Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 314 of 542 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 313 314 315 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Thanks for letting me know, QuiltE. Appreciate you taking the time to tell me. I enjoyed sharing a bit of Holiday Cheer with all the PCers; and I thank them for allowing me to do so. It was nice sending a bit out of the USA this year.

QuiltE, Your Mr. Frosty is adorable!!! I especially like the snowball quilting!

I just posted the January thread for the "SYE"...It was so simple...I can't believe I forgot how to do it...

Lovely dresses Mirabelle....You've been busy!!

QNS, you certainly will be busy this year with all the new projects... I'll be trying to complete a few..I hope!

It's very dismal outside..we've had 2 days of rain and now it's overcast...I'm done working until I get the call that the baby is on it's way...I'm planning to make some potato salad to go with the ham for New Year's day...nothing really special for the day other than that...I'll be celebrating with some Egg Nog...I finally found some...
    Good news from the ultrasound on my leg...at least now I know the pain in my calf isn't from a clot...
    It's a stay in the house kind of day and that's what I'll be doing today & the next few days..there'll be a lot of "crazies" out there...Stay safe everyone and I'm wishing all of you a very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year.

Oh yes potato salad, that's a good idea. Thanks Honchey

I'm wishing all of you a Happy and Healthy New Year. Tomorrow morning I"m having coffee at #2 DS's, wish me luck. I hate going outside with all those crazy people and their fireworks
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I finally copied the SYE facts on to my pattern of each January block; so I do have them to refer to on making the blocks.

Happy New Year all; may it be a good year for you. It is very cold here, but maybe that will save lives on New Year's Eve...less people out. I have to go out early on the 2nd and pay some bills and get a few groceries.

Dh is stressed because he does not have an answer to keeping the ducks any warmer at night in their steel Quonsets. He has bedded it with straw and put a regular bulb in each one. At this point, he has done all he can, so will see what happens.

Happy that you checked out your problem, Honchey and the report was a good one. Enjoy the warmth of the home fires and heat on the News Years Day. I always love to watch the Rose Day Parade.

Anael I did see the beautiful pics of Mick, Bram and Isa, they are surely growing fast.

It is New Years Eve here already, staying home as usual, have to get up early in the morning to drive to the airport to pick up DH.

Stay safe everyone, I know the weather is not kind at this time of year. Wow 2014 tomorrow, where has this year gone. I thank you all for being my friend and always here with a kind word and a laugh.

I now have the house to myself, DD just left. Did my grocery shopping this morning and got a little surprise at the newsagent. I have a good win on the lottery woohoo made my day. Now what should I spend my ill gotten gains on, any ideas ladies !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

What are you waiting for...go on a FART...now...or treat DH when he gets in. Hope you have received your packet from me...Mirabelle.

Have fun with it Mirabelle!!!

QNS, I just rechecked the numbers and it will be delivered tomorrow!!! A surprise!!! I love it!!!

Happy New Year's Eve ....... MiraB!!!
    You can start the party rolling for all of us!!

Good for you for your big win ........ Looks like a FART is the first order of the New Year for you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

This has turned into a wonderful day for many many reasons, and here are the next two reasons that made me smile today.
    A beautiful block from Dublb, wow those points are perfect thank you so much
    And I received another block from Oksewglad it is beautiful soft floral fabric and looks so good with its other friends on my design wall.
    Enjoy the eye candy cause I certainly am

QNS no package from you yet, but I am patient, it might take a little longer as it has a long way to travel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Remind me to smack my DH when he gets home, he took my camera and fiddled with it and now I can't get my settings back so not great pics but I am sure you will get the idea. (The yellow came out way brighter than it really is)
    Karen

Woke up very early this a.m. and what do I see...Big beautiful golden blue stars!!! Am I in Heaven??
    Lucky you Mirabelle!! Beautiful work OK & Dublb...you certainly made our Aussie mate very happy!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

Beautiful MBs for our beautiful Mirab! What a nice assortment of blocks-your quilt is going to be so soft & pretty.

Happy & healthy New Year wishes for all. No New Year's resolutions here (other than lose weight, quit smoking, be a better person, ya da ya da that I've promised since I was in my 20's LOL).
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Mirabelle--great blocks and your MB quilt is coming together nicely.

I worked 10 hrs Saturday and another 6 yesterday helping with inventory. Saturday the shop was open so we were helping customers too...of course it was very busy. I get to be home the next couple days and then take MIL to an appt Thursday. My plan is to get my Alabama block done and maybe start on a couple DJ blocks (these I am just picking and choosing, not following any order). Not sure if I will be able to sew as much as I want, but I will try...with lots of breaks.

MiraB ... what a way to end the year, and start the new, with two great additions! And of course, your great $$$$ windfall! Time for DH to get his own camera .... besides he probably takes pics of smelly fish and you don't want that with your precious fabrics! Safe travels to the airport to get him!

OKSGlad and DublB ... you both hit the mark!

JanRN ... here's one I bet you would gladly work towards keeping .... to sew/quilt more!

CarrieM ... whew! I bet you are pooped as inventory in a quilt shop sounds tiring!! Do you measure all the fabric? I'm sure you will pace yourself between sewing (for mental therapy!) and some quality family time, as the holiday season comes to an end!!

Happy New Year's Eve Everyone!!!
    .......... and Day for the MiraB Family, down under!

If you are out and about ... travel safely!!
    If you are home ... allow yourself to say farewell to the old and bring in the new, doing what you want to do!

Thanks Everyone ... for you are a great group to be!! I am ever-so thankful for all you have taught me about our craft. I know I could never have accomplished anywhere near what I have without each of you there to help guide, support and encourage me along the way!

Here's to the best year ahead for each and everyone of us!

