Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 470 of 542 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 469 470 471 480 520 ... LastLast
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I love the block Givio...

Here is best friend block.. I am going to have to start mixing some other fabrics with the Indian fabric. I don't have enough to choose from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OH, Oh, oh! I just love those blocks!
    givio, your blocks have a very happy masculine feel!
    Rosy, your blocks are so happy!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I spent the day at my new DF's house. She is a new quilter but has taken both of my classes. I went to her house & we were gonna spray baste on her wall her quilt. We did it in her garage but she didn't have any newspaper. I should have taken some of mine. (DH & I have saved it for starting the fires in the wood-burning stove in Brady.) Anyway we tried to do it w/trash bags. Do not ever try that! It was awful! We moved it to her kitchen island & redid it there. It was fun!
    Bev

Bev, I spray basted yesterday, too. It was just a long narrow table runner so I did it on my dining room table with just a sheet for protection. How much overspray can there be? Well----a lot! I noticed a few glass things on my hutch looked sticky so I washed them; notice the hutch was sticky so I polished that; that made the rest of the furniture in the dining room look "unpolished" so I did that; made the other glass things look dull so washed them. Three hours later I was too pooped to quilt my runner!!! Moral of this story: when in doubt, cover everything. But at least my dining room is clean LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Jan that's hilarious and the story of my life. On labor day, I cleaned up my quilting stuff and reorganized some of my stash and ufos, and wouldn't you know, that got me excited about a runner and placemat set I'd been working on for my mom. Supposed to be done in time for her birthday (August 29th), but just didn't have the desire to even look at it, let alone finish it. Now that I'm caught up, and almost ahead in the 30s FW, I have been working on this project. All are done, just need to finish the second border (which is cut), and they will be ready for basting.
    Jenny B

Blog Entries
    LOL..but the satisfaction of a clean dining room...priceless

My sewing space was nice and tidy...pulled out a project from 2" Christmas squares. Need 36 checkerboard blocks with sashing to make a sofa quilt for the Holidays..started thinking about the patriotic scraps I have so dug into them while I started trimming small scraps into usable sizes...no longer neat and tidy, but did get the ironing board cleaned off to iron the backing for the big mini quilt...took it to LQS for quilting this morning.

A nice squishy was in the mail box...thanks Nina Sue..a perfect selection for this farm wife...now what to make with it...something special for sureName:  774_happy_homestead1_kindlephoto-2745618.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  51.8 KB. Thank you again..

I do have a cow pitcher collection...just took this
    Last edited by oksewglad; 09-10-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Where is the update on the finger size strip quilt? :-) Is it growing?

Blog Entries
    Yes by bits n pieces...as I've been trimming I've created more pieces....Lol
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

You are very welcome, OksewGlad...that fabric just yelled out your name in the LQS. Good luck working in your LQS; if I ever needed help on a quilt and lived in the area, I would go in to you for help!

Honchey, I hope you got your package also!

First full day of family here; the kids got so much done. They unloaded the travel trailer by one today. We washed all the bedding and dishes and pans after that. DD and I fixed supper this evening. We are all so tired, its an early night here. So much to do tomorrow...that will wait until tomorrow. A million laughs with DGS and Mega the cat going up and down the hallway. Good night all.

Blog Entries
    For the newbies...this is the big mini quilt I took to LQS today. 9P blocks finish 1 1/2"...back to Time to Commit...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    You are very welcome, OksewGlad...that fabric just yelled out your name in the LQS. Good luck working in your LQS; if I ever needed help on a quilt and lived in the area, I would go in to you for help!

Honchey, I hope you got your package also!

First full day of family here; the kids got so much done. They unloaded the travel trailer by one today. We washed all the bedding and dishes and pans after that. DD and I fixed supper this evening. We are all so tired, its an early night here. So much to do tomorrow...that will wait until tomorrow. A million laughs with DGS and Mega the cat going up and down the hallway. Good night all.
    You should sleep well....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK, love your 9 patch quilt. It is awesome. Love the red.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

What is the name of your 9Patch? It looks like Pixel Patch to me. :-) ...Tiny pixels.

I love surprises....it hasn't arrived yet Nina.. You Know I'm still in NC don't you?

I have some photos of the shop I visited on Tuesday, purchased some Kaffe Fasset fabric...I would love to do the floral applique quilt..it is machine appliqued..It's creator is Kim McClean and the pattern is on one sheet of paper !!!

The little on point top with the little 4 patch posies is for some young teenager who literally owns nothing..I hope she loves it to death..I have a twin to this one in the works..

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure of a name...I was inspired by an antique quilt...I'm thinking the 9P's were 2 1/4" made with 1 1/4" pieces...my internet is slow tonight...I'll try later to share the antique quilt..

Like I said slow internet...can only see your cute thread catcher, Honchey...will catch them tomorrow...
    Last edited by oksewglad; 09-10-2015 at 07:01 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Here are 2 picts of my Mini Irish Chain.
    Name:  mini Irish Chain #1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  45.1 KB
    This first one is the"kit" I made for myself.
    Name:  mini Irish Chain #2.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  60.2 KB
    Here it is.
    It is hanging on a room divider, it really is square. Hmmmm It is a bit blurry. Sorry.
    Bev

Oh, the quilt behind it is the Jelly Roll race quilt I did for the class.
    Bev

Love that Irish Chain Bev! How did you like teaching the Jelly Roll Race Quilt Class? Were all your students successful in finishing their quilts???
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Bev, Your Irish Chain is so cute..How big is it or should I say "how little" being it's a mini?

Honchey, I love Kaffe and I had bought me a stash in July sale at my LSQ, even tho I continue to say, I don't buy fabric lol.....but I just had to have a Kaffe collection and at 40% off, I had to do it lol....love that applique quilt and if it's machine sewed all the better, it's beautiful.....that teenager will surely love that quilt.

NS, I am so glad you had a good day with the family. It is so good to have help when you need it.

Ok, your quilt is beautiful, you must really like those small pieces lol.

Lovely Irish Chain, Dublb.

According to DD at breakfast table I am 'hoarder' of mass proportions. I told her I would live ;happy' while still alive...and if I prized my things, they would remain 'my things'! She could not understand why I got mad over it...guess she has a lot to learn yet. Her DF has massive amount of garden tools and I have my quilting fabrics and tools.

I am allowing her to do all the breakfast dish washing by herself! Oh, I am a bad Mom.

Honchey, your package has been delivered today....I hope it finally made it on the second try....this time to NC.

I don't think I am a hoarder even tho I have massive amount of fabric, doll supplies and painting supplies. These are the things that I enjoy and make me happy. all the rooms and hallways in my house are clear of crafts. you wouldn't know I do so many things. I have seen hoarding where you can't even't get to the bed lol....or the bathroom lol. Periodically, I go through drawers and my supplies and if I am not using it, I donate it. I have donated all my clay things as I lost interest, ovens clay tools etc. Then lace and spools of ribbon and things pertaining to dolls and just keep what I will definitely use. I do this also with my clothing. I don't keep stuff that doesn't fit anymore, except one outfit with the tag still on it. I will fit into that by next year ahhahahahahhahah

Page 470 of 542 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 469 470 471 480 520 ... LastLast