Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 378 of 542 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 377 378 379 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Had to 'log in' cause of the thunder storm that moved through and shut down the computer....thus I was logged out of QB until I could read the password, then when I entered my name it logged in for this time....frustrations I will have to log in again and have it remember me!!

Sounds like everyone is busy and getting in a few hours of quilting with excellent results.. W4me, I love your version of Halloween Screams PC with the multi-colored web background. Oh, what we all will have on our shopping trips this week...and getting caught up in action in the quilt rooms.

Plants sales are starting up, I replaced four Colorado Blue Spruces this morning and got sweet potato plants and cucumber plants for dh...another tin feed can and more chicken scratch grains for the month. Spent the rest of the grocery monies for the month, wonder if we can live on love until the end of the month???? Retirement dollars only go so far and with increase in prices at the grocery store, I am down to less trips a month.

Air conditioner will be repaired this afternoon....really appreciate it more now since it has been out soooo long. Everyone take care. This ole three fours blind gal is signing off for now.

OKSGlad ... OMG .... driftwood in the fields! Planting still happening around here .... some areas are done and some are far from done. Some flash floods moved thru today for some, but nary a drop on my little patch! Counting the days to W-Day yet? or perhaps I should say W-Week??

W4Me ... Never Say Never More Fabric!!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

GGal ... you never stop! Quilting, Gardening ... and FARTing! Yea for you ... and now you have me drooling for fresh strawberries! Can't wait to get some of our locals, but I think it will be a while!!

Heat wave thru here today and the next few. Car A/C has died and none in my home ......... which means I am looking forward to refuge in my sewing room where it is nice and cool! yeaaaaaaaaaaa! So good things can come from stifling heat and humidity!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First it got up ta 101*F taday. It's supposed ta git hotter latter in the week. Up ta 105* I hear.
    My apprentice & her baby came over taday! She used a piece o' graph paper & drafted an easy quilt that she wants ta make so off ta Handcock Fabrics & Hobby Lobby we went. What a fun time we had!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow it is June already and time to post our May goals, or lack of whichever you wish

My goals for last month were

Finish Darkness borders -- got the whole quilt top sewn
    Quilt Spike --
    Finish my next ABC quilt
    African Animals is quilted and bound
    Sesame Street is quilted and bound
    I also sewed 2 more rows on my Wild and Goosey
    And I managed to keep up to date with all my BOW's

Phew I am tired now, but another month another set of goals....mmmmm

Of course stay up to date on my bow's
    Start quilting Darkness (1 row of quilting means it's a start right)
    Finish my String quilt, not necessarily have it quilted
    Quilt 2 more charity quilts
    I have started a Japanese type quilt for DD but it is not talking to me so might have to try and have a conversation with it and move it along too. Might put it on the design wall and stare at it for a few days

So who is next??????????????????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Cute, Mirabelle. And all your BOMs are done...how I wish I had mine up to day. Not going to happen for awhile.

Nasty little storm moved through; little brown ducks did not want to go into the hen house. So on the second round, I joined dh in the rain, and tried to help him get them in. I told him to put a light into the house , he used his LED flash light and they went right in....but not before we were extremely wet....left two unease out to fare as best they can. Power has gone out once and TV is still skipping words, so the storm cells are still overhead. Will power down for the night...watch out for the storm NE of us here.

Blog Entries
    Oh mirabelle, wonderful finishes. I can't make a June list. I'll just renew my May list for June

Now my May list
    1. Work on the April list!
    2. Work on potholders for out of towners with Iowa fabric on the back.--coming along...have 9 finished yeah!!
    3. Finish the Warm Wishes quilt...hand stitiching the binding now.
    4. Use Leaders and Enders more effieciently. On shop hop bought a BH book...have been cutting fabric to accomodate a couple of quilts in the book using 2 inch squares.
    5. Make a table runner for TV stand. Sandwiched and ready to quilt. It's big 24 x 60 I think. hope to quilt this tomorrow night
    6. Put together Historians book for Quilt Guild. Through out the year I've been taking pictures of Show N Tell at guild meetings. Now working on the book. still working on this...

Spent all morning in the office. There's always extra to do this time of year with crop expenses et al. Seems like I was on the telephone a lot too. Managed to finish mowing lawn this afternoon then worked in the garden adding some wonderful cowlot dirt to the raised beds. Plan on scrubbing the deck floor tomorrow so what if it rains. Then working in the gardens again adding dirt and cleaning out flower beds, adding dirt and mulching. A full day planned.

Storms missed us--nasty weather between QNS and us. Next time those 2 left behinds will be first to run to shelter, don't you think? Think Carrie and GrannyQ missed the worst of it, too. Ready to call it a night--good night.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Mirabelle, even one or two stitches means you started
    The ABC quilt is beautiful!

OK, I had to laugh reading #1 on your May list.

I've got only 1 goal: finishing Ode to my Mom.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oksewglad you will have a full list to do, please show us your finished quilts ...

Anael I have every confidence in you that Ode to my Mom will be finished in the very [U]near [U] future..
    Karen

Don't know what happened there "near" was supposed to be underlined, oh well
    Karen

There are some big lists posted for June! Busy, busy.

