Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 379 of 542 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 378 379 380 389 429 479 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Jan--I didn't know there was a new project on Quilting on the Square. Where can I find it on the website? I looked around, but can't seem to see it. Thanks!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my quilt. I should be able to get the last border on sometime today and will share a "finished top" picture with you soon.

I signed up for the weekly emails from QOTS and the little blocks are at the end of the email. She posts 6/month. If you can't find the first 2 months (I think she took them down) I can get you copies. I was drawn to them because they're pretty basic (not like the 50 Fab Stars) and by the end of the year there will be 72 of them--nice size quilt. Let me know if you want the first 2 sets.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

The little pp from QOTS is still available through the newsletters...so sign up now and they will download from their prompt at the end of the newsletter.

We made it to five shops today....DM three: Creekside, Heart of Quilting, Quilt Block, ;Newton Crazy Red headed Lady's quilt shop and the one in Pella, Iowa. tNewton has a warehouse sale every two months or so with fabric at Four dollars a yard...one coming up over a four day weekend in July...

Glad you were feeling better so you could go on your FART QNS! Sounds like fun. The $4.00/yd warehouse sounds especially wonderful, are you going back in July!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Our DD called yesterday and wanted to know if she and DGD should come down this week end to help get house ready for the big week. Of course I said YES! Tonight we organized food options for any where from 10 to 60 people over 10 days. All our siblings are coming from out of state as well as all our kids and Gkids, so will be a grand time. Tomorrow we are deep cleaning in the kitchen and laundry room. I know they aren't coming to see my house, but I must have organization and neatness to function with this many people in and out.
    Today got another flower bed cleaned out and mulched with a few flowers planted down by the barn door tonight with DD. Broccoli is ahead of schedule; have picked 10 heads already--the side shoots and a few heads will have to do for fresh eating in 2 weeks. Working on a herb garden tomorrow after laundry room is done. DD is tackling the kitchen. Earlier I got the cupboard doors washed with Murphy oil soap and time for a little orange oil shine. Time to call it a night--
    Last edited by oksewglad; 06-06-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Carrie, love your quilt!!!

OK, have lots of fun with your family! 60 people............wow that's a LOT of food
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QNS--sounds like you had a good trip!

OK--have a great weekend. Is the wedding actually at your place or just all the people coming through there over the next week?

