Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 511 of 542 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 510 511 512 521 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,775 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

JuneBillie, I love Tennessee, but never have gotten to visit there and traveling is past tense verb for us now. I replied to the PM. Any questions, please ask.

Honchey, its paper piecing with foundation patterns on light fusible cloth, stitching it on the machine, not by hand or on sewing machine like applique.

Not much accomplished today; will try again tomorrow.

Dublb, we have raised Cornish Rock chickens to butcher in about five to eight weeks; but sales here on poultry are cheaper than trying to raise them up to a large chicken to butcher.

Folks, I occasionally email the PC group here, and realized I do not have all the newest members email. If you would like to be included, PM me. It might be a good joke to laugh at or a quilting site found,( for Example: www.smartquilting.com, was the last one) etc. I will try not to offend anyone with what I sent around. Honchey also will send us a good joke to enjoy.

Blog Entries
    QuiltingNinaSue, I sent you my email address in another pm.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

sewbizgirl, your remark, "We raised chickens and meat rabbits for years when our kids were young and I got stay at home and homeschool them. What a great life that was." reminds me of the FW stories. :-) I lived in the country, raised chickens there... homeschooled my sons... I can say the same as you, 'what a great life that was.' I feel blessed to have lived in the country. I like the life there better than city life.

I've had several different breeds of chickens. To my way of thinking, nothing beats the Isa Brown for brown egg production! But have you seen the Black Copper Maran eggs? Here's a picture to show you how lovely they are. I've had some nice blue and olive green eggs from Americaunas, but the Maran eggs sure give a startling surprise with their rich color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very attractive chickens! Never have seen eggs in that rich brown color.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Wow Never have seen that breed before. Beautiful hen and rooster and great eggs! So they have an orange yolk?

They are all girls in the picture. The Black Copper Marans are usually black, but the breeder that I bought her from occasionally has a brown chick, so I opted for brown, as I already have a black hen. The red girl is an Ohio Buckeye, and the other one is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. As I understand it, free range chickens have very dark to orange yolks. It's not a matter of breed that produces that, it's what you feed them. In the summer all my girls have always had orange yolks-- grass, weeds, bugs, etc. produce that. In the winter when they eat a lot of corn, oats, and manufactured feed their yolks are more yellow, but I also give them any table scraps I have, which helps their diet, which in turn helps their eggs.
    Last edited by givio; 04-14-2016 at 08:32 AM.

What pretty birds! Y'all are making me hungry for fresh eggs.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Givio, Love your hens. Did they lay all winter? Ours was missing protein in their commercial feed, so we feed cat food for a week or so, and they started laying again. Ours love my gravy' and they get other kitchen scraps,too.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, I will be dinning at my favorite place in DM, thanks to those generous QBers who kindly sent a little more than a signed Anniversary card. Not expected at all, but I will enjoy every bite tomorrow. Unknown where else we might be tomorrow...but I will enjoy every minute. Thank you...who gave. All should have received their 'thank you' card in the form of a FQ and picture. I am excited!

Enjoy yourself, QNS-you deserve it!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I have temporarily (I hope!) misplaced my Mrs. Anderson block. Oh no... Today I am sewing together a long sleeved shirt for myself (button front, collar, etc.) and as I work it dawned on me it took me longer to make that first PP block than to put together an entire shirt! Crazy how much work those tiny things are.
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html

Blog Entries
    Sewbizgirl they are a lot of work. lol... I love them though. I am still working on Monette, but almost finished. Better late than never. I think I use more thread than I do on something big, but then sewing lots of little pieces would make sense.

Pretty chickens, and yummy looking eggs.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I found Mrs. Anderson! She had fallen beside the dining room table I work on, down into a chair. WHEW. I was getting depressed thinking about having to do that block over. Now on to "Mother"... It looks scary.

I also finished my shirt tonight and yes, it took less time than Mrs. Anderson, LOL!

Off to sew a bit before bed!

Oh talking about all your chickens makes me miss mine too. But it has been about 34 years since I had them! Our chickens started from incubated eggs in one of my son's classrooms. When the chickens hatched, I told the teacher we would take them. My husband built a great hen house and we raised those chickens. They had an outside wired area, but we often let them out to run around the hillsides. We had to shut them up in their house at night because we had coyotes that roamed the area. We had mostly Rhode Island Reds, but there were a few Aracanas too (they lay green shelled eggs). Such fun! They were all named. They liked to be picked up and petted. Those were good times.

We moved back into town, so had to give all the chickens to a neighbor.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QNS, yes they lay in the winter, although not every day. The longer daylight triggers them to lay in the spring and summer, then they lay more. Have fun on your day out!
    SBG, I agree! These little blocks take some time. But, I do feel they are rewarding.

Tomarrow (Friday) my DSis will have her second nose surgery. Thanks all for the prayers. Oops, it is after midnight, soooooo, later this morning we will head to the hospital.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Just to let you know I'm still around...having a hard time keeping up...so will have to catch up later...in three days DS and DDIL will be home...I'm getting pretty good at milking cows again... bummer is I have caught a bad cold and trying to work and be sick at the same time...not working too well...

Later....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Just to let you know I'm still around...having a hard time keeping up...so will have to catch up later...in three days DS and DDIL will be home...I'm getting pretty good at milking cows again... bummer is I have caught a bad cold and trying to work and be sick at the same time...not working too well...

Later....
    Colds seem to linger a lot this year with me too. While traveling in New Mexico last month, both my husband and I developed coughs. We think it may be allergies! There was a lot of windy weather and the dust was bad. Also lots of flowering trees and shrubs in Phoenix when we got back. The Palo Verde trees were starting to bloom, so beautiful, but I guess a lot of people are allergic to them. I hope you feel better soon OK!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ok, the colds seen to hold on in the spring. Hope it feels better soon.

Report back from today: it was wonderful! The lobster was delicious. The PC was taken in for the LAer to do by September. Thenwe stopped at two more quilt stores...the resultsName:  1-DSCN0439.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  26.5 KBName:  1-DSCN0440.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  25.8 KBName:  1-DSCN0441.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  25.5 KBName:  1-DSCN0442.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  19.2 KB I can finish the three quilts almost done, make a new pouch for dh. The Aztec colors are for Texas Lone Star. Yep,the whole day was a lot of fun. Quilter 65 did a great job of driving,as per usual; and did a good job of finding what I was looking for and more.LOL!

Yay for you QNS! Sounds like so much fun!

Very pretty stash enhancement, NinaSue! It's a thrill just to look at it... Thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember to take pics of some of my purchases in Paducah, to share! From the photos I've seen from previous Paducah Quilt Weeks, I will be overwhelmed.

So happy you enjoyed the day! Lobster & Shopping! Can't beat that Nina!

I'm done working for awhile right now..My knee held up but the rest of me was ready to fall down ....Yesterday I was very busy..sold 3 machines and one software!

I plan on having my knee replaced this July. I have several appointments that need to be done before and one trip to NC to happen...

Ladies , have you checked the Blocks of the Month & Week in the Forum lately??? We have so many threads going!!!
    12,770 Pages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a chatty group--but I've learned something every single time I visit here. I'm anxiously awaiting some more finished FSW quilts.

Anne have you had a chance to try out your new Viking? I keep thinking I'd like to upgrade but I wouldn't use the embroidery feature and with the Sweet 16 I don't worry about the harp size of a machine. Maybe I should just clean my machine.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Hi, just dropped in to say hi and play catch up. I think another week and I will be free lol....

Jan, It's covered in the sewing room with fabric all around it...It needs to look like it's been here for ages before I take it out I have sewn on it at work...I love that there are no shadows around anywhere you're sewing...the needle threader is amazing and I can get my whole fist underneath the needle bar & bobbin area...Viking generally comes out with a new "sewing only" machine modeled after their top embroidery/sewing machine a couple of years after.. that would be great for the sewers that don't embroider.. it's 35" long with the emb unit on it....
    I came across several FWS blocks and sewed the side triangles on them..I almost pulled out the rest of the partially put together top.I'm still sorting & rearranging all the stuff I have all over the place..I have too much and getting a big tote to bring down south to give to the group for donated tops... I'm seriously thinking about getting the electric
    accuquilt go...My arm gets sore turning the darn handle...have to wait till the $$$ comes down a bit..

Have to get to Shoprite now..Kids coming over for Dunch tomorrow...Later, H.

DSis's surgery was postponed till today. She had to fast & not drink a thing till 3 yesterday. That was when they finally said that she had been bumped several times & were gonna check her in so that she would be first this AM.
    It started at 8:00 & she was out by 10:30. She is home resting now. There was some dead tissue as she has started smoking again. I am kinda heart broken for her. He says that it won't heal right if she keeps smoking. I am kind heartbroken for her.
    Last edited by dublb; 04-16-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 511 of 542 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 510 511 512 521 ... LastLast