Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 439 of 542 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 438 439 440 449 489 539 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Cute, QNS, but now I have that "you don't have to be lonely at Farmers Only dot com" jingle stuck in my head!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

OH Sue! Ya keep me in stitches! ROTFLOL!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Taday DH & I went drivin' in his 1970 Ford. We just kinda drove around town. We passed a big sign for a big garage sale. I talked DH inta goin' by then even inta stopin' for me. I found some lace curtains for Brady, some hand towels for here, & some red dished for DD. 6 plates & 15 sm. bowls! DD is gonna be so excited! Spent $10!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    LOL...some of those farmers think they need GPS devices to keep us in check.....then there's the ones that know we always come back as we have no where else to go........

Got my nap in..had omelet breakfast at church this morning...had to be in town by 7:00 this am. We set everything up after 4:00 p.m. service last night. We were a little concerned as we had freezing rain early morning. It was my first time as co chair so big learning curve. Good help and were done with clean-up before 1:00. Brought home omelets for DH and kids as DS and DDIL went out for dinner and a movie. Now onto the next project..bookwork and some cow milk production applications due the31st...

Sun's shining and maybe spring is really coming.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

How is everybody taday?
    I went ta my DSis's house taday. She has discovered herbal teas. We had a tea party! We sat on her back porch & enjoyed ourselves for an hour or 2.
    Bev

After we finished our wellness tests at the Dr.'s, we took a day trip East to Cantril, Iowa. Put my new monthly meds for my blood pressure in back seat in case of break down 'cause our car is not so new anymore. We had a great trip, got some groceries and a three pieces of fabric. But when we got home, no meds. Lost, stolen or misplaced, I have to replace them today. Checking all the garbage before running to town to replace them. Life is what it is, not the way we want it to be. Sigh. Never happened before, hope it never happens again.

Have a good day...sounds like you had a nice day yesterday, Dublb. Ok, what news story that took you to the LQS last Friday for pictures?

It is a great day, found the meds with the loaf of bread dh brought in and did not realize it was the bag I was looking for.. All's well that ends well.

Blog Entries
    Patience dear QNS, patience.....

Glad you found the meds--I know what you mean about losing things...I had some cash to pay for the refurbishing of DD's flute so DGD can use it to start band with. Needed new pads and a good cleaning plus a new case so it was considerable amount of $. Frantically searching yesterday before trip to Decorah...I knew I "hid" it somewhere..whew was relieved when I found it. DGD will be delighted when they come this weekend...

Got the information sent off for milk production records on Pansy and Rocket...deadline is today...thank goodness for email and PDF's. Pansy will be 14 years old in May--due to calf again this week. Rocket was 12 in January. Between the 2 of them they have produced 827,884 8 oz glasses or 48,133 gallons of milk..what a pair of cows.

Now I can start cleaning--windows would be a great start on this beautiful spring day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hi Everyone, I am rested from the whirlwind last week! The Village Stitchers are making a patriotic quilt to raise funds for the Wounded Warriors Christmas travel...the quilt is a simple star pattern with alternating blocks of white/white...as there are 11 of us...none of the star blocks (32) are the same size..so I took it upon myself to frog each of the blocks and put them back to the correct size.. they are all apart now..We just couldn't lose the points on the stars..this isn't a charity quilt and therefore I decided to do the right thing and now to fix them..My eyes are slightly cockeyed right now from all the little threads..they are all over the house!!! I will be taking a break today from them and I'm going to get my haircut and might get a pedicure...All the girls around here have their toes done up so pretty I feel I need to treat mine to the same procedure! Tonight is Bingo nite...didn't go at all last week...
    Time to leave..don't want the day to disappear on me..Later..H

I'm so glad that ya found the RX!!!
    DH & I went & saw a financial service guy taday. We will roll over our 401K ta him & it will double in 7 years. Right now we are livin' on some inherited funds. By the time we need the 401K it will be way more than we would even need for the rest o' our lives.
    Bev

Good morning! Sun is shining and it's supposed to go to 55* today (right now it's 20*). All winter our entire area has been following 2 bald eagle families via webcams. Both had 2 eggs in their nests. Found out this week that none of the eggs survived the winter weather, no eaglets this year. Bald eagles are rare around here, returned just last year and 3 eaglets survived.

Usually when MrJan travels I clean my house from top to bottom. Well, I've done none of that and now I'm having some fellow quilters over on Friday. Guess how I'll be spending my next 2 days LOL. They want to try out my Sweet 16, both have machines on Gracie frames but aren't satisfied with the amount of actual quilting space you get before having to roll the quilt. Six months ago I would have given them mine--hated it. But something "clicked" and now I'm getting the hang of FMQ. I've gone beyond stippling (a little, still use it a lot) and have done leaves, flowers, stars, etc. I'm excited. Can't get the hang of feathers--mine look like wieners on a stick.

Have a great day ladies, do something you love while I slave away cleaning!

Good for you Jan! Practice is the KEY factor in learning how to do anything well..

Didn't win in Bingo last nite.. had many chances but alas someone else beat me to the punch...

Today I'll be working on the star squares..have to go to the post office to mail off some Easter cards for the GK's.

Bob and I are going out for breakfast so I'll see Y'all later. H.

