Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 499 of 542 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 498 499 500 509 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,475 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Today was so busy! I finished painting the li'le nook in the bedroom. Did a ton of laundry. Packed all my jewelry, mascara, & lipstick. (That is all the make up I wear.) They are in my DMIL's vanity. We are gonna take the vanity to Brady tomarrow along w/some other things.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Thinking of you care givers as you chauffeur your loved ones around. Another person to help carry the uncertainty is most welcome...
    Yesterday after my appointment I stopped at MrOK's aunt's home...she is one of my wise women...women to show me the path through this journey called life...I had made tomato soup before I left home...we enjoyed it...MrOK is not crazy about it and she loves it...we are doing a Bible study session again this year.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

DMIL spot was not cancerous but they still want to remove it as the cells it is made up of can turn into cancerous cells. We see the surgeon next week and surgery will probably be scheduled in a week to 10 days later. I am glad I can be available to get her to appts. It has gotten harder in the last year with the kids involved in more and me working, but we do our best. Thankfully DS has his license now so can help with the driving some...like this afternoon he and DD went to get groceries and meds for Grandma.
    Last edited by carriem; 01-29-2016 at 06:30 PM.

OH! That's wonderful news Carrie!
    It is so good when our DKids help us be caregivers!
    Bev

Yesterday dh aged another year...one out of three children called him and wished him a Happy Birthday. Our favorite neighbor came by about one in the afternoon and stayed to have supper with us to celebrate his special day.

She was kind enough to load up the plastic bags of scraps into her car,too, so my house is looking much better now. Repair guy comes back today and finishes the garage door repair. DS has 'taken' charge of getting two out of three children back in March for our anniversary party. BF Ronda is coming in early to help set up for the open house. Trying to keep everything simple.... trying to keep things simple. DS will have his MIL with him, so they will stay at a motel close by, and DD and family will take the guest room.

Shop Hop coming up next Wednesday. One shop has been sold, and is holding a good sale there.,. I 'might' need more fabric to replace what I have given away! LOL!

We are in Brady again. I sewed tonight. (Nope, last night. It is way after midnight!) I worked on my 10 minute block sampler. I have 8 of the 12 blocks done. I do plan on getting another one done tonight. We are gonna be busy for quit a while latter today unpacking & rearranging. I am gonna head to bed on a few.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    FYI...minis raised $340 for the school..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Wow, OK, that is awesome. Glad people appreciate the time, talent and energy that goes into making quilted items. Good job, I'm sure the school appreciates all you do!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

That's great OK! They are so cute, & I am glad that they are such a blessing. You did good girl!
    DH & I are in Brady again. We did some more rearranging of some of the furniture, unpacked some boxes (but not as many as we brought) & I reupholstered the seat of my vanity. We have to go back tomorrow as I have an appointment to put my Sequoia in the shop first thing Tues AM. I have to get the door handle fixed so I do'nt have to roll the window down to get outta the truck. While it is there we are gonna get it inspected & have the oil changed.
    Bev

Here is what I worked on a bit this afternoon. I decided I needed a hand-sewing project to take to doctor's offices. Surprise, surprise KT fabrics (scraps from my PC quilt). I've never done EPP before so this is something new. I figure I will prep a bunch of hexies and sew them 2 dark and 1 light.

OK--that is really great the minis made so much!! I bet people look forward to what you will come up with each time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carriem; 01-31-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    FYI...minis raised $340 for the school..
    How awesome is that! Well worth you time to do these for the school OK!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Thanks, friends...A great start, Carrie...this is going to look great....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

carriem, What lovely fabrics for your hexies! What does KT stand for? When one is at the start of a hexie project, it's so fun to decide what pattern to make with them. Did you color a hexie diagram page to see what your '2 dark, 1 light' pattern will look like? Did you show a picture of your finished FW PC quilt? I don't remember seeing it.

