Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 484 of 542 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 483 484 485 494 534 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Awesome as usual, OK. Love the contrast between light & dark--hard for me to do sometimes with scrappy. I think I'd use a narrow yellow binding without any more borders; it's striking as it is.

Bev, so sorry for the loss of a pet. It's been a year since we lost Patches and I still think I hear him walking around.

OK, I hope you get your bridge situation taken care of. I'm one block back from a state highway and they've been redoing the same 5 mile stretch since April (all new gas, sewer, electric, etc lines). A few times they've forgotten that people live back here and blocked off all access roads to the highway. Have to keep driving around all the back streets until they finally open an intersection to allow us out. We did find a shortcut thru the college campus but the campus police try to stop that access. I just play the dumb senior blonde and smile and apologize and they've let me thru. Sort of like my bathroom remodel: a temporary inconvenience for a permanent improvement LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

So sorry to hear of your family pet cat, Dublb. Remember all the good times and smiles she brought with her to share with you...its a good memory to hold in your heart of the beloved pet.

OK, another great mini quilt; colorful and refreshing. Every state is counting every penny to repair the roads and bridges within their borders. It is rather nice having our Shoal Bridge repaired near us.

I tried to make Em, but failed terribly failed the last several days...I may just pass on that block. Have a good day everyone. Its very foggy here, so will wait until it burns off to go pay our property taxes.

Dublb--Sorry to hear about your DS's cat. I am sure it will be different without her around.

OK--Wow! Another amazing mini. I don't know if I even keep scraps that small!

I am way behind on the FW 1930s blocks...other things have taken priority the last couple months...one day I will get back to them.

Here is the quilt I am making for my niece for her 5th birthday...I have until Thanksgiving to get it quilted.

Also I know I showed some of the embroidered blocks my husband's grandma made, that my MIL asked me to put together into a quilt. Well I just got it back from the LA quilter today and she did a great job! I'll share a picture of the quilt on the bed too once the binding is on it...but wanted to share this for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice and bright, Carrie....but I love what happened to those embroidery blocks....now it will be a beloved keepsake instead of blocks stuck in a box or sack somewhere to be forgotten and wondering who made them. Wonderful...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hi Ladies, I don't have a tendon problem with my calf. 22 yrs ag I suffered a very bad trauma to my right ankle. dislocated it , severed the 3 of the 4 tendons holding the ankle together and crushed the skinny bone that runs along side the main bone just above the ankle..the ankle joint came thru the skin of my legit was a real mess.. There was a 3 inch screw in my ankle holding it together and a 4 inch plate on the side of the crushed bone . Looking t the xray there's still a section of the split bone that sticks out like a point..I wasn't too happy seeing that. I was in a wheel chair for 3 months couldn't stand on it either.I hopped on my left leg for the most part wrecking my knee in the process that's why I had to have it replaced. after having the screw removed when I was able to stand on it I had months of physical therapy . now all these years later I find out that the calf muscle never fully recovered and has atrophied? to a point where I need PT all over again..the medication that I had taken for only three days can cause tendonitis & tears in the leg muscle..I think it just caused it to act up sooner than what it would have down the road.

So here I am in NC and I'll be going to find a place tomorrow to start PT therapy while I'm here.. I should be able to get 3 weeks worth while I'm here then go back to the Dr to get another script to continue back home..

We left NJ Monday afternoon & stayed overnite in Virginia.. We arrived here around 3 this afternoon...the car is unpacked and I went to Bingo tonite.. Darn it ! I didn't win...Now all of you know about my leg and it's problems..
    I have a ton of emails and pages of posts to go thru..love all the photos..didn't really read everything.. It's been a long 3 days for me..so I'll say good night for now..see Y'all tomorrow sometime..

OK, I think a border would be nice. It sort of depends what you are going to do with the finished project and how big you might like that project to be.
    Bev, 14 years is a long time to have a pet. I had a black cat (with white feet and tummy) and I remember him with a lot of fondness. I hope your memories of Sweet Blue comfort you.
    Carrie, great progress on the quilts! So fun to get something finished, isn't it! The FW blocks will wait. :-)
    Honchey, Whaaa, that's quite a story! You made me count my blessings.... You have a lot on your plate-- best wishes on your recovery!

