Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 542 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My son wanted ham instead of turkey (much less work in my book) so ham it was. We got a nice spiral sliced one, and I made scalloped potatoes. We had tons of food, they will have lots of left overs. Son wants to use the ham bone to make 16 bean soup, he got the beans when we were shopping the other day.

We are taking off tomorrow for home. Will take it in two days, so will be home late Saturday morning.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well I just got a call from DM & they sent DGM home th'sevenin'!! DM left us at 7:30 & went back ta the hospital ta find out that they were doin' the paperwork ta send DGM home. Well DM's phone battery was dead so she couldn't call any o' us till she got DGM home.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Well, I see that everyone got stuffed with all sorts of good stuff to eat....I roasted a 19 lb turkey for DH, DS & me!!! Put the bird in the oven...watched the parade while peeling potatoes...then the football games started and stayed on all day..sent DS home with a goody bag....now it's all peace & quiet.....It took me 3 days to do all the prepping for today...I was back in the Dr"s office yesterday...another shot and I'm also on a steroid regiment for 7 days...inhaler, nasal spray, eye drops...you name it ..I'm taking it!!! I forgot the cough syrup with the special stuff in it to help you sleep first nite I slept all thru until 7:30 this morning..I'm still coughing and all sorts of junk appearing....I look like a racoon with the brown rings around my eyes...lost 8 lbs (yay!)...BUT I'm starting to feel much better...Hooray!

I'm so glad all of you had a great day..especially you Bev...glad to hear your DGM is home...

QuiltE..you can post your blocks in the "official thread" or the Update thread...Wherever your heart desires!

It's way past midnight and I'm really tired so it's off to bed for me...G'nite

Anne, ya git ta feelin' better now, ya hear????
    Bev

Blog Entries
    I just got my kitchen cleaned up again--and we had dinner over at our Aunt's house as we have for the last 35+ years, but all she fixed this year was the ham and the turkey. Everything else brought in--I hadn't made my mother's apple, raisin dressing in years so took that, as well as pumpkin dessert, and scalloped potatoes and gravy. Took black bean, corn salsa for an appetizer with corn chips. Good plan as instead of waiting on the dairy farmers (us), we had to wait on the turkey. Found out another "out law" cousin grew up on dressing made with soda crackers and real "wieners"--and how long have we known each other Ha Ha. Aunt sent home the carcass which I boiled up tonight. Tomorrow we are have creamed turkey over potatoes for the two families that are here for the holiday. Then house becomes quiet again. 3 little grands (9,8,6) are spending the night here with the boys and the 2 little ones at DS's. Those girls expect Gram to read a story before they go to sleep no matter how late it is. Tonight's selection from James Herriot's collection of Stories for Children...Market Square Dog. They wanted another so I promised the second story in the morning. Reading to the grands has always been a special time for us.
    Get the long john's out folks, we went from a balmy 60 degrees today to freezing temperatures tonight with the wind howling even in our valley.

And no Black Friday shopping here either.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 11-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I finally finished this. It's my DN's graduation quilt. At least she got it the same year she graduated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bev

Blog Entries
    Bev, the black sets off the florals so nicely. Like the quilting too. Thanks for sharing.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

What a beautiful quilt Bev, you did a great job with the quilting I am sure she will treasure it.
    Karen

Beautiful, cozy quilt, Dublb. One she can treasure and use anywhere she goes, wrapping herself up in a quilt made with love to remind her, she will always be loved.

Beautiful quilt Bev!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Honchey--so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad! Glad you were able to spend some time with family in spite of it and are finally getting some relief.

dublb--happy your DGM is home again. Your quilt is great...the black really gives it nice contrast.

Honchey ... glad to know you got to the Dr. and got what you needed to help you get on the mend. OOPS! re the forgotten cough medicine. You'll have to use Buckleys! Yeaaaa for Big Bird and all the leftovers. Hope you didn't send it all home with your DS and kept some for you and MrHonchey!

DublB ... glad that your DGM got home and hope that she continues to improve. What a nice quilt for your niece. The black really makes the other colours pop. What a nice way to personalize her quilt, via the quilting! Such a nice treasure for her to have to wrap up in Auntie's love, when needed.

JeanieG ... now that must be some soup with 16 beans! Travel Safely!

OKSGlad ... another grand weekend at the OK Corral! Dining out must have been a treat for you, even with taking some of the food along. Special time for you with your out-of-town Grands ... more stories tonight? And yes, that cccccold wind blew in today and the temperature sure has dropped. A few of those S....... in the air, though no accumulation expected yet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I finally have 5 minutes to spare so I think you have waited long enough for the big reveal.

Here is my finished Pony Club quilt top. The final border is the rose border print and I always had it in my mind to use it, but after I had sewn it on I loathed it. I laid it on the spare bed for 2 weeks and kept looking at it but it just kept screaming at me ----- tooooo busy. The eye needed somewhere to rest, well that's my way of thinking.

