Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 430 of 542 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 429 430 431 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I didn't do anythin' yesterday. Well I did do a bit o' laundry but mostly sat in my chair. I guess the trip just about wore me out.
    Taday I have already accomplished more than I did yesterday. I have done twice the laundry than I did yesterday, loaded the & ran dishwasher, made a run ta the pharmacy w/DH & I have even did some trimmin' on some o' the backin' pieces on a QAYG wallhangin' that I am workin' on. DH & I do need ta go ta the PO soon ta pick up his RX.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

rotflol&icgu!

Grrrr! It won't let me post this capitalized!
    Bev

Carrie, I got it free on Sunday. Went to the App Store on my phone, searched and it came right up free. Maybe the free offer ended. Another similar app is QuiltingCalc from Robert Kaufman fabrics; I know it's still free, I just checked. It's so handy when shopping especially for backing fabrics or batting. Also gives you measurements for setting triangles and lots of other stuff.

QNS-love the snowman and agree with him totally!!

OK I agree with your DH--I think February is the worst month of the year. I have seasonal depression that starts gradually in Dec but it is worse in February. It's usually our snowiest and coldest. Sure has been this year. I'm sure farming in this type of weather is very difficult.
    Last edited by janRN; 02-17-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Most o' our sad times have happened in the winter. Add that ta it in't as light & I do git a bit on the sad side in the winter. Spring hurry up so I can go outside!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Winter is tough on all of us it seems. Jan I understand the SADD..though not diagnosed I have gone through the same as you...that's why I get our tax work done ASAP...it forces me to accomplish something. Think the thyroid condition doesn't help either...been on Synthroid for over 30 years. BTW,I get generic at Wal-Mart for $4 a month. Back to work....Tomorrow's QBUDDY and my sewing day.

Thanks for the laugh, QNS.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

We decided to buy more chicken feed and wait until its a bit warmer to dress out the hens...I do want to do it before ordering the spring chickens. No, OK, I have not seen a reduction in milk prices here. Maybe the middle man is a new CEO who wants more money in his pocket. Gas is on the increase again here. Are the dairy farmers part of a co-op there or a company buying the raw milk? Some are milking sheep instead of cows, or goats. Old Doc Bay of Albia always knew whose mare had her foal, and would get that for a baby with the croup and it worked every time.

I will get to sew tomorrow again; three cheers. One way to stay warm and comfortable out of the snow and cold weather. You all take care. And you are all welcome for the laugh about the snowman. DD posted it on my face book page.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr. Wind Chill adversary in effect until eleven am. One degree here.

We have decided to travel after DH's next apt with the DR. The roads may be clear but with all the slipping & sliding we've seen on TV of the Major roads we're going to play it safe and stay home..
    Finished cutting another 15 sets of 25 different fabrics for the swap here on the board.. ran out of starch so they were harder to work with...I noticed that there is soo much more static electricity using the go cutter..the squares were sticking all over and me
    I think I'm going to try to do step 3 of the Mystery quilt..I have it all ready...just have to get it to the machine!!!
    I was on Synthroid for awhile and didn't like the waiting to eat or drink timing with it..so now I'm on Armour Thyroid...It has something in it that the Synthroid doesn't..something about the T4 or T3 hormone...I'm not losing my hair as much as before...
    Still very cold but the sun is shining brightly today...the kids will be here tonite so it's spaghetti & meatballs for dinner tonite...
    Take care all and stay warm...

The tree guys finally come out yesterday afternoon & finished up th'smornin'. Gosh my poor tree. It lost so much! It's a good thing that it is such an big tree or there wouldn't be anything left o' it. As it was it lost more than a third.
    Then the stove top broke th'smornin'. The guy came out & it cost over $500.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Oh Bev--when it rains it pours!!!
    Another good laugh....thanks QNS
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    RE Armour Thyroid..as I understand it is from a natural source, I think pig, while Synthroid is manufactured. How long have you been on it? How's the metabolism, ie weight gain or loss? I'm thinking of asking MD to prescribe it. Is it harder to regulate the correct dosage?
    Any thoughts, JanRN? My DS just went on Armour; one other DS is also on Synthroid as was our mother and all 4 of her siblings...Do you think it's genetic?.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hey, OK, I'm retired so no nurse questions LOL!! Just kidding. First off, yes hypothyroidism is hereditary so all your family members should be tested. I've been on Synthroid for about 30 yrs, started on Armour. My numbers bounced around a lot, didn't feel well (hyper at times, sluggish at other times) on Armour. Everyone has a different tolerance. If your numbers are good and you're feeling alright, I wouldn't change things but I'd talk to your doc to see if he/she thinks you'd be a good candidate for the Armour. They usually run a T3, T4, & TSH to determine the dose so you probably have these done yearly. For the longest time, Armour was impossible to get around here; I don't know if that's changed or not. Funny thing I learned: always thought if you took too high a dose of Synthroid you'd lose weight; opposite happens, you gain weight in the form of fat deposits. Why? don't know, just something my doc told me. Now, can I go back into retirement???? Question for you: do you have trouble when it's really hot outside? I cannot tolerate high heat & humidity. I get very flushed, dizzy, nausea--I blame it on my thyroid but don't know if anyone else has this problem. I also can't stand warm/hot rooms; MrJanRN and I play battle of the thermostat--he's always cold. And no it's not menopause, that's a distant memory.