Anne - at least you know what is wrong with the ankle, and what you need to do to repair it. I always feel better when I know a diagnosis, and "cure". Now you can get "on with it"! Sounds like painful PT you will be going through - so sorry you have to go through this. But we are so glad to have you back!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Honchey, ditto on what Givio and JeanieG has said above. It is nice to have you back on line with us.

I tried to do Em and failed big time. I will give it one more try....then skip it if it does not work. Somehow, my eye cannot do it. Made curtains yesterday instead for front door. They came out nice.

May today be a good one for all.

Honchey, I hope all goes well with the leg. It's good to know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Honchey, ditto on what Givio and JeanieG has said above. It is nice to have you back on line with us.

I tried to do Em and failed big time. I will give it one more try....then skip it if it does not work. Somehow, my eye cannot do it. Made curtains yesterday instead for front door. They came out nice.

May today be a good one for all.
    NS, which one is EM, you know I love a challenge lol..

The one after Dolly, the block I call Dotty because I used small dots on all the fabric used in the block. Its got as many 'freckles' as a redheaded child. And after Doris who is #29 so #30 is Em. Baking Cinnamon Rolls today, so not sewing....enjoying the kitchen today. Planning Chili Pot for Dinner time.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input on the mini...I think I am going to use a scrap green mini dot as a narrow border then 2" finished border that has a gold hue to it and then try to find a piece of green binding fabric from my scraps...LOL as I bet there's a similar shade in the packet I sent GrannyQ a while ago....never fear I have plenty to choose from. This is going to a sweet guild friend who cleaned out her scraps...she's in her 80's and finding it harder to sew. I know she will love it

Oh Anne..sorry about having to go through PT..but if it gives you relief it will help in the long run. Glad you can get started in NC with it...you know where you can go when you need to vent...

I've been working out side today....one would think I would have it all done with the beautiful fall we have had...Seems like I get started on one thing...and that leads to another and soon it's a domino effect of tasks to get done. MrOK will be in soon...what's for dinner?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I am knitting a zebra lol

NS I went to check the threads of the first Fw to see how they did Em and found no pics. I looked in 4 threads, no pic. didn't you all post pics?

Rosy, it will post next week...that is why I was working on it.

Baking Cinnamon Rolls today and our power went out! I panicked! It was not the guys next door burying an old school house, but the crew working down at the corner of Deerwood! Whew! Chili is cooking nicely and second batch of rolls are almost done.

Are you doing Em with PP or piecing? I have not got there yet, I'm still a little behind after being gone for two weeks.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hi, I partially pieced one of the future blocks awhile ago..I pp'd the strips then trimmed the sides to the seam allowance with the exception of the outside seam allowance. then...I removed all the paper except the outside pieces then sewed the strips together. I was able to nest the seams that were critical to them laying flat..it worked like a dream..Of course the machine & presser foot was set to sew @ 1/4"...This was a block that had lots of little squares..
    I don't remember which one it was...I'll be doing the rest of the little pieces trips that way.

We had the same patterned block in FW called corn and beans. I tried without pp, so I will try the pp. Do not care for the process either way. The one fourth I did was not straight anywhere... maybe by the time I try it again, I will be seeing better...on that day.

I am so sorry that I haven't been here yesterday. I was keeping myself busy so as to not think of the loss of Blue. I didn't even turn on my computer yesterday.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev :-( *hugs*

Hugs, Blue is in heaven.....

Thanks Ya'll. I am feeling better this evening. The house does feel like it is missing something. I was dragging around so much thismorning that DH thought I was sick. It took till afternoon to feel better.

I have started shredding again. We have boxes & boxes of DFIL & DMIL's financial stuff in storage. (We lost DFIL in '09 & DMIL in '12.) I am sure that we will eventually have to find a secure shredding place to take most of it but I will shred some of it daily till I get overwhelmed. I sure don't want to move all of that stuff.
    Bev

Bev, if you have a fireplace, we use that instead of a shredder for all our financial stuff. So much easier, and it is gone in a flash!

Jeanie I have a gas fireplace here in Midland. I don't think I want to add paper to that. The wood burning stove in Brady is dangerous for burning paper. My DGM caught the house on fire burning paper in it. DH & I are giving away kits for making his BBQ sauce. If any of ya want to try making a half batch please send me a PM w/your address & I will send ya a kit. We are looking for feed back.
    Bev

Grrr Why won't it let me turn my letters blue. & it keeps changing where I started a new paragraph! Grrr
    Bev

Page 484 of 542 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 483 484 485 494 534 ... LastLast