Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 461 of 542 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 460 461 462 471 511 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Working on tomatoes today. Could have worked on the Pinwheel on point more yesterday, but was too tired from staying up on Sunday evening...to watch a TV program. I started on it and turned it off and went to bed. late for me.

Everyone take care. Have a good day.

I have peach/raspberry crisp in the oven. Getting ready for day 2 of school...

I want some!!! send some my way!!!!

Bob & I are now waiting another week before our departure for NC... Dson has his youngest for a week..no summer camp so we want to help out during the day...

Just checking in. Things in JanRnland are in chaos. Trying to get ready for major bathroom redo. It's the main bathroom in the house, just have a powder room and shower in basement (my house is really old). Have a tentative start date and have started moving some things out but other things have to wait until the last minute. Also have to pack up all my fabric into storage boxes because MrJan has to repair the ceiling in my sewing room after a small roof leak last winter. Again trying to wait until the last minute so I can sew in the meantime. I have 2 projects ready to quilt on the Sweet16, which is downstairs but I'm saving those to do while I can't work upstairs. Do I sound manic LOL? I cannot deal with clutter or things out of place--get major anxiety attacks and right now it looks like a tornado went thru here. Maybe I'll just go shopping!!!

Hope everyone is well; I haven't posted much lately but have been following all of yinz.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Shopping is a good idea Jan

Blog Entries
    I hope to take pics of my minis in progress...dare I call the MIP's....some are so so....
    Took my brother to Ortho MD this a.m.....xrays look good and no return visits. I'm bushed as MD was 90 minutes from here, and then home...going to go play in fabrics....have a good one...thanks for the dessert Carrie...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Who would pay Hoffman for digital printed fabric, cityscapes....repeats after 5/8 yard....at $14.95 per yard? Creekside in Clive, Iowa, has a bolt of it...

Carrie, the dessert sounds good.

JanRN, I hope your remodel goes smooth and double quick....I do not like to have things torn apart, and that feeling of ....Where, o where is it?

Honchey, received your message on QB messages which quoted what I said, but no word in it from you....is that what you meant to send?????

No tomatoes done today after we picked them up...had more running errands to do, so first thing tomorrow, I start on the tomatoes. Will pick up more on Thursday....the last batch to do.

Looking forward to seeing your MIPs OK. Question: when doing Flying Geese, how do you keep them in a straight line unless you paper piece them? I needed 10 in a row; the first 3 lined up fine but after that they kept turning until they looked drunk. Is it pinning or stitching I'm doing wrong?

To add to my whine from my above post: we also ripped out all the carpeting in the house. There are hardwood floors but we've had pets and the owners before us had pets. The floors are terrible but I have to live with them until spring. Covered the worst spots with area rugs (that don't match LOL). I need a Xanax.

Nina, sent you a PM... there was a problem with QB earlier and they had to fix it..I couldn't get back on...

Jan, are you trimming them to the correct size ?.. Are you pressing them ?... Maybe they're turning because of bias? Maybe you need to alternate which side to sew the triangle to? I don't like flying geese....

Are you going to refinish the floors in the spring???

Well this has been one heck of a day & it ain't over yet! I spent this morning trying to get some things cleaned up so that when we go to Brady they are all done. I usually so a li'le bit each day. LOL Anyway lunch time came real quick. Long before I had finished all the stuff I wanted to get done. After lunch I did a few more things then about 2:00 DH & I started looking for Blue to take her to the Vet. (The reason we were waiting to go to Brady was so we could run this errand.) Well we couldn't find her. We looked in all her usual places, then in her unusual places. Then in places we have never found her. After a bit we started lookin' in places that were impossible. We opened the hall hot water heater/ heater closet. She wasn't there but the hot water was leaking! OK we quit looking for Blue & went to buy a hot water heater. Gosh! Those gas hot water heaters have sure gone up! (We bought one at the old house about 4 years ago & they have doubled in price!)
    Once we were home I started looking for Blue again while DH started dealing w/changing the hot waters out. Well after a bit I found Blue. She was in the bathroom linen closet! It has 3 sliding doors. I guess when we looked there before she just quickly ran to the other side as we opened each door!
    Well once DH got the hot water heater ready to drain I happened ot look in & I noticed that what little water that was in the bottom of the floor wasn't draining out the drain that is in the bottom of that closet. What good is a drain in a hot water closet if it doesn't drain! So I have called Roto Rooter for that drain. It has to be able to drain. In the mean time DH hooked up a water hose to the old water heater & it drain into the yard. I put Blue into the guest playroom 'cause I sure don't need her to get out now!

