Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 438 of 542 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 437 438 439 448 488 538 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Dublb, the ladies are in for a treat when you teach the class! Lucky ladies.

Dh needs a new USB cord for his tablet so off to town we go; and then I can retreat to my QB room. Progress is slow but it slower when I don't get busy on it. Sew much to do, sew little time...before I need to go on to the next in line UFO...

Blog Entries
    Belated wishes to Jan and MrJan...what happened to all the excitement of wedded bliss?Maybe a day for you and one for him is as it should be. Those many years together teach us to just enjoy the day without any hoopla.

I've been in my own little world. At least I can breathe without going into a round of coughing. My feet are soft from all the Vick's I've slathered on them. I think I can actually do something today, but where to start? So much still undone from being gone let alone from being sick. Looking outside the world is snowy and clean..close to a foot of it. No school so kids could be popping in. Next weather is rain...freezing of course which turns the halfway scraped gravely into ice rinks...Tomorrow warmer temps...snow could be gone by end of week.

Enjoy your day....I feel like a nap........
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I hope your are on the mend, OK, and that the snow will be gone on the weekend.

It was a bit cooler today than predicted, guess the weather man was was not from here...'cause it was cold...warmed up slowly to forty one degrees. Dh and his brother did more work on the 'hump', spading it up to work down into a garden patch and to sow some grains.

Tomorrow is another day...hope to continue today's quilt room progress tomorrow. Need to go after chicken feed, will see what happens with the weather...Rain tomorrow and the next day...is predicted. And do some errands again. Take care.

I had a great day yesterday. DH & I are takin' a big chance but we planted 14 tomato plants. I know. My DGDad told me ta never plant anything till Easter, 'cause we always have an Easter freeze. I am hopin' that it doesn't become a hard freeze or we will be replantin' those tomato's.

Today DH & I went ta Odessa ta the LQS that is there. My serger is a Janome & the LQS here doesn't carry Janome accessories. They didn't want ta be in direct competetion w/the one in Odessa (20 miles apart.) I am so spoiled that I hate drivin' ta Odessa. LOL Well Dh said that he'd take me. I have a class here in Midland tomarrow where I need it. Anyway we went & they have just started closing on Monday's. Sigh. I will have ta borrow one.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Great Day, we celebrated together filing the back of the truck with straw and pine chips for bedding for the fowl population we have now, few household items, lumber, etc.. ate out for lunch. Now to unload. Ugh!.

Hi Everyone, I've been very busy the last couple of days...I have company until Saturday and had to do some housework to freshen up the place..
    The quilt our stitching group is making for the wounded warriors is now in my hands to put together and I'm finding it very difficult..I can't understand why so many of the blocks are not the right size..none of our group are newbies..I've been ripping out so far 5 of the 7 so far..32 all together...I'm hoping the rest will be close to the right measurement..

Tomorrow we're going to do some scouting for a couple of good restaurants and then a Winery in the afternoon...
    It's supposed to be another beautiful day..

OK, you're a very busy woman...make sure you take time to stay better after you're feeling better...

Bev, Large grocery bags opened over the plants will insulate them from a light freeze. Have fun with your teaching tomorrow..
    Nina, how many chickens/fowl?

Have a good day all ...

Biscuit and Gravy casserole?

2 packages refrigerated biscuits (if they are the BIG kind cut in the middle for flatter
    2 packages dry gravy mix, make according to directions
    6-7 eggs, scrambled
    1 regular package breakfast sausage, browned, and/or bacon
    1-2 package shoestring potato snacks
    shredded cheese
    Put biscuits (uncooked) in 9 x 11 pan. Layer scrambled eggs, sausage (and or bacon), shoestring potatoes, gravy and cheese. I find works best with shoestring potato snacks under gravy as it softens them to like hash-brown consistency. Bake using the biscuit directions. from cousins who love it.

Why did we celebrate yesterday 49th wedding anniversary. And they said it would never last when we married. Now those people are gone from this earth and we are still kicking around on the earth.

Congratulations on the 49 years QNS! Wow, it would have been 50 years for me, if I had stayed with my first husband. As it is, he passed away at the age of 50, so I would have been a young widow. It has been 33 years with Joe. Recipe sounds great!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Congratulations Sue! Wow 49years! DH & I are at 32.
    Your recipe sounds yummy. I will share in w/ya in the PC RV as it has way too many carbs for me. I have learned ta enjoy watchin' people eat the things I can't.
    The class I took yesterday was a serger class. We learned how ta use a gatherin' foot by puttin' a cute ruffle on the end o' a white hand towel. Now it is a darlin' kitchen towel. LOL Then I came home & added an embroidery design just above the ruffle. Since the ruffle is red & black I added a cute design w/red flowers, a black ribbon & a cute butterfly hoverin' above the flowers.
    Today I did git the bindin' on the li'le quilt that I am gonna teach in May. Sorry for the confusion Anne that I won't be teachin till May.
    Bev

Good morning, just catching up. Anne, have fun with your company and enjoy them--they don't care about how your house looks LOL. QNS, what a milestone--49 years! Congratulations. Bev, I've never used a serger. My mother used to cut off the top of kitchen towels and crochet a "handle" that buttoned over the handle on your kitchen cabinets--I love those. OK is your team still in the NCAA tournament? I'm anxiously awaiting Opening Day for baseball.

