Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 381 of 542 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 380 381 382 391 431 481 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Hey Ya'll. Somehow I missed that GrannyQ had posted just before I had. I'm so glad ta hear from her. I'll keep prayin' for her & her family!
    I have been ta Brady again & back. LOL. We stayed an extra day as I didn't want my DF ta drive so long. I'm so glad we talked her inta stayin'. I did git several blocks sewn for a charity & part o' a PC block done. Flyin' clouds is about half way done.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Just checking in on everyone. Hope all is well. Got the top pieced for my DGD's Asian inspired quilt. Well, I actually made 2--didn't like the first one. It's in The Box. Have to spray baste, quilt, and bind yet but have a busy week so I don't think it will get done til next week.

Mirab, take that well-earned break; come back when you're ready and show us all you've accomplished.

I agree, Jeannie--would love to meet up with everyone so when QNS finds that $$$ tree we'll do it!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

It is either the Money Tree or someone wins the BIG Lottery...and sends the rest of us the tickets and time and place to meet up together.

Nice to hear so much good news! Honchey, I sure hope there is an easy answer for the low BP and that you're feeling better. Anael, what a great idea. Now where could that money tree be? Jeanie, every time I hear of another fire in California, I thnk of you. OK, what a memory making time for you and your family! I pray that there is no sever weather for you and yours.
    Here it has been very quiet. Keeping up with BOW/BOMs and playing with the minis. Garden still needs more weeding but it can wait until the weather cools down a bit. Off to ladies group with some AC!

Hi everyone, Just checking in... Dr said that there are sensors in the neck under the jaw area that when squeezed or pressed on can make you faint and when I had my head bent down for sooo long when DS was trimming my hair in the back of my head that's what happened.. my BP was very normal when the DR took it...I do take meds for it...I'm very happy with his explanation...

I worked today then had the kids for dinner...I am tired....The dentist tomorrow afternoon for the final cementing for the crown...it's a good thing too....it came off tonite after dinner...called him and he told me to keep it in water tonight...He doesn't want me losing it or swallowing it... Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!!

Huggs Honchey. DMIL had ta deal w/that nerve for 2 or 3 years. Every once in a while it would happen ta her. The first time the nurses thought she was dead. What a relief ta know what it is.
    I haven't been on much 'cause DD & her family have been here. DSIL has been workin' on my computer so that I can use windows on my mac. Then he found a way that I can git embroidery designs on my mac & then onta my embroidery machine. He is my hero now!
    Bev

Great going, Dublb, on getting your Mac to load your embroidery patterns and get them into your machine. I am ignoring my machine, except to give it a love 'pat' as I exit the room.

Hope it was a good day, Honchey, and your tooth was fixed up right.

I am in my QR, just stripping away. So happy that I can finally see again...making one and one half inch strips. Two inch strips. three and one half inch strips. five inch strips...

From Stitching Heaven this joke:
    On The Lighter Side
    At the end of their first date, a young man takes his favorite girl home. Emboldened by the night, he decides to try for that important first kiss. With an air of confidence, he leans with his hand against the wall and, smiling, he says to her, "Darling, how 'bout a good night kiss?"Horrified, she replies, "Are you mad? My parents will see us!""Oh come on! Who's gonna see us at this hour?""No, please. Can you imagine if we get caught?"
    "Oh come on, there's nobody around, they're all sleeping!"
    "No way. It's just too risky!"
    "Oh please, please, I like you so much!!"
    "No, no, and no. I like you too, but I just can't!"
    "Oh yes you can. Please?"
    "NO, no. I just can't."
    "Pleeeeease?..."
    Out of the blue, the porch light goes on, and the girl's sister shows up in her pajamas, hair disheveled. In a sleepy voice the sister says: "Dad says to go ahead and give him a kiss. Or I can do it. Or if need be, he'll come down himself and do it. But for crying out loud tell him to take his hand off the intercom button!"