Eventually DH & #1DSon got the hot water heater changed out & the roto rooter guy came so the drain is working now. We will take the cat to the vet tomorrow. I will finish my stuff tomorrow aslo. It was funny at Home Depot. I was holding the flat cart as DH tried to put the heater on it. I had one foot pushed on the bar for leverage & the other on braced on the cement floor. As Dh tried to put the heater on the cart it moved backwards on me. My back foot was just sliding backward. DH said "Stop moving the cart." I told him it wasn't my fault the heater was stronger than I was. He just started laughing at himself. (Laughter is one of his ways of apologizing!)
    Once we were home I was not looking forward to helping DH install it. I am so glad that #1DSon got off of work before it was drained.
    (I guess we won't head out to Brady till Thurs as we still need to take Blue to the vet tomorrow & I still have stuff to do around here!)
    I wrote a book again. LOL
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I love flying geese. There is a ''English'way of doing it on U tube by Alex Alexander and Ricky Tims. One of the new tutorials on QB division is how to make multiple flying geese at the same time...I seen it on facebook and they copied it on to the tutorial here on QB.

Yes, Honchey, I read your PM and replied back to it.

Dublb, you had quite a day;;may tomorrow be a better one for you. At least, you found the cat and you got the hot water heater all fixed up today.

Seems like Life is that way sometimes. One thing after another...like today...but counting our blessings and remembering the important parts of the day, and its joys and smiles and Mega telling us her side of the stories... She did not want to leave the house when we did twice; she did not want to go to bed...she ran away to the guest bedroom...where DH caught her and put her to bed. LOL!

I have decided to count my blessings.
    If we hadn't been looking for Blue that water heater would have blown & w/the drain plugged up we would have had a big mess!
    I have a wonderful DH that knows how to change out a hot water heater!
    I have 2 wonderful DSon's. One that helped DH & the other one that will get us a hot water heater for Brady.
    I can have a flexible schedule so we can go to Brady on Thurs.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I looked and the new 'discussion' page of the new FW 1930 is closed...so if I post pictures on how I put mine together it has to be with the proper block???? Maybe others would also post their 'putting block together' as well. . . like Rosy and Honchey have? There are many 'right' ways to do it, would it confuse or help others? Looks like we discuss and show our blocks each week on the same posting...

Thank goodness we still have this thread. Off to can tomatoes.

Bev, sorry for all your trouble but keep writing your book--enjoy sharing with you. You made me feel guilty for my whining about what MrJan calls "a temporary inconvenience". We had to replace our water heater last summer and yes, they have doubled. Appliance guy said it's because of all the new safety and environmental requirements.

QNS, I saw that info on making 20 Flying Geese. It went over this senior blonde's head--couldn't grasp what she was saying. I guess I'll just keep pp them. Not sure what I did wrong but if I ever need some that go in a circle I have that figured out!

The icing on the cake of my day yesterday was when I was using hair dye (and yinz thought I was a natural blonde) and I dropped it and it squirted out all over the bathroom floor!!! Thank God we're replacing that white vinyl because nothing got the stain off!!!

Today's another day--IT WILL BE A BETTER DAY!!!!!

Nina, That's how we did it with the other 2 quilt-alongs...We're very lucky to still have this one..