Been up since 4 am--MrJanRn left for 10 days in China. He took DGD as her graduation gift. She's studied the Chinese language for the last 3 years, became interested in it because when he worked over there he always brought back gifts for the GKs. I'm excited for them, his former colleagues and some friends that live there have a lot of activities planned for them. I have 10 days alone--what to do???? LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, grab a friend and come on a road trip! I can plan enough fun to keep us busy...quilting stores, meeting people and traveling here in the Mid West and down to Dublb in Texas! Or fly out here to KC, and drive by rental car here. By gosh, I think we could have a ball and laugh a million times or two. You never know what you have missed if you don't come.

Two weeks can fly by....or go very slow. A challenge for each day...to make your own decisions. Wow.

One stitch at a time and the star crossed quilt requires one less stitch. Warming up to sixties in the day time and forty at night. Take care all.

Blog Entries
    Another anniversary to celebrate...congratulations to the Missourians.......

Honchey, nice to have company..at least it forces me to tidy up...but then Jan has 10 days of solitude...Got any plans other than sewing? How's the Pirate banner coming? Oh and sadly no team to cheer for...will wait for another season.

Gotta run to town today..going to get my picture taken at LQS....will fill in details later...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Really warm weather here yesterday and again today. Joe and I got out first thing and he power washed down the eaves and house, and I cleaned all the outside windows. It always makes me feel happy to look out those clean windows. Tomorrow (maybe), I'll have Joe take down all the inside blinds and take them outside to clean. They can be hosed off and he hangs them up on the patio cover to dry. I'll clean the inside of the windows while the blinds are off. We found some mildew on the North facing eaves, so he is going to try straight vinegar and see if it comes off. I know bleach will take it off, but don't want to use it if we can help it. Anyone have a good idea on how to get the mildew off the wood?

Jan, you should have gone to China with your DH and DGD! Or don't you fly??? I have a girlfriend who will not fly.

I finished everything but the final border on my Grand Illusion. I may have to make a few more pieces of the pieced border, as I added a 1" border around all the sections. Hope I can somehow make it come out ok.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, I did a 'Google' on the subject and it brought up a video and instructions as well. So you might want to try that. Moss grows back here, not mold as far as i know which is not too far.

OK, you have me on pins and needles wondering what your good news is...cannot wait to find out. I consider myself a border child...we lived in Iowa....bred and born there...educated in Missouri and retired almost on the border...I guess I am returning to childhood days! Crossed that state line many a time as a child and it all looked the same to me. In fact, the Honey Dew war was fought over where the border should be. And we live not far from "Skillet Fry' according to a classmate, but it no longer exists. Some towns in Iowa has faded away also.

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean, QNS...I was born in NW Iowa and folks moved to a farm in MN when I was in 1st grade. We were so close to Iowa a walk down the end of the lane and we were there! Moved to Iowa at 19...and an Iowan ever since. DM grew up near Ware, and now "where" is it?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Jeanie, I did a 'Google' on the subject and it brought up a video and instructions as well. So you might want to try that. Moss grows back here, not mold as far as i know which is not too far.

OK, you have me on pins and needles wondering what your good news is...cannot wait to find out. I consider myself a border child...we lived in Iowa....bred and born there...educated in Missouri and retired almost on the border...I guess I am returning to childhood days! Crossed that state line many a time as a child and it all looked the same to me. In fact, the Honey Dew war was fought over where the border should be. And we live not far from "Skillet Fry' according to a classmate, but it no longer exists. Some towns in Iowa has faded away also.
    Joe ended up using some white vinegar full strength and it did a real good job. He said there were a few more spots he wanted to go over, but was pleased with the results.