I am in soooo much trooouble....oh dear, oh dear, oh dear me!! The Confetti Quilt has zillion one and one half inch squares in it. one strip made many times over a light sewn to a dark four inch strip, each one and one half, then
    each four and one half strip it cut in four pieces, each one and one half inch to 'form a ladder' of four pairs...a hundred and eighty times! No one pattern or color next to each nor adjacent to each other of the green or yellow pieces. I think I was crazy to start it, wow!

I googled Confetti Quilt, and wouldn't you know it came up with so many with the same name and yet different layouts (what else is new). Most looked like a 4 patch surrounded by sashing and cornerstones. Sooooooo what is yours suppose to look like? Good luck QNS!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

It's from www.rainbow.com and although it may take a while to do I am working on it for DS lovely companion, Pamela. Think maybe I have it figured out....each 'block' is four and one half inches...half of the blocks is just a background block.... is that is good thing. Background is off white with olive green and yellow. But may take longer than the FWSQ six and one half block quilt.

Nope, its www.rainbowfabrics.com and go to gallery and look at second quilt diplayed....

Go to www.crazyredheadquilting.com for a look at the Newton, Iowa, quilting shop that has a warehouse sale coming up the last weekend in July...for four days...everything is priced at $4.00 a yard. Yep, she is a red headed woman.... and her shop used to be a small church...all bargain fabrics are in the basement...four dollars a yard.

Taday was a bit on the hard side. We went ta the storage unit & brought a bunch o' my DMIL's things here ta the house & went through her china, silver, kitchen stuff & other knick knacks & divided it up. I was OK till my DD went through DMIL & DFIL's weddin' stuff. She found & read out loud a love letter from DFIL ta DMIL & it was written a few weeks before they were wed. I've been cryin' ever since. Not real tears but inside.
    I've got several hours o' work ta do before I have all o' the stuff I kept put up. Hmmm It might not all git done tanight.
    Bev

Hi Everyone, One more day to work tomorrow then I'm done until next Sunday...I like the short days best...
    Had the crown cemented in permanently on Wednesday only to have it fall off The next morning while eating my cereal before going to work...I just stuck it back on and prayed it would stay there. I had it re-cemented after work...He said it must have had something to do with the humidity when the cement was being mixed.. What an experience!!!

QNS.. The Confetti Pattern isn't that hard..

1. You sew 4 four 1.5" WOF strip sets alternating colors then cut into 1.5" sections..take two sections and sew them
    together....Part A made
    2. you sew two 1.5"WOF strips sets alternating colors then cut them into 4.5" sections.. Part B made .then sew parts A & B together.. You will have the hard part done..
    3. the next part is to cut 4.5" squares..

4. Sew step 1 & 2 together following the grid or photo of the quilt....I hope this helps...
    The hard part is cutting the strips into 1.5" lengths...

Dublb, How sweet &sad at the same time... I have saved almost every card my DH & DS have given me and every once in awhile I'll go thru them and reminisce over them...I wonder if my family will do the same when that time comes..love letters are so special...
    Last edited by Honchey; 06-20-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Question....does anyone besides Mirabelle have an Aquiquilt Go? I've been working with one inch strips for the miniature and have to continually trim because the strips are off a thread.......some of it is my seam but the most of it seems to be the width of the strip. I've read up on it and I do enough quilting that I think I could justify it if it really is as good as it sounds. Did my first batch if black raspberry jam yesterday....ummmmm.....weeds sure like this hot, wet weather. Have to finish getting the mulch down. Have a good day all.