Blog Entries
    Life is our story...so we must keep writing it Bev...and there is a silver lining to every cloud..sometimes we have to look for it..didn't take Jan long to see it with the bathroom floor though.
    The usual going on here.must run to town with the propertyinsurance payment...it's one due date that is out of sync with my payment routine and I'm forever forgetting about it until the last minute...I need to get groceries anyway. May stop at the LQS for a bit of fabric the bind a mini I made from someone else's scraps. I don't have anything here and it's too nice to languish in the WIP pile any longer.. have a food one...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Finished the 21 quarts of tomato juice and picked up more today...the final run on tomato juice. Dh says its too late to start today, so I will be doing them tomorrow morning...while he is on the road again to get a trailer hitch on the old Chrysler Town and Country for his utility trailer. Back to the tire shop today with GMC to fix the front wheel balancing problem from yesterday. Maybe I can lock myself into the QR for the afternoon.....

I stopped at the LQS on my way to the supermarket and browsed the scrap bin.. while in the store I saw a mini quilt of square in a square and thought of you Ok it was framed with a glass insert..looked real nice!
    will take a pic of my mini haul later after dinner..made it easy on myself...Chinese take out!

Blog Entries
    Got my tomatoes done today...let the 14 qts of juice simmer in crackpots overnight..processed it this morning and started on stewed tomatoes...3 scanners of quarts...even though I have blight, they are really beautiful..told MrOK I hated to cut them up for canning...so pretty as slicers...had BLT's for lunch today..tomato/cucumber salad with sliced fresh cheese curds topped with ranch dressing for supper.
    Tomorrow is mow the lawn day, then a quick house cleaning. Saturday we score cows starting at 8:00...Will invite the appraiser for noon meal...how does lasagna sound? We have several young cows that should score well...we hope.

Honchey, I've thought of making a mini square in a square...a red white blue theme sounds good. At the thrift store I found a small lidded box with a frame top perfect for about a 5" mini to inset...for 50 cents I couldn't pass it up...did find a blue to finish off the log cabin I talked about earlier...I walked out with just a 1/4 yd of fabric....this LQS doesn't have a scrap bin so no such luck for me..

Gonna have a cup of iced coffee (decaf), check out the sew along and sew on minis some more...have a good one...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

OK, have you checked out the Bitty Blocks thread yet?? some really nice blocks there..I've made a few of them.

Blog Entries
    Yes Honchey I have been tempted...but refrained. Your little ones are always sew well put togetherMaybe Saturday night I can take pics of my current crop of itty bitty quilts..in for a drink of water then out to mow lawn...already 90* at noon...we could use some rain...watered cukes, peppers, and half of the tomatoes late yesterday afternoon...Will water rest of the tomatoes today. Have a good one...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

The last of 28 quarts of today's tomato canning are being processed. Whew! Even with the Squeezo, and going to town and back, its getting finished up before seven. I have mentally scheduled myself in the QR Saturday afternoon and Sunday, with my fingers crossed. Take care in the hot weather, folks.

OK, do you make bread & butter pickles?? I made them only once, entered them in the county fair and got "honorable mention" . They are a pain in the butt to prepare. Look forward to seeing them..

Blog Entries
    Took time to get photos of the flimsies...started this thread with them as there are 11 little ones...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t268773.html

No Anne, not much of a pickle eater...just like the fresh taste of homegrown cukes.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Ok, you do a perfect job on these little quilts, almost tempt me to try it. Hope your cows scored high last Saturday, OK.

Autumn did not go together very quickly for me; I had the ripper in hand more than the time I was sewing on my machine...I think I got it, and then look again and have to rip out again. So many sew sewing projects that I want want last week....and them don't seem to do them selves very quickly. Some days ut would seem, I am moveing slower than an inch worm. LOL! Take care all.

Page 461 of 542 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 460 461 462 471 511 ... LastLast