed it as hers.

Piles on the floor are about all put away now...getting close to where I can sit down and sew again regularly...YAY!!!

PS Design wall is yet to be done...will show a picture of that when I have it up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by carriem; 02-14-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Carrie, its looking great! Heavy totes on top, you might want to re-think...and put heavy things on the bottom...and put the light weight small pieces of fabric on top... so you will not hurt your back. Looking terrific, good luck.

Carrie, that turned out wonderful!! I am so jealous of all the space & organization that you have. I just showed the pics to MrJanRn--he said "don't get any ideas, we don't have room in our yard for one of those". You & the kidddos are going to have so much fun sewing & crafting. What a great job you & DH did!

Carrie - that room is coming together wonderfully! What a great many years of fun for you and your daughters to enjoy in there!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carrie, what a great space for all the crafting & sewing..I'm jealous!

It's snowing now, not windy yet, that's supposed to start late tonite.. Packed some groceries in shopping totes for the trip...and...yes, Jan there's another storm coming after this one which includes the south...we're traveling south along the coast until after DC then pick up 95 around Richmond...hopefully if there's snow it will be gone by the time we're in that area... I'm counting the days...I hate the cold now..too much of it this winter....
    Take care & stay warm..I forgot it was Valentine's Day...

Thanks all for the compliments...I am very excited about my room. It has been a long time in the planning. I am sure there will some rearranging over the next few months to get things right.

I am praying for those who are sick or who have sick ones in their families.

I've enjoyed seeing some projects in progress and finished. I hope to have something to share soon.

Big Hugs!

Blog Entries
    Love it,Carrie! Thanks for taking the time to picture and to share. It looks like you will have room to grow as well.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

2 hours ago you couldn't see 50 ft in front of you and now the sun is shining!!!! still cold & very windy...

No snow here, just cold and the power went off for over 2 hours. Our neighbors all apparently had power. But they fixed it, and ten minutes later it went out again until they fixed it less than thirty minutes later.

keep warm and safe everyone.

Honchey - I just love your stars! I hope ya are able ta git ta NC safely.
    Carrie- I looooove your sewin' cave!
    Jan - How did your "plumbers" come out. Hopefully not too wet.
    Jeanie - I have seen several o' Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts & I agree that they are very busy. I think the sashin' in between will be really nice. Great idea!
    OK - I"ll have ta pass the cupcake idea along ta DD. My DGK's will be thrilled next year.
    Sue - that's a lotta chicken ta can!!! I bet it'll be wonderful next summer!

Friday DH & I went ta Brady. Thurs evenin' was his last dose o' his blood pressure RX. It has been ordered for over a month. The trackin' # said that it wouldn't be here until Tues. DH had left some in Brady on purpose. He wants it ta be there so he wouldn't have ta pack it. Sigh We had ta go so he could git it. It's not as if I didn't want ta go!
    When we got back taday there was a note tellin' us that we can pick up the RX on Tues as they had tried ta deliver it on Sat. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Brrr good morning! Wow is it cold! Air temp is -6 and windchill is -35. Guess who IS NOT going out today!!! It's a good day to stay in and sew; I guess I could clean but nah, I'd rather sew. Going to throw the ingredients for chicken soup in the crock pot for dinner. We're luckier than New England but I'm still whiney.

Bev, I'm on Synthroid and tried doing the mail in for it. It never came on time, they'd lose the original written prescription, or wouldn't let me know when it expired. It was less expensive but a real time waster when you added in all the phone calls, emails, and waits. Lately I've just been getting it filled at the pharmacy and paying a little larger co-pay. I hate that about insurance--you pay for it and when you try to use it there are snags.

Going to finish up the QOTS mini blocks and hopefully finish binding a table runner. Have a good one, ladies.

Too cold to do anything related to being outside...had to let the faucets drip so the pipes wouldn't freeze..2 areas of the old (80yrs) part of the house might not be properly insulated... DH just shoveled the walks..I don't know why.. we're supposed to "hit the jackpot" with Octavia and He'd have to shovel again!!! We're not too sure about the roads on Thursday...have to keep glued to the weather channel...
    Mail away drug company shipped with tracking and the post office couldn't find it 11 days later!! Poor Boston,,7 feet of snow so far...

For your information, Quilt in a Day Sale today features the First Ladies Quilts book for $9.98. Terrific bargain and great stories. I am hovering over the order button....undecided.

Dh is ready to go to town, so I had better get myself in gear here...take care every one!

UGH !!!!There's another storm after Octavia...we got another 6 inches...Not too sure if we're leaving as planned .

Sorry, Honchey, its just not spring yet. Guess you can smile when it melts away....its not a permanent thing. Cold weather will continue here until into March. How far away is Spring, JanRN?

Making sunshine inside my QR, by sewing the same seam wrong in many, many times of trying to get it right. I will get it right before I run out of fabric, I hope! LOL!

DH was not ready to do our chickens today, so its postponed until tomorrow. That gives me a day to work in the QR. Now to get that seam right!

Baseball pitchers & catchers report for Spring Training tomorrow--maybe there is light (or warmth) at the end of the tunnel. We only got a dusting of snow but it's so freaking cold that nothing is melting. I still have large icebergs in front of my house. There was a house fire in town last night--the entire building is now encased in ice; feel so sorry for firefighters this time of year.

For those of you who have smart phones (yes, this dumb senior blonde has a smart phone) there was a post on here about a free quilting app that is awesome. It figures yardage, stores fabric pics, helps with layouts, etc. It's only free this week so if you're interested go to www.quiltsandwichapp.com. If you don't like it you can always remove it. I love having QuiltCalc on my Iphone--use it to figure out yardage for backings especially.

Anne, sorry your trip may be delayed--it doesn't look a whole lot better in the south. My son is on a business trip to Fort Lauderdale. Just emailed me a pic of his "meeting"--from the golf course!!! Ungrateful kid LOL!!! He had to mention it is 78* and sunny.

Jan is there a code or something you need to get it for free? My iPad shows it is $9.99

Blog Entries
    Oh winter..here in N Iowa we figure once we get through February then we can think about SPRING....about 5 here now. DH hates February, yes the shortest in days, but the usually hardest of the year...cows are tired of winter too. Grands in NC didn't have "pre" school today because of ice.

Jan the app would be great--probably not one for a Kindle--my cell phone is simple flip phone as I hardly use it.

Trying to get excited about doing bookwork....milk check not what I expected. Hope $/gallon will decrease for you folks in the store...as it's fallen about 60 a gallon for us since December. Cold but the sun is shining. Have a good day
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 428 429 430 439 479 529 ... LastLast