Please let me know what you think, be honest we are all friends
    Karen

OMG Mirabelle, that is gorgeous! I cannot believe you have it all together! The sashing and cornerstone really make those blocks stand out! I hope I find something as nice for mine!

Personally, I don't think that the border print is too busy. But you have to live with it and if you don't like it, I guess you could replace it with something else???

I still have 2 1/2 blocks to complete! We just got home from Phoenix, so have to regroup here and get on the ball and finish these blocks.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Here we go again....
    After looking at my quilt top for weeks I decided that I couldn't live with it SO to the seam ripper it went.
    I had just enough of the blue sashing fabric for a final border and binding. It took several hours to unpick and resew but I am now happy with the result.
    I hope you can see the difference, sorry for the sideways photo the battery died in my camera and DD took this photo from her phone.
    I also had to find where she had saved it on my computer

Now I just have to find a longarmer to quilt it for me, cause it is huge

Thank you JeanieG for your kind words, I think the problem was the roses are just scattered throughout the quilt top and not overpowering and the rose border just made it too too much
    Karen

Oops it didn't upload my photo, back to the drawing board
    Karen

The file is too big and I have tried to resize it but there is a problem, DS will be here for dinner soon and I will have him do it for me (cause he is the computer guru)
    Karen

DS did what he does best so I hope this works

Now it is time to have dinner
    Karen

I think you did right with the blue border. I love your quilt! It's gorgeous!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh my! I knew your quilt would be beautiful when we were showing our blocks. It's even more than I thought it would be!!! It's gorgeous. You did such a great job with your color scheme and your sashing and borders just add to it. I absolutely love it. Congratulations on such a beautiful quilt.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Mirabelle...you nailed it with the blue border. What a great eye you have for getting it just right. I've seen that with your blocks so I'm not surprised. I saw you comment on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt thread that you are not doing that one and some place else last year that you had 3 UFO's to do. My hats off to you but I can't resist this one but will not be doing the MM one at the shop. A little self discipline, huh? Of course I could use more. My PC blocks will be coming out of the drawer this next week as I begin assembling them in between BH's headers and Enders!
    dubib...your DN's quilt is darling. So sparkly and alive. How is your DGM doing? And more to the point, now are you doing?
    Honchey...I'm glad you're getting better. You need a couple of wool quilts to cuddle in when it gets cold and you can't have your electric blanket. I have one ready for binding I'm planning to use this winter. The only heat in our bedroom is what comes up the stairway!
    OKSewglad...sounds like your GC really enjoy being at your house. Back to quiet and routine soon, huh?
    JanR...the month is almost over so you won't have so many hours of work. Enjoy your new toy!
    carrie...did your daughter like her new sewing box? Have we set a date for when we are to have the bonus blocks to you?

more *sighs*

MiraB
    ... beyond belief! The navy border frames your masterpiece, wonderfully. And the blue cornerstones are a perfect touch to the overall *sigh*ing look! I loved it as a WIP ... and am overwhelmed with it all put together. Now onwards to quilting. What about doing it yourself? You certainly are capable from what you have shown us with your other projects.

And it looks like there's some more completions to come very soon!!!!
    HURRY!! HURRY!!! HURRY!!!!

You know, I have no patience!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Wow! Congratulations! The first one to be done! Kudos to you Mirabelle....You get the grand prize!

Yes, The blue border was the way to go...you were right about floral blending in.

Wow, Mirabelle, you nailed that down quickly....just too well!! It may take awhile before all of us finish ours so nicely....I think a couple of others are close to a finish...me, not!!

Good to hear from several riders and know you have survived the stuffing day of stuff the turkey and ourselves. One child told me it was the official opening of the turkey season....turkey on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year Day.

GG, do you need to invite those DIY guys to your house to finish some projects your dh has started?? Like the kitchen?? 'Course that might make a good reason to eat out a lot and not cook. Cold bedroom?? I like it cool, but not cold enough to freeze my feet....we use a little Wal Mart heater in each of our bedrooms, and a unventilated gas heater in our 'great' room to keep warm.

Me, not on any new project...too many UFOs...some better than 15 to 20 years old that need to be completed...sigh...I am still catching up on my rest from doing a weekend with dd and family, then Thanksgiving with 19 guests....and trying to use up leftovers...clear the freezer again from what they brought and left...brrrr...its cold outside, and expected since it is winter...but it is hitting me harder this year....time for the wool and cashmere clothing. Oh, for heated floors in the house sitting on a cement slab.

Karen It's beautiful! I kinda liked it w/the rose border, but wow that blue border sure makes the blocks shine.
    It's kinda cool here th'smornin' but no where near freezin'. It's in the lower 40's, but th'safternoon it'll be in the lower 70's or upper 60's. Yesterday I opened the back door & let the breeze flow in.
    DGM is doin' better & using her walker religiously. I'm better. I'd like a day ta do nothin' but I bet it won't happen.
    Bev

Page 2 of 542 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast