Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 364 of 542 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 363 364 365 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Goodmorning Ladies

NinaSue, im so sorry for your news life never is what we expect it to be.

Life is not going to well for me... Cyclone Candace? on the ten year birthday of my passed son, I told DH that Im sick and tired of the crap and it needs to stop, my health cant take it anymore.... he called everyone I know and told them that I want a divorce... not what i said.... apparently I didnt realize until this last week that my DH is a typical passive aggressive male. I feel dumb for believing his crap for so long.

My dear dear friend that has had cancer three times in the last four years, and beat it twice! passed on last week. I miss her! she was a great voice in my life she didnt want a funeral... she believed in life! is for the living, and wants her loved ones to enjoy every minute we have! live life like everyday is your last.

have a good one ladies!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, so sorry for all your going thru. Your life sucks right now (there's not a nicer way to describe it). Please know that your QB friends are here, come and vent/whine/cry/swear or anything and we'll still love you and be here to support you. Don't let his actions affect you and your health. Take care of YOU.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

dublb - Oh My, those photos are heartbreaking. We also need rain very badly. Only had a little over 4" the last two years. Our lakes are way down too, but not that bad - yet! Hopefully we will both have a good rainfall next year.

DD - I'm so sorry for your trials. It took 17 years before I left my 1st husband, but he was an alcoholic and not the person I married. It is so strange how people can change so much. It is so sad! You do what is best for YOU! Take care of yourself! Like Jan says - we are here for you.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

W4Me ... looks like you are going to need a new design wall! Love the contrasts of the two quilts ... for sure you will not feel like you are doing the same thing twice and not have boredom set in!!!!

OKSGlad ... what a wonderful day for you and your friend. And even better when you get such good deals! And now the spring work starts .... good to get some yard help, before heading to the fields.

JeanieG ... guess what? There is a new Fusions ... called Meadows! It's just a very tiny nothing TOT print. I only bought one piece for an upcoming project. At least, it's new at my LQS! Just wish she would get that other swirly leafy one, not sure of its name (not Mist). I know you have used it. Do you know the name? How's your tooth/mouth?

MiraB ... oh dear! Thankfully you are safe ... and I am thinking on higher ground than your DS? Did he have any flooding in his home? Being that you went for a drive, and that two of the pics seem a little brighter, does this mean it is over with? Stay Safe!!

DDamsel ... {{{HUGS}}} I am so sad for you .. to have lost your close friend at such a difficult time in your own life. The important thing is to take care of yourself, and choose what is right for you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Just remember it's always darkest before dawn. So glad everyone is safe despite the excess rain, mirabelle. And then dublb is begging for just a portion of it. The ironies of life.

Take care DearDDamsel 's to you and hope things become better for you.

Did not see the new Fusions on the shop hop--will have to check it out.

Think DH and I are going out for dinner so had better sign off.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Worksforme....great start on the PC quilt.
    Dubib...i would like your new email.
    Mirabelle....I was wondering if you would be affected by the cyclone. Glad that you are all safe!
    DD....we're here for you. Take a few days away by yourself if you can and let life quiet down a little. Sometimes Moms just need to have their batteries recharged!
    OK...what a nice day with your QB and less yard to landscape...? Why not!
    i continue to watch the Jane Austen Alblum quilt by Barbara Brackman and I think I'll go for it. I'm falling more and more in love with the civil war type fabrics all of the time. Planning a FART with my QBs the week after Easter and will see what I can find. SYE is languishing. What's left isn't that hard but it does take concentration and I've opted for lest complicated things to do. Brainless sewing fits the description.

DD, I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time ((((HUGS))))
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

oksewglad - there are a few other brights coming up, including the burgundy QuiltE wants to see so badly.
    Sounds like you had a great day hopping. It's always nice to find fabric bargains.

Mirabelle - I think Mother Nature has run amok this year. I hope the rain stops in your area and starts, for a bit anyway, in dublb's area. Glad you all are safe.

deranged_damsel - I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like your friend was an amazing person.

QuiltE - that is actually just under half of the design wall. I've moved my cross stitch kitties and have rearranged a few things so have managed to make some room. Vice Versa is 9 months of blocks and I can get 6 from top to bottom. PC has smaller blocks but I'm still going to have to come up with something else. Hmmm, wonder if I should change my quilt display wall into a design wall for a few months?

Hi Everyone, Just got done reading the last several pages posted since DH & I left Thursday for NC...we stayed overnight in Mt. Olive, NC..it's the pickle capital of the world..