Here is a link to my finished quilt: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post6748738

~~~~~
    waves Hello to Everyone!
    ~~~~~

I'm so far behind .... that I almost feel ahead!
    Nice to think that, but I don't think it is possible.
    However ... I do have the beds almost all done now including mulch completed. It definitely is the bigger job. NOW for the maintenance.

So no sewing lately, but I sure do plan on some this afternoon ... at least, that is THE plan, right now!

Nice to see how all our Booster Buddies have progressed with projects in May, and now have their June plans in gear. I'll report on my May later today or tomorrow ... and come up with June's strategy.

Sorry, I will not be commenting on all that has happened, but can't miss the eye candy!

MiraB ... another perfect finish to brighten a wee one's life and warm a parents ♥ that you care so much.

CarrieM ... It was nice to watch as you "built" this quilt. A perfect choice for your many borders to create a wonderful finish!

OKSGlad ....... yeaaaaaaaaaa for DD and gang coming to your aid! A busy time, but oh so memorable. Be sure to leave some (should I say many??) To Do's for the Bride and Groom when they arrive!!! Sure don't want them to miss out on all the fun of the preparations!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, that is quite a bunch and may be it will grow to a larger bunch with the Wedding; what a happy occasion for all to get together. And of course, many hands to lend a helping hand. Good luck with all the details' wishing bride and groom the best in their union.

Yes, yesterday was a wonderful day from six thirty in the morning until seven fifty-five in the evening....when i got home. Grumpy dh brought me down to earth again. Good news on right eye...its still improving. Have 'blind' spots, but seeing all the letters on the chart....but still have a few problems in Wal Mart and Grocery stores...but their lighting is very poor, too. Got stashing for the MBs and the BB from you all. Due to Carrie's lovely green quilt, I chose some green batik fabric for a green scrappy quilt Found some Stormy River fabric to complete that quilt. Celebrated being able to 'see' better and plan more quilts. It was a winning situation. Good company, good drivers, and good hits on Quilt Shop Hopping.

Hi Everyone, Just checking in...I've been absent for awhile.. it's just same ole, same ole. with me.. I've been puttering around my sewing stuff trying to straighten out the little messes I've made...Still trying to locate my camera. discovered little baggies of postage stamps and put some of them together.. they are addictive once you start..
    I have my permanent cap in temporarily.. Dentist wants to make sure it sits okay...It will go in permanently next week... Then after that I have to seriously think about the time to have the knee done.. I'm not looking forward to that...I have been babying it..I worked one day last week and not one customer came in... I brought my accuquilt cutter and cut a lot of postage stamps.. why?? I don't know.... I am working 3 days week after next so I'm leaving the cutter in the car..Who Knows I may need more postage stamps!!!

I have been reading all the posts and there's so much going on...Jan entering her quilt...good for you!. OK with the wedding...I can't imagine all the company you'll be having....Carriem, your medallion quit turned out fantastic... QuiltE with the finish of the FCC quilt..What a beautiful finish!!! QNS, happy for you that you sight is getting better.
    Morabelle, I hope your hand is doing okay... Anyone hear from GrannyQ???

I have downloaded all the little squares from QOTS if anyone wants them... I also download the 4" squares from Quiltpro every day...some of them are real cute...

My "Kids" will be here soon...so I have to go...Take care all of you..Have a good day....Anne

Blog Entries
    In between all this wedding hoopla I did get the Warm Wishes finished today. Yeah. Not the greatest of FMQ'ing, but practice makes perfect, right? I stippled the center, made cursive "l"s in the first border and a twist in the coral border. Here's the potholders I finished for the bride's family members--have 9 of them ready to give...
    Name:  Warm Wishes.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  450.8 KBName:  Fruitty potholders1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  190.1 KBName:  Fruitty potholders2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  179.7 KBName:  Fruitty potholders3.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  191.9 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oksewglad, Where do you find the time with all that's going on? Warm Wishes looks good to me....the colors are very soft & cuddly looking...How big are the floral squares? Love the scrappy potholders.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Honchey this was such a breeze to cut as the squares were 6 inch cuts with 2 of the fabrics cut at 2" and the middle fabrics 3". So easy with the 6 x 24 inch ruler.

Here's the pdf for the basic pattern. I altered the borders a bit to accommodate how much fabric I had.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=5185_
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Great quilt, OK! Thanks for the link to the pattern! That would be so wonderful with fussy cut fabric in the middle of those squares!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wow OK ! ! ! Your Warm Wishes is wonderful and the potholders are so cute!

Good Morning Ladies
    its good to hear from everyone...
    Trip was ALOT of fun! the kids had a great time in Yellowstone, they did the Jr Ranger program in Teton and Yellowstone and earned their Badges
    I will have to look into the other National Parks in the area and see how many more we can visit this summer maybe even make it to Yosemite eh???

BUSY BUSY, meeting my sister this morning for a day of shopping! and go visit my brother, who is having health problems... and give him a hug!
    My sister who is baby due, is due this month, and from my conversation with her yesterday... sounds like this week maybe
