Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 492 of 542 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 491 492 493 502 ... LastLast
Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

A new dawn, a new day. What will be, will be. The future is not ours to see. I hope to get one or two of the FW blocks done today, and tackle the remainder of the 'quilt stuff' and organize it better. Finish my UFOs in the new year. Some quilt tops are so close to being done. A dozen more I want to cut out to do, have all the fabric collected for them. Discard the scraps...no time for them...as I finish each top.

No cookie baking, no special menu for holidays here...just another day. No company planned, no decorations for the season. Everyone else can enjoy theirs and ours, too.... Blessed be. It is a new dawning of the day each day; there are fresh hopes and prayers for the new day.

Got ingredients for Molasses Sugar Cookies in the fridge chilling today. We have a cookie party and potluck dinner on Saturday at one of my cousins houses. Always good to see family from my Dad's side of the family this time of year, as we do not get together very often.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jan love the Moose, NS, I feel for you. The only Idea I have is to go up high. Shelf unit, up to the ceiling. I won't be doing any blocks until the new year, have too much stuff to do. Just finished baking two Christmas cakes and as soon as they cool, I will sauce them up lol....

Here it is, Dec 18, and we're getting our first snow. We got about an inch in the last 2 hours and even I (who hates snow) have to admit it looks so pretty outside with all the Christmas lights. But that's enough snow for me. Actually it's supposed to be back in the 50's and 60's by Christmas--yay! Hope everyone is well, busy I'm sure. Enjoy this time of year, think of the reason for this season and not all the "stuff that has to be done".
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Jan your first sentence could have been written by me...a light dusting of snow here too. I have 2 packages ready to go to PO tomorrow am....got a growth chart for youngest Grand made...picture later...4 skirts, 1 pair of pj's, 3 tops, 1 pair of leggings, and 2 body suits ready for GD #5...the 3 circle skirts are reversible....now to keep working on the rest of the girls' doll clothes...I have til after Christmas...phew...must get to bed...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well no snow here. Yesterday (it is already Sat as it is about 2:08am) was a lovely 58*F day w/just a bit of a breeze & the sun shining bright. The first day I have been out in a week. Did a li'le bit of shopping this morning w/DH. Then came home at about 1:00 & collapsed. Even though I am not coughing I do still have a bit of wheeze & that can just about wear a body out. Dh did drop me off & pick me up at the doors so as to keep me outta the breeze.
    I sure do wish that I could sleep. All these asthma medicines are keeping me awake.
    Last edited by dublb; 12-19-2015 at 12:09 AM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

A dust of snow where I live too. It looks like the beginning of November instead of the end of December. Most of my Christmas cards are written and in the mail, only a few to mail on Monday. My husband put out strings of lights and it's so cheerful to come home to, as I finish work in the late evening and come home in the dark.

Givio, its nice to come home to a welcome warm sight when you have completed the day's work. Happy for you.

Dublb, talk to your doctor and see what he or she can do for you.

Christmas just arrived here. A wonderful couple I have never meet except through emails sent us Harry and David fruit box. I knew her cousin in CC before she died, and this lady has 'gifted' us for several Christmas Days through the years since. Since our own chicldren are busy with their families, its a rare treat indeed! Merry Christmas!

Have studied the perfect Golda blocks in FW and cut out another one. Hope this one goes better.

Blog Entries
    After coming home from mailing packages and getting a tire fixed, I was going to bake, but 9 yo GD wanted to sew a pot holder for her teacher..ended up making 2, the second one for Mom using some Jersey cow fabric I've been saving for the right project...how could I refuse....we must foster the act of giving....

Big cross state BB rivalry in 15 minutes...Go Cyclones.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I am so much better but I kept my rear in the seat of this chair. I watched the Texans finally win one. Alright I know that they have had a wining season but it seems that the games that I watch are the ones that they lose. LOL
    Next we watched The Last Samurai, then the last of the Bronco's game. Then DH put in our Blue Blood's DVD. I have been hand quilting the whole time. I am so slow at hand quilting.
    Bev

We went to watch the new Star Wars movie. The plot reminded me of the first one. It's hard to believe Star Wars came out 38 years ago! Well, until you see how old the characters have become since their original performance... Chewbacca looked the same though. http://news.yahoo.com/meet-the-new-c...183503009.html Gave out little bags full of the Christmas cookies today that my sister and I baked on Friday. Fun to bake them, fun to give them!

I am so looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars movie! I am sure that DH won't go & see it at the theater though. He will wait till it comes out on DVD.
    Bev

Got my Christmas cookies "baked" this morning. Actually, I went to the Amish Bulk Food Store and bought a beautiful tray of handmade cookies--things I never attempt to make--and lots of fresh cheeses and soup mixes. I love that store. Passed up the homemade candy but it was tempting. Had a large breakfast with MrJan in their restaurant so all in all it was a nice morning.

Not much sewing going on here. Made a mug rug for a swap on a different site. I don't see the purpose of mug rugs because I'm so sloppy and would ruin it but that was the requirement. I'll Scotch Guard it in case my swap partner is sloppy like me.

