Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a grand tour for CarrieM and QNSue!!
Lovely picture ... whom is the third person?
Agree 300 miles must have been a whirlwind tour ... bet you were ready for a good sleep CarrieM after all that driving, including torrential downpours.

What we have not heard ........... what did you all buy?

Here's a summer-long Shop Hop in which most all of us can participate
... only 1250 stores!!!
(sorry Anael and MiraB ... you will have to do it vicariously with us!)

http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/
It looks very interesting ... at each stop, you get a pattern for a row of blocks.

How be we all gather our row patterns ... and share them with each other??
So everyone .... start Hopping on July 1st!!!!!!
And let's have some fun in the sun!!!!!!

Along with that, in Ontario we have the July Shop Hop ... many of the shops are in both.
A new feature this year, at each stop we are to receive a kit and pattern for one block, free. Each shop has made a quilt of their own design from the blocks, so we will see 13 versions!! Will be interesting to see the different interpretations.

I'm hoping to get to all shops .... the more local ones I will catch, as it works with my schedule. The ones at a distance I will make it into a bit of a holiday, as I have in the past!

JanRN ... remember work pays for FARTs! that should keep you going!

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-27-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 AM

Third person, QuiltE, is my quilting buddy who drive the three hundred miles on the circle from here, around and back home again. .. that I have mentioned several times in my postings. . .she loves to drive...and I am available when when her dh and friends are not...ready to travel.

It's summertime, time to step away from sewing every day...how many are doing the pp from QOTS newsletter....a quick monthly thing to do...
Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 AM

QE--I had the easy day. I just drove to Connie's in Marion and took the others to lunch...then back to their car and home again. I did a little shopping for another quilting board member and will taking that package to the post office tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:35 AM

Correction on the mileage, it was 428 miles...it was the good driver and good company that made it seem shorter...but the nine shops was all we had time for before closing time at four or five on the last of the shops we hoped to visit. Gives us a place to start next year. No hopes of visiting all 94 stores in one month, however, although some people do plan and visit every shop.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 AM

Ohhhh, fun trip QNS, wish I could have joined you!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:05 AM

There are a few shops in my areas that I can visit to get the "row by row"patterns.. Good idea QuiltE!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:06 AM

Sounds like a great day carriem and QNS. Would love to see a photo of your hauls.

QuiltE - Row by row sounds like an interesting shop hop. And I'm surprised the local hop is giving out their block kits for free. Fabulous. The last hop put on here had people running in, buying a kit, and running out. My friend and I went to every store, but we checked out what each store had to offer. A few stores hadn't been on the radar before but were afterwards.

And in my bursting at the seam news:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480614[/ATTACH]
When the owner told me Canada D'Eh was in the front window I didn't realize how prominent it would be. She also told me there is quite a large event planned for July 1 so people would see my quilt. They even gave me credit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]480615[/ATTACH]
Here is the store front. The quilt in the other window is the store's version of the pattern I used for Canada D'Eh. They stuck a lot closer to the pattern than I did.
Attached Thumbnails pict0635.jpg   pict0639.jpg  
Old 06-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Love the display, w4me; so fitting as we approach our fourth of July...I love to see love of country and country colors displayed.

Not much to show for all those miles...three one yard pieces of red was ll that I bought. ...quilter 65 matched some fabric she was looking for...and we had our passports stamped at each shop....met with Carrie...and had a late lunch with her and ran out of time on the working quilting store day to see any more. It was as near perfect day as life can get as far as I am concerned. Purpose was to see a variety of quilt stores which we did...and more since we got to met Carrie, see alot of country and have good conversation and a good trip.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:50 PM

Beautiful smiling faces to greet my day with, how wonderful, sounds like you had a lot of fun..

Yes Quilte I will have to live vicariously through all of you with your shop hops and row by row patterns, I am so jelaous, stamping feet on floor jealous But I do like your idea of sharing the patterns. Maybe that could be our next project together.. Oh no I just did not say that, gotta finish the cupboard full of ufo's first

I have started putting my 50 stars together, so here are the first 4 rows, not the best picture but it is too large to the design wall.
Have a great day everyone, I have a date with Sylvia today
Attached Thumbnails first-4-rows.jpg  
Old 06-27-2014, 04:32 PM

Mirabelle, that is an all star quilt for sure; love your slashing... yellow stars. So bright.

Quilting on the Square has foundation paper piecing pattern in its newsletter that would be nice for all of us to do and use up our scraps...it comes in the newsletter for free delivered to our computers. Just a thought....for all of us. No limit on where we live with it...