Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 428 of 542 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 427 428 429 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    YEAH another PC done!

Hope you're feeling better dublb.. good to have that HQ project to work on.

Recuperating from yesterday..MrOK and I traveled to Ames with 2 13yo boys for a BB game. Good time with a decisive win. No HP, QNS...way to chaotic to think about stopping. Quilt guild tomorrow so need to get historian pictures compiled. Have a good day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

What a nice Sunday we're having--it's 45* and sun is shining. Hoping the large "icebergs" in front of my house melt some. The snow plow just goes up the middle of the street and all the snow gets pushed to the curb. So far they're still ice bergs--probably here until June. Felt good to get out without looking like Nanook of the North this morning. Not going to last tho--another cold snap coming. Oh well, winter in western PA.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying this day!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Yes Jan, it is a great day..tonite it's supposed to start up again by me...Waiting for the birthday boy to arrive today..have a cake for him... double digit 10 yrs old... Just taking it easy right now...working all day tomorrow and a 1/2 day on Tuesday...I hope my co-worker gets back soon...

Today was Mr.Honchey's last session and is now taking a nap.. Follow up in a month..and we have to hang around for 10-15 days to make sure no problems arise..We might try for 2 weeks down south and then come back for the check up then turn around and go back if all is well...I'll be working my co-worker's hours for as long as I'm here... I got a reprieve today and didn't have to go in..The icy weather/roads north of me was the reason..

I hope everyone is doing ok..things are slowly going back to normal.. Have a good day all. H

Honchey, glad to hear of Mr.H's progress. As long as your snow and ice goes North of you, its a good deal. I have a free quilt pattern I may email to you. It just looks like what you would like as an easy scrappy quilt. And anyone else that is interested. And what kind of cake is the soon to be ten getting for his birthday?

Oh, gosh, Ok, that close to OP and not go by for take out???Haven't made it there yet, but the year is just beginning, lots of time to go this year.

Found the Pepsi Cola cake recipe for bf, small marshmallows in it and PB icing. Her Birthday is the is 12th of February, she is turning the big six zero.

His birthday was the 5th and we had a Sam's club cake this past Sunday...we're keeping visits short..time wise..they stayed a little over one hour...
    Thanks for the offer of a scrappy pattern. I love scrappy!!!

Anne, Such good news about your DH's sessions ta be almost over. I think I am almost well. Still a few dizzy spells but mostly alright. DNiece is gonna bring DGNephew over taday. I hope I can drive real soon.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Only 39 days til Spring!!

JanRN, our garden centers are all setting up for spring, with big plastic wrapped palates of Miracle Grow soil, etc. With Easter the second Sunday in March, they are getting ready now.

Don't you just love a pattern that shows one set of instructions and they don't match with the Math?Name:  1-DSCN0049.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  55.6 KB Midnight Garden free pattern from McCall's with 2 1/2 inch strips, except the center which is 4 1/2 inches with the 2 1/2 inch square center. The trio in the center on each side is formed as a 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 not the three strips of 2 1/2 sewn together. So the pattern will have corrections on it written in by me, Honchey. But four patches on each side would work out, too, so there are choices on this block. Using my KT fabric, and loving it.

So good to be back into the quilting room, I hope I can see to do more of it. Today was a good day. Read the first book last couple of nights, since all the surgery and eye problems. Standing upright without the aid of a cane, is also good news on the health front. Hope everyone continues in good health.

Good Morning!????? PCers must be busy with their lives, hope all is well.

I thought I was working today and found out via cell phone on my way to work that I wasn't!!!

Thanks Nina for the Pattern...looks like something I would like to make..adding it to my list

You must be feeling good you're so bright and chipper

The sun came out this afternoon and it's about 36* but it's so damp it feels colder...I have to start cutting a bunch a candies for a swap that I'm in...love those candies!!!

Blog Entries
    Been under the weather...stomach upset and sore muscles all day--especially back and hips. This aging thing sucks today.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Gosh, Ok, I hope you get better soon...rest a bit every day..Take the time..make it a priority...A very strange thing happened after I got the flu shot..I didn't attribute it to the flu shot because I've always had the aches ...I was achy & sore for quite awhile even when I was in NC for Thanksgiving then we came home and I went to work for a few days and then I developed the upper respritory? infection, sinus all that stuff.I had taken 2 separate doses of antibiotics and when I finally got rid of all the gunk in my chest I noticed that I haven't had that all over achiness and soreness anymore... I feel so much better and I'm wondering why...I can even vacuum and my back won't bother me the next day..It's a mystery!!!

Sorry, ok, hope tomorrow will be better. Drink lots of liquid and get some rest. You, too, Dublb, and hope you feel better, also.