WOW Mirabelle, FART FART FART Don't forget to smack your DH

You've got some beautiful blocks! I have to say all blocks I've seen are wonderful so all of you have done a great job and all of you will have a beautiful quilt!!

Like QuiltE said, thanks for being around, for the great group you (we) are!
    Happy New Year's Eve - Day to all of you.

I finished my last one for this year: the Rosie....... I made a wall hanging, decided not to do the other 10 blocks. I used 9 for the wall hanging and if the one not in the quilt is lucky it will grow into a pillow. Otherwise it might end up somewhere hidden in the closet
    So here's my Rosie. Name:  Rosie (601 x 593).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  135.4 KB

Anael--I commented on the Rosie thread too, but still like seeing your quilt. When making this quilt my favorite block was and still is the one in the lower right corner. I wonder what it would look like if that block was used in a whole quilt? I bet the secondary pattern would look really neat....but then at the same time wonder if it would be way too busy!

Oooooooh Anael ... *drool* It's so beautiful that I can;t help but wonder WHY you waited so long???? (not like you had other things going on in your life!! ) So to start the year, are you going to quilt it tomorrow?

CarrieM ... I agree, it is a neat block and I am curious too. I have been known to take a block like that and photocopy a bunch of them, then tape together to see the results! I'll leave that one up to you! By chance is it on QuiltersCache, as I often go there, to see how blocks come together for a secondary pattern.

QuiltE, the outside points create a 4 pointed star much like the MB I sent you does...I think it would make a very pretty 4 block topper..but in my opinion for a whole quilt it would be so busy you wouldn't know where to rest your eyes..I could be wrong...

On a brighter note, I received my surprise package from QNS..cookies, fudge & a flower pin cushion and puzzle pattern... the cookies are sooo good!.. I ate two of them already...Thank You so much NINA..it was a wonderful gesture on your part...so generous!!!

Thanks ladies That block is called Mona's Choiche and I can't find it on Quilter's Cache unless it has another name which I don't know.

QuiltE, I totally forgot about Rosie. If Jan not had mentioned her Rosie I still wouldn't have thought about those blocks. I know it was on my UFO list but somehow I still forgot. And yes, I might quilt it tomorrow, don't know. Last finish for this year, first next year?

Still trying to figure out those boxes I mailed; numbers show that DD and Dublb got theirs, but they have not said so; cannot find out about JanRN or JeanieG yet because I guess I type the numbers in wrong.. Happy Honchey, that you like yours and you are the only person so far that spoke of the pin cushion although there were more sent out.

Late start this morning, trying to live out my New Year's Resolution early, I guess. You all have a safe New Year's Day.

QNS--we have been enjoying the cookies and fudge too. I got a pretty yellow flower pin cushion and also a pattern by This & That called "All the Trimmings"...looks like it will make a nice wallhanging or table topper for the holidays.

Inside chores are about done and I am heading to the clubhouse. Happy New Year to all!

Blog Entries
    Me I'm trying to get some EOY bookwork done; milk tester came this morning--he comes once a month to take milk weights on each cow and a sample of milk. The sample is then tested for butterfat, protein, and somatic cell count (a mastitis indicator). Information is all put into a spreadsheet and evaluated to give us monthly and yearly productions records. Just got the check written and off to him.
    Meanwhile 3 kids are in the house--man they are noisy this morning. It's snowy--maybe 4-6 by the end of the day and cold--below zero again.
    No chance to sew since before Christmas, but QNS Christmas goodies helped round out a meal with 14 round the table Friday night. Just the crumbs left to remind us of her generosity. Sewing "gifts" still in the box--waiting for life to return to normal. Not sure if it will.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Sometimes, OK, one wonders what normal really IS? that is always my question. Enjoy that noise and confusion because when you get old like I am, it all stops and you miss it...no little ones running around, no one to cook for but DH and many times he cooks his own...and complains about me all the time in a negative way that about kills me, because he fails to notice how many times I do things for him (and think of him) that he never notices.

Carrie, I know you have been super busy lately. You spoke of taking photos of your MBs, then I think you got side tracked by life itself. I did a couple wedges of Alabama this morning....oh, so sweet to put together; maybe I could do two of them????? I will see how busy I get the first week of the new year...it might be doable since I have the stash for it.

When I put all my SYE patterns together, surprise, there were seven sun rays? together...ran off in paper piecing pattern and I think five of the other one run off....wow....no I do not think I what that many of each one to make... Looking at Sylvia's and they look easy enough, at least, the first ones seem to be easy.

Off to pursuit 'normal'....LOL!! Heating up my bathroom to shower in; and thinking of Grandma's path that I grew up with...a longer dash but just about as cold. I'd love to sentence the builder to spend a couple of weeks in our house trying to keep warm in the winter...without extra heaters, etc.

There was a lot of meat left on the fresh ham so I put it in the pot to go with sauerkraut & boiled potatoes.. first I sprinkle the cooked pork roast with garlic & onion powder...brown it off in some olive oil, add chopped onion & garlic then cover with water to which I add a tablespoon of beef base...let it simmer all afternoon till the meat is almost falling off.. I'll then add 4 lbs of well rinsed kraut & maybe an hour later the raw quartered potatoes...I forgot..if there's any gravy left over throw that in the pot too! Oh this is soooooo good. I'll coursly smash a couple of potatoes in a bowl then ladle the rest over.. fresh rye bread with butter and your set for the nite...

QNS--you are right I said I would get a picture of all my blocks...I even pulled them off the shelf and looked through them...but forgot to take the camera out. Since its been so cold (around zero), I didn't feel like coming back to the house to get it...just wanted to stay warm in the clubhouse. I have it by the door now so I shouldn't forget this time!

Page 314 of 542 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 313 314 315 324 364 414 ... LastLast