Carrie, That is gonna be real purdy. I have a GFG that I am making EPP. I too use it in the Dr offices & when traveling.
    Name:  GFG blocks.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  42.0 KB
    Bev

givio--KT stands for Kansas Troubles by Moda. They are what my husband calls "Carrie colors"...I used to sew my own clothing and those are the shades I would lean to in buying fabrics. My quilting have expanded my fabric choices/colors a lot, but they are still the shades I go back to.

I din't color a diagram, just got fabrics put on the hexie papers and laid them out on my table...I thought that looked alright, so will go a while and see how it looks.

I made 2 PC quilts from my blocks. They don't use all KT fabrics but mostly. We live in a "cabin" in the woods so have lots of windows and woodwork in the house. There is a bed in the living room and these colors just fit in perfect.

dublb--Are you doing all of your flowers in solid fabrics?? How many do you have done so far?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie, looking forward to see your progress with the KT here. I have seen some beautiful work done with that method.

RAIN, rain and more rain today. Yesterday at 12:30, the fog just disappeared as if by magic. Weir.. never saw anything like that before.

More progress on teh Pandora's box today...I hope. Have a great day everyone.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for resharing your lovely quilts, Carrie.

Snowflakes are falling here...originally to have +12"...now decreased to 5-9", but wind is already blowing..schools are cancelled..fixed big pot of stew for the crew today...now to clean off the table for the 9 of us..

The phone should be quiet...heard a big whoosh as the political hot air blew (flew) back East this morning. Political ads will disappear until election season and we become a fly over state once again...just saying..

Have a good one..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carrie, Your quilts are gorgeous. I tend to use those colors as well.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

My Hexie's are just those red & blue. I got a box full of red, blue & tan squares several years ago. The fabric is sateen cotton. I was at a private estate sale. When the lady saw me buying sewing stuff she asked me if I was a quilter & I said yes. She went inside & brought me a box full of these squares. I decided right then & there they would be my GFG. I did go & buy some green sateen fabric to go w/it as leaf units. I have about 30 flowers sewn together. This is my loooooong term project. I only work on it in the truck or at Dr offices & in emergency rooms. It takes longer to baste the hexies now than to sew 'em together.
    Bev

Honchey, this is Tuesday, is it not? I do not have my blocks ready, but was looking forward to seeing them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

By Golly, you're right Nina My apologies.. I am late again.. I've been busy packing and doing last minute running around..I'm almost done. We're leaving Thursday instead of tomorrow...we don't want to travel in the rain...

I am glad to know that ya are not traveling in the rain Anne! We are gonna be headed back to Brady on Friday. We will come back on Mon as I need to take DM for her second cataract surgery on Tues.
    We did take my Sequoia in today. They did change the oil & did the inspection. They did have to order the part for the handle. We are supposed to call back tomorrow & see if they have the the part. If so we will take it back to be fixed. I hope it is in so we can go to back to Brady on Thurs or Fri.
    Bev

Anne and Dublb, lots of luck to you in your traveling miles. I was going on a F A R T trip today, but the driver canceled the trip 'cause Des Monies had soo much snow. She will try again on Friday. Good to have another day to do the FM blocks... and to stay warm inside.

Honchey, I am sure everyone understands and has been in the same set of footprints, getting too busy on one line of thought and miss details in other ways. I think its the sign of an intelligent mind. LOL! Mine was always mind overload. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Safe travels to those moving from house to house in the next few days. I was happy to just stay home yesterday! It was the first time in a long time when I didn't have some place to go. (Well there were 2 things scheduled, but due to weather they got canceled). I was able to get the rows together and sandwiched for one of my "ours" star quilts and almost have it quilted. I decided to quilt the middle and then add the borders QAYG to make it easier to handle. Nothing too fancy with the quilting and thread kept breaking with all the thick seams, but I made lots of progress and am very happy about it! Today is back to "normal"....school this morning and work this afternoon.

Page 499 of 542 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 498 499 500 509 ... LastLast