Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 480 of 542 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 479 480 481 490 530 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Home coming over, friends meet, friendship renewed, and good-byes were said. All the women are still beautiful, with inner beauty showing up stronger than ever. The guys are all gentlemen like they always were in High School. Many of the classmates have died, it was a sad moment in time as we remembered them. God willing, we will meet again in five years. And have another BBQ, at their request.

Now to finish the house cleaning, clear my QR enough to work in this week, hopefully, sooner rather than later. Looking forward to 'eye' candy tomorrow on the new FW 1930 blocks.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful weekend for you, QNS...and another one in the planning stages...and yes reality sets in when friends lives are shortened early and one realizes how vulnerable and precious our time is.

Today must search for my camera battery charger...tonight is guild and my battery is dead...

Sun is rising over the hill and through the trees, another beautiful day in store...Going to check the tomato patch again...lots of nice green ones still out there and enough red ones for us to enjoy in salads every day. Have a good one...now to get coffee brewing.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well I had a super busy weekend, but got caught up on my blocks and even a bit ahead. I have them done for tomorrow and the following week. Although, Carrie is going to get a makeover at some point. I might attempt to do another makeover for bride this week as well.

Trained a lot of dogs this weekend and had a ton of fun. It's nice to see some of the tough cases making progress.
    Jenny B

I have been in a knitting fit and just had to knit this toy Lion, so didn't get any blocks done lol.

I will your blocks, Rosy, because I enjoy all the 'eye' candy that I can see on this journey. I am sure you will delight us soon with more blocks.

Good luck to all who are moving; sounds like its an organized move where mine never were in spire of good intentions.

Doctor agreed to lower my medicine dosage so I am a happy camper. BP is down to lower teens and twenties....and I can get up and fix dh's breakfast for him...and he does appreciate that greatly.

Rainbow Lion

I forgot to post the Lion
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7343915

NS, you are so right, my knitting fit has cooled for now and I will start my block pronto. It was my Happy Birthday today and I went to the gym anyway and got kissed by my big hunky trainer ahahahahhaha

I am 75 now and don't feel a day over 32, my favorite age.....the age of enlightenment and couldn't care less ahahahahah

Best wishes for your birthday, Rosy! I've been slow on my PC blocks too. I feel swamped with yard work. We have a lot of trees and there's always a lot of raking up leaves and stuff to do in the autumn outdoors.

Thanks Givio, I admire anyone who would rake leaves lol. I have never done that and not about to start hahahhaha. We let the leaves fall where they may. Honey mows the lawn and that cuts them up and then they go back into the earth and so on....the yard is much better for it anyway. I don't do anything in the yard, oh Lord, I would sooner die. I love to admire all the flower and plants that John does but is as far as it goes lol....I will be sewing, quilting or making a doll and cooking but never yard work. I know a lot of my friends love to work in the yard and I always invite them to come work in mine when they get bored......

I shredded all day today. I thought I was close to finishing when DH found another box in the garage! I finally finished at about 5:00PM. Of course I had to stop often. Once ta help DH load some furniture on the trailer. Lunch was in there somewhere & laundry too. Then I had to stop & go & pick my DGN up from school. He worked hard on his homework then he helped me shred some more. I was through by the time his DM picked him up. My past is behind me. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like Bev is shredding tree leaves, too

I let the wind take the leaves...the advantage of living in the country...I rake a few spots in the spring instead.

Happy Birthday Rosy....

Been busy going through cutting instructions for FWS...on block 69 now. A big thank you to Anne for all the work she did with the rotary cutting directions...I've been referring to them constantly. A few I have drawn up in EQ to PP. I work tomorrow...better get to bed...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Bev, the paper you shred is excellent in the garden for mulching, too. We often lay newspapers down in the rows.

Happy belated Birthday, Rosie. Love your little Lion, he's so cute.

Ready for DGS on Friday, with another remote control truck toy. We never get to see him on his BB or Christmas, so when they are all coming, I get him a toy or two. This one comes with a pack of batteries. Like the EverReady Bunny, he can tun it without stopping for a week or two.

I think after I make my DH his pouch to wear with his kilts, I can get back to quilting in the QB room. I did too well in the Great Room, now DH wants me to 'clean' out his room, so will need to do that before Christmas along with putting the other two bookcases from the hallway into the Great Room.

Picked up some fall bulbs today to plant for flowers next Spring; its a beautiful day here, hope it is you all, too.

Thank you NS, Lovely day here today in Florida . I made my two blocks from last week and posted them. I posted a hello Kitty in the lion thread lol.....perhaps I'll get a chance to do my current blocks tomorrow.

Bev, we bury all sort of stuff in the yard, paper included, anything that will rot.

