Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 434 of 542 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 433 434 435 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Honchey, it depends upon the batting, how close the ties are....we used old bankets inside they were about four to five inches apart. If the batting reads three inches apart...its three inches. I could not find any large darning needles to tie one last few years, and finally found my old one I had saved from DGM sewing things.

Sorry about the water damage, JanRN. Been there with the whole downstairs in CC....had to call in the Pros to clean it up...and replace all the flooring. It was caused by a 'break' under the kitchen sink dh had failed to seal it in the seams after working on the pipes.

Icy outside, today. Dh just said "do not go outside this Morning!" Temp is up to 32 degrees, so it should melt very soon. Warmer temps all week...time to sun bath?

Blog Entries
    Well yesterday must've been the pits for us all. A new weather system came through bringing some moisture. My body and joints were so sore while at church. Two other of the ladies were the same. After grocery shopping, I came home put the perishables away and took a long nap...and still hurt when I woke up. Much better this a.m., but that can change. Highlight was the thrilling, winning BB game after the team had lost two games earlier.

Rip it...Rip it...do I hear frogs heralding the arrival of spring...no it's just A&J and a Monday of mistakes.....Why do some days just go wrong from the beginning?

The new mom loved the quilt..baby's room is pink and gray with the chevron pattern used all over.

The poly would work great for what you want to do Honchey. Most of the quilts we make at church have that type of batting and are tied. The distance between ties varies depending on the size of squares. Poly isn"t going to shift like cotton batting. Squares could be any where between 4 and 8". Tying can be done in the center or the seam intersections. Oh and with flannels, this would be so cozy....

Have a good one..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'll gather & cut the squares then go upstairs to check on the batting to see what it says...

I didn't have enough of the 2.5" squares of some of the colors to cut down for the 1" square for the knot so I cut one square diagonally twice to get the 2 pieces to use for the knot..I should have used a ruler & rotary cutter but I did this all sitting and watching TV..I figured there has to be a way I could do this but I still had to pin & flip the triangle to get them all lined up matching the same.. After these get sewn together I'll be using EQ7 to get the PPing pattern for the next set of blocks which are 4" baskets...the bowties are 3" then come the 3" houses..

OK, now I know why you like to make minis...They are fun and after they are done it's a satisfaction factor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are so cute, Anne. I have all the QOTS minis done, just waiting for March's blocks. I think I'll add some more to make the quilt larger, plus, like you I just love making them. That OK is a bad influence LOL.

OK I used to laugh at my grandmother when she's say "my knee hurts, rain's coming". Now I think I can predict the weather based on where my aches and pains are. Today is an achey day and yes, rain (lots of it) then snow (lots of it) are coming.

Thankfully no damage to anything with the leaky pipe. Funny thing was, a large Kleenex box was just below the leak and absorbed tons of the water. The Kleenex box must have weighed 5 pounds!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

It's starting to snow lightly outside...very darkish clouds..ice then rain later...29* right now..

more of the Bitty Blocks to show..I didn't want to waste the little triangles so I added them to other hopefully colors that they go with...I'm supposed to have 20 of these bowties but there's only 18....2 are in this house somewhere

Blog Entries
    Oooh, I like the fancy two toned ties...Oh so wonderful to know I have a couple more converts to the let's see how small I can go movement.

Moving much better today....MD pleased...BP. 120/68 and a weight loss...not much, but a loss is a loss..

Thank goodness for Kleenex.....glad you were home when the break happened, Jan.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

HEy Ya'll I have been at the hospital w/myDSis the last few days. She has a sinus infection but it is complicated w/her asthma & she is a smoker. I took her on Sun AM. I have also been takin' care o' her dogs. Feedin' 'em twice a day.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

You are truly a wonderful sister, aunt, daughter, great-granddaughter, etc. to all your relatives dublb! You are amazing!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Remember Bev, that you need to take care of yourself too! Don't spread yourself too thin....

