Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 384 of 542 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 383 384 385 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thank you QNS received all ok have a great day meeting Carrie.

I have to now get off this computer and do something constructive today
    Karen

I'm so excited that QNS & Carrie are gonna git ta meet each other! DD has ta leave early. Her DH found out that he has catch a plane & be on a rig in the Gulf, on Sun. They are gonna leave tamarrow so as ta have a bit o' time before he leaves. He needs ta see his parents before he goes out too. His parents just live around the corner from 'em.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Welcome Back, MiraB .... I'm anxious to see all your eye candy!

Here's to a FUN day!! ... CarrieM and QNSue
    What? ... not picking up our other Iowan quilters, GrannyQ and OKSGlad too?
    Or at least a tea break with them?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 06-26-2014 at 04:23 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I am looking forward to today too QNS

QE--OK lives even further north than I do and GrannyQ is in the western part of the state....maybe some day we can all meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I am looking forward to today too QNS

QE--OK lives even further north than I do and GrannyQ is in the western part of the state....maybe some day we can all meet up.
    I was thinking that they were probably out of range!
    Travel Safely!

Good to see you back Mirabelle and what a treasure trove of "snuggles" for children...

QNS & Carriem, have fun today on the FART....

I have decided to bring the patriotic fabric to my quilting group in NC and let them decide what to make for the "raffle quilt"...I am cutting stamps to start the Confetti Quilt...I will be using "patterned brights" with w/w background. We'll see how far I go with it...I would rather sew the little posties than sew strips & cut. I can make a bunch then sit, listen to TV & finger press them open ala BH style with the intersections open..I like the reverse side of my tops to be neat & free of threads....I guess when I was taught hand embroidery needs to be neat on the back as well as on the front it carried over into all my other crafts....

Have a good day everyone...the sun is shining and I'm going shopping today..picking up some notions for NC so I don't have to cart anything back & forth...We're leaving for NC on Monday for a couple of weeks...

Amazing mirabelle

I'd love to see the patriotic project end up on the Patriotic Thread here Honchey
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...e-t186260.html

Enjoy your day QNS and carriem

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    .........I'd love to see the patriotic project end up on the Patriotic Thread here Honchey
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...e-t186260.html ..................
    ^^^^Honchey^^^^ ... ^^^^Yes Indeed!!!^^^^^
    Also, you've brought back memories of embroidering as a child. Mom always maintained the same, the back had to look as good as the front ... and we were inspected for such!

It was great meeting QNS and another quilt board member today. They got to see the shop where I work and we had a nice lunch together. My 16yo DD joined us for lunch (she opted to go to the library while we were at the quilt shop).

It was a very busy wonderful day; we hit nine shops and traveled about 300 miles. Had to miss several because of the time ran out on us.

Yes, the highlight of the trip was meeting lovely Carrie and one of her darling daughters who was gracious enough to take our picture together in front of Connie's Shop. Have sent the photos to Carrie for her to help choose which one we post one QB.

Yes, my feet swelled up and I have 'fat' toes, so bed rest tomorrow for me....until the swelling goes down. Being a senior is not always 'fun' after breaking out and having a 'fun' day...there is a price I pay for it...but I would do it again in a New York minute.

I'm so glad QNS and Carrie got to meet each other! That is so much fun, after chatting together for a few years! Congrats you two!

Gee whiz QNS, 300 miles plus stopping at the different shops! Wow, that is a lot of traveling and shopping.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Sounds like Carrie & QNS had a great time meeting IRL. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all meet?

Thank you all for your nice comments on my DGDs quilt. I should have mentioned the block pattern is Cabin Lights from Quilters Cache.

Off to work, gosh I hate getting up this early! Have a great day, ladies.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I have heard from Carrie and she says photo three shows us all smiling and the sign, so its photo threeName:  1-DSCN0004.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  121.2 KBQB quilting buddies in Marion, Iowa. Wish all of you were there with us...It was a fast trip, in and out of stores, a quick look to see if we wanted to come back again. Sadly, some we would pass on and others we could browse by the hour to see everything. Rain poured down on interstate until it was a white out to drive in...that did move on out of our driving path. Wonderful company, enjoyed every moment of the scenery, tall corn, historic high lights and history and good food. And I stayed on budget and was not too tempted on the trip. Great driver who watched me carefully, so I would not take a tumble on uneven side walks. We had a great tour of Salem, our first stop, only to find out the quilt store was out in the country and not in the town. LoL! We did find it.

Prepare to spend hours in Connie's store to see everything. Wonderful variety there, I was sadly too tired to look very much. We found the best way in and out, and will return again someday, Lord willing.