Hi GGal, I have one and I love it..I have the 1.5" strip die (1" finished)...the only problem I have is that I'm finicky about having my strips on the straight and sometimes they will come out a little off when I open them up..when I cross cut them into stamps it's ok but not when you need the full width 40-42"..the strips will have an "angle"... that's why the "prepping" before they go in the cutter is important...When you do purchase the "go" try to get the new model that states something like "easier to turn"...I also have the "Baby Go" which uses narrower dies. 6 " as opposed to the 9"width dies... Fabric Hut on ebay generally have the best deals and are easy to work with..if you see a package deal on line and you would rather have a different die..Call them..customer service is great with them..
    Last edited by Honchey; 06-21-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Ggal, I don't have an Accuquilt cutter but I use a June Tailor Shape Cut ruler. It's about 13" square and has slots marked every 1/2" for your rotary cutter blade to slide along. You don't move the ruler, just move up to the next slot. I cut all my sashing strips and borders with this ruler and don't get the dreaded "dog leg" or "v" cuts. I got it at Joanne's for less than $20, probably used a coupon.

Thanks, Honchey for the help with Confetti; its just a lot of cutting and work to get ahead an inch at a time...so I am inchng my way slowly. Seams must be accurate, other than that, its easy to do. I have often wondered about the accurate cutting machine...it takes up so much room, it seems. Still not sure about it.

I have 'discovered' from Quilt in a Day, a seam ripper that magnifies and gives you light to rip out seams...light is LED good for one hundred thousand hours....not sure about myself lasting that long. How have I ever quilted without it...

Gee, I have one of those I should get it out & try it again.. the problem I had with it was getting the rotary cutter into the slot...it's worth a try when I don't feel like doing a lot of cutting...

Anne, when I first got my JT Shapecut ruler I had problems getting the blade to go thru, too. I got some old fabric and ran my cutter thru each slot at least once; seemed to open the slots up. Now it just glides thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Gee, I have one of those I should get it out & try it again.. the problem I had with it was getting the rotary cutter into the slot...it's worth a try when I don't feel like doing a lot of cutting...
    I love my June Taylor Shape Cut Plus Ruler. Like Jan, I use it for all my strips and borders. I think you need to use a 45 mm cutter, not the larger one. I think I've almost worn my ruler out!

I don't have the Accuquilt, but do have the Sizzix Big Shot cutter. I only use it for cutting up my scraps after I finish a project, or when my friend gives me bags of scraps (she does not use scraps). I cut my scraps into squares ala Bonnie Hunter (1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", 3 1/2", 5").
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Is there not a Brother cutting machine as well??

GGal ...
    you might want to check around at some of the LQS'. There's a few LQS' here that you can rent their machines to do your cutting. I think it's a good move on their part, as if one really likes it, they are probably more likely to buy it, for the convenience of having it when they want/need to use it. I haven't used the June Tailor or any of the cutting machines.

mmmmmmmmmmm black raspberry jam!!!!!!! Raspberries, already? Strawberries have barely started here! Consider mulch for those weeds .... I heard on a garden show on the radio today that mulching cuts down watering by 70% and weeds by ............... 90%. I sure have noticed that, with the mulch in my flower beds!

What beautiful weather here today, for the first day of summer!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GG I have a Go but I don't have all o' the die's. (sp?) Some times I send my fabric ta this lady who has all the dies' & also sell's the cutters & dies. I think she charges 10cents per piece. Ya could send her some fabric ta try ta see if it would meet your needs.
    http://www.customquiltkits.com/
    Bev

Taday was a busy one. First I did git about half o' the stuff from DMIL's storage unit put up. I also polished 2 o' her silver trays. Once I got up th'smornin' I helped DH ta pay billsthen DD & I ran all over town. I sure love havin' her in town. We did git a lotta stuff done. One o' the things we did was buy 4 bookcases from Big Lots & I'll use 'em in the sewin' room. I decided that I didn't need anything fancy just shelves ta put my fabric onta. We also went ta the new LQS. It's gonna be wonderful! I signed up for a serger class. I'm so happy!
    Bev

Raining here, with thunder. too. Baked fresh cherry pie; dh picked them yesterday from the orchard. Still stripping the one and one half strips....sewing pairs together.

Page 381 of 542 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 380 381 382 391 431 481 ... LastLast