Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 491 of 542 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 490 491 492 501 541 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I am seeking solutions to storing all my fabrics in the Quilt Room. If I can devise a handy pouch to hang on the closet pole that would hold one to three pieces of fabric and be arranged by colors. Multiple poles would hold more pouches per pole and would have a quick release to come off the pole or refasten back on the pole. Approximately, twelve inches by 18 inches with clear front and one side. . . easy to make and easy to fasten back on the pole. Cannot see a way outside the box.....yet.

Sue, can ya use pants hangers to attach to the pouches?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QNS, you can sew (or buy) an organizer pouch/bag to hang by a hanger in a closet. Maybe something would work like that. Some various examples: http://www.aliexpress.com/promotion/...promotion.html
    You can use an over the door type shoe organizer and remove the over the door hooks and replace them with a triangle piece of fabric, double thickness, that has a hanger enclosed inside.
    If you want just a small pouch, you could get a clear plastic make-up pouch from the dollar store and twist a wire to the handle of it, shaped to fit on your closet pole, for hanging.
    Last edited by givio; 12-11-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Dublb, I was thinking along the same line of thought with pants hangers. Givio, thanks for the site. I was thinking vertical not horizontal. One picture can be worth a thousand words. This Closet: Name:  1-DSCN0312.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  1-DSCN0316.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  54.6 KBinto this closet with the clothes going in to the first closet. Then I have to unpack the two beds in the guest room. Name:  1-DSCN0314.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  45.6 KBName:  1-DSCN0313.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  55.9 KBNo guests allowed at the moment. Object: get all fabric into the quilt room where I can see them. Free up the guest room, and use half of the closet in the guest room for over flow of summer/winter closet area. I think the the vertical storage with about six/ten poles will hold all the fabric in the 12x18 bags on pant hangers or something similar. Prefer clear fronts on the bags. Bags are not hard to make, possible with clear plastic table oil cloths, I think...still trying to get the right vision to try. Thanks for your suggestions...all suggestions are welcome.

It always gets to be a worst mess before it gets better..LOL!

Ooooo, I want to see that yellow and green quilt!

Blog Entries
    givio you've given dear QNS incentive to "get er done"...

Getting it organized will make life easier....and you will enjoy sewing....

Worked solo today...now to have a cup of tea...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

clothes closet part is done. And some clothes given away, need to do far more of that since I am not planning on ever working again....so many winter things like new since I wore winter ghings just about a week on the average for the twenty some years in CC.

Nor ready for company....yet. But I can get into mine own bed! Up to sixty degrees today; unbelievable for December!

We had 3 days of 80*F. The wind hit about sundown w/a li'le bit of rain tonight.
    Bev

I like to take Sunday mornings and get caught up on all of your posts. Sounds like everyone is busy but finally all are healthy. Let's stay that way! After getting decorating done (don't get me started about the troubles we had with those bleeping lights) and finishing some Christmas table runners, I finally got my Christmas Mouse (not mousse) finished. He's hanging on my front door and the inside of my house is decorated with mooses (meese?) of all shapes and sizes. Isn't he cute? Don't know why he's sideways but just tilt your head to look at him LOL.Name:  IMG_0041.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  120.0 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Love the moose Jan, He's really cute! Single moose or multiple moose are the same ..Now with a bunch of donkeys you could call them a- -es .. My decorating is a lighted wreath on the front of the house and a much bigger one that hangs from the attic on the side and a tree inside of course.. My grandkids will be helping with the decorations next weekend...

My tree is in Brady & my decorations are here in Midland. I don't think any decorations are gonna be put up at all this year.
    I was gonna watch my Texans play this afternoon but they aren't gonna play till 7 tonight. I think I am gonna go & sew.
    Bev

No decorations for Christmas here...it is too much work to put up and take down.

JanRN, your Moose is cute. Morris, the Moose, who helped Santa one year when the red nosed deer was sick. LOL, the childhood memories we had with our three children.

Great moose Jan, I love him! You did a wonderful job with the quilting!!!! Wow!

We got the small table top tree up today as well. I still have a few things more things to put out. Joe got the lights up on the house yesterday.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Well I just loooove that moose!
    I am wheezing a bit today. The wind is blowing from the north-west. I refused to leave the house a'tall.
    We are gonna spend most of the holiday's in Midland. My DB is gonna be here. If he decides to go to Brady for the New year we will go then if not we will go whenever our DD wants to meet us there.