Smiling faces visiting quilting places...What could be better than that?? Great photo!!!

Sounds like a grand tour for CarrieM and QNSue!!
    Lovely picture ... whom is the third person?
    Agree 300 miles must have been a whirlwind tour ... bet you were ready for a good sleep CarrieM after all that driving, including torrential downpours.

What we have not heard ........... what did you all buy?

Here's a summer-long Shop Hop in which most all of us can participate
    ... only 1250 stores!!!
    (sorry Anael and MiraB ... you will have to do it vicariously with us!)

http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/
    It looks very interesting ... at each stop, you get a pattern for a row of blocks.

How be we all gather our row patterns ... and share them with each other??
    So everyone .... start Hopping on July 1st!!!!!!
    And let's have some fun in the sun!!!!!!

Along with that, in Ontario we have the July Shop Hop ... many of the shops are in both.
    A new feature this year, at each stop we are to receive a kit and pattern for one block, free. Each shop has made a quilt of their own design from the blocks, so we will see 13 versions!! Will be interesting to see the different interpretations.

I'm hoping to get to all shops .... the more local ones I will catch, as it works with my schedule. The ones at a distance I will make it into a bit of a holiday, as I have in the past!

JanRN ... remember work pays for FARTs! that should keep you going!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 06-27-2014 at 07:33 AM.

Third person, QuiltE, is my quilting buddy who drive the three hundred miles on the circle from here, around and back home again. .. that I have mentioned several times in my postings. . .she loves to drive...and I am available when when her dh and friends are not...ready to travel.

It's summertime, time to step away from sewing every day...how many are doing the pp from QOTS newsletter....a quick monthly thing to do...

QE--I had the easy day. I just drove to Connie's in Marion and took the others to lunch...then back to their car and home again. I did a little shopping for another quilting board member and will taking that package to the post office tomorrow.

Correction on the mileage, it was 428 miles...it was the good driver and good company that made it seem shorter...but the nine shops was all we had time for before closing time at four or five on the last of the shops we hoped to visit. Gives us a place to start next year. No hopes of visiting all 94 stores in one month, however, although some people do plan and visit every shop.

Ohhhh, fun trip QNS, wish I could have joined you!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

There are a few shops in my areas that I can visit to get the "row by row"patterns.. Good idea QuiltE!!!

Sounds like a great day carriem and QNS. Would love to see a photo of your hauls.

QuiltE - Row by row sounds like an interesting shop hop. And I'm surprised the local hop is giving out their block kits for free. Fabulous. The last hop put on here had people running in, buying a kit, and running out. My friend and I went to every store, but we checked out what each store had to offer. A few stores hadn't been on the radar before but were afterwards.

And in my bursting at the seam news:
    Name:  PICT0635.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  371.4 KB
    When the owner told me Canada D'Eh was in the front window I didn't realize how prominent it would be. She also told me there is quite a large event planned for July 1 so people would see my quilt. They even gave me credit.

Name:  PICT0639.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  414.9 KB
    Here is the store front. The quilt in the other window is the store's version of the pattern I used for Canada D'Eh. They stuck a lot closer to the pattern than I did.

Love the display, w4me; so fitting as we approach our fourth of July...I love to see love of country and country colors displayed.

Not much to show for all those miles...three one yard pieces of red was ll that I bought. ...quilter 65 matched some fabric she was looking for...and we had our passports stamped at each shop....met with Carrie...and had a late lunch with her and ran out of time on the working quilting store day to see any more. It was as near perfect day as life can get as far as I am concerned. Purpose was to see a variety of quilt stores which we did...and more since we got to met Carrie, see alot of country and have good conversation and a good trip.

Beautiful smiling faces to greet my day with, how wonderful, sounds like you had a lot of fun..

Yes Quilte I will have to live vicariously through all of you with your shop hops and row by row patterns, I am so jelaous, stamping feet on floor jealous But I do like your idea of sharing the patterns. Maybe that could be our next project together.. Oh no I just did not say that, gotta finish the cupboard full of ufo's first

I have started putting my 50 stars together, so here are the first 4 rows, not the best picture but it is too large to the design wall.
    Have a great day everyone, I have a date with Sylvia today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Mirabelle, that is an all star quilt for sure; love your slashing... yellow stars. So bright.

Quilting on the Square has foundation paper piecing pattern in its newsletter that would be nice for all of us to do and use up our scraps...it comes in the newsletter for free delivered to our computers. Just a thought....for all of us. No limit on where we live with it...

Page 384 of 542 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 383 384 385 394 434 484 ... LastLast