Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Honchey, the garage where the fruit pantry is, is heated by gas heater on West Wall and the two deep freezers in the fruit room also creates heat. Not as warm as the house....about forty five to sixty degrees. The main garage also is a heated room for the cats to sleep and eat....therefore, we created the pantry to lock the cats out of the canned food; they seemed to think it was a climbing challenge and the jars belonged on the floor.

Ok, we picked about two and half bushels. Worked hard all morning and napped all afternoon. Fried chicken, gravy, baked potato, and fresh sliced tomatoes for lunch. Bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.

Dublb, I would never be able to walk one block. Great that you can, its very healthy.

Carrie, treasure those busy family times. Good to have you stop by here and give us an update on your life.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 PM

It's good ta know about where JanieW is. I sure have missed her.
Wow QNS your harvest is wonderful! Nice full larder! I just love BLT's. Yummy!

I have decided that I've gotta start wakin' up earlier. This stayin' up all night & sleepin' till noon is for the birds. I'll think I can go ta bed & then discover that I'm wide awake. DH & I have decided that we have gotta walk & git in shape. It was my idea but he has ta wake me up 'cause I can't wake that early. He's usually at work by 6 or 6:30 every mornin' so it's gotta be that early. It's also way too hot ta walk later in the day.

It's good ta see everybody here.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:51 AM

Hi everyone, I'm done working for a bit..I think! I took a few photos of the new renovation...It's such a pleasure now to walk into a nice newly done store...I also took a phot of the newest scrap bag haul at the LQS...

The last photo is where I love to sit & play!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn2366.jpg   dscn2369.jpg   dscn2367.jpg   dscn2368.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Love the scraps, Honchey, especially the red piece. What a nice place to 'play' when you are working! Complete with a fan. Wow.

JeanieG, I hope you are on high ground in AZ visiting your son. Hurricane brought in a lot of water to AZ.

Watch out, D_D, rain is coming your way. Dh told me the bears are coming down from high elevation for food getting into people's homes out there...so beware of the bears! 93 have been relocated and two shot. One woman who was feeding the bears, was fined a really big fine. When they say "Don't feed the bears!" they meant it.

Shhhh.....dh went to town this morning for an appointment at the Chiropractic clinic and I went in the QR and worked for an hour!! A whole hour! Pressed rows one and two that I had sewn together, finished and pressed row 3, and working on row four, inserting five new Thomas blocks, and pressing the old blocks so I can sew them together. Almost caught back up to where I was on the I SPY quilt...I wanna get it out of my way so I can work on other dozen projects...progress is good!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Anne, I certainly don't call that working LOL!!!!! I like the set-up;the Viking center at our Joanne's is very crowded with very little room to try out machines. Trade me jobs--please!! I'd never retire.

I'm having trouble posting and getting notices from here. I've seen other posters complaining about the same things so I guess it's a problem Mods are aware of. If I've missed responding to any PMs, I'm sorry--never got a notice about them.

QNS sounds like a very productive trip to the chiropractor for DH and for you. Glad eye spy is getting caught up.

Beautiful fall weather here (not like other parts of the country). 40* overnight with lots of sun and temps of 60* during the day. I could live like this all year round.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I certainly can't call it work either..I generally have a lot of fun too...Only when the boss gives me a list..like straighten out the drawers, make sure each machine has all the parts in the drawers..fill bobbins for the embroidery machines, etc..Work ??? . The whole store was renovated and our area is BRAND NEW!!! Tables, carpeting, the wall displays..we only kept the old wooden chairs..The new ones glide too quickly and can tip over too easy...

The last several days I've been getting duplicate emails from QB..I think the internet problems might have something to do with the solar flares and the satellites ...I'm going to be cutting 2" squares for my swap tonite...I have lots of new scraps ...
Old 09-18-2014, 06:51 PM

From Stitchin' Heaven face book page on the quilter's brain:
Old 09-18-2014, 08:33 PM

That is great QNS! Someone has a great imagination!

We have been in Phoenix a week tomorrow. The rain from the last Hurricane was minimal. We got about 1/2 hour of hard rain, then it left and we have not had any more. The storm bypassed Phoenix, and then East through Texas and New Mexico. The first Hurricane that went through (before we got here) was bad, a lot of houses and streets got flooded. There was some standing water at my son's house when we got here, but nothing more.

I went to a quilt store here where all the fabric are $6.95 a yard. They also have a huge double rack of fabric for $3.95 a yard. I got 3 fabrics off the sale rack, and bought 2 more fabrics to go with them from the regular racks. Wish we had a quilt shop like it at home. I love to come here and shop at this store. I bought them to work on the 7th Train Ride Mystery quilt here on the Board. I have done several of her Mystery Quilts on the Board and they turned out great. I think I am addicted to Mystery Quilts! Here is a photo of the fabrics I purchaed!
Attached Thumbnails img_0124.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 PM

It's rainin' again!!!!! We went 2 days w/o & it started rainin' again last night. I am doin' a happy dance!
Old 09-20-2014, 04:10 PM

I am happy for you, Dublb, that the Hurricane gave you rain. And JeanieG, I am glad you are fine and your son's house is fine in AZ. What beautiful fabric you found, JeanieG, for your project with the current Mystery folks.

I worked in the kitchen all day and I am soooo tired tonight. Morning is soon enough to process the jars awaitin' for me. Fixed extra lunch for a couple who are young and go all the time and let her pick it up as a carry-out...just what I served up to Mr. QNS....oven baked BBQ ribs with baked beans and corn on the cob. Plus they got 2 slicing tomatoes, half of the brownie pan of brownies, an apple pie. He gave it high ratings.

Tomorrow is another day, enjoy.