Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 424 of 542 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 423 424 425 434 474 524 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

DH & I went ta my DM's house taday & DH cut down a large branch that was hangin' from her tree. He used his extendin pole saw & it almost didn't reach. It sure was hard for him ta cut it down. We didn't want him ta use a ladder as we weren't sure which direction it was gonna come down. Once it was down' he was able ta use the chain saw & he quickly got it all cut up. Well that's one more chore he won't have t ado later.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

38* and raining all day.. very quiet day..no kids this week.. watched a football game.. the team I wanted to win lost.. sorted thru some more scraps.. just a ho hum day....then I found a note that Esther enclosed with the heart she made from our mystery exchange.. it brought a smile to my face.. Her handwriting is very similar to my mom's..at first I thought it was a note from my mom..

Looking forward to photos of your new sewing area Carrie.

I like your new avatar Jan.. it's strange that QOTS never did a quilt layout for the Spikes.or did they??? I don't remember..

Ok, I know it's going to be a bad day when I start dropping things...

Bev, Both DH & myself have to hold the ladder for each other when we're on them after a ladder collapsed with DH on it..I was in the house and heard a loud thud..i went outside and found him on the ground and the ladder bent in half...What a scare that was..I asked him why he didn't holler..he said he wasn't hurt so there was no need to..Men!!!

QNS, hope you're not hurting too much..

Well it's almost time for Downton Abby to come on so I'll check out for now..H.

I must say that taday has been beautiful. I wish all o' ya'll could have as lovely a day as we have here in Midland. Just lovely!
    DH changed the spark plugs in my "newsd" truck. He will usually do that when we git a "newsed" auto.
    Then we tried ta take the limbs ta the temporary drop off only ta find out that it was very temporary. There were big chippers choppin' up the wood that was there. I think they could have let more people drop off their wood as we saw while we were in that area (about 10 minuets) 9 pick-ups full o' wood tryin' ta find a place ta drop off the wood. Clearly not enough time for it ta be open.
    Eventually we just came home & Dh started watchin football. I have no interest anymore as my Texans aren't playin'. I've got ta have a dog in the fight. So I went ta Hancocks. I have found out that there is a JoAnns in Odessa so I thought about headin' that way. I called DH ta give him a heads up & he said that #1DSon was at our house so I came home. I watched some quiltin' video's on UTube & we had supper. DH cooked a big pot o' beans taday!
    Again I wish ya'll as nice a day as I have had taday.
    Bev

Thanks for all the good wishes my way. My right jaw is so sore from the biopsy he took there. It overshadows the pain from the left nose where they took a chunk out. Yes, my left eye is swollen a bit, but its not too bad. Think I am healing pretty good there 'cause he is an artist cutting out and sewing up the area. Takes a quilter to appreciate his artistry!

So the girls who took me did not get to go to Ames, Iowa to Hickory Park, so we have rescheduled that trip for a day in June during the Iowa Shop Hop. Maybe some other Iowa PCers could meet us there as well....may be. Something to think about.

It feels so good to have the worst behind me and not ahead of me. Not worried about the trip back on Friday, what will be, will be. Now I can get back into the quilting room and do some serious damage to my stash and UFOs full time. May you all have a good day. Especially JanRN, who does not have to go to work today...just what mischief can she get into today???

Blog Entries
    Good morning. QNS, hope the discomfort indicates healing. Will take a rain check on the June trip. It's my favorite month and also one of the busiest with hay making and county fair. No I don't exhibit, but have a great deal of volunteer commitments. It's always been this way for me. Ah Hickory Park..DS and DDIL made the pilgrimage when they went to a Cyclone BB game on NYEve. Such great food. Big win for them Saturday. I folded clothes and cut up those old sox and T shirts. Honchey good suggestion for the T shirts, but not sure how well these worn out kind would work...LOL They get taken down to the barn to be used as milking prep towels and washed daily in the barn washer/dryer. Some T shirts I will just cut in half up the middle and sides to make 4 big pieces and take them to the shop, nail them to a wood upright post and use for "towels"

We're all waiting to see the new clubhouse. Please post pictures when you are done, Carrie.

I too took time to watch Downton Abbey. Afraid if I lived in that time and place I would be more like Mrs Patmore...but couldn't cook. "And then where would you be?" as she so often says. I had 30 quilt blocks that needed the loose threads removed.

Okay back to the office....have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok, that is used T-shirts??? Or the thirty quilt blocks??? With my eyes it could be either one.

Missed a call from the skin doctor and called back but they would pull my chart and call me back. Mmmmm they called me. ??????? time will tell.

Have a great day.

OK, Your T-shirts remind me of the times DS's friends would stick their finger in a teeny hole in his t-shirt and tear it to make bigger holes..

Nina, hope the call will be good news..

Confusion at the Dr.'s office. Biopsy was cancer so they will remove the cells from the right side of the nose and under my right jaw, nurse that called did not know I was scheduled for this Friday. The right jaw place is hurting, so I am spraying Bactine on it. Hopefully, I will be done and good to go for six months to a year. Nice to get it all behind me, so I can have a better year; a rough being of the year, means a good finishing year.

Not much rain this month so far, so guess that means another dry, dry year to grow any garden. One more warm day, and the temps go down a bit for the week...I guess. Weather man or woman does not live here, so wait and see what happens. Take care, everyone.