Yes, Honchey, I am finally feeling better than I have been this last year. I cooked dh a good meal this evening, the first time, I think, since my basal cell surgery on my nose. It was a good day, bright and sunny outside, more snow left the scene as water.

Finish laundry tomorrow and put my clothes away again. Enjoyed a hot shower, clean bedding for the night. Cleaned Mega's cage. Fixed dh a apricot bread pudding to enjoy. Tomorrow may find me in the QR sewing again!

May it be a good Wednesday for all of you...and hope you all will feel better than today.

Gosh I felt so good that I worked on cuttin' up jeans. I have a ton o' 'em. I have been savin' 'em for years & years! I think I can make some head way in the sewin' room if I first git all these tubs o' jeans all cut up & the parts sorted.
    Bev

Gee, I thought I posted a note before. I guess I forgot to send it
    Bev, how do you cut the jeans up and what are you making with them??

Blog Entries
    Better day today...but why is it when "mom" is sick no one fixes special foods for her...had to fix my own beef broth and orzo soup last night...cold here today and potato/corn/ham chowder is simmering.
    Working on some projects for the LQS--2 down 3 to go...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Help, the right or left as you look at it, for a color choice??????Name:  1-DSCN0050.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  43.0 KB I went to free quilt patterns to download the free ones, and it did not work. Guess I did something wrong.

Good to hear you are doing better, OK.

I'm not sure about either of them.. the left seems to go together but it's very dark . the coral fabric on the right doesn't seem to fit in with the rest... I would stick with the left..

QNS, I agree with Anne; I don't think the light coral fabric fits in. Are the strips already sewn together? If not, I'd put the lighter fabric between the 2 darker ones. The fabrics are so pretty but with the two darks together they get blended. Glad you're sewing up a storm again.

OK, good to hear that you're feeling better. I think they should start a "rent a mom" service that moms could call when they get sick, someone to come over and make soup and pat our heads until we recover.

I've been doing a lot of paper piecing lately so today did a table runner with regular piecing. I had to remind myself to cut accurately rather than "hack & wack" and to watch my 1/4" seam instead of sewing on a line. I like how it turned out but hated the directions for construction. You were instructed to make things a certain size then cut down to another size. Seemed like a waste of time and fabric.

Sue, I like the colors on the left but like the way ya put the right one tagether. I love it that ya are sewin' again.
    Jan I like it when directions let me cut down for accuracy. I guess is shows that I am still nervous about my 1/4" seams. LOL
    Anne, I have made several things w/my denim but have a ton o' other ideas. I have made the faux cathedral window circle quilt & have made rag quilts. I'd like ta make some gro bags outta the top o' the jeans, weave the seams inta trivets or welcome mats. I want ta do somethin' w/the pockets. I have a vision o' a crazy quilt o' all denim. I'd like ta make a rag rug outta the scraps.
    First I have been cuttin up jeans that I made a circle quilt out of a few years ago. I had ta cut the pockets off then cut the seams off. Then decide which little bin the scraps went inta. They are separated by size.
    The actual jeans that I have now I cut the legs off then I cut the hem off. The tops go inta one bin & the hems go inta one little bin. Next I cut the seams off & they go in ta 2 bins one for the french seam & one for the surged seams. I have just realized that I have about 6 bins that are 3'X2'X2' full o' jeans. I have been savin' 'em for years & years.
    Bev

Thanks everyone for your opinions on the blocks. Midnight Garden pattern actually uses the colors I used in the trio of strips....yellow, green and blue. It also uses the red on one end and pink on the other end on the 'T' The left one has a blue T that messes up the pattern. Slashing with corner stones go around each block. Camera photo does not do the colors justice in the picture. I will see what I can do tomorrow on a different colored block and submit it for your review. The block is so easy to put together, it flows well with the quick construction. It is the same pattern I sent to you, Honchey.

Everyone have a good day tomorrow. It has turned colder here, but it is still winter after all.

Sue how is your Midnight garden goin' taday?
    How are all o' ya'll doin'?
    I actually got out taday. I am still a bit on the dizzy side so DH did the drivin'. We went ta an estate sale & then ta breakfast. After breakfast we visited a couple o' my favorite thrift stores. Then I came home & took a nap.
    Bev

Glad you are feeling better dublb! No fun at all not being up to par. I think it took about 3 to 4 weeks to finally get over my sinus infection.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Storm moving in tonight and tomorrow, or so they say. We went to town today, found chickens on sale at .98 a pound, so I put five over five pounds in my basket. Came home and cut them up and put them on to boil, and will can tomorrow after I de-bone the chicken. Next week, we will finally butcher our own chickens and process them through the process, too.

Enjoyed turning the Midnight garden into High Noon Garden and having fun with it. Have a great day tomorrow..

Page 428 of 542 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 427 428 429 438 478 528 ... LastLast