Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 264 of 542 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 263 264 265 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Ggal--wow great finishes...I especially like the Jamestown.

Anael I agree with Honchey, that fabric is too dark, maybe a teal or purple would be better, sorry

GrannyQ another beautiful block to add to your design wall, they look great together.

Love Love love the elephant quilt, so cute, are they appliqued?

Just waiting for DH to leave for work and then I am heading to the cave for some serious sewing time
    Karen

GardenGal, love your elephants, three by three and the log cabin design...very colorful and productive of you. Also for your A4accurancy that you posted on face book...beautiful. Well done.

Ansel, I had no opinion on your fabric, love the idea of bright colors that you are going for in your project, consider the good advice of other PCs and go for it.

GrannyQ, I am so glad your news has been good. May it continue into next year.

JanRN, Happy Birthday. Any other October birthdays? Youngest child of ours bd is on the 5th of October; I would tell how old he is, but it makes me feel oooooold. Back in 1975 we were racing down Route 66 at a fast pace, with dh saying "Where is the Highway Patrol when you need them?" He did not want to deliver his son and made in time for the hospital to do their job. 10 pounds, 14 ounces, and 23 inches long....and he is over 6 foot 4 inches today, like all his male cousins on the McGee/Fletcher sidesName:  2011-03-12 14.56.28.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  1.29 MB.Dh and son, Shawn Kerry., in a recent photo.

Quote Originally Posted by grannyQ View Post
    I received my block from DD yesterday,really like it, it goes well with the rest of my blocks.
    Attachment 439127
    Here is all of them together
    Attachment 439128
    Thank you very much GG for the beautiful block, it is called Carpenters Star Variation.

Also just a reminder Ladies, get your Mammogram, this is breast cancer month, that is how they diagnosed me last month. It doesn't make any difference your age just get one, Thank you everyone for your prayers for me, I'm slowly improving every day.
    Wow!! They are lovely tagether!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Anael, I personally don't like it..I think it clashes, it's too dark, hard looking.. Gold, blue, light to med pinky purple, even a soft green would be much better...

DH dropped an envelope yesterday when he went out to get the mail....He brought it in this morning with the newspaper...My MB from JeanieG was in it...A great block, perfectly pieced..will take a photo later in the day...

Honchey, sorry to be late with your block! I forgot to mail it before we went to Phoenix! So much going on trying to get the house put back together. I told my husband I'm going to grab him to get all my pictures up on the walls, they look so bare!!!

QNS - My does your son look like your DH! Amazing!!!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 10-01-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

a pic of my GREAT block from NinaSue she called it a "Peacock Rainbow" THANK YOU so much!!! I really love it

now to find were I put its friends... so I can take a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Lovely block, GrannyQ from DD. It does fit right in.

Almost finished the SYE block 2, but dh was hungry and I had been 'soaking' the chicken pieces in buttermilk, so I rinsed them off and rolled the pieces in flour and put them into a hot corn oil & pan. Fried it up, baked a big potato in the microwave and made gravy. He was very happy with his lunch. Now I have to make an egg run...taking 14 dozen off to our customers. At a dollar a dozen, it hardly pays for the gas, so we will be canning more chickens soon.
    Take your eggs to Rhode Island, they are $3 to $4 a dozen. The price for fresh eggs is worth it.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Wow DD, that is one spectacular quilt block! Great job QNS!!!

I agree with Blue Bell, QNS, you could get a lot more for those fresh eggs here too!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

True, , if we had had the change to purchase fresh eggs in Texas for over 20 years, at times I would have paid $5.00. But with interstate regulations, and the right to sell there, the farmer might be forced to sell each dozen for $5.00; have not tried it, so really do not know. We have some 23 hens and 8 laying duck hens and average about a dozen eggs a day. We know what they have been fed, and how old the egg really is when we gather them. Actually, the two people who buy our eggs appreciate the price and the eggs.

First; Sue I pay $4:00 per dozen for fresh eggs from my DSis.

