Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 AM

We haven't had panic buying here in a long time! Stay safe mirabelle!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:51 AM

So glad Mirabelle that you are on high ground; rising water is a real threat of Mother Nature.

Someone dimmed the light last night; reminding me to get the bookwork in order for dh to take it over. I can still see to do normal things, thank goodness, although I would prefer the dimming to stop now...that may not be the case. So hoping for the best, and getting myself ready for the worse. What will be, will be. Enjoy the day for me, quilt and enjoy for me...follow your dreams.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 AM

So sorry it's happening so fast QNS. I read your post in the Sylvia thread. I will email the new assignments to you, I hope there's still time to finish what you want to do. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Somehow, I got logged out and could not sign back in; ask for help asap, but it did not happen. Finally found the password in last year's date book.

Shopped today for Easter, dozen times challenged by loss of sight, but managed to get by. Life brings so many things into focus, and how blessed we are...I can still see enough to get by and hope to still quilt. Will see...one step at at time. Going to celebrate Easter with our DGS and DD and DSI ...and enjoy every moment. May you all do likewise.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:41 AM

It's been a busy running week! This is the first day I can stay home! It's fun to have things to do but I've missed my quilting time. Yesterday I stopped by the quilt shop and my QB is doing PP and not enjoying it at all. It was only after I was on the way home that I realized how hard she was making it for herself. She has agreed to let me try my way to see if it works on her loon. While I was there, I went to the back room where overnight guests sew to see a lady's quilt top when someone tapped me on the shoulder just to make sure I was who she thought I was and WOW....it was a friend I haven't seen for probably 15 years. She had moved away from Lake Geneva, WI where we attended the same church down to central Indiana. But yesterday she was at MY LQS with her guild in a two day retreat! You can only imagine my surprise. Weather is finally feeling like spring....you know that soft, warm yet cool feel to the air. Beautiful time of the year. My machine beckons. Have a good day all.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

How serendipitous to have an old friend tap yo on the shoulder, GGal. I'm sure you had a warm fuzzy feeling all day long.
It's been a busy week again--Quilt guild on Monday. I finished the chest of drawers and DH helped me carry it down to the sewing area. Looks really nice. Like I said I put the ironing board on top. One of the small drawers I put my ironing supplies--tailors ham, sleeve roll, etc. Other small drawer has little pieces from a current mini I'm working on. I had 4 baskets from a shelf system that was replaced by my new kitchen cupboards last fall that fit perfectly in the large drawer shelf space. Perfect for a current project, my 2 1/2 and 2 inch cuts, my patriotic strips and some 1 1/2' cuts. So nice to have a spot for these. Will try to get photos next week.
Gotta dash, picking up 5 yo for preschool this morning, but getting groceries first. DD and family come this afternoon. Saturday dinner for 13, Sunday dinner 22. Lots to do.
Have a blessed Easter everyone.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Just checking in on everyone and wishing all a Happy Easter. Nice Spring weather here after snow on Tuesday. Hopefully that was the last of it for this year.

I've been working hard trying to finish SYE. GGal, it is not going well. I could not get those triangle points to match up no matter what I did, even sewing them by hand! I'm going to call this one "Pointless" LOL. I'm walking away from it for right now (maybe some Gremlins will go in and fix it?) and taking my very dirty car to the car wash.

Enjoy your holiday, take time to do something you love.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Dr. said I could drive locally, so after dh forgot the chicken feed yesterday, I drove to my hometown for that and back home....not something I want to do everyday. I stayed under fifty miles per hour and did a lot of praying.

GG, so happy that friend tapped you on the shoulder and you got to visit a bit. OK, that family meal on Saturday and Sunday sounds so great to celebrate with so many family and friends.

JanRN, I hope its a nice spring day weekend for you. Yes, everyone should follow their dreams, and have some fun in their day.

The steroids seem to help the eye during the day...so I am 'forging' ahead on helping dh like I have for forty eight years. He depends upon me so much. And doing a bit of quilting...slow going.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

ooooooooh JanRN has a new sparkly car for Easter!

All the Easter talk, got me thinking ... How many of you have Easter memories like this ..........
as a kid, we had a new hat to go to Church for Easter with little white gloves, and our new spring coat. Of course, some years were like this, where we still wore our winter coat. Guess that shows my age, when everyone wore hats to Church and we had our Sunday Clothes!

GGal ... oh what fun to re-connect with a friend from the past! What a surprise for both of you. I'm sure you wanted to sit down and spend time with her to catch up on all those years. Hope you found that me-time at your sewing machine. You deserve it, after all that running around this week!

OKSGlad ... nice to see that your chest is not just done, but in place and loaded all up. And now, the multitudes start arriving for Easter on the Farm! Oh what FUN!!!!! Do you do an outdoor Easter egg hunt for the Grands?

QNSue ... bet you have all sorts of Easter surprises ready for DGS all weekend!

I'm looking forward to Easter weekend ......... no where to go or folks to have. It's been a busy hectic couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to some serious me time, which means some sewing! Tonight I am watching an online auction and bidding for a friend on a couple of items, and maybe some for me too. If I have any luck, pick up will be Saturday morning.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
All the Easter talk, got me thinking ... How many of you have Easter memories like this ..........
as a kid, we had a new hat to go to Church for Easter with little white gloves, and our new spring coat. Of course, some years were like this, where we still wore our winter coat. Guess that shows my age, when everyone wore hats to Church and we had our Sunday Clothes!
Oh yes, this brings back memories of our Easters also. I was always so disappointed if we had to wear a coat because it was too cold to show off your new dress. We did not get too many new clothes back then, only for school, Christmas and Easter, and mom made many of those things! I think we also got a new pair of "white" summer shoes, or sandals.