Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 502 of 542 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 501 502 503 512 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Rosy, I go through those quilting slow down periods too. I got my mojo back with Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. In fact I went to a Quilt Guild meeting as a guest last night when she was the guest speaker. So exciting! She will be at another Guild in my area in another year. I will try to join that Guild so I can take a class from her! Seeing her quilts in "person" was amazing! She had 100 lbs of quilts with her!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Great, JenieG that you got to meet Bonnie Hunter. Wow. She raally knows how to 'speed' along doing her quilts and travel all over the USA. Ihave heard that her classes are fun.

Dublb, Sorry your classes did not make thie time, but a lot of things are going on right now in families and nation. I try to ignore most of it and quilt. But not to the point of ignoring my DH.

Too bad you all live so far away, to come to our 50th Wedding anniversary Open House March 34th. Buffet is served from noon until 2 pm. No gifts just a card shower. Our youngest two children will be here. Love to see any of you. . . that can make it. If not, cards are welcome. Hints; no coffee mug from New Jersey or North Carolina; nor from California. in our collection of mugs. take care, everyone.

QNS, 9 1/2 hour drive, one way, to your house. I don't think I'll make it. :-) But, fun to hear about the preparations, etc. It's a special day for you, that's for sure!

You will be missed Givio; a card will do. Maybe a coffee mug from Michigan? Just a card would be fine. Yes, t is a very s pecial day to us. And some things will go wrong, but we will have lots of help and that will make it fun.

Wish we were traveling your way this year. However we decided to stay closer to home. I know you will have a marvelous day!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I understand, JeanieG, the years are catching up with the best of us. However, you are always welcome here, and we will do our best to entertain you all here.

Got over to Cantril's Dutchman's Store and spent $$$ I had not planned on there...wonderful meat bargains. Chicken hindquarters: twenty nine cents a pound. Beef, ham and turkey was on sale too. And beautiful fabric, Oh, lovely pieces came home with me.

And I won a store's drawing from the SW Quilt Hop Shop... ac coupon worth $25. Now to find time to return to that shop...small, small collection there.

With that kinda sale, Sue, who could resist? Ya'll will be eating well for a while!
    I am in Brady. I haven't come here to visit ya'll in a few days though. We have got a lot done, beds rearranged, hanging lamp hung, industrial sewing machine all set up & sewn on, & many li'le things. I am actually sleepy now so I'm gonna head to bed.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

How is everyone doing? I am back in Midland & we are gonna have B-day chicken for #1DSon's Birthday.
    Bev

dublb, Happy Birthday to #1Son.

I talked to our DS today, and he reminded me his companion is vegetarian so we settled on a soup for her. He also said his MIL has to have soft foods.... and I said so does your Dad. He is toothless yet. Also will have gluten free cornbread and rolls.... and a bread with no yeast for DD.

I hit a stop sign in doing the quilt I was working on, fabric shortage. So another road trip is planned. Brought the fabric a year ago so it will be interesting trying to matching it.

Blog Entries
    Think I can rest tomorrow...been busy...today met up with cousins for lunch..we. had a nice corner and lingered at the table until 5:00... our dear relative turned 98 yesterday...she still quilts...an inspiration to us all...the only non quilters in our group was her daughter...so yes guess what we talked about...a wonderful afternoon.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OH Sue! I love that!

I actually went to sleep early last night. Well early for me! I went to bed at 9:30. 10 years ago that was my bedtime! I have been heading to bed somewhere between midnight & 2 for the last 6 or 7 years.
    Well ya'll have a wonderful Sunday mornin'!
    Bev

I'm a night owl too Bev - always have been! I usually am still awake reading at midnight!

Today was a good day. I have been playing. I have another DQ in my head so I have made myself a kit. It did occur to me, while I was cutting, that it can be used for a demonstration of how I use glue. When I talked to the manager of my LQS about the class I am teaching, she & I also talked about a demonstration for a couple of days. She is gonna talk to the owner about it. (The owner is her DM. ) The idea is to kinda promote the class I am gonna teach.
    Bev

Jeanie, I bet I go to bed by 10 tonight. I am sleepy again. I hope this continues. One time is all it takes for me to be thrown back to the late nights.
    Bev