I'm so sore th'sevenin'! Everything hurts that can, my bad shoulder, my hands, my knee, my feet, & my back. I did everything ta keep this from happinin'. I left the bucket across the room while I scrubbed the walls. That way I had ta move more. I used my left hand ta do 90% o' the scrubbin' 'cause I didn't want my right shoulder ta hurt as bad as it did last night. I took alotta breaks so as ta not over do it. It took me as long ta do that 1 wall as my DF did 3 yesterday. But I'm hurtin' anyway. Sigh.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Ggal, those quilts are awesome. Love the elephants-too cute! I'm not a fan of the Log Cabin block but your Jamestown quilt has given me a new respect for it; I love it in that setting. Very very nice.

DD, great block from QNS--love that swirly fabric!

Just when I made up my mind to work only one day per week we had to fire the new girl today. She stole a prescription pad and wrote herself a rx for a narcotic. Was stupid enough to write it in her own name and try to sign the doc's name. He has a very distinctive signature and she wrote the rx for a med he never prescribes. Pharmacist called to check on it before filling so she was busted! She's only been here 3 weeks. I can't believe people are that desperate for drugs, well, yes I can--I see it in addicts but never worked with one (that I know of). So I'm back to full time for a while--damn!! Look out fabric stores in November--planning lots of FARTS.

Thanks for the advice on my Sweet16--I know what I have to do, I just hate confrontation and wanted your input that I was going to do the right thing. We're taking it to LQS tomorrow and I'm giving him an ultimatum--no more fixing. I want it replaced. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN I have just read and reread your post, I can't believe it, well yes I can, maybe she thought all her Christmas' had come at once, getting a job in a Dr's clinic, oh well the best thing to happen is you get to go on more FARTS

NinaSue what a beautiful photo of your DH and DS, boy do they look alike

DD what a great block from QNS, the name is very appropriate, Peacock Rainbow, I love it and the sashing fabric is awesome.

I am trying to decide what to work on and getting nowhere, just cut the backing fabric and wadding for my blue and white stars but it is so hot I don't feel like quilting. Just turned on the air-conditioners so maybe when the house cools down a little I might feel like doing it. Finally turned on the embroidery machine so that is humming away, 4 little blocks to finish my Peirrot quilt. Maybe I need a coffee???
    Karen

GG, those Elephants on Parade are lovely! The fabric is just right
    Your Jamestown Landing is gorgeous. I agree, fancy quilting would have dressed it up but it's not always giving you a cosy, warm quilt.

QNS, lovely picture of your DH and your DS.

DD, that's a great block! I think QNS nailed it exactly with the fabrics, I loved it when I first saw it.

Jan, how stupid to do a thing like that. I guess when you're desperate enough people will do anything to get what they want. I'm sorry you have to go back to working full time but the reward is very sweet

Mirabelle, you can send some of the heat my way, it's starting to get cold here. Doors and windows shut, pants, sweaters and socks......
    I will shop my stash today and see what I can come up with.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

These last blocks are simply wonderful. Who would have thought of the rainbow peacocks but our poultry lady, QNS? GrannyQ, your quilt is going to be beautiful and has inspired me to use the same color scheme for my SYE.
    Jan... What a dummy she was!!! Sorry you're back at work but it will feed your fabric "addiction"!!! Good for you about the S16. Something that costs that much just has to work right!
    Mirabelle...the elephants are raw edged appliqué using Australian design fabric. It reminded me of the circus.
    I just got an announcement for a 12 shop patchwork party. Mirabelle, I think you would like the fabric but what I thought was interesting was to look at the way each shop finished their quilts. I'm pasting the link for you all to look at. Go to the bottom of the page to the list of shops and check them out. Some are so elegant and others are very simple but any if them could work with our MBs. http://www.quiltersqtrs.com/patchwork_party.asp
    i got the WW to the flimsy stage and all ready to take to my quilter yesterday. Found out over the weekend that my DH's DGD is engaged so I will finish the mystery quilt as a lap top for her. It basically needs sashing and shouldn't take too long. Have a good one!!!

