Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 494 of 542 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 493 494 495 504 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Good morning and Happy New Year to all my friends. I've just caught up on the posts; I "lost" another week to vertigo. Of course, my PCP's office was closed all week so I'll call Monday and hope to get an appt. Hope yinz have survived this crazy weather--woke up to snow on the ground this morning for the first time this season. Does this mean lots of heavy snows to make up for none???? NO!! (I think I've mentioned how much I hate snow LOL).

Has anyone started a list of wanna do projects for this coming year? Every year I say I'm going to do a New York Beauty--hopefully this will be the year! (Altho right now all I'd like to do is sew a straight seam which is impossible with vertigo).

I wish you peace & joy for the coming year and lots more visits here in the virtual RV.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Happy New Year....the house is quiet and I'm working on EOY books this week...was great having DD and family here. I came home from work on Tuesday and everything was neat and tidy...we've been fixing meals for 13 so lots of food and dirty dishes...MrOK and I have been reaping the benefits as we finish the leftovers..think I have 2 meals to bank on...so I can work on numbers to my heart's content...actually making sure I have all the items in the proper accounts and my accounts balance..

Wonder what size Laurie's blocks will be this time?

I have a lot of UFO'S to finish and I want to work on my minis...kids liked their Christmas quilts hanging from the tree...sure looks bare now...

Need to have a bit of breakfast then head to the office....catch you later....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Her blocks will be 6" and probably be released in October'16 . based on stories from the Bible.

Happy New Year to all! I was excited to see the message about Laurie's new book....guess I need to get busy working on the 1930s one!! Good thing I don't need all the blocks for the quilt I am making.

My trip to Nolting this week was fun. Got to test drive a couple machines and and see how they are put together. My plan is to start with a Voyager 17/Hinterberg stretch frame w/stitch regulator set up they offer (they bought Hinterberg a few years back and all their inventory if I understood correctly). Eventually I would love to own a Nolting, but for now this will be a good starter machine. We are close to paying off braces for our 3rd child (last one) and then I can start really saving for the a new (to me) machine...it might take a couple years, but starting with this set up helps me have one a lot sooner than I ever thought I could.

This year I have plans to finish my "50 Fabulous Stars" quilts...I started the last block last night. I also want to get back to the FW 1930s blocks and a couple other UFOs....I am going to make a list today to see exactly what I have started. I will need to make a quilt for my nephew later in the year since he will be 5 in 2017...I am making all my nieces/nephews quilts around their 5th birthdays.

Happy New Year everyone. DH and I are nursing colds, so had an early night last night. I'm working on my Bonnie Hunter Mystery Allietore, which she revealed night before last. Also still plugging along with my 30's quilt. I finished a few more blocks that I need to post on the correct threads, but am not caught up yet on that either.

The news is all about the awful flooding in the Missouri area. We are finally expected to get some rain soon. Yeah, we really need it! We had a fire a little North of us, so rain on top of that will make for a messy freeway, I am afraid! With no ground cover on those hills, there will be landslides and flooding on the freeway going north. If that happens, it may stop all traffic going North on 101, a major freeway along the coast.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sounds like life continues with our family and friends, and that makes it a good year. Has it really been five and half years? Times past by so quickly when you are having fun, Honchey.

JanRN, hope you get to feeling better quickly. Carrie, I am looking at my to-do list and it gets getting longer. Cleaning up the quilt things to one room is confusing, because I know I had found 'it' and yet to find it again seems like mission impossible! Bought a couple of new calendars early, and failed to find them now I need them. LOL! I know where my fifty stars are all at that I started with the group, Carrie. Maybe some day I can finish them. Lost my Irish Mist that I had located...wonder where it went now? Found all my Stack'n Whack fabric and books....then lost one again. Have multiple rulers so I can keep track of them. One day at a time. Have a good day everyone.