Blog Entries
    I thought once a nurse always a nurse.! 2 of my 3 sisters are nurses as well as my 2 aunts....
    Re: hot weather--it's not the heat, it's the humidity...No dizziness, just no stamina. Also on 4 BP meds so blame some of those sides effects on them. Interesting info on excess Syn dosage. I go around the house with 2 sweatshirts..one hooded so I can cover my head if necessary to hold the heat in. That's just on these really cold days when the cold just creeps in and stays.
    We watch our T4 and T3 levels religiously. At age 29 I told my MD what was wrong with me because I knew our family history..he didn't argue......Getting ready for my yearly check...have BP check every 6 months.
    Are you familiar with Mary Shomon?
    Last edited by oksewglad; 02-18-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Hey, OK, I'm retired so no nurse questions LOL!! Just kidding. First off, yes hypothyroidism is hereditary so all your family members should be tested. I've been on Synthroid for about 30 yrs, started on Armour. My numbers bounced around a lot, didn't feel well (hyper at times, sluggish at other times) on Armour. Everyone has a different tolerance. If your numbers are good and you're feeling alright, I wouldn't change things but I'd talk to your doc to see if he/she thinks you'd be a good candidate for the Armour. They usually run a T3, T4, & TSH to determine the dose so you probably have these done yearly. For the longest time, Armour was impossible to get around here; I don't know if that's changed or not. Funny thing I learned: always thought if you took too high a dose of Synthroid you'd lose weight; opposite happens, you gain weight in the form of fat deposits. Why? don't know, just something my doc told me. Now, can I go back into retirement???? Question for you: do you have trouble when it's really hot outside? I cannot tolerate high heat & humidity. I get very flushed, dizzy, nausea--I blame it on my thyroid but don't know if anyone else has this problem. I also can't stand warm/hot rooms; MrJanRN and I play battle of the thermostat--he's always cold. And no it's not menopause, that's a distant memory.
    I do NOT have a Thyroid problem, but I have the same problem with high heat. I really feel yucky. I cannot play golf if it is in the high 80's or 90's. I just don't do well in heat! I have the same with warm/hot rooms, and I had a hysterectomy at age 27. I was on Premarin for years and years! My Dr. weaned me off of it in my mid 60's. It seems like I am always a little too warm!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    I do NOT have a Thyroid problem, but I have the same problem with high heat. I really feel yucky. I cannot play golf if it is in the high 80's or 90's. I just don't do well in heat! I have the same with warm/hot rooms, and I had a hysterectomy at age 27. I was on Premarin for years and years! My Dr. weaned me off of it in my mid 60's. It seems like I am always a little too warm!
    And where do you live? . Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love our car with dual air control; he is always cold and i am always too hot. JUst cannot help it that I am "hot' stuff!

Well, I may be younger than some of you, but I do struggle with being hot all the time (no thyroid issues)...and I am not to the age of menopause yet, so haven't figured out why that is. Maybe the meds I take for my migraines?? I know that part of it (in the winter at least) is that we heat our house with wood so it is a different kind of heat than forced air....our house is cooler than most keep theirs; I always feel hot when going else where.

From midnight garden:Name:  1-DSCN0050.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  43.0 KBTo California Gold:Name:  1-DSCN0056.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  178.5 KB

Name:  1-DSCN0053.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  176.9 KBFive rows, two more to go. Each block with chasing is 12 inches, with a five inch border around it. Enjoy the 'sunshine garden'!

QNS, love that--you're colors look like spring time! Very nice!

QNS - your quilt is really moving along quickly. Great design!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. it is the first quilt I have done since a year ago last November...with all the eye sight problems behind me (I hope) its nice to be sewing again. Its a birthday gift for a long time friend, more than some almost 49 years now. BF Susan finally made it to see Dr. Clark and she has been going blind the last seven years due to cataracts on both eyes....he told her not to drive until they are removed. Don't know why she was in denial so bad, but hoping she does follow the Dr's orders.

March 24, 2015 will be our 49th wedding anniversary; planning a trip to Hickory Park in Ames, Iowa, to celebrate the occasion if weather permits. Everyone is welcome to join us there...hopefully Quilter 65 and her husband will drive us, and pick up BF Susan and her husband on the way. Who knows if we will make it to the big 50, so we will celebrate this year and can repeat it next year, God willing. Longest married couple still living is reported to be on the Eastern part of the USA with 81 years of marriage. Both are 99 and living in assisted living quarters. Wow.

Congratulations to QNS and MrQNS for their 49 years next month! Sure wish we could join you!

JeanieG, you and everyone else has a year to plan to attend our 50th wedding anniversary next year! LOL! DD is in charge of the party. I don't expect anyone to show up, but you never know.

Page 430 of 542 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 429 430 431 440 480 530 ... LastLast