Good news!!! Miss Australia married to DHDS was FINALLY approved for Visa!!! the poor girl has been waiting an entire year I guess I should pull out their quilt and get busy on it again

GGAL thanks for the link. a wonderfully beautiful quilt! LOVE the red and turquoise.
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

QNS & DD, I love the peacock block, so colorful and "arranged" perfectly. Can't think of a word to describe my thinking!!!

The elephant quilt so cute and perfect for a child... Jan, the dealer doesn't lose anything. the manufacturer replaces the machine...don't let him fool you!!! our Gallery has done that twice since I'm working there...and they were the top of the line machines...Call the corporate office if you don't get the results you want...
    I'm using a CP with windows 8 and I'm having a had time navigating...I will try to post a couple of photos.. Doesn't work...I have to figure this out...

Blog Entries
    DD Lucky for them she was approved before Oct 1st! Our SIL needed his damaged green card replaced last January and a new one came through in late August! A little tough on work plans when he is an international marketing VP.
    QNS has done it again--what a great addition to your MB DD.
    Oh Jan just when you had made a tough decision someone remakes it for you with a different outcome. Like GGal says there will be a bright side when you are back to once a week. Your employer is lucky to have you on standby. I hope you are appreciated.
    GrannyQ--Ggals block fits in sew nice with the graphic black and white your blocks have.
    GGal the elephants have an East Indian look to them with great colors. Jamestown is just right for fall. Very pretty. Thanks for the link.
    DDIL gets $1.50 for her eggs--guess they are about $1.70 in the store for standard eggs. Won't be long and they will be slowing down in the laying dept. She doesn't add artificial light to keep them laying throughout the winter.
    Picking apples today--Asian lady beetles and box elder bugs have flown in from the fields looking for places to hibernate--ugh.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Here we go again...1. Jeanie's MB for me 2 & 3 unfinished table runners..
    Attached Images Attached Images

***drumrollllllllllll***

Honchey's MB arrived ... it's such a beauty and yes, I love it! The colour is a lovely soft turquoise (four different ones) and certainly prettier than my photo got. Be sure to take note of those tiny maple leaves tossed in there!!! I am already visioning it for a beautiful one colour scrappy quilt. Just look at those stars that will form as more blocks are joined on. The block is called Godey's Star from QuiltersCache.
    Tagging a ride with it was Honchey's the FFC siggie block with those itty-bitty hexies! It was all nicely protected in plastic wrap, thus the not-so-good picture. I just didn't want to disturb it and will keep it protected that way, til I start to work on my FFC. (Yes, Ladies, there is still time to send me the final siggie blocks! Pleeeeeeeeeease???)
    Thank you Honchey!!! ... I'm absolutely thrilled for both!
    Name:  MB-Honchey (2).JPG
Views: 89
Size:  1.49 MB

Here's The Group of Seven (months)!
    (pun intended re our famed Canadian painters)
    Name:  MBSeven (2).JPG
Views: 93
Size:  1.51 MB

For a trip down memory lane, here's the cluster of 6" minis that I've made of the MBs, plus a fw.
    Name:  MBMinisSeven (2).JPG
Views: 94
Size:  1.49 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 10-02-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anael ... just draw it up on graph paper, like the rest of us dinosaurs!!! I just did a rough sketch and lots of times, I just sketch and o my math and skip the graph paper. Though now I see your snowball etc. pattern ... yes! ITA with GGal, larger snowballs to be sure to showcase the fabric. I think I would do all the snowballs in the same fabric, and just let the corners be the contrast so that the fancy fabric looks less cut up. Audition it!

CarrieM ... Thanks for sorting me out re QNSue/GrannyQs MB. I guess it was early enough I was thinking it was August's block1

MiraB ... were you machine sewing those pineapples on that bus? What a fun story to remember! I always smile ... you are glad to have your DH home, but SEW happy when he leaves to let you SEW in peace!

OKSGlad ... *hint* portable phones are the best! Never have to leave the machine and can keep doing ... though I refuse to run the machine while on the phone!

