Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 500 of 542 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 499 500 501 510 ... LastLast
Results 12,476 to 12,500 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Wow, Carrie, lovely! From across the room in the evening light, my husband said, "Who made those beautiful carpets?" He thought they were pictures of oriental woven rugs. I said, "Those are quilts!" He was impressed. I've got some KT fabric. I like it too. :-) I got it first as a Block of the Month program from my local Quilt shop. The blocks were prepackaged fabric using a beige background. I finished the year of blocks, and had scraps left that I could use for alternate blocks, which I sewed with a cream background. What a neat difference your quilts are than the one I'm doing (!) simply because of your darker backgrounds. I wish I'd thought of doing that! And that blue one is especially attractive to me.
    Next question: What is GFG? Grandmother's Flower Garden?
    Last edited by givio; 02-03-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Another KT fan here, givio. My FWS PC quilt uses many of their fabrics along with some Jo Morton type pieces...GFG=Grandmothers Flower Garden--usually from hexagons...

No school again today...had the Grands clean up the play room...sorted through toys...eliminated some that aren't played with...Good feeling...need to hit the sewing room next, but office is calling instead...another couple days of bookwork ahead of me...

Have a couple of projects to work on for Grands in NC...must be to them by 2-14...yikes....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Sue, I too think that I have mind overload! LOL
    Givo, OK is right GFG is Grandmother's Flower Garden & it is an old pattern made w/hexagons.
    OK, That's a great way to use a snow day.
    Carrie, it sounds great that you too used your snow day wonderfully!

Today was another busy day!
    After DH fixed breakfast we got a call that the part for the Sequoia door handle is in. So we took it back to get fixed. Once we were home we paid bills. (Yuck) Actually he budgeted 'em & I washed the breakfast dishes. Then he either paid 'em online or wrote the checks while I marked 'em paid & stuffed the envelopes. About that time we got a call from the Toyota place w/an apology. They needed to order a cable for the door too. It won't be ready till tomarrow. I told DH that he would now need to take me to the LQS & Handcocks! We also had several other places to go to also. So out we headed, to the bank, the LQS, Walgreens then Handcocks. All before lunch. I have spent the rest of today sewing on my 10 min block sampler. I did fix King Ranch Chicken for supper.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Dublb, the memories of King Ranch Chicken! Do you put cut corn in yours? That's what they did in CC.

Gluing fine sandpaper to the bottom of my templates today.... the template, light cardboard and the the fine sand paper to kept it form slipping as I nee to use each to make the 17 blocks of Midnight Star. Have fun and take care everyone.

No corn. I got my recipe off a Rotell can years ago. I do change it up a bit according to how many of us will be eating.
    I spent most of today getting caught up on things that I let slide while getting out the last few days.
    Last edited by dublb; 02-04-2016 at 05:30 PM.
    Bev

Hi Everyone, Bob & I arrived safe & sound last nite. We had hoped to miss the rain but it stayed with us all the way down..We did it all in one day..I drove the tail end of the trip for 3 hours...The sun is shining here right now and it feels so good...the car is unpacked and I'll be sorting out all my sewing totes off and on the rest of the day...My Nellie Belle started right up..She was happy to see me She's anxious to get back on the road after all the rest she"s had..

I've never heard of King Ranch Chicken...Recipe please?
    Last edited by Honchey; 02-05-2016 at 09:11 AM.

QNS--Sounds like you have a fun day ahead..hope it all works out!

Honchey--Glad you made it safely.

I was able to get a little more quilting done yesterday. Today there won't be time...finishing up school now, then lunch and off to work.

King Ranch Chicken
    1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
    1 can Cream of Chicken soup
    1 can of chopped green chilies & diced tomotos (Rotel)
    16 corn tortilla's torn into bite size pieces
    2 cups of shredded cheese (maybe more)
    1 cup of de-boned chicken cut into bite size pieces (however much I get from my left over baked chicken)
    (I usually mix everything together in a bowl then pour it into a casserole dish.)
    The original recipe;
    In a bowl mix the condensed soup & Rotel.
    In a casserole dish layer the soup mixture, chicken, tortillas, & shredded cheese several times finishing off w/cheese.
    Cover it w/foil & bake in the oven at 400*F till bubbly, about 50 min.s
    (I put my last one in the microwave for about 20 minutes)
    Bev

Hey Sue, I hope today you had a wonderful FART! There isn't a Whataburger in Brady. There are 3 in Midland. We do go sometimes.
    Carrie, I am so glad that ya got to sew today. I am in Brady & do plan on sewing tonight.
    Anne, It is so nice to get where we are going now isn't it? I am glad that ya are safe & sound.
    Bev

Sounds like every one had a good trip, including me. Dublb, I used tortilla chips and put them into the KRC...it cooked in the slow cooker for three to four hours and came out fine.

