Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 431 of 542 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 430 431 432 441 481 531 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Ah, such a great finish...and a deep sense of satisfaction for you as well.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks, OK, but I have two more rows to go and they are going slowly, but going onward. People mentioned on face book that the milk factory workers are out on strike...saying they aren't getting fair wages.

Yes, I did finish the two wall hangings and child's I Spy at Christmas time, but they were not full bed sized quilts. This fabric was all in my stash. Since I used the California poppy fabric it was directional, and I had to work a littler harder to get all the poppies standing up in the garden. Three squares are still growing sideways Do I change them or let them lay down??? More UFOs to come to the finish line, I hope. As long as I can 'guess' at threading the needle and the 1/4 inch seams, I will continue onward.

I just love your quilt Sue! It's just way too purdy!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Nina, you have been very busy I see..The quilt turned out great.....very pretty!

QNS--your quilt is turning out great! Even better that you were able to use fabric you had on hand! Can't wait to see more.

What are others working one in their sewing rooms?

I got to sew yesterday in my new room. Just a simple 10-minute table runner for a gift, but hey, the machine is set up and was even turned on. I will have this afternoon to sew some too....planning to work on my DD's graduation quilt some more. I have half of the blocks done...

DH got my design wall done last night. I decided to go with foam board covered with flannel...then fabric will stick on it's own or if I am putting paper pieced blocks up w/paper still attached, I can use pins easily. Bigger than my last one so that makes me happy too.

Sounds so exciting, Carrie. Its a room you are going to enjoy for a long time....probably daughters, too. DGS went for Archery trial out, but he was too young to pull the string on the bow this year. Next year DD says.

Income tax time is just around the corner in March, so busy correcting the Mortgage Company again this year. ...then found out I was speaking to customer service rep who lives in India. Go figure. Grrr. It is NOT the USA friendly based help. Have to journey into U. to talk to County Assessor's Office next week and see what our property and personal property will cost us this year...they raised it twice or three times since 2011 and did not let us know.

Thanks, Honchey, for your comments, too. Its a directional poppy piece that is driving me a bit crazy...all done except four blocks and correcting two other blocks that had poppies growing the wrong way. Singing to myself all the gold in California is in the bank in Beverly Hills in someone else's name....song sung by the Statler Brothers...with my off key voice, I would never sing it out loud. LOL!

Wow, QNS, your quilt is really pretty. Such pretty colors together. Keep on stitching you will soon have those other two rows under your belt.

Hope you all wake up to a great morning and have a good day. What is it like for you?

Well, it was 1* this morning and we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of snow sometime today and 40* tomorrow with rain so I guess now there's going to be some flooding in certain areas...The Man upstairs is going to have to re-commission The Ark!!!

after looking doe several daysI couldn't find my#8 mystery blocks to work on them..went into the car to get the coupons from the Sunday papers I do and lo & behold they were under the bag of coupon flyers...I forgot that I had taken them to work on...now I can finish step # 3.

It is 63* this morning in not-sunny California. We are expecting from 1/4 to 1/2" of rain in the next few days. We really need it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I've spent all day trying to make a P---the letter "P" LOL. I have an ugly front door so I have seasonal/monthly hangings that I put on it. I'm trying to make one for baseball season (just around the corner yay!!) and need a "P" for Pirates. I tried 3 different ones from EQ7, paperpieced, and they all came out with pieces reversed or forgotten--did not look like a "P". Scrapped that idea and decided to do kites for April instead. Much easier and turning out cute.

We're up to about 7" of snow and it's still coming down hard; not supposed to get rain this far north so expect a few more inches of that crap, I mean snow. At least today it got above freezing--only the second time in the last 30 days. Spring is 27 days away.

Jeanie I'm glad you're getting the rain you need. They showed pics of some of the California riverbeds and reservoirs on the news not too long ago--just dirt, no water in them. If I could just send you some of our snow.....
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

What to do on a cold day.....look for free quilt patterns....FabHopShop had several I liked. Tried Free Quilt Patterns and no luck there...advertised ones as the top five never show to download...finish border on California Gold. Bf says she likes pink and I do not work with *pink*! On rare occasions only. Prefer bright colors, so why did I download a pattern from www.FabHopShop.com called Naturally Naturals II? Because I have three totes of light, medium and dark beige and browns. Take a nap. Stay warm. Eat too well....no sugar sweets or calories...right!