    another sister decided that her and her boyfriend are getting married! he starts med school in feb. so sometime before then... and shes moving to Washington! DARN! going to miss her... BUT she asked me to come help her finish her quilt soooo maybe not too bad! (how many National parks in WA? I wonder?)

Have a GOOD one Ladies!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Hey Ya'll I had a "Cousin reunion" in Brady. We kinda planned it short notice & several had other plans but we had a great time. It's so much better'n seein' each other at funerals.Brady was very purdy this weekend! All o' the rain on Memorial day weekend sure greened everything up. It's been so dry & brown for so long!
    Only about a third o' my cousins came this weekend. I guess we did too short o' notice. We all did have a great time! Some o' 'em camped out & others went ta hotel rooms. I'd love ta buy the lil'e house that is around the corner so that some o' 'em could stay there. I don't think the lady that owns it is near ready ta give up her lake house quite yet though.
    I'd love ta have ya'll come down! We'd have a ball!

My apprentice came taday & we mulched 3 o' my flower beds then we worked on cuttin' strips for her quilt. She'll come back tamarrow & we'll cut some more strips. I hope she gits all o' the strips sets sewn tagether by the next time she comes ta town. She has a toddler so that might be a bit hard. LOL Ya'll should have seen him (the toddler that is) tryin' ta "help" us mulch the beds. It was so cute! I do consider him one o' my DGKs.

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Beautiful quilt oksewglad. And such great potholders. What a novel and useful idea for the bride's family.

Great job, Ok on the quilt and pot holders. Seems like we can always use another pot holder around the house.

Great idea on the quilt; I can see that made out of flannel for winter time use and an easy pattern for a beginner to go with too and can think of several different versions of the pattern.

Gotta go to town and exchange the wrong flour dh got yesterday and get the right one today or tomorrow. May be tomorrow...sounds better than today. Things to do in the quilt room today. I might almost finish a project. LoL!!

OK--I agree with the others, your quilt looks good. I saved the pattern. I am thinking maybe alter it to use a charm pack and then get coordinating fabrics for going around the charms....

D_D--sounds like you've had a great start to the summer with lots more going on! Have fun!

Dublb--what a fun idea to have a house closely for family and friends to stay in while visiting you. Hope that works out someday down the road...

QNS--happy to hear you are getting some sewing in today. Me too!

Everyone...have a great day!

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone, Sorry haven't been on for awhile, DH is still doing chemo, not feeling very well yet and food doesn't taste good at all, no matter what i fix. He is to have a CT skan next week and a necular bone skan the following week to find how far the cancer has spread in the bones. It looks like he will have to have chemo every 3 weeks until he can't handle the after effects. Things don't look to good right now. He had one catarack removed from left eye and he was allergic to the eye drops and hadn't been able to see anything until this week, his sight is slowly improving. So far we have just been taking things one day at a time, some days aren't very good, he is feeling a little better today so I might be able to do a little sewing. Not much done on that for a couple of months. So I have been passing the time with knitting which I can pick up anytime & work on. Thank you so much to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for us, i really appreciate your concern. I have been checking the board when I can but not able to comment on all of the pretty quilts everyone has been showing. Keep us in your prayers.
    GrannyQ

You and your husband are in our prayers, GrannyQ. It is prayer that is getting me through the Optic Nerve problem in the right eye...there are good days and bad days. Friday was a very good day, but down hill since then. Trust in the prayers and do one hour or one day at a time. Try www.canceramerica.com the Cancer center of America may suggest certain food that will help with no charge... its worth looking into.

Janie is hanging there one day at a time, but doesn't want to air her concerns or story here. I have been emailing here to cheer her up. Also talking to Mo friend who lost her dh last December on a daily basis...she does have a daughter and two year old grandson who helps her take it at one day at a time.

Life lis what it is; you laugh and you cry...it has its moments. Enjoy and celebrate each day that is a good one. No, I have not made it into the Quilt Room; and I may not get the chance to do any more Iowa Quilt Shop Hopping unless the same driver has the time. Whatever will be, will be. I enjoyed what we have done.

My Apprentice was here again taday. She is leavin' tamarrow though. We did git a bunch o' strips cut for her quilt. We still need a ton o' B&W FQ's. 13 that are more black than white & 14 that are more white than black.
    We also tye dyed a WOW piece o' fabric that has musical notes on it. I looked a bit ago & the teal & purple aren't showin' up very well. I guess the navy kinda covered up the lighter colors. I didn't think that we used that much navy. The light blue is lookin' alright though. The musical notes are standin' out just wonderfully!
    I will meet her, her toddler, her DM & another DF o' our in Brady tamarrow. Her DM will clean the house & we will rest for the night. Then they will head ta Austin & I'll come home on Thurs. My Apprentice lives in Austin.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

grannyQ, I'm so sorry things turn out not so good. You and your hubby are in my thoughts. Hope there will be lots of not so bad days! ((((HUGS))))

So glad you checked in with us, GrannyQ. I know we're all thinking about you & MrGrannyQ and sending prayers and good wishes. Virtual hugs from all of us.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Page 379 of 542 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 378 379 380 389 429 479 ... LastLast