Blog Entries
    So right, Honchey and Jeanie. Once in a while we need to be a little selfish and take care of ourselves, Bev.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Huggs ya'll for all o' your care. I am gonna go ta bed in a few mins. It's a couple o' hours earlier than usual.
    I do have a large family. It's one o' the reasons that I don't want move ta Brady just yet. I guess I am the usual one ta take someone ta the hospital for a variety o' reasons. I take handwork ta the hospital as I don't sit well anymore. It can make all the difference in how I feel when I come home. I will also point out that when I have "hospital duty" DH is a dream & does a ton o' my regular chores (Just not laundry as I am kinda OCD about my laundry)
    I did pick my DGN up th's afternoon. I don't understand why he has homework durrin' testin' week! It's too hard a week ta have homework also!
    I was gonna let him call his Nana at the hospital when he finished his homework but he didn't git finished. He worked real hard ta git done but just couldn't pull it off. I hope his DM let him call her.
    Bev

Each student works at their own pace, Bev. It takes some a lot longer than others. Unfortunately, some teachers do not take that into consideration...they teach to the 'middle' or 'upper' part of the classes...with a large student load dumped on them. One teacher I knew had 40 students in sixth grade to teach. Our eldest daughter took a while to do her homework, and she was very smart. Youngest daughter inhaled the knowledge and sped through her homework and got what the teacher was saying the first time. DS was the that way, too. Principals would say to us, your child is doing fine, I passed through the class and they had their work all done and was reading a book. I was upset, because they read books at home and was going to school to learn from their teachers, but had to consider the scope the each child's learning abilities so I had to re-think the situations. It would be interesting to know what percentage the teacher is giving the homework as part of his grades. Homework needs to be drill to learn a new concept, not to 'keep' giving them 'busy' work. Sometimes its just a check mark, yes or no, if they did their homework. Sorry, everyone, I will get off my soapbox now.

Everyone have a good day. Spring is just around the corner....hoping we can find that corner to turn on soon....revisiting my childhood, "Are we there yet?"

Oh say it isn't snow!!! another 6-8" expected tomorrow.. Now I have to go out today to the LQS..I need little prints on white on white... We have a new Hobby Lobby and maybe I'll see if they have something I like...then on to the farmers Market to get some greens for salad tonite..see if they have corn on the cob..Kids tonite for dinner and a special request from Tommy for corn on the cob...Better leave soon..time flys when your shopping for fabric.

Nina, your photo depicts exactly how DH feels about the snow..
    quilt
    I bought 2 fabrics for the Mystery quilt.. I'll show you all tomorrow ..I'm too lazy to get up right now

Sue, I agree that DGN needs ta do homework. He is behind & needs a lotta catchin' up. (That's why he is comin' ta my house.) My problem is this is test week. They will be takin' the TEKS test. (Hmmmm I think it is still the TEKS) Anyway I have never seen a teacher give kids a spellin' test durrin' the test week nor for that matter any homework durrin' test week. I don't think she is gradin' the math anyway. Sigh he doesn't need any kind o' busy work he needs a rest durrin' this hard week. Alright I'll git off o' my soap box now too. LOL
    Anne, I can't wait ta see what ya got. I am so glad that ya got it all before the snow dumped on ya!

I had a crazy day. First I got caught up on a lotta stuff here at the house. Then I went ta feed my DSis's dogs & let 'em outside. It was a lovely mornin' at 54*F. No wind either. I came home & washed dished & other stuff. I called my DSis & she said that she was asleep & didn't want me ta come up there. So I headed out ta run some errands. As I stepped out the door I turned right back around ta git my coat as the temp had dropped 20*! Then as I was about a block away it started lightly rainin'. DSis's dogs sleep inside & have no real shelter in the yard so I headed back ta her house ta let the dogs in. After that I ran my errands & then it was time ta pick up my DGN from school. We studied hard. As his DM picked him up it started sleeting! Yikes! I didn't want ta be on the road once they got slippery so I went back ta DSis's house ta let the dogs out for a min. then ta feed 'em. When I got there I realized that even though I had let 3 dogs in earlier there were only 2 dogs in! The li'le one had snuck back out back & was drippin' wet. He is about 3 years old but is just a li'le thing. I bet he only weighs 5 lbs! I know that he weighs less than my cats anyway. Poor baby was drippin' wet & shivering. I dried him off right away. I did call DSis ta let her know & she said that he plays a game o' sneekin' back out as the other 2 come in. He wants her ta go out lookin' for him as he then sneeks back in. I bet he won't do that w/me again. I then came back home as DSis didn't want me on the roads even ta see her. DH & I had left over Baked Chicken for supper.
    OOPS I wrote a book!