My DD swears by vinegar. She uses it for cleanin' everything!
    Taday was a great day. First my DM had called yesterday & told me that Big Lots has sectionals for the same price as what I have been lookin' ta spend on a good used sectional. So th's mornin' DH & I went ta check 'em out. We did look at the 2 that my DM told us about but they didn't feel real great on my bad back. Then we saw one that had stuff all piled against it & had a tear on one end. We moved the stuff outta the way & I was in love! When we asked about it the guy told us that he had only 2 right sides & no left sides. Grrr it was the left side that was ripped or I would have asked for that one. They will git a shipment in on Mon or Tues. We will go back!
    After that I went ta the UFO sew in at my LQS. I knew that I had taken up so much time shoppin' for the sectional that I didn't want ta waist time gatherin' my machine et al so I took my hand quilt & had a great time! While there I also set up the date & singed a contract ta teach a class. My class will be May 4th & 18. From 10 - 1 AM. I will make anywhere from $90 ta $360. for the 2 days. I did tell 'em I'd be willin' ta teach a night class but had ta have 6 people sign up for it before I would agree ta not be home at night. She is gonna take a waitin' list & we'll see if a night class forms. I am so excited!
    Bev

dublb - I use a solution of 2 cups water, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1/2 tsp Joy (or other dishwashing detergent) in a spray bottle for almost all my household cleaning. Makes windows just shine, but like it to clean the bathroom, or most anything.

What fun you will be teaching a quilting class. Do you get to decide what to teach, or does the shop?

Where o where is Miss Jan?????????
    Me thinks she had a PLAN........

Will she tell us or let us just guess????
    Is she headed East or West.

Or hiding out in her Bat Cave
    Quilting an Ocean Wave.

Alas, we may never Know,
    So no one can say "I told you Sew!"

My goodness Nina, You're a poet and do you know it???

Bev, I know you're going to enjoy doing these classes.. The $$$ also makes it enjoyable...

Jeanie, Can't buy Joy anywhere I live anymore.. I really liked that product.

Nina, Jan is probably enjoying her batcave... or maybe she's out with one of her friends shopping..

My company left this morning...we've been on a whirlwind of sightseeing, shopping and eating out...I would have liked them to stay longer so we wouldn't have to cram everything all in a few days... I haven't picked up a piece of fabric or turned on the sewing machine since last Monday.
    I have to make something for the Potluck Dinner at the Clubhouse tonight.. the entrée is a spiral ham..maybe some potato salad...
    Have a good day all of you..I'm off to the kitchen then the sewing room after I check the 10th Mystery train ride that starts today...H.

No one's ever written me a poem before! I love it, QNS, and I've been in the Bat Cave since MrJan left. I finally finished my Pirates door banner--had to make that damn "P" 3 times before I got it right!! I had less trouble with the 50 Fab Star blocks that some had 80 pieces in them. But I just have to finish quilting the border, bind it and I'm ready for Opening Day!

Haven't left the house, it's only 15* right now with a coating of snow. Where is Spring???

Bev, so exciting to get paid to do something you love. You've proved how patient you are with your DN and helping him with his reading. I know your students will love you.

Anne, company's nice but can be exhausting. Potluck dinner sounds like fun. It's Lean Cuisine for me for the next 10 days--determined to get a least 5 pounds off to kick-start my diet.

Jeanie, we have a white vinyl deck and fencing and get mildew and moss in the spring. Vinegar has always worked for us, too. Sometimes takes a few applications but it's safe and works. Hope you're enjoying warm weather--heard it's record breaking heat out your way. I just want 55*!!!

No shopping, didn't make it to the Cleveland Quilting Expo last week either. I still have Joanne's gift cards from Christmas and my retirement; just haven't needed anything and haven't felt like shopping. Hmmm--do I have a fever LOL?
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

It's nice to know we still have a nurse on the PC trail. I wanna see that Pirate Banner. Bet its nice. Glad you liked the poetry...I just felt creative this morning....and it just seemed to come together quickly.

Honchey, so happy you enjoyed the company, even if it was a hurricane of going here and there.

Dublb, Your students will love you.

Dh cousin called him to say they would come by today, so I baked a German Chocolate Cake and Frosting and made Chicken and noodles on the stove top. No show yet. So much to do, and no energy to do it, so I guess it will do itself or wait until I get it done.

I git ta choose what ta teach & how ta teach. It is my class. I am purdy excited. I have already made a mini & know how I plan on teachin' it. Before I do a class I have ta have a sample already made. LOL I changed the pattern. I don't ever seem ta be able ta do what the pattern calls for. I am thinkin' about doin' a class every 2 months.
    Bev

We had BBQ for supper w/DSon & his family. I did git the island all cleared off before they got here. I had a bunch o' sewin' stuff all over it. LOL
    The DGSon's were thrilled ta discover the sandbox. It is a big plastic turtle & has a lid. (It was the last one at Walmart last year so we got a great clearance price. ) We only have 2 bags o' sand right now but will work on gittin' more as time goes by. Those things are heavy!!!!!! We can only buy 1 or 2 at a time. Any way the boys had a great time. The oldest grabbed #2DSon's hand & pulled him ta the sandbox to play. LOL
    Bev

OK, this is for you...

Page 438 of 542 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 437 438 439 448 488 538 ... LastLast