Blog Entries
    I should be cleaning..Will have about 25 for dinner on Easter..
    Worked outside yesterday..Got one flower bed cleaned..think I'm going to put rocks down..only a few hostas in the bed..scrounged around and found a couple of old bottomless pails for some geraniums. Then fixed dinner and had a nap. Got one living room window cleaned then back outside. Was surprised that the grass was burnable in a spot where I can't mow so spent until after dark watching fire..body sore now..going to run recyclables to drop off point, then outside for awhile before I head to town. QB and I going to work on HQ the quilt the guild is making for fall auction. Guess I have my day planned.

Bummer..no bingo winning, H.

Eagle cam in our area hatched 3 again this year. Love seeing the eagles...mostly in the winter..soon the turkey vultures will be returning. When they come the eagles move out for the summer. Have seen lots of robins and now red winged blackbirds are back as well. Last night heard a killdeer.DH said he saw several the other day...I think it's safe to say Spring is here. Where's the Pirates banner?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Well, I finished up the twenty five stars, and squares them off; not the eight and one half inch squares. So, I need to throw them aside and start over again, I guess. First seven I made before the twenty five came out right, so I will make just five at a time and measure closer all the way....eight and a quarter does not work....other side closer to an eight inch. So I try it again....again....and get it right.

Ok, sounds like a couple of good producing cows; do you have some of their daughters in the herd?

dublb, its nice to know you are rowing' the money over.

Have fun quilting, folks.

Sounds like lots of new potholders for QNS. Who cares if the points are cut off!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I would make 'em inta potholders also Sue.
    I sprayed painted some primer onta a set o' shelves that I plan on hangin' on the wall o' my sewin' room. Well I did that after my youngest DGS came over.
    Bev

Looks like its been a busy day for everyone, and no time to write a line here. We made a trip to my hometown and i ran some errands there and it wore both us out. Had to come home and rest a while....all afternoon and evening. Delivered an Easter Lily next door; she is having health problems.

Tomorrow is QR day. Thie or that to do with the day. Have a good one.

Yes it was a busy day for me. Laundry, dishes ect... then I did some cuttin' for a few blocks that I am workin' on. Had ta pick up my DGN as usual then supper & finally spent th'sevenin w/DH.
    Bev

Hi Everyone, I stayed up late last nite and had a miserable day today..I've been having a hard time with the stars I'm re-sewing after taking them apart... then one of the ladies asked me to look at the bobbin winder on her Kenmore sewing machine that wasn't working anymore..put the bobbin on, pulled the hand wheel out (clutch) then noticed the brake was pushed to far in..I moved it out then pushed the bobbin over, pressed the foot pedal and we were in business!!! I call the little lever that allows the thread to fill the bobbing the brake cause that's what it does..I stops the winder from winding...She was so happy she didn't have to have it serviced...all in a day's work..

Jan, QOTS is having another round of Mini's...more fun for you!

Spoke to the GK's yesterday, they can be so funny when they're talking on the phone..I should say to the phone as it's always on the speaker...they laugh and giggle to themselves and forget that we can hear them!!!
    I have everything ready to make brownies tomorrow on the counter..I've been craving sweets lately I don't like a lot of icing tho on them..just walnuts and chocolate chips mixed in the batter....going to play a few games then going to be in bed by midnight, I hope..see ya tomorrow..H.

Blog Entries
    Time to call it a day here...Was beat after all the running I did yesterday..like you Honchey it made a miserable start to the day..didn't accomplish anything until after noon.. but then did get 2 refrigerators cleaned out. The main one had such dirty shelves, I had to take them out and wash them. Then got the mud room/laundry cleaned. Tomorrow I mop kitchen and dining room floors and tidy up the living room..better get to bed so I'm well rested.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I was supposed to be cleaning the last 2 days because my quilty friends are coming this afternoon. I started in the Bat Cave and of course found a pattern that I'd planned to try. QuiltersADD kicked in and made a bunch of blocks. Better get started cleaning now LOL!!

I am gonna head ta Brady for a week. Will have a quiet Easter as the Kids are havin' Easter w/their In-Laws. #2DSon is gonna stay in Midland. He has some commitments so won't make it. On Tues my DM will drive out then on Wed she & I will go ta Round Rock & do some stuff for my DGM's grave. I hope we can get it all taken care of in one day. I don't plan on comin' home till Fri or Sat. It would be nice ta relax w/DM in Brady for a few days. I'll see ya'll when I get back.
    Bev

Dublb, enjoy Brady and relax there. Sounds like a great mimi trip.

JanRN, I hope you and your friends had fun with the sweet sixteen.

DH is off to purchase his tiller he has talked about getting the last two years. Hope he likes it six months from now....as good as when he buys it.Now I can g into the QR from peace and quiet and he will be busy outside. Its a win win situation.

Everyone have a great Easter weekend.

Good morning--just a quick note to wish everyone a Happy Easter. I'm meeting DS, DIL and DGS for brunch and then plan to sew the rest of the afternoon. MrJan returns tomorrow--didn't get near accomplished that I'd planned.
    Have a blessed day, ladies.

Good Morning and Happy Easter everyone, I've been very busy repairing the star blocks.. out of the 32 blocks I have 23 completed. 9 to go..I hated to take mine apart. they were perfect My 2 mystery tops are on the back burner while I get these done..

Bob & I are going out for breakfast at a new place in town and I'm making a one pot pasta dish for early dinner tonite..I hope it comes out as good as they say.. I'll be picking apart the rest of the blocks inbetween...

Have a good day everyone ...H.

Page 439 of 542 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 438 439 440 449 489 539 ... LastLast