QNS, so sorry to hear the news about your eye issue..Praying that the Dr's are wrong...

DD, it's not easy trying to understand how some can interpret a conversation... I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend.. Eventually time will vacate your sorrow and you'll only remember the good times spent with each other..

Yes, Dublb, I would like your new email addy..

I have to go now...I'm in the clubhouse and have to get back to the house...I'm afraid DH won't stir the gravy and it will burn...
    No internet as of yet in the house..Have to threaten the ogre that happens to live with me...!!!

W4Me ... it's always good to keep a quilt on display, so perhaps not take it down? I know some have used hall walls for design walls? Or what about a spare bedroom wall? It'll all depend on how fast you make PCs as to how soon you need more space!

GGal ... I have brainless sewing projects too! Sometimes that;s even a DJ block ....... dot-to-dot, paint-by-numbers and only one fabric choice, can make for some pretty easy sewing. Yes, not all of them are mindless. Some of them are more in brainless ... Anael's Nearly Insane category!

Well, I can still see...somewhat. Blotchy up close, seeing better at distances. I stopped by a Wal Mart after the Dr. said I was going blind and bought eight books, read six of them. Not driving, letting dh do that. Not buying any more fabric, praying I can finish what I have started. I cound my blessings every morning that I wake up and can 'see'.

Anael, if you could email me the Sylvia assignments, I would appreciate that...hoping I can continue in my own time line to finish that one. Hoping I can ... things a little fuzzy that has me concerned, so hoping for the best and expecting the worst. One day at a time, or one hour at a time.

Still going on our planned Bus Tour of two days and four states with BF. DD and family will be here for Easter...Thursday though Monday, so have Easter Basket for DGS. ...and egg coloring kit. Found a 'baseball' basket for him and a book and two package of candy...no chocolate bunny yet.

DD, sorry for the loss of a good friend; seems to happen more as we grow older. Mirabelle, very happy you live on high ground and DH was with you through out the stormy weather. So happy to read about everyone's projects and seeing the results and hearing about the FART trips are fun reading too.

Thanks gardnergal970 - odd, but I was the only post on this page when I entered my reply. Suddenly, there are two others ahead of me by several minutes, too! Didn't want you to think I was ignoring your comment.

Glad that you are still going on your trip QNS. And that you will be surrounded by family soon. Family, friends and keeping busy will help, each in its own way.

DDamsel I am so sorry that you are going through this, maybe you need to be a little selfish and start putting yourself in first place. You have to look after your health. Sending hugs across the water to you Come here when you need to "talk" we are all great listeners.

Works4me I love your fabric, it will certainly be a unique quilt.

And now I am going to sit on my verandah and watch the floodwaters coming up my street. I just moved my car out of the yard. Will take a pic for you all shortly
    Karen

This was my street an hour ago, the floodwater is still rising but very slowly. My car is parked on the footpath in case I have to move it to higher ground.

This is the aftermath of Cyclone Ita, our river system starts on what we call the Tablelands and they had more than 20 inches of rain in the past 4 days and that water has to make its way down to us. We have 2 supermarkets in town and the one I can get to was opened this morning but no bread or milk on the shelves. I just bought some more vegies as I have plenty of meat in the freezer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

MiraB ... just like here when snow storms are expected ... panic buying in the grocery stores! Keep safe ... and sew on!!!!!!

We haven't had panic buying here in a long time! Stay safe mirabelle!!!

So glad Mirabelle that you are on high ground; rising water is a real threat of Mother Nature.

Someone dimmed the light last night; reminding me to get the bookwork in order for dh to take it over. I can still see to do normal things, thank goodness, although I would prefer the dimming to stop now...that may not be the case. So hoping for the best, and getting myself ready for the worse. What will be, will be. Enjoy the day for me, quilt and enjoy for me...follow your dreams.

So sorry it's happening so fast QNS. I read your post in the Sylvia thread. I will email the new assignments to you, I hope there's still time to finish what you want to do. (((HUGS)))

Somehow, I got logged out and could not sign back in; ask for help asap, but it did not happen. Finally found the password in last year's date book.

Shopped today for Easter, dozen times challenged by loss of sight, but managed to get by. Life brings so many things into focus, and how blessed we are...I can still see enough to get by and hope to still quilt. Will see...one step at at time. Going to celebrate Easter with our DGS and DD and DSI ...and enjoy every moment. May you all do likewise.

It's been a busy running week! This is the first day I can stay home! It's fun to have things to do but I've missed my quilting time. Yesterday I stopped by the quilt shop and my QB is doing PP and not enjoying it at all. It was only after I was on the way home that I realized how hard she was making it for herself. She has agreed to let me try my way to see if it works on her loon. While I was there, I went to the back room where overnight guests sew to see a lady's quilt top when someone tapped me on the shoulder just to make sure I was who she thought I was and WOW....it was a friend I haven't seen for probably 15 years. She had moved away from Lake Geneva, WI where we attended the same church down to central Indiana. But yesterday she was at MY LQS with her guild in a two day retreat! You can only imagine my surprise. Weather is finally feeling like spring....you know that soft, warm yet cool feel to the air. Beautiful time of the year. My machine beckons. Have a good day all.

Blog Entries
    How serendipitous to have an old friend tap yo on the shoulder, GGal. I'm sure you had a warm fuzzy feeling all day long.
    It's been a busy week again--Quilt guild on Monday. I finished the chest of drawers and DH helped me carry it down to the sewing area. Looks really nice. Like I said I put the ironing board on top. One of the small drawers I put my ironing supplies--tailors ham, sleeve roll, etc. Other small drawer has little pieces from a current mini I'm working on. I had 4 baskets from a shelf system that was replaced by my new kitchen cupboards last fall that fit perfectly in the large drawer shelf space. Perfect for a current project, my 2 1/2 and 2 inch cuts, my patriotic strips and some 1 1/2' cuts. So nice to have a spot for these. Will try to get photos next week.
    Gotta dash, picking up 5 yo for preschool this morning, but getting groceries first. DD and family come this afternoon. Saturday dinner for 13, Sunday dinner 22. Lots to do.
    Have a blessed Easter everyone.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Just checking in on everyone and wishing all a Happy Easter. Nice Spring weather here after snow on Tuesday. Hopefully that was the last of it for this year.

I've been working hard trying to finish SYE. GGal, it is not going well. I could not get those triangle points to match up no matter what I did, even sewing them by hand! I'm going to call this one "Pointless" LOL. I'm walking away from it for right now (maybe some Gremlins will go in and fix it?) and taking my very dirty car to the car wash.

Enjoy your holiday, take time to do something you love.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Dr. said I could drive locally, so after dh forgot the chicken feed yesterday, I drove to my hometown for that and back home....not something I want to do everyday. I stayed under fifty miles per hour and did a lot of praying.

GG, so happy that friend tapped you on the shoulder and you got to visit a bit. OK, that family meal on Saturday and Sunday sounds so great to celebrate with so many family and friends.

JanRN, I hope its a nice spring day weekend for you. Yes, everyone should follow their dreams, and have some fun in their day.

The steroids seem to help the eye during the day...so I am 'forging' ahead on helping dh like I have for forty eight years. He depends upon me so much. And doing a bit of quilting...slow going.

ooooooooh JanRN has a new sparkly car for Easter!

All the Easter talk, got me thinking ... How many of you have Easter memories like this ..........
    as a kid, we had a new hat to go to Church for Easter with little white gloves, and our new spring coat. Of course, some years were like this, where we still wore our winter coat. Guess that shows my age, when everyone wore hats to Church and we had our Sunday Clothes!

GGal ... oh what fun to re-connect with a friend from the past! What a surprise for both of you. I'm sure you wanted to sit down and spend time with her to catch up on all those years. Hope you found that me-time at your sewing machine. You deserve it, after all that running around this week!

OKSGlad ... nice to see that your chest is not just done, but in place and loaded all up. And now, the multitudes start arriving for Easter on the Farm! Oh what FUN!!!!! Do you do an outdoor Easter egg hunt for the Grands?

QNSue ... bet you have all sorts of Easter surprises ready for DGS all weekend!

I'm looking forward to Easter weekend ......... no where to go or folks to have. It's been a busy hectic couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to some serious me time, which means some sewing! Tonight I am watching an online auction and bidding for a friend on a couple of items, and maybe some for me too. If I have any luck, pick up will be Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    All the Easter talk, got me thinking ... How many of you have Easter memories like this ..........
    as a kid, we had a new hat to go to Church for Easter with little white gloves, and our new spring coat. Of course, some years were like this, where we still wore our winter coat. Guess that shows my age, when everyone wore hats to Church and we had our Sunday Clothes!
    Oh yes, this brings back memories of our Easters also. I was always so disappointed if we had to wear a coat because it was too cold to show off your new dress. We did not get too many new clothes back then, only for school, Christmas and Easter, and mom made many of those things! I think we also got a new pair of "white" summer shoes, or sandals.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 364 of 542 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 363 364 365 374 414 464 ... LastLast