I did some sewing today & watched my Texans lose tonight.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Looks like Jan is having a Moosey Christmas this year....nice job

No decorations up yet, either....local Grands think it's time to get the fall decorations put away..doesn't feel like Christmas with +2 " of rain this weekend...could be 20" of snow...

Doll clothes production is slowly progressing....

Guild meeting tonight so must get the Historian's book updated.. have a good one....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Progress on the re-construction of closets and storing all quilt fabric in the quilt room. Can see half of each bed in the guest room. Clearly labeled each tote on ends and sides.

Bad news is no blocks ready for tomorrow's show of work on FW 1930s. Need to finish up clearing the guest room a bit more. Good news is that I am done with the heavy lifting, thank goodness! My poor back is complaining. Two big boxes of scraps so far.... ?????? not sure what to do with them. And I have three 4 x size storage bags of knits, some are cut into squares with a pattern for them in the tote.

I love scraps, sorry we are so far away QNS or I would take them off your hands. I cut them into strips and squares for scrap quilts! I use to get a couple bags full every three to four months from a gal who did not use them and gave them away. She has not called in a year, so guess she found another source for them.

Got almost all of my Christmas stuff up, glad to get the boxes out of the living room. Just a few more things to do, then done until I need to put them away for another year! So much work for just a few weeks.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hey Sue I am making a scrappy quilt using this method. It might be an idea for you.
    https://sewkatiedid.wordpress.com/20...magic-numbers/
    I only made my blocks 10" & I did use some 1.5" blocks too. I also put my 6" squares either in the top right or bottom left corners. It has gone together real fast. Hmmmm I might have a pict but then it might be on the phone.

Name:  magic numbers scrappy.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  77.1 KB
    Last edited by dublb; 12-14-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    Bev

Thanks, Dublb. I cannot get the UFO quilts done, and have lost a couple tops that I had finished. No clues on where they are. Wish we did live closer, JeanieG., and the weather would be sunshine and not this cloudy & rainy day. Depressing. Did locate the Civil War Sampler pattern and fabric. Now I know where that one is located.

Isn't it interesting what we "find" when we do some cleaning up!

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I have to tell you about an experience I had at Joanne Fabrics the other day. As you all know I'm a diehard Pittsburgh Pirates baseball fan. I've been looking for Pirates fabric forever, they just licensed it earlier this year. I've seen it on Ebay greatly overpriced. As I was looking in the aisle with team fabrics a salesperson was putting three bolts of Pirates fabric on the shelf! Yay! I didn't want to be rude and reach around her so I waited til she started to walk away, reached for a bolt and wham! A lady (?) literally pushed me out of the way and grabbed all three bolts! I said "wait a minute, I need a yard of that and I'll give you the bolt back". She laughed and said "no way, I'm taking them all". And she did!!!! I was so stunned I couldn't even argue, just stood there with my mouth hanging open! I hope it fades and shrinks LOL!!!
    I think I would have walked straight to the cutting counter and explained to them how I was just shoved out of the way so the hog could get the bolt out of my hands and ask them to cut off a yard for me when the hog brought it up. I'm sure they would be glad to help you.

Nice pic, Bev! I used your link and had some 'snow' and 'flashing' digital squares problem, but was interested to read the article despite my technical problems. I'm putting together a scrappy quilt with this method too. My squares are 18". I started sewing orphan blocks together. If the block I use isn't the right size, then I just add a border to it. I'm not sure how it will end up, because it's easy to mix and match and decide something else improvisionally! But, so far, I'm very fond of it. It might be my favorite when it's done.

Honchey, has not posted the next two FW blocks, so maybe I have some time yet before I do them?

A year ago, I posted this gift to a couple of wonderful ladies who rescue cats; our kitten has cetainly brought many smiles into our lives:

I do remember your cat quilt Sue but am so glad to see it again. It is so purdy!
    As for the link for the scrap quilt is is just an idea. I did do it as my "Ender & Leader" project. It has gone together so much faster than any of the main projects that I have been making it with. LOL

Givo, I am thrilled that ya like the link. I'd love to see how your's is coming out.
    Bev

Oh My, I've been busy baking with my sister and FORGOT!!! Will do it right now...

Page 491 of 542 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 490 491 492 501 541 ... LastLast