My goals are:

*Stay current with the 50 Stars BOW. I just started doing a block weekly in May, so started with those blocks and will keep working through with the group.

*Put last border on Medallion quilt--I got fabrics all cut yesterday. Maybe this afternoon I can get some more blocks done.

*Finish "retreat quilt" for one of the ladies who attends our retreats. I am not crazy about her fabric choices, so this has been a hard quilt for me to work on.

Very modest June goals here:
    Work on 50 Stars BOW
    Finish DGD's Asian influenced quilt that I've been obsessing over
    DJ blocks (got 1 done in May)
    Get sleeve and label attached to SYE quilt. I'm thinking about entering it in our local quilt show.

Have a great day ladies--beautiful weather this morning but those storms are on the way for this afternoon.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Get sleeve and label attached to SYE quilt. I'm thinking about entering it in our local quilt show.

Go for it Jan!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Just do it Jan! And take pictures of the show please?!

Yinz are such enablers LOL. The show is in October, have to submit entry by August. I may need some more encouragement by then. I'm kind of shy about showing my work. The local quilt show is a nice size, about 100 quilts. Most of the entries are very traditional patterns so SYE is a real departure. It's juried so I don't know if they accept things that are so different. But it's a goal!!

My LQS told me they're looking for non traditional quilts, otherwise they would have quite a few of the same and the shopowner doesn't want that. Do you need permission to enter the quilt? Or can you enter and see what happens. You know we love your SYE quilt!

Anael, I hadn't thought of copyright issues with SYE so I emailed QOTS and they said go for it--no issues. Thanks for the reminder.

JanRN just go for it, your quilt is beautiful and I am sure there won't be another like it in the show....

Yay you got a DJ made, mine are at a stand still at the moment, those darn SAS sashing are taking me longer than the blocks themselves
    Karen

Jan I say go for it!
    Taday the temps got up ta 105*F! & it's a bit humid for us. 38%! I sure miss my dry heat! It's supposed ta be a bit cooler ( mid 90's) in Brady but more humid. We really don't have enough air-conditioners there. Actually we have some windows that won't open ta put other air-conditioners in. I am lookin' forward ta seein' my cousins tagether in a better situation. We have just seen each other at funerals for the last decade. I've been plannin' this for a couple o' months. We leave early tamarrow mornin' after finishin up the lli'le bit o' waterin' that we need ta do.

Th'sevenin' DH & I went ta Odessa & bought him a 1970 F150 Ford Pickup. He is like a kid in a candy store. The other phrase he used was "...pleased as punch." LOL He was even talkin' about drivin' it ta Brady tamarrow & I told him that we'd have ta leave at 4:00am if he was gonna git me in there w/o an air-conditioner! He just laughed & said that he was just teasin'. He then explained what he needs ta do ta git the air-conditioner fixed so we can drive it ta Brady sometime in the future. It's a green color that DH just loves. I'm not fond o' green! LOL
    Last edited by dublb; 06-04-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I love the many shades of green....might make a green and white quilt...and love it so much I might have to 'gift' it to ds who is asking, asking, asking for a another one.

Had to make to emergency runs to the 'jum', I refuse to call it 'john' from the garden. D.....didn't make it either time. Runs are worse than no dollars in the pocket!!!!!!!! So much to plant yet today, so we can journey on the Iowa Shop Hop tomorrow...four ladies on a mission!!!!Time will tell how far we go.....

Have a good day everyone...hope better than me

What do you think of the last border? Is it too much light green?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my Carrie, I think it's beautiful. I love that shade of green and all the other fabrics. I think your outside border with the same shade of green finishes off the quilt perfectly. Awesome quilt!

Love it, Carrie. Very productive, wonderful background of the light green.

Blog Entries
    Too much light green? Not at all Carrie, the overlapping twists help balance this border, while the lighter, wider border gives a certain airiness to the whole quilt. Wonderful job.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Good morning. If anyone is saving the 4" paper pieced blocks from Quilting on the Square they posted the June blocks. Another one of those "one of these days" projects LOL.

Carrie...the last border is perfect! That type of quilt is now on my bucket list.
    Jan...go for it. Your quilt will get a lot of positive response from the viewers.
    Mirabelle...you always accomplish so much...and such beautiful work. Does your hand bother you at all?
    OK..good cow yard dirt! Sure envy you for that. That makes everything grow better.

Yesterday was FART day for me and my QBs. Went to 5 shops and 2 will deserve return visits. I found an OLFA 12 1/2 inch square up ruler I've been looking for, some neutral yardage...yard each piece...and several FQs. Lots of laughs good sharing.

May....bind two quilts. Check.
    Stays current with BOMS. Check.
    Work on QAYG with the Civil War quilt.

I'm so glad I kept it simple!

June....complete SYE and have ready for gifting in July
    stay current with BOMs and BOWs.
    work through and empty scrap bin I.e. Cut everything into strips or blocks.

Page 378 of 542 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 377 378 379 388 428 478 ... LastLast