Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 324 of 542 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 323 324 325 334 374 424 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

A break wouldn't hurt a bit. I know I won't be wanderin' away from ya'll anyway.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I am for a break also. I want to get caught up and get some of my quilts that need quilting quilted!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Carriem there are only two more SYE blocks to be posted on the QOTS website but I think we are going until March, as we had December off.

I am going to go with the consensus of the group on what to do next, I am just happy to sew with great friends. I would just cry my heart out if we disbanded (very dramatic right), take some time off to finish projects, always a good idea. We have lots of time and heaps of ideas to float around. By the time SYE is finished, MB's are made into beautiful quilts and BB's (still haven't made mine into a wallhanging) are all finished the year will be half gone

And as always we have other projects to share with each other.
    Karen

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh QuiltE, your 4PP is gorgeous ! ! ! ! !

We will stay together as a group, won't we? Even if we all would go our seperate ways, we always come here to tell our stories and listen to the stories of our friends! I don't want to miss you all ! !
    Though I didn't make the MB's, I vote for a break too. We could make our own BOM with blocks we pick ourselves. We can do that, can't we? Would be fun
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael...beautiful quilts for the birthday! The back of Bram's looked like you intended it to be that way.
    QuiltE...your latest is breath taking. Favorite colors for me too.
    DD...so happy you have sewing to use for destressing. Beautiful things often come out of pain.
    Mirabelle....be careful...you have a reset button somewhere that you will accidentally bump and you will be off to the races again. Enjoy the lull and just putter.
    I too vote for a break. I have BB, and will have the mystery blocks and SYE to put together. I have a couple of BOMs started for the year, some scrappy sewing, and several UFO's in project boxes plus the flimsies to quilt. I do enjoy checking in daily even when I don't comment just to see what's going on in your world. You have all challenged me to improve my skills. I agree with Mirabelle too....all of the blocks I've received have been very well done but I do admit that I didn't always send the first one I made because it wasn't good enough.
    My car is now running but with the bad weather, I didn't miss it too much. I've had to postpone a couple of hair appointments and am just about ready for a dog tag though. It was 34 degrees this morning! A heat wave. Rain is forecast the next several days so snow is melting and we are preparing for flooding along the river. Chicken stew to make for the weekend. Have a good day everyone!

BTW. I didn't download the compass blocks!
    Going to run some errands now to get my new crockpot going!!!! Won't be home for dinner tomorrow though So I'll have to wait till Sunday for my first crock meal

Thanks for the positive response to my 4PP ... I kind of like how it's a dark quilt, yet the bright splashes from the poseys! Now to start thinking of how to quilt it ... the inner 4PP and purple block is 5-1/2" square and with the green or black added it's 7-1/2". So any quilting suggestions are welcomed. I'm not going to be going at it for awhile, so have lots of time to think it thru.

I'll toss out this idea ....... there seems to be a lot of "I-want-to-finish-PhDs" being said here, in various ways.

What if????? ........... we each post our quilty goals for the month. It might be to complete to flimsy stage a specific project? or make one block a week for x quilt? or finish up a quilt (or six or eight for Anael!)? or to organize their stash? or even to start a new quilt!!!! For those who have a busy month ahead, they might not even have a quilty goal for the month, knowing there is no time for such. And of course, many other possibilities!

Accountability helps me get things done. So putting it in black and white here on the thread, would encourage me along to make it happen ... and of course, your support and nudges would make sure I stayed on task. Would it help each of you???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

there are still 13 left on my UFO list so I could do that for 2 months.
    I like this idea of posting our goals, quilty or other ones.

Blog Entries
    Like GGal I've been peeking in and watching from the sidelines. But QE's suggestion sounds great. Personally I'm part of the UFO challenge on the board and being accountable to you guys will provide me more incentive. One of the UFO's was a certain siggie block--is it there yet? Like GGal I have all those blocks to make into quilts. And we will always come up with something new (like QE's 4PP--lovely-delightful). While mirabelle gets back into the swing we have Anael sewing with renewed health and vigor. Okay back to Bob Cratchit's stool. Have a great day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... that 4PP was far from NEW!!!!!!!

Evidence is right here ..................
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t114772.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...y-t114907.html

Take a look at the dates ... and see what an influence the QB had on me right from the beginning!

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I have enjoyed looking at all the pretty quilts you gal's have all made. I also won't be able to commit to anything for awhile. I have finished my 33 radiation treatments. It seemed to take forever because we had to drive 55 miles round trip for these. Next monday my DH has to start another chemo treatment, don't know how he will react to this one. The last one in November he ended up in the hospital for 11 days, and I sure am worried about that happening again. Now I'm on medication for the next 5 years, don't care for that either. But I'll go with the flow and see about side effects on whether to continue or not.

I put my quilts that I have done for DG's and placed my pony quilt on top and decided I need to make one more row of blocks to make it a queen size. Will try to get them done soon if I can. I still have to finish quilts for 3 more grandsons. I would like to give the quilts to them for Christmas this year, so will see about that.