Oh Sue, I am still prayin' for ya. HUGGS
    Yesterday I got out my top that I made outta the first swap we had. LOL I thought I had the back sewn tagether. Nope. I also had a spot that part o' the border wasn't attached. I had ta take part o' it out & fix it. Well I now have that fixed & the 2 pieces o' the backin' pressed & ready ta sew tagether. I did git a bit teary when I saw the block that Gardner Gal made. I also realized that the Celtic Knot quilt design that #1DSon drew for me was a touch too big so I had ta git it reduced on my copy machine. I plan on doin' SID between the blocks on my machine then I will hand quilt each o' the blocks. I have wanted a hand quilt project for quite a bit now & this one is just for me.
    Bev

I have not gone to the barber or beauty shop since last of October, and my hair is about four inches longer than I like so we are off to treat ourselves to a hair cut today. Joy. take care and have a good day.

You, have a good day Nina, you deserve it!

Snowy & sort of cold here (30* which isn't too bad) so have been sewing a lot. Found the patterns from QOTS they had a year or so ago, Compass Stars so I've been making some. I really don't need more 12" blocks but they're pretty neat.

Hair cut---wow do I need one. We don't have a humidifier on our furnace so there's so much static electricity. And my hair is so long and fuzzy I look like Jimi Hendrix in drag. I have bowls of water on some of the radiators but it really doesn't help much.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I need a hair cut also! It'll be a bit before I can git one as I spent my haircut money on battin'. LOL
    We are always' findin' stuff about this house. Last wek we noticed a pipe on the heater. It occured ta us that it was for a humidifier. So we looked at one o' the switches that we don't know what they are for. It had percentage numbers & was near the heater closet so we set it at 30% & boy do we both feel better.
    Bev

Jan, Get yourself a steam humidifier and keep it going.. it really helps.. I have 2 of them going especially on bitter cold days when the humidity is very dry outside & when we have the fireplace going .

I am working all day tomorrow.. I hope the roads are nice & clear. I am bringing my scrappy squares in to starch, press & cut for the mystery train ride.. I am almost behind.. I had to dig deep in the pile to get 24 lights...I'll take some pics tomorrow.. I hope to have fun.. I'm working for one of the gals that suddenly took ill.
    See ya tomorrow H.

I hope ya had a great day at work taday Anne.
    It's snowin' taday. Not hard & it's not accumulating a'tall. It means moisture! Yeah! I am a bit worried about the roads tamarrow. It is supposed ta freeze tanight.
    My DNiece came th'smornin' & we worked on her projects. Other than that I have been hibernatin'. Well until it was time ta go & git my DGNephew. LOL I guess I have been on Aunt duty taday.
    Bev

Got an email from Quilt in a day and got a free pattern/free shipping..YAY

Had a good day yesterday..worked on scraps, starched, pressed & cut all that I brought in...just one sale...very slow day..I enjoyed myself walking around the store looking at all the new stuff and talked to some customers..

DH had MRI and CT scan this morning and we hope it went well..this was to set up the final 5 procedures hopefully staring the end of next week...
    We're filling up the wood box so we can be comfy over the weekend.. snow & lots of rain expected..I want to do some serious sewing.
    Sun is shining right now and have errands planned for the rest of the afternoon so I better be on my way...H.

It sounds like a real nice day at work for ya Honchey. We had snow yesterday but it is meltin' taday.

My prayers are goin' out for Sue taday. Isn't it another day for her ta see about gittin' the last cancer cells taken off?
    Bev

Yes, Dublb, I am now cancer free. Five stitches on right side of my nose. Younger nurse this time, did not get the gauze quite right and its draining back into the corner of my eye some. Good until six months when they check it again. Tired. It will be an early night tonight.

Will see regular doctor on Monday; have lost enough weight that my BP pills are too strong, need to be adjusted down in strength. Without medicine it was 126 today. Had to leave so early this morning that it was still dark...seen three deer in MO., and 3 more just inside my hometown that crossed in front of us. Thank goodness dh sight is better than mine and he missed them all.

Anne, sounds like a great deal from Quilt in a day and at work. Do stay warm and cozy with bad weather outside.

Great news, QNS!!! Prayers answered.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Yes, QNS, I know just how you feel, except my Dr. had me coming back in 3 month intervals for a whole year after my Melanoma and Basil Cell surgeries. I'm on 6 months now as well. I go back next month for another screening. So glad this episode is over for you!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Cancer free is wonderful! I am so happy & gonna break out in ta my happy dance!
    Bev

Good News Nina, so happy for you;;

This is what I did at work yesterday..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh we are all doing the "happy dance" QNS! And the BP down, too. When I reduced meds about 2 years ago I really started feeling better overall. Also need to loose a few more# and then I could reduce even more...a good goal to go with stash reduction.

Like the scraps, Honchey. Better go and cut mine...

Hi Jeanie. Hope you're enjoying the sun shine.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

the snow has fallen and we have about 2"..the freezing rain/sleet is to follow so I'm glad I went to the store last nite for bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today...making sausage & peppers for dinner tonite.
    I'm going to play with my squares today and probably sew some today..
    UGH! DH just told me more snow to come thru on Monday.. Jan is your area included? I'm getting tired of all this dreary cold weather..I want the sunshine!!!

With those lovely scraps, Honchey, you can make some sunshine inside your sewing room! Call up your pilot and fly to Hawaii for the week...of sunshine and sand. Surf one whole day and sent us pictures. If our virtual jet was real, we could all meet you there! LOL!

Feel like both eyes are at half mast today, no action for me in the sewing room for several more days. In time, I will get in there to do serious damage to the stash and UFOs. Plan only one day in June at the Iowa Shop Hop. Don't need any more fabric, need to finish the UFOs....mmmm, I do have yellows to make bright sunshine in there.

Stay warm all, and JeanieG enjoy that sunshine for us too! Have some fun, everyone.

Page 424 of 542 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 423 424 425 434 474 524 ... LastLast