The South Iowa Spring Shop Hop was a lot of fun....playing 'tootball' and drawing at a 'football' at each shop to qualify for a drawing after the hop closes tomorrow...I go to see three new shops, I had not seen before. We failed to make it to the last shop because it started to snow, and we looked at one another and said, "Time to go home!" No time to eat, we were going down the road to the next shop. 30 to 50 % off fabric at every shop. Yep some of it followed me home... the bucket list grew a littler longer. Life was good today and fun!

Are the tortilla's the chip type or the soft ones?

The flat corn chip tortilla; other tortilla chips work, but corn seems to be the best.

Since the class on Stack n Whack, I been going strong for that process. Sew many possibilities; so little time. Have several in the to-do list now. They can be four, six or eight repeats of any size to form circle, octagon, or square. I even had a book that she did not, but she ordered it from Amazon and its one of her favorites now. Have only three cut cut for now. First have to get this week's and next weeks FW 1930 finished, and few house hold chores, then back to the QR for a project or two.

QNS, I'm looking forward to seeing your Stack N Whack progress. It's one of my favorite patterns.

Me too, Givio. I have the templates, fabric, and patterns selected. Now I need the time to do it. House has to be clutter free and clean by March 25th...open House Day on our 50th wedding Anniversary.

One block of FW done, three to go...then I need to work on special project that includes The House that Jack built. and Midnight path.... then after that I can start on the Stack n Whack.

Blog Entries
    All in good time, QNS...all in good time....

Quilt guild is Monday so am working on pictures for the Historian's book...need I say more...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Well I have the first border on one star quilt (added by QAYG). Then took a break to make this for a swap (it is 14"; the orange is more rust colored and the red more brown) :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Wow, Carrie...and it's so your quilting style.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Honchey - I use soft corn tortillas. The kind that you buy to fry for taco's. (Say that 10 times fast. )
    Sue - I agree w/Givo as we are patiently waiting to see your S&W's.
    OK - Let me get this right; If it's not books for the farm then it's books for the guild. Your are one booked person.
    OH Carrie that is lovely! Your swap partner is just gonna loooove it!

I spent my day hanging curtains & pictures. Well, I only did the curtains in the entrance hall. I still have a ton of pictures that I haven't found where they need to be but I got about 3/4's of 'em hung. I am pleased to say that I am (for the first time since we got this house) happy w/the upstairs bathroom. Those walls were stark!
    I also unpacked 2 boxes. I hope to get a-lot more done tomarrow.
    Bev

Dublb, the corn tortilla chips give it more crunch texture and I always put some on top uncooked. I would fix it about nine n the morning and first lunch shift and I would eat it for lunch . I cooked it up in the crock pot. Made very good King Ranch Ckicken.

Like Ok said, its one step at a time; one stitch at a time.

Carrie, great job!

Carrie, that's a nice job with your zigzag stitching. It's cute how the light thread shows up on the dark fabric.

Thanks everyone. I was pretty happy with how quickly this went together and turned out. I use the zig zag stitch because I haven't gotten the hang of free motion. It hides if I am off a little bit while "SITD" and is a little more interesting than just a straight stitch. I also will use other decorative stitches depending on the pattern...to me stars and zig-zags work together.

Blog Entries
    Great idea on the stitching...have you tried a long serpentine stitch or 3point zigzag. I've used it diagonally on my mini log cabins...if the corners don't match no one notices...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Update: three of the four blocks for FW done. The fourth is cut out, ready to sew tomorrow.

Chilly weather moving in for this week, down to zero one night. So have fixed Chicken Pot Pie without the pie crust; substituted muffins and put the chicken mixture over it....enough for the first of the week, at least. Therefore, I can continue progress in the QR.

Sue - Now everyone have several ideas on how to make King Ranch Chicken. I love it that we all can experiment w/both our craft & our recipes. I will say that DH usually eats his King Ranch chicken w/tortilla chips instead of a fork. I also like to put sour cream on top of mine.

I woke this morning at about 5 or 5:30 to a loud yell from DH. He had fallen down the stairs. He has always had a fear of falling down stairs. He was barefoot & his dry heel just slipped on the carpet. (He later stated that he will always at least wear sandals or some kind of footwear when he navigates the stairs from now on.) He actually didn't fall all the way down the stairs. He had already gone down the first 4 before he fell & stopped before he hit the last 2 above the landing. He said that he got up & walked down the last 2 but the pain made him go too his knees on the landing. I found him on the landing. The sight scared me to death. I am so thankful that he didn't break anything. His right hip is real bruised & swollen. He thinks that he bounced down on it the most. He has aches, pains, scrapes, bangs & bruises all over. We did drive back to Midland much later today. We have obligations to meet tomarrow.

Here is a pict of the stairs he fell down.
    Name:  Brady March 2013 #16.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  33.6 KB
    Bev

I guess it would have been worse if they weren't carpeted, so that's something. Maybe it would be helpful to add a round handrail that he could grip? I'm always using handrails as I have bad knees and need the support they provide. I hope he keeps moving so he doesn't stiffen up from the fall. Prayers that he feels better soon!

Page 500 of 542 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 499 500 501 510 ... LastLast