Am I the only one confused??? I keep on thinking I have to post the new thread tomorrow and then realize I have several days to go.. The Holidays this year (Thursday & Friday) have messed me all up.. I am working all day tomorrow from 12 to 5 and I'll be bringing fabric to cut for some Carolina comfort quilts.. I finally found the purple I needed to finish a border on a Mystery I did with another group here on the board. I cut the purple I had the wrong size and I've been looking for over 1 1/2 yrs for it, all over wherever I went..I walked into the JoAnns where the Gallery is and turned my head to see the new American Made Fabric line and "Lo & Behold" it was staring me in the face.. I guess all of you know what that felling is like..I was the happiest camper in the camp!! I also have something else to tell you. I did it, I did it..I purchased Viking's newest top dog, the EPIC..I still get butterflies when I think about what I did..Now I have to figure out where to put it..It will fit into my sewing cabinet but I like to sew at an angle and there isn't enough room to angle it enough for my satisfaction..It will be going upstairs I think. I Have to take it out of the box in order for it to fit in the car...I think I'm crazy!!! H.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the new purchase Honchey....and yes I have been confused all week, too.

Carrie keep us informed on how you like your new machine....I just googled it for more info..I didn't realize Nolting was so close to us...I figured it was closer to DM...

Gotta get to work....

Hope everyone gets rid of the seasonal bugs...and the nonseasonal ones too, Jan.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Busy taking down all the Christmas decorations and tree today. It seems like a chore to put it up and then another chore to take it down. Guess I'm feeling my age!!!

Anne - so exciting to get a new sewing machine. Enjoy!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I've told you ladies: ALWAYS always know the date and day of the week---it's the first question you're asked in Alzheimer's tests!!!!! Just kidding--I've thought the last few days were Sunday, looked for the Sunday paper each morning.

Carrie how exciting to get a quilting machine. I'm very anxious to see your 50 Stars quilt finished--you used my favorite colors.

Anne--let me know all about the Epic; I'm drooling over it. My Viking Sapphire is about 6-7 yrs old but an upgrade wouldn't hurt a girl would it?

Jeanie & QNS, sounds like you're at least doing something productive (altho I'm more like QNS--when I clean my sewing room I can never find anything). I watched football all day yesterday and most of today--looked at my decorations but figure tomorrow's another day (altho the Steelers play tomorrow so maybe Monday LOL).

OK, are you still liking working outside the house? Is the shop near you or do you have a long commute? Any new batik lines out? I'm looking for very light blue or green batik to use as sashings for my FWS since it's so multi-colored.

Bev, how much snow did you get in Texas? I think you"ve had more than we have--we've had 1".

Remember, today is Saturday, Jan 2, 2016 in case anyone asks you LOL!!

Hey ya'll. I can't believe how crazy busy we all have been. It did snow in Midland last Sun. We got about 8" of snow. DH & I both agreed that we had never seen that much snow in Midland. We couldn't leave for Brady till Wed. My DB was in town so I did spend a ton of time w/him. Wed we came to Brady, DB & his family came a few hours later. DD met us here. We did see some snow along the road as we drove around the lake, but most of it was melted. They did say that they mostly got rain here but there was snow too.
    We have had a great time while here. We have played a ton of games, ate some great food, laughed a lot. DB & his family drove back to Springfield Missouri yesterday & today. They did stop in OK City last night. I was so glad to hear when they tested that they were home safe.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Jan, I finally figured out how to navigate on the Epic, learned a few things I had no idea it would do..The lighting on the machine is unbelievable..no shadows anywhere, larger bobbins, needle threading is amazing and it has WIFI !!..
    If you need to change a needle you can get your hands under the head without pinching them.. I'm bringing it home tomorrow..

They are offering 60 months free financing...

Anne, It sounds like ya are gonna have a wonderful time figuring out your new machine.
    Bev

Enjoy your new machine, Anne. Tell us more how you like it~ Enjoy ut fir ys, too.

I am behind, and bendier on FW blocks; not ready to post tomorrow. May be by Friday. Gringing up the mincemeat tomorrow. Should go to K. and get a new filter for the refrigerator.