Bev

I enjoyed your book, Bev--I start my mornings here catching up with everyone. I have cabin fever so bad!! My car keeps getting plowed in, the white landscape is starting to drive me insane, and today everything is frozen solid from the ice storm we had last night and now it's snowing on top of it. At least I'm getting a lot of sewing done, finishing UFOs and starting new things. I'm getting so much better at quilting on my Sweet 16 (after 2 years of looking like a kindergartner I've advanced to maybe 2nd grade LOL).

It's snowing, it's snowing,
    The old man is blowing,
    Bumped my head, on the bed
    and I can't get up in the morning!

Having my coffee & english muffin then I'll take the pic of the fabric..

Good News, warmer weather after today! We turn the corner here after today! That means you ladies will also get warmer weather in the East coast. Up to almost 70 degrees next week. Get your sun bathing suits ready!

I enjoyed your 'book' Dublb. I would ask the principal why (or have some one ask) homework on test week, 'cause it was never allowed where we was in Texas. Maybe it was a drill to help him to remember so he could do the test better, but that is illegal to do also, especially if she had looked at the tests ahead of time.

Honchey and JanRN, we need pictures on what you have done...please share with us your pieces WIP.

Blog Entries
    -6 right now..just read a farm weather forecast and we are to have another late spring. Sure just what we need.

I'd say getting proficient at the Sweet 16 is your silver lining to this winter Jan. Honchey remembers old nursery rhymes, QNS predicts the weather, Jeanie soaks up the sun, Bev hones her writing skills...let's call it a novella...short, interesting quick read

GS heading to DM and state BB Tournament to support HS girls. They won first round Tuesday...

Planning a winter get away up north next week. Going to watch the Grands for a few days. Have office work to tend to today. Have a good one.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Hi Guys, 8th Mystery: I like the green better than the purple for the sashing..what color do you all like..What color for the stars..

The second photo is of the fabric for the 9th Mystery. I have to make 4.5" half square triangles with the gold & maybe/or the blue and the others...I'll have to cut & then play with the different combinations...or should I use w/w for the 1/2 sq triangles with all of these fabrics??

snow being it is snowing 5"already I will get to cutting... see you later H.

update: now it's 6-12" expected! wheel barrel by what's left of 4 cords of wood this year..

Last edited by Honchey; 03-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Anne, I love all the snowy photos! Of course, we don't have snow here! But it is so beautiful - I know you are all sick of it, but for me, I think I could sit back and watch it snow for a long time. (Probably one season would do me in, especially the amount you have had the last couple of years.)

I think I like the purple better than the green on your sashing. Like I said on the other thread, beautiful Christmas fabric!

Dublb - I always enjoy reading your postings. You are always so busy and helpful to your family.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jeanie, when the blocks were laid out at the LQS I loved the purple with it..then after going to Hobby Lobby the green caught my eye...Maybe green for the stars Hmmm..

I also love to watch the snow falling but when there's an accumulation it hinders me from driving in it..the snow gets on the car and I hate when it all melts in the garage and gets the floor all wet...I normally get the broom and brush most of it off and have to do that all around the tire wells and it's a PITA!

Jan, You must be a happy camper with the last QOTS blocks...more for you to make!!!

Anne, if you have to chose just one color border, I like the green. Is there a way to mix them or use them like an Attic Window border? I like those colors together. Maybe the green border with purple stars? And yes, I am so happy to get the last of the QOTS minis. And she's starting another year's worth next month. I'm going to do these ones then add 9 of my own to make my quilt. I did them scrappy. Maybe I'll do next year's in batiks.

I'm not a happy camper today. Tried to get to my car. Need mountain climbing gear to get over the almost 3 foot high icebergs that are up against the curb. Then I need scuba gear to get thru the large puddle that formed around that. But at the bottom of the puddle is 2" of ice. Then I need cleats on my shoes to walk on the road to get in my car!! Guess who didn't go anywhere today!!!! Jeanie, come for a visit LOL!!

Page 434 of 542 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 433 434 435 444 484 534 ... LastLast