I still want to keep in touch will all of you, your prayers and thoughts are very helpful, and I really care about all of you and your surgery's and things that you go through. Thank you all so much and take care.
    GrannyQ

Great idea, QuiltE. I wouldn't have finished quilting Rosie if I hadn't posted here I was going to do it. I guess I need to be held accountable to get things done. If I tell yinz what I need and plan to get done, I just might get more projects completed. Altho I am laughing--everyone has all these great projects going. I have 2!! I feel like an underachiever LOL. I will have to add my MB quilt and SYE when those BOMs are complete and I have DearJane (and QE) lurking in the background. Hmmm..guess I have more to finish than I thought!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

GrannyQ, good to hear from you again. I hope your husband will be ok after his chemo, it's nasty stuff!!
    You can have my PC blocks if you want, they're stuffed away in a box here. I would love to send them to you.
    Big (((HUGS)))

GrannyQ, your always in our thoughts and prayers. Glad your treatments are finished. Please keep up updated on you and your DH.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Personally, I think QuiltE has a good idea; we all are so over whelmed with things its hard to pick out the tree from the forest for me right now. But I do not want to give up the warm fuzzy friendship we have with one another here; it keeps me balanced with all the joys we celebrate together and in the virtual RV in a united ring of prayers and hugs for those in need...I sent mine out to GrannyQ and her Mr. with best hopes and wishes for this month.

QuiltE were you reading my mind I was going to suggest we all fess up and write down a list of our ufo's that we have (I'm a list kind of girl) and pick one and work on it to completion. With a cheer square we are sure to accomplish a lot. Oh and I don't mean the BOM's we are currently working on, I mean blocks, tops and PHD's in the deep dark recesses of our cupboards

GrannyQ it is lovely to hear from you, you and your DH are in my prayers, please keep us up to date.

I posted my Scrappy Stars to the longarmer on Thursday, she rang me yesterday (Friday) to discuss design and thread and has just rang me 8.30am Saturday to say it is finished yay. Will pick it up next Friday when I am in town then next weekend the binding will go on and I will have my first finish for 2014. Yesterday I cut block 10 for Out of the Darkness and managed to sew a 5 inch square together which had 26 pieces in it, there are a gazillion pieces in this block so that is what I will be doing today, and listening to the wonderful sound of rain...
    Karen

The surgeons office closed today because of bad weather and never bothered to call me...I now have to wait until Tuesday to see him...Grrrrrr....

It seems to me that quite a few of us are in a state of mind where we need some recharging and the best solution to that is to take a break from any group effort right now and work on things that we need/want to do..we can have a sort of show & tell of what's doing in our sewing room...

I'm working for the next three days being I can't leave to go south...I don't remember if I mentioned that...

There are sections A,B,C and D for this Out of the Darkness block.

This is section A, it as taken me hooouuurrrrssss to make
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

First I want ta say how much ya'll mean ta me. I come here several times a day & read what Ya'll are doin'. & the last place I come is here. I know I don't post ta each o' ya like I used ta but know that I'm goin' through all o' your lives w/ya. HUGGS! If we do nothin' tagether I'll still come & catch up w/ya'll. I do like the idea o' listin' what we are doin' & git 'em done tagether.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh Mirabelle - you have many of my beloved "fusions" in this quilt. I just love how they are playing out. QuiltE will be in heaven too!!!

OK Mirabelle - I'll make a list of what I have to work on! I'll have three more to add to the list before too long! (MB, Spike Blocks, Celtic Solstice Quilt)
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-10-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I love the no stress or pressure or time dead line times. Yes, I have my lists too, its not changed that much. Irish Mist, two versions, 50 Stars, which I love doing one a week, ON and OFF Sylvia Wedding Sampler, and Dear Jane, two versions will be a big challenge to work on. Mix in finishing the MB and SYEs and 10 to 15 other projects in the quilting room.

Mirabelle, I love your block you are doing so well on; bit envious of your talent, but so happy you have found a challenge to do.

For shame, Honchey, they should have called you that the appointment was changed. But maybe you will have fun at work and see something great you can tell all of us about. At least, the weather has improved.

GrannyQ ... it is so good to hear from you and I wish you continued good progress. Here's hoping that your DH can tolerate this next round of chemo better than the last one. My thoughts, wishes and prayers will continue to be with the two of you for progress. It's good to see you feeling up to doing some sewing. I hope it helps to bring you peace, amidst all that you are both dealing with.

MiraB ... Gee that was fast turnaround on your quilt. Amazing, indeed! Was this the same LA'er who did your PC. I'll be looking forward to seeing what she did with this one, for you! Heck, I thought you were the mindreader!!!! ooooooooooooh my OOYD is absolutely beautiful. I remember you showing us some of it before, but I had totally forgotten. Looks like it might be all Fusions? The colours are beautiful.

JeanieG ... I see you were here and beat me to spying the Fusions delight!

Honchey ... oh dear, how annoying that the appointment was cancelled and your departure delayed. Good for you for taking those shifts ... some FART and fun $$ for you!

Worked on that latest backing ..... and then shifted gears to play with DJ!

Not all fusions I have added in some batiks for the variations in colour, just finished section B and have started on section C and made a mistake already, now where is my seam ripper
    Karen

DS has just left I am going to blame him for distracting me

Here are sections A and B all joined I am halfway there on this block
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Mirabelle, it's going to be stunning but oh boy what a lot of work!!! Did you cut everything before you started or do you cut the pieces for each block? According to Pam Bono's book you should cut everything before starting and that's what holding me back.

Honchey, that's really annoying going there only to find out they're closed I had it the other way round; cancelled an appointment I had and the company never bothered to tell the mechanic. He had to drive about 150 km on icy roads to get here and I had to tell him I cancelled it. He was not pleased.

Page 324 of 542 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 323 324 325 334 374 424 ... LastLast