Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 460 of 542 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 459 460 461 470 510 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sounds like everyone is having a busy summer. I just finished this wall hanging for a former co-worker's son who's getting married this month. I don't know if the future bride will like it but I know the groom will. It's paperpieced, similar to the one I use as a door decoration during football season. Name:  Paul's Wreath.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  687.8 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Love that center, JanRn. It makes me want to yell, "Go Steelers!"

Now to figure out how to photo my Pony Club quilt top that is done.

OOOh Jan, great quilt.. love the free motion..looks like you're liking that machine of yours.. how big is the center wreath..neat idea of the fabric in the bow....

Question on #4 Ann..how did you lay the seams on the tiny corners?

Great quilt Jan! I know that young man will love it!

QNS - congrats on finishing up the Pony Club Quilt. I still have the 2nd quilt with the non pony fabrics to put together, just found it in a project box!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Had no problem with any block up through number five, paper piecing each one on Farmers Wife 1930. But I owe Honchey an apology because I did not grab the packet to amil it to her. I will do that on Wednesay, and she should get it by Saturday.

HELP, I posted in the pictures. My PC quilt for a Day Bed grew in size to 100 inches down and 108 inches across...could I trim back a row of cowboys on the fence and gain that loss of four and one half inches??
    Name:  1-DSCN0181.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  172.2 KB Name:  1-DSCN0182.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  145.8 KBThanks for your opinions that I value highly.

Oh Jan I just love your Steelers quilt!
    Sue! I love your PC quilt! I have to get mine out & get it done! The only problem I see w/your size is: will you be able to get long enough batting for it? If not go ahead & take a row of cowboys foo of the top & bottom. Other wise I like 'em & would want to leave 'em.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I love your PC quilt, QNS but I would take a row of cowboys off. They really add a lot to the finished quilt--it's perfect border fabric but I think there are too many of them. (Can one have too many cowboys LOL???) I forgot how much I like the PC quilt. Great job QNS.

Anne, in block #4 I pressed the seams open in those tiny corners. One of mine needs redone--the point is into the seam allowance and will get cut off.

Memories, sweet memories....Love your quilt QNS and I agree with taking off the extra border..Just too many cowboys...Love the print tho !

Oh my, QNS, your Pony Club Quilt is awesome. I love the sashing you did, looks so mannish (is that a word)!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Guess I am wrong again. Nan moved my quilt from pictures to main and everyone seems to think I should remove the cowboys and insert a yellow/brown border first...maybe just put the distracting cowboys in the corners only. Need to sleep on that. It highlighted the western theme to me....to have the cowboys on the border. It is for our DGS, so wanted it to look 'mannish'. Thanks for all you input and encouragement.

Jan...what a fun gift!

QNS...Your blocks look great. The cowboys are fun, but I think a little too busy. Can't wait to see what you you come up with.

Few ideas are bouncing around in my head, so leaving it hang in the hallway, and proceed on other WIP to finish as soon as I can. A small braid of yellow/gold with brown border then a single row of cowboys might work...or straight pieces of two and one half inches of the gold/yellow piece then same of brown and then cowboys but that would not reduce the size of the total inches each way on the quilt. Onward with other WIPs.

finally got the tomatoes canned for today...15 quart and 5 pints. Island sinks are full of more tomatoes to do. So happy I found a source for the tomatoes....in a couple or three weeks, I will have canned all we need for this winter. . Have enough meat canned now. But the grapes, apples and pears and pumpkins will be coming on.

Glad you're having success with your gardening & canning, QNS. Alas, my feeble attempt with 2 pepper plants only succeeded in making the bunnies happy. They got both of them. Thank goodness we have a weekly Farmers Market I can get to.

Alas, JanRN, the tomatoes came from the C. Greenhouse; I have arranged to pick up more tomatoes next week and the following week to can. Beautiful fruit, or rather vegetable from them. I did receive your packet today and you did surprise me...love it. I did receive all those batiks free from a friend and it was wonderful to share them with quilting friends.

Honchey, I do hope you received your packet today. Best wishes to a generous person who works with Wounded Warriors and Quilts of Valor. I do admire those who do honor our service men and women.

Something is definitely wrong here...I have posted several messages here and they have disappeared!!!

I don't want anyone to think I haven't been here...

Blog Entries
    Jan. Nice door banner especially if you are a Steelers fan.

QNS..almost a finish...yeah...although the fence fabric fits the theme so well, the width of it seems to overpower all the intricate and thoughtful piecework you have put into the blocks. No chance you got enough for the backing?

Kinda quiet here..you all must be working on the new quilt along...so fun to follow it.

DS#2 left yesterday..4 yo did not want to change out of "farm clothes" to get ready to leave...he cried yelling, "but I want to stay here forever...." talk about tugging at every ones heart strings...just got a call saying they have arrived back in NC

Thought I was going to have some down time but see something on the calendar every day for the next 4 days. Pulled weeds in the flowers this morning...have tomatoes to pick and make into juice...plan to work on weeds as well, but right now going to the sewing room and play in my scraps....have a good night...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK--I know what you mean about something on the calendar every day! That is what last week turned into for me. Then add to that a flat tire while in town making one trip take even longer. This week doesn't look *too* busy right now any ways. I have today home so was able to get 2 more blocks done for the new quilt along...I have blocks 1-8 done so far. My goal is to cut fabrics for 4 blocks and then sew 2 so that eventually I will just get to sew. Time to work on cutting now....

Hope all are having a nice weekend!!

I had a crazy week too. I wanted to go to Brady but w/a sick cat (who is doing great) & DDIL having some medical troubles (DDIL is much better too) we weren't able to go. I am also dealing w/trouble from some bug bites. I think we will be able to head out on Wed AM. We have so much to do while we wait for the couple that want to buy our house to sell theirs.
    This waiting around in limbo is for the birds!
    Bev

Bev - It is so hard to wait on anything! You must be impatient like me.

Hi Everyone, I am very tired this morning..I was up until 3 a.m. looking at homes on the internet..some look very nice but it's so hard to tell the actual dimensions..looks like I'll be spending some time in De with Dsis when I get back from NC... I've been thinking about it for awhile now and it seems I'm beginning to resigning myself to it.. DH would be very happy to sell this ole house...

Have a good one all..H.

In the old days, where we hung our hats was home sweet home. Now its more remodel or move into newer homes with fewer problems...or so we would like to think. Its all location, location and location. We built our home to live in as long as we can manage the property and home...all one floor...no stairs and handicap bathrooms..we are always growing older and not younger, that is for sure.

Good luck with your two homes, Dublb, and getting your one house sold soon. DD and SIL are taking their time in coming after the travel trailer...she mentioned next year to her Dad, and he want it gone this year. Time will tell.

Finishing the two Pinwheels on point, one is lacking the last border around it, the other is all cut out, just putting it together, laying the pinwheels on, marking the back side of them and sewing them on and cutting the small triangle off for the borders. Have the backing for both of them.

Not picking up more tomatoes until Tuesday. Hope I can see better tomorrow than today...some days I can, some days not so good...but thankful for what I do have with my eye. Take care.

Nina, you need to clear your PM messages..You are full

Sue; I am looking forward to seeing your pinwheel quilts! I bet they are real purdy. I worked on a hot pad today.
    Bev

Page 460 of 542 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 459 460 461 470 510 ... LastLast