JanRN, sounds like a lovely start to the day. I will shop on Wednesday for what we decide we want for Christmas Day. No one is coming but we can enjoy each other's company. Oh, we did order a new dishwasher for DH, so he will not have to wash all the dishes in the new year.

Seems like I will be making Mincemeat for canning since neighbor lady said she could not find the suet for it. Well, I did and its waiting for me at the local grocery chain store. (With a death in the neighbor's family, she is busy.) Wish, oh, how I wish, DGM had taught me her recipe. I keep guessing, but have not nailed it yet. It had beef, pork, suet, cherries, and gooseberries in it. Most regions added in whatever they had for their custom made mincemeat. DGM added her fresh raw chopped apples last for the pie making. She used a little Rum or Bourbon in the adult version, I think. Mincemeat translate into twice ground meat, baked as a meat pie in early history of England.

I did finally post the FM blocks, and a new Golda that I redid completely.

Oh My!, I have missed so many posts..I've been very busy with last minute shopping for the boys and trying to pick up everything...My tree is up and the skirt I made several years ago is underneath...I have the "Creeper" quilts sandwiched and ready to be quilted..I know I won't be able to get them done in time for Christmas, hopefully 90% done I have some cookie dough ready to be baked and then to get the Ham for Christmas day and I should be done..Forgot,,,I still have to wrap the presents....

Have a Very Merry Christmas All, be well and enjoy the Spirit of the Season. Not too much eggnog guys H.

I just sat in my chair all day yesterday & hand quilted. I woke th'smornin' feeling just wonderful! I do have a li'le cough but nothing that'd slow me down. Went out w/DH th'smornin' before the stores got busy & picked up our last 4 presents.I am not gonna take any chances for the rest of the day so I'm just gonna sit in the chair the rest of the day.
    Bev

Sounds like a good idea, Dublb.

I had plans to go out, but DH did not feel good, he can hardly move with pain in his hips. Nothing that important, so will rest at home. We did have heavy fog this morning, but it has 'burned off' later in the morning.

Friends of ours just left--on their trike. Who ever heard of riding a motorcycle in Pennsylvania on December 22??? It was 62* today and supposed to be 70* Wednesday & Thursday. I'm so happy!! I think I've mentioned how much I hate snow LOL.

I'm achey & sore--I cleaned all day. Not used to all the bending and twisting to polish furniture. Damn--I'll have to do it again next Christmas!

Blog Entries
    Damp weather brings on the arthritic pain, QNS....don't ask me how I know...
    Glad to hear you're breathing better, Bev

Worked solo today and tomorrow...slow, everyone is getting ready for Christmas, but sewed an a small quilt by Pam Buda in reds....using 1.25" cuts in a checkerboard block. Here's link to the pattern
    http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.c...red_lo_res.jpg

Cheered the Cyclones onto a win tonight..a close one...

Wishing you all A Merry Christmas...May Peace find you in all you do...G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janrn View Post
    friends of ours just left--on their trike. Who ever heard of riding a motorcycle in pennsylvania on december 22??? It was 62* today and supposed to be 70* wednesday & thursday. I'm so happy!! I think i've mentioned how much i hate snow lol.

I'm achey & sore--i cleaned all day. Not used to all the bending and twisting to polish furniture. Damn--i'll have to do it again next christmas!

:d:d:d.......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I like the starburst one. What tiny pieces those must be! I'd like to make a red/white quilt someday. On my to-do list.

Me too, givio. Only a Queen sized, not a mini. Two colored quilts. One red and white; one blue and white or cream; and one green and cream. Simple traditional patterns.

Meanwhile there are four or five Stack n Whack queen sized quilts to be cut out in the QR. Patterns are copied and put with each tote of fabrics. Next will be cutting out all the fabric and storing the 'kit' for each one. Lessons coming up on the 13th of January ata LQS to see how Quilter 6+5 does her wonderful job of Stack n Whack. Looking forward to those classes.

Just wanted to say "Merry Christmas" to all. I check in when I can, but not on the boards much or in my craft room. My current project is quilting/filling a weighted quilt. They are something used to help sooth special needs kids, especially those with autism. Some on my homeschool group were asking about them, so I thought I would make one to see what it is like/how much work they are....maybe have a "lender" quilt so they can try it out before investing as the beads they're filled with are a little pricy. Just 2 blocks left (of those I am making) on my 50 Fabulous Star blocks and then I will be assembling two quilts from those (alternating blocks are done/ready). Going to tour a long arm dealer/factory (Nolting) on Tuesday with a friend. Once DD's braces are paid off, I can see one of those in my future!

Wonderful news Carrie! Enjoy it for me, too! I have heard they are wonderful Long Arm machines.

Merry Christmas. It's a beautiful morning here, sunny and warm (no snow-yay!). Hope everyone enjoys their day with family and friends. It's just MrJan and I today so I imagine I'll get to watch him take a few Christmas naps and maybe take one myself.

I wish you peace & joy for the coming year.

Page 492 of 542 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 491 492 493 502 ... LastLast