Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 501 of 542 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 500 501 502 511 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Bev - thank heavens that he is alright. I agree with givio, I would add a handrail on the wall. At my age, I always reach for the handrails on stairs I attempt to climb. I'm glad I don't have a 2 story house.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Dublb, I think your DH was very lucky in his fall. Nothing broken is good.

What I have been up too with The house that Jack built and Midnight Path: Name:  1-DSCN0353.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  53.6 KBNeed 18 of the first and 17 of the second one. Off and in the run to finish.

Oh love the colors of this QNS!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Givo & Jeanie, I agree about the handrail. I mentioned it & he said that he would have been hurt worse if there had been one to land against. Grrrrr. He wouldn't have fallen if he had a hand rail to hold onto & stop the fall. Maybe by the time we actually get outta the Midland house & get it sold I will have convinced him that we need a hand rail & some kinda rubber footing on the stairs.
    OH Sue, I love your 3 blocks! They are just lovely!
    I agree we are very lucky! I was so frightened when I saw him sprawled at the bottom of those stairs! I thought he had broken everything!

Last edited by dublb; 02-09-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb--I too am glad your husband is ok all-in-all.

QNS--very pretty blocks. I can't wait to see them all put together!!

No time in my craft room like I hoped, but we got groceries for us and DMIL and I got chili in the crockpot before having to leave to take DD to choir practice. I did get a couple hexies sewn on while there. Tomorrow DMIL has 2 appts so I should have plenty of time for hand sewing....

Blog Entries
    Ouch, dublb..and be careful you are not next...

Oh my..a wake up call this morning...literally...my computer is under cyber attack..I didn't stay on the line for details...and didn't go back to sleep..grr..I like my sleep, especially on days when I don't have to be somewhere. Usually watch my caller ID....

QBuddy and I are sewing today...a fun time always...got to get my stuff together. Want to get the meat from the locker and into my clean freezer.

Always enjoy your FWS 30 blocks...I don't always comment, but I'm still watching you...

Sounds like I've set my self up for a busy day...off I go...have a good one....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hello, hello....I am not doing anything hahahahhaha....no sew, no quilt, no art, no nothing lol....it's cold and I am just knitting at night on John's socks.....hope everyone is well....

Blog Entries
    Good to hear from you Rosy...there you are in balmy FL, sitting in a rocker quietly knitting....I can picture it....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Good to hear from you Rosy...there you are in balmy FL, sitting in a rocker quietly knitting....I can picture it....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hey Rosy! Good to see ya!
    OK I hate those calls! Some times DH will mess w/'em. He will say that he doesn't have a PC. Then he will say that he doesn't have a Mac. Then he will say that he just doesn't have a computer. LOL We probably 5 or 6 computers. We only use 3 of 'em regularly. The 3 we use all the time are Mac Book Pro's.
    Bev

Brr-winter has finally hit western PA. It's 12* with a minus 20* windchill. On days like this I don't miss getting up at 5:30am, dressing for work, scraping my car and sliding down one hill and up another to get to work. I'm so happy to be retired!

Getting lots of sewing done, working on the 4" pp minis from Quilting on the Square. I love these monthly blocks--they're so cute. Have Pasta Fagioli in crockpot, bread baking in bread machine----mmm my house smells so good.

Looks like lots of you are working on projects. Carrie, that table topper turned out cute--I've used some of my 50 star blocks for runners & toppers. QNS love the colors in your latest project. Everyone else just want to say "hi", haven't been here for awhile and just got caught up. Have a great day ladies and keep on sewin'.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Keep warm JanRn.

The House that Jack built and Midnight Path is growing:Name:  1-DSCN0357.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  87.1 KBDh says its too dark for him.

And our 'little' kitten has grown a bit: Name:  1-DSCN0360.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  66.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Nice progress, QNS....Mega looks like several of our outdoor cats....

This week I sewed a checkerboard game quilt with tokens as well as a 17 pair match game using kiddie prints...managed to get a picture before it was sent off to NC for a school fundraiser...yesterday QBuddies got together to sew...fun day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Sue! That is lovely! I am so looking forward to seeing who it comes out!
    Bev

We are not going to Brady. DH is just way too bruised!
    Bev

Poor guy Bev! Sure hope he feels better soon.

Such a pretty kitty, QNS! Looks like he loves you!

I may rip out the whole start pictured above. That was door number one.

Door number two: Name:  1-DSCN0365.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  122.3 KB this one is set right to see the 'pattern' of the quilt. I love the effect of lights and dark here better. What do you think? If it is worth doing, its worth doing right.

Blog Entries
    Lovely color combinations, QNS....

I worked til 3:00 today.. locked the door at 5:30...needless to say I'm tired...no lunch and on my feet all day...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Gosh really long day OK! I'd be very tired too.

QNS - I like both layouts!

Sue, I really like the second lay out.
    I worked on my 10 min blocks today. I am almost done w/the blocks. I also went to one of DGNephew's b-day party. He is 3. He was so cute.
    I don't feel well tonight. I think I am gonna head to bed in a bit.
    Bev

Must be my monitor-- the colors look very different in the two pictures.

I worked on a DQ today. I am so pleased w/it.
    Bev

They are two different colors in the blocks...one is Rosy with green; the other is purple and green. The Purple and green blocks are called Door number one; the rose and green is door number two. Block pattern is the same, but I like the second one the best. Will rip out the blocks behind door one and try again to 'show' different color arrangemt to show case the pattern more.

The lost is found, the FW 1930 was exactly where I put it. Will try ot work on it tomorrow.

Everyone take care to be safe and warm. Thanks to those who responded to my email. The help was appreciated.

My classes didn't make. The 2 I was gonna teach tis week at my LQS. We are gonna try next month. I do have all the blocks done. They did ask me to make another one as an example of the glue & how it washes off. We are also gonna try to do the classes as night classes. W/DH home all the time I don't have to spent the evenings w/him. OK I really didn't have to, but I did like to.
    Since the classes didn't make DH & I are going to Brady tomarrow. I have packed 4 things to sew on in the evenings while we watch TV. I do love how we have the table set up so I can pull out a sewing machine & sew while we watch TV. Mike is gonna be very surprised when I get a sewing room, as I will still sew in the evening at that table. Now tomarrow we still need to pack the things we are taking there w/us. I haven't packed my toiletries yet either. Just the important (sewing) stuff.
    Bev

NS, you are really going to town. I hope my sew mode comes back soon. I am looking at a 3-d football in patchwork that I got from Jinny B when I joined her newsletter a week ago. it is adorable. I would like to make a girly one and a boy one lol.......

Page 501 of 542 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 500 501 502 511 ... LastLast