Rosy, I commented on face book. The poodles are a riot playing the piano! And the kitty is cute.

I bought a new Cast Iron Cook Booklet; recipes look good. Cannot wait to try some of them....sometime in the next week.

Feelilng better every day, that I not as medicated as I was with BP medicine, dropped from 280 grams to 180 grams...now I can get more done!

With a comedy of errors while fixing supper, we ended up with Choice C....A and B failed big time! Yes, I get into situations, too! Laugh and take a different route than planned.

Hey Ya'll. I give my shredded paper to my DSis. She uses it for hay for her chickens. It doesn't last as long as the real hay, but it is free. All our family give her some. She gets about 4 or 5 days of "free hay" every month. Well this month she will have a lot more. She always adds her hay (& faux hay) to her composter. (She has one of those barrel composters!) W/all that chicken droppings in it it does break down well.
    We are gonna head back to Brady tomorrow, unload that trailer & head back home either on Fri or Sat. I do have a long planned trip to Temple to visit a quilting buddy. I will either go on Sunday or Monday. I packed up the purdy things in my curio cabinet today so that when I go to Temple I can stop in Brady & put 'em in the dinning-room. I packed those boxes light so that I can carry 'em. Yes, the top of all 6 boxes is crumpled newspaper.
    Bev

We have a nasty chore to take care of this weekend. In the back garden there is a hole in the ground with those bad bees in it. Hubby has let the bush grow all over the place because he is afraid of them. We discussed it this morning and I suggested that he whip the bush as close as he can get to the area where they are and I would pour the boiling water in the hole and cover it. I have done this one other time in another part of the yard and it got rid of them. These bees are lethal, they are not like the good bees.

We had the 'bad' bees in Texas underground and we killed them with hot boiling water and clased thier hole in the ground.

Clean slate from skin cancer doctor today; will see him again in a year. Welcomed that report. Took my driver, quilter 65 to lunch at the Red Lobster before we headed home...and she stopped at her favorite candy store and Quilt Block in Historical West DM. I picked up a couple of patterns and a total of three yards of fabric. WE made another quick stop at the grocery store , than on home to load up the cutting table and mat I was giving to her. We will try for after Christmas, some quilting time together. Family time comes first, before friends and I love that them to live by. Live can be too darn short to not love family first on our lists.

Darling SIL is mounting our new ceiling fans in the kitchen as I write this; I cannot help, so I am giving the guys the room to do their thing. DD is not feeling the best, so she is resting a bit. They will leave tomorrow, but enjoying them in the house tonight.

We did see signs of frost this morning; tomorrow night its predicted to hit 31 degrees...seen so many pretty fall flowers today and some trees are in full color now. Take care everyone.

Good news on your skin NS. ..yes family comes first in my book too.

Blog Entries
    Good news NS...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Name:  IMG_20151001_094730058.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  844.1 KBQuilter 65 at the Des Moines AQS in front of her quilt. She does an excellent job on all of her quilts.

How beautiful

Awesome quilt.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Lovely...delightful
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow--that's gorgeous. My favorite colors, too. Lots of work and beautifully done.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

OH Sue! I just love it! Tell her it's wonderful! (Blue is my favorite color after all.)

I meant to tell ya'll about moving my dresser to Brady. My DGDad built it years ago. I don't remember a time when I wasn't using it. My DSis & I used it as we grew up & it has been mine & DH's all 32plus years of my marriage. It is cherry wood & the drawers are made outta cedar. It has a large mirror but that will have to stay downstairs as the upstairs ceilings are sloped. It is big but w/out the drawers it isn't that heavy, but it is very bulky.
    Well getting it on the trailer was a piece of cake & even getting it off the trailer wasn't hard a'tall. We had to get it up the deck stairs & that is where the trouble started. I told DH that I wanted to go first & backwards. We went one step at a time. One step DH took a step a bit faster than I did & my leg got pinned between the step & the dresser. It didn't hurt but I couldn't move it. Mike wanted to back down a step but I was afraid that I wouldn't hold it well if he did. Any way I worked hard on getting my leg to move & after a minute I found myself sitting on the next step. LOL I sat there a min & decided to grab the bottom of the dresser w/my hands then move my butt up to the next step. I did that for 5 or 6 steps. Yes I crab walked backwards up those stairs pulling that dresser up w/me. Mike & I were laughing so hard. OK, I was laughing he really didn't laugh till he knew for sure I was alright. It was nothing after that to get it onto the middle room of the upstairs after that.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Sometimes laughter makes a job go easier....and like I have said before...one step at a time
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 480 of 542 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 479 480 481 490 530 ... LastLast