More gray hair here--I'm so glad I only have one child. For the past year my son & MrJan have been finishing his basement. They've done everything from plumbing, wiring, flooring, drywall, etc. On Saturday DS was putting the finishing touches--the last pieces of trim on the stairwell. He had one--just one--final piece to cut, was in a hurry and didn't put the guard on the table saw. Ripped into his thumb, pointer and middle fingers! Thank God they're only 5 minutes from the ER. He was bleeding so much he almost went into shock. Got him stabelized, x-rayed, and made an attempt to sew things together. All the pieces were there, just not where they should be. He has to see the Orthopedic doc on Wednesday to see what can be done and if all fingers can be saved. It's his right hand and he's right handed. Lots of pain especially when we change the dressings but I think they look pretty good, nice and pink and responsive. (Sometimes I hate being a nurse but other times I'm glad to know what to look for). He was supposed to leave today for Belgium but cancelled because he can't dress himself and he didn't think they'd want him at meetings in his flannel pjs. Needless to say I've done no sewing and have been running back and forth to his house for dressing changes and took dinner to them last night. Funny thing: his wife was a trooper and got him to the ER, onto a stretcher and passed out cold! So they had 2 patients, not just one in that ER bay! Keep your fingers crossed (no pun intended!!!!) that everything works out with the ortho doc.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Prayers coming your way JanRN. Hope everything works out for your DS. He learned, I hope, to take time for safety no matter how much in a hurry he is....

OH Jan! HUGGS! That has got to be scary!
    Bev

Thank Goodness you're a nurse Jan!.. I pray the Dr's can perform some magic.. When My DS was 10 he decided to make a blender milkshake and pushed the ice cream down and a trip to the ER ensued and then microsurgery on his hand.. The DR's did perform magic.. I'm so glad you're not too far from him either.. Take care, H.

My laptop has been giving me problems.. The browser won't let me read my emails...UGH!

Oh Jan, I am so sorry your son had to go through all this.

I can relate to your DIL! My son broke his arm when he was about 6 years old. Our small town at the time did not have a hospital. I picked him up, put him in the back of my car and drove about 15 miles to my other son's Orthopedic Surgeons office. I had called to tell them I was coming. I walked into the Drs. office, put Joel on the table they indicated, and almost passed out. They had me sit down with my head between my knees. I did great during the emergency and drive. I really fell apart after I got a hold of my husband and he came to the Drs. office.

It was the same with me. I did fine with injuries and blood and doctors, etc., until my son needed surgery at a young tender age. I got through the several surgeries, and after that time passed I found that I couldn't bear it so well in later years. If there's an emergency, I guess I could get through it, but I don't like the sight of blood and feel faint in certain situations.

I'll certainly pray about your son's hand. I hope it won't affect his work. My husband was right handed, and when his accident affected the use of his right hand, he had employment difficulties. Please encourage his wife to encourage him to do his hand rehabilitation exercises...

Today we are packing the kitchen. Well at least most of it. We are keeping a few things here to be able to function. Most of thos will go to #2DSon. He is now actively looking for an apartment.
    #1DSon got laid off yesterday. Midland is an oil town & everything slows down when oil does.
    I hope #2DSon doesn't get laid off.
    Bev

Thanks ladies for listening to me (again) about DS and my gray hair. Good news so far from Ortho doc. No surgery needed. He re-xrayed the fingers and there is some bone damage but should heal in time. He has full movement in all joints except the top joint of the middle finger. He may still lose that part of his finger but otherwise things look good. He goes back in a week to re-check.

I was so nervous waiting to hear from him yesterday that I sewed like a maniac. I got a bunch of the FWS 1930s blocks made. There are some real difficult ones coming up and then a few very simple ones. Picking fabric is the hardest part. I can only have so many on my flannel wall so I have to keep referring to a pic I took of earlier blocks to make sure I have a nice mix of colors. When we did the first FWS I never used yellow--now it seems I want to use it all the time--you ladies taught and convinced me how much pop yellow can add. Now I'm addicted to it. Snowy, blustery day here so back to the Bat Cave--will do more FWS 1930s blocks.

Have a good day and do something you love. Thanks again for the support when I was freaking out!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN, its very good to hear of the good news! So happy for you. That sunshine in the bat cave can make time pass quickly. I am taking on the FW 1930 one step at a time...I know its going to make me a better quilter if I take on the challenge of it....or simply substitute another in its place.

Dublb sounds like you are making progress in your move.

I am making progress in my Quilt Room and Guest Room...I think the guest room will be ready by the 22nd of next month when children and friends arrive to help. I can see my labels on the totes in the QR, have organized my FW fabric by color again, finally! And got the paperwork ready for taxes! I seem to 'like' blue in my WIP...fills up several totes...Blue Christmas, Blue Stack n Whack (3 of them) and blue borders WIP. And sooo many pink fabric pieces! A tote of reds, but cannot find the 'tone' I need, so need a road trip next week.

Well It is late & I am heading to bed. We now have our bed here in Brady. It is a heavy son-of-a-gun! We had to drag it up the deck stairs to get it into our bedroom. We had to move the bed we have been sleeping on outta there first. It is in the deck room. We have a bunch more unpacking to do tomarrow.

Jan - That is what we are here for. HUGGS I am so glad to hear that no surgery is needed! Give him an extra hug from all of us!
    Bev

Page 502 of 542 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 501 502 503 512 ... LastLast