Post a new note on PC and hope that some one will read it and post a note about something....anything.

I've been sewing onesies into twosies into foursies. these are all 1.5" squares...

It feels like a heatwave right now with the temp of 40*

Jan, How about creating striped fabric using strips of the "Pirate's" colors then fusing it, then draw letter "P" ,cut it out & fuse to a green baseball diamond with squares for the bases?

Honchey - you are soooo creative!!!

I am watching women's basketball on TV right now. One of our girls from our hometown team got a scholarship to Rutgars so hoping to see her play. She is not getting a lot of playing time.

Cooking a bean soup (ham and 16 bean soup mix) for dinner. Smelling wonderful in here! Going to make corn bread muffins to go along with it.

Suppose to get 1/4 to 1/2" of rain.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Why thank you Jeanie!!! I try to do my best to help wherever I can...

It's cold & rainy! I like that it is rainin', but it is gonna freeze tamarrow so we will have ice again. This is after it bein' so nice & warm this week. LOL I was actually hot on Fri at 80*F.
    Yesterday my dish washer went out for the 4th time in the year & a half we have had it. Bought it new & bought top o' the line. This mornin' we woke ta the deep freeze thawin' out! We went & bought a new freezer. I guess I will be handwashin' my dishes from now on.
    Bev

dublb - talk about "when it rains, it pours"! Things seem to go like that!

The morning we were leaving on our RV Group campout last month, there was no hot water. Joe told our friends that we travel with to go on ahead of us and we would get there when we could. Joe took the old water heater out (it was still on warrenty from Home Depot) and went to pick up a new one. The doorbell rang, and there stood Gil, our friend who Joe had called to go ahead, waiting for Joe to get back so he could help him get the water heater installed. It did not take long for the two of them to get it installed and we met our friends in another half hour to head out to San Diego.

Blog Entries
    Oh we are so tied to modern conveniences..where would we find time to quilt without them. What a great friend. Jeanie. Have a good trip.

Deep. Freeze. That's the weather today. Baby shower next Sunday. Working on a chevron quilt made from pink and gray twill...2 pair of pants and 1 skirt. Putting a fleece backing. I may put a pink elephant on the fleece. Need it finished today so it can go in the mail tomorrow. Also have routine blood work so will be ready for mail early.

Last night while watching Downton Abbey, I started cutting denim for mudroom rugs. Have some 9 +10 " squares so they will whip up fast. Another round of books this week as well..guess I have my week planned out....So have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Mudroom rugs from denim?? Please explain OK..ok?

Texas has 3 seasons. Hot, really hot, & really cold! Sometimes in the same week!
    Last Fri it was 80* taday the temps won't git above 26*. LOL
    Last edited by dublb; 02-23-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Want ta change it ta blue. :D
    Bev

Finished Midnight Garden, aka, California Gold Poppies except for top and bottom borders and that may not happen. Thinking I will just bind those with no border. Started Stars Crossed and loving it. Its another McCall pattern quick and easy.

Warming up tomorrow, so will go to town for a few things. Take care.

The weather is like a seesaw.. up & down, up & down.. I can't believe it's going to be minus zero in the morning..

Dh & I will be going out for dinner tomorrow evening..Haven't decided where yet..I would like to go to a place we haven't been before...We'll be celebrating our 47th Wedding Anniversary...

I've been working on step 3 of the mystery train blocks and I'm beginning to like them.. will show a pic later.. going to take it now...

they aren't staying in the order shown..I have 5 more to do and I think I'm going to take the red off..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it, Honchey, Just the way it is.

Dublb, Its hard when the temperatures go and down. Spring is just around the corner.

JanRN, hope the sinus problem is gone and you are feeling better.

Page 431 of 542 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421 430 431 432 441 481 531 ... LastLast