Well, I got the embroidery arm up the stairs several days ago and now to get the machine out of the trunk & up the stairs without DH being informed yet ...Oh the noise I will hear from him!!!

I have to post the new thread now..Later

Made me think of many ways to hide new fabric bought without DH knowledge! Oh, did I ever enjoy anything more back then???? Like packing up the suitcase with fabric and putting all tlhe clothes into plastic bags. Don't think I really fooled him, but it did keep the peace for a while. No longer have the $$$ resources, so that ship has sailed into the blue. Trying to 'work up' the projects in the QR.

Blog Entries
    Laughing at you gals...I was never any good at hiding from MrOK...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hey Ya'll! I am back in Midland! I love hearing about ya'll hiding your stuff. DH doesn't care how I spend my allowance. If any thing is more than my allowance I talk to him anyway. Before he retired he never said no. I hardly ever ask now but he has only told me no once. (I do keep up w/the finances so I kinda know when we don't have the funds.) He does give me a hard time about buying sewing machines, but the last one he went w/me to get it. LOL
    Bev

I tried keeping my stash in my sewing room, but then I had to expand to the broom closet in the hallway. My husband never said anything about all those bags coming into the house. But then one day, we were looking for something in the broom closet, he opened the door, couldn't believe what he saw, 10 plastic boxes. It is a good thing that he didn't check out my sewing room! He couldn't believe all those boxes and he said:
    "My, you do have a lot of fabric!" But he still takes me to the quilt stores. So far, this year, I have only purchased 4 fat quarters!!!!!!! I only lasted 1 day without purchasing fabric in 2016. One day out of 5 isn't all that bad!
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

I had lots of fun at "Craftsy"just before Christmas.. they had a fantastic 70% off sale and just received the last box today..I'll be using some of it for "Carolina Comfort " I honest to God don't need anymore fabric..maybe just some of the discounted table & bin at JoAnn's when I go to work at the Gallery..I donate that to my sewing group in NC.

If they didn't manufacture such an infinite variety of darling prints there wouldn't be so many to admire and want to buy and bring home...

I read on the board here a memorable comment by someone who said she didn't have a fabric stash at home because her stash was at the fabric store. My thought about that was, that's a cool idea! However, that idea is for someone who is willing and/or able to pay full price and doesn't have any interest in unavailable out-of-stock or out-of-print prints. So-- an idea that doesn't fit for me...

Have to laugh about hiding fabric from DH's. Mine is just the opposite. I don't have a large stash and it's on open shelves in the Bat Cave stacked by color. MrJan vacuums (his only household chore LOL) and after vacuuming he says to me "I noticed your stack of red fabrics is shorter than the other ones; next time you go shopping you should get some more reds". Don't know if it was the color shortage he noticed or just the asymmetry of the piles but I assured him I'd take his advice LOL.

Jan--that is a good husband.

I don't need to hide my fabrics. I do our finances and my DH knows I won't buy if we don't have the money for it. Early in our marriage we set an amount that we talked to each other about before spending over...as income has increased so has the amount we can spend.

Sounds like you alll have understanding loving husbands. Mine comes from a different background; I knew his grandparents on his Father's side before I met him. Met his Mother's side later and attended a family reunion. It helped to understand him a little better. There are times like the last three months that are wonderful, full of harmony and thoughtfulness. Then the last three days have been very trying indeed. Lots of prayers offered up and reminded myself not to retort and prolong the argument. I did get the totes to finish the sewing room and his room. I do all the book work and figures and have for years. He cannot balance the checkbook without my help. But he does carry a checkbook and bank card to use for his 'needs'. Those projects will get finished this month. Next month planning the cover crops, rebuilding the A frame chick house and Hen pen for young chickens and guineas in March...April will be planting time for bushes and orchard trees. Off to fix his breakfast and start the day with a smile and high hopes.

Page 494 of 542 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 493 494 495 504 ... LastLast