GrannyQ and DublB
    QNSue and DDamsel
    Honchey and JeanieG
    ... great addition to your blocks! well done for the makers!

GrannyQ ... continued wishes and blessings for healing for you and yours.

DDamsel ... yes, looks like a new celebration is on the way. Better get that quilt finished!

Honchey ... thank goodness MrH found the missing letter! Such nice runners. I'm particularly fond of the gold/brown combo. My colours!

GGal ... two beauties there! How cute the elephants ... and so classic for the Jamestown! Thanks for the link ... always nice to see different ways to put sampler quilts together. I think you have one of the best though already, with your Jamestown.

QNSue ... for sure that's a "like-father-like-son"!

JanRN ... I can think of better ways to celebrate your birthday ............ a FART (or six!)
    Oh dear on the change of staff, just when you thought there was hope. Stupid is right!! Let's hope for someone to magically appear out of the middle of no where to fill the position ...... and let you be OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! I think it's time you hit the boss/Dr up for a raise!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope for only good S16 news today.

Oh Oh Oh!!!!!
    Just Noticed ... OKSGlad's cows were jumping over the moon and missed their photo op with all their mini playmates1

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    QNS & DD, I love the peacock block, so colorful and "arranged" perfectly. Can't think of a word to describe my thinking!!!

The elephant quilt so cute and perfect for a child... Jan, the dealer doesn't lose anything. the manufacturer replaces the machine...don't let him fool you!!! our Gallery has done that twice since I'm working there...and they were the top of the line machines...Call the corporate office if you don't get the results you want...
    I'm using a CP with windows 8 and I'm having a had time navigating...I will try to post a couple of photos.. Doesn't work...I have to figure this out...
    I agree with you Honchey, I am not liking Windows 8 on my new PC either. Talk about having to learn how to use a computer all over again! UGH!!!

Of course it is just like when they changed the format here, so many could not adjust, so just left he Board! I wonder how many have come back, I bet quite a few! I imagine after a few months, I will be able to zip around on this computer too, but I just hate the learning curve!

................... and I am SOOOOOO happy that my Nice Mr Techie Man was able to keep me away from W8 when I got my new computer in the winter!!

(one of the blessings of staying with an "old-school" desktop!!!)

Honchey, love your table runners, what pattern are they?

My computer people warned me away from windows 8, and said go back to 7, so I did.

QuiltE, love your MB blocks and alternate MB blocks for your self. I have not forgotten your little project FFC, have everything together to do asap....unknown at this time.

Its Apple and Pear time here, big time....put up our own orchard Winesap(28 pints and 14 quarts), bought a bushel of Missouri Red Delicious that has flavor and juice (28 quarts put up), and going across the road to pick Yellow Delicious and Pears, all we want. Dh worked up the bushel of MRD while I ran to town and did errands and got more lids. We are processing the last batch now. And I promised him an apple pie in the morning. Have the dough all frozen, ready to take out tomorrow, thaw, roll out, and put it together.

Dh got me a Hurricane Cane for my bd; its still in training 'cause it falls over every now and then.

A young sweet girl calls home to her Mother, complaining and crying how her new husband was treating her, ending with and I want to come home to stay. Mother says, no, I will come move in with you, and teach him a lesson!

A middle aged Asian well to do lady walks into the Eye Doctor for an eye examine. I am sorry, says the Dr... you have cataracts. The matron gets very indignant, and says I do not have any Cat-er-acts (Cadillac), I drive a Li'ncoln.

Ggal thanks for the link,

DD that is good news on the visa,

Honchey another great MB, we have passed the half way mark and on the downhill slide now. I love your table runners, can't pick a favourite.

QuiltE what a great arrangement of blocks, and well done on the minis

QNS you always put a smile on my face with your stories, especially like the mother in law one sent you an e-mail too.

Now I am going to sew the binding on my blue and white stars today and make the bed runner, that's the plan anyway. Cooked extra dinner last night so no cooking today
    Karen

Page 264 of 542 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 263 264 265 274 314 364 ... LastLast