Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 262 of 542 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 261 262 263 272 312 362 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

You are correct dublb - Tiara is made by Babylock (I looked it up as I thought you were right)!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

CarrieM ... that's great news that you are starting into the planning stage. With that it just might come sooner than you think, especially with your Dad acting as Job Super!

QNSue ... So glad that you have BF coming to be with you for the first few days. Great plan for a work project for the men!

JeanieG ... Thanks for the photo, to tantalize me! Lovely indeed! And that log cabin is going to be spectacular! Don't take #2 apart ... it looks nice just the way it is and just gives a little different dimension to the whole thing. I am excited to get at the Spikes, though have a few things I must tend to first.

JanRN ... so much for thinking you have new help to let you get back to your FART-tirement! Not sure what to think about the HQ dilemma. I tend to think the same as some others that a new one is in order. However, maybe I would give them one last chance with this fix. The jostling in shipping has me concerned ... if this happens, then why do they ship them?

I would sure think you are due compensation for your inconvenience and inability to use it. Plus, a full extension to the warranty, starting as though it were new, the day it is returned to you again. Being that you have been dealing with HQ Nice Guy, make sure the agreements are made with him and get it in writing. Also, when/if you do take it to them for repair, be sure that the return date is very clearly set up ... again I would do it via HQ Guy. Ultimately it is HQ that has to resolve the issue, being that it is under warranty.

DublB
    ... The Babylock Tiara is made by HQ. When I was test driving both brands in the spring, I asked the HQ Customer Service the difference ... virtually the same with a few minor differences, such as the paint job! So really no difference, and just the rebranding/labelling for it to be sold by BabyLock. No difference than many other products that are made by the first company, and rebranded to the secondary one.

BL does not have the same support system as HQ (at least, here in Canada, though I think it is the same in USA). No call centre for help. I also found that it was still new enough that many of their dealers did not have the machine yet, plus those that did, did not seem to "know" the machine. At times, I felt I knew more from my online research and test drives of the two brands!!

I did call HQ several times with questions and was quite pleased with the way things were handled. Of course, different than dealing with an after-purchase problem. I have heard lots of good things about the HQ Customer Service, which of course, we are all wondering now, with JanRN's experiences. Granted she has found Nice Guy ... and maybe he will take care of her once and for all. I hope so!

MiraB ... oh yes, those quilt rules are confusing enough ... and then at some there are the Quilt Queen Bees, that make you say, why do I do this? Here comes the week of musical cars for you!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 09-29-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Mirabelle--great progress on the princess quilt.

Jeanie--your SYE blocks are looking good. I think alternating some light green and some dark green in the outer "leaves" would look nice....

Jan--so sorry you are sick AND having to work too!! I don't have any input on the S16 other than sympathies that it has been giving you trouble!

I got a call from a lady a couple miles away that we get asparagus from when it is in season. She apparently has an abundance of apples and peaches and thought of us. They are all picked and she doesn't want anything for them! So...tonight I have been busy trying to get a binding on this last table runner I had quilted so I can take it to her in the morning. It was one I made several years ago and didn't have any plans for...just trying to finish UFOs.

Then I will be trying to figure out what to do with apples and peaches...probably cutting them up and freezing them...for any one who freezes fresh fruit, do I need to do anything to it first? The apples will probably be for pies and peaches used in smoothies.

My MIL makes the best apple pies so I will save her some apples for baking one while I am at work Wednesday...she likes it when I ask her.

More progress made today, but I am stuck now as DD has to finish the corner blocks so I can play with something else now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Jan, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your machine I have no advice other than already given but I do hope the problem will be resolved very soon!

Mirabelle,
    you're right, Isa will soon be needing a 'pretty' quilt but I'm not sure my DDIL will agree.

I need your advice. I bought 4 FQ's of this Laurel Burch Christmas Fabric and I have no idea what to do with it other than petting and admiring So tell me, what would you do? I can't cut it into small pieces, can I?!.
    Name:  LaurelBurchChristmasFabric (912 x 684).jpg
Views: 465
Size:  254.6 KB
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Here are the pictures of the Stockings.
    The first two are Embroidery Library designs, the bunny stocking is an ABC-Embroidery design and the little boy is from OregonPatchworks.
    Name:  IMG_0023 (808 x 684).jpg
Views: 91
Size:  171.0 KBName:  IMG_0024 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 95
Size:  213.6 KBName:  IMG_0025 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 81
Size:  209.6 KBName:  IMG_0026 (684 x 758).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  159.0 KBName:  IMG_0028 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  220.1 KBName:  IMG_0029 (684 x 912).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  202.8 KB

Oh, Anael, those are beautiful.

Anael I love your Christmas stockings they are gorgeous, and wow the little bunny is cross stitched machine embroidery, they take so long to do. Well done

As to your Laurel Birch fabric I don't have a clue sorry
    Karen

GrannyQ...wonderful news! Thanks for sharing.
    JanRN...oh, no...how miserable and still having to work! Hope that passes soon. I second what Mirabelle says...insist in a new one. Once something electric begins malfunctioning, it is almost impossible to really get to the bottom of it and particularly if just a little shaking that makes it happen.
    Anael & Mirabelle...love the embrodiery work. Just beautiful. No ideas on the beautiful fabric.
    Dubib...there will be an end to the house cleaning and we will all celebrate with you!
    Carrie...i do recognize a couple of the FQs. A couple of those almost went home with me earlier this month. Have you checked out the current DJ thread here on QB? She has a lot of good information on the first page. Also today there is a thread in the section beneath the picture section that has many DJ quilts pictured...each one more lovely that the first. DD...they have one in red and white so a two color scheme is entirely doable.
    Honchey...life can sometimes take all of our creative time and juices. You've had a very busy summer and dealt with a lot. Just hang out with us. We are not complete without you!
    Jeanie....this isn't the SYE thread but I do love how your blocks are turning out. I think the consistent color of the outer leaves will help tie the quilt together.
    QuiltE...congratulations on all of the awards at the fair. I'm planning to enter at least one quilt show this next year with my QBs. It isn't a judged one so it's just for the experience. If the quilts turn out nice enough, I might find a judged one to enter just to see what the quilt police think of my work.
    DD...wind and SNOW. Burrrr....I can wait. It only got down to about 60 degrees this past weekend so camping was very enjoyable! It did rain but the tent was watertight. This week is supposed to be another warm one.
    Janie...back from the UK yet?
    QNS..I'm so glad to hear that you will have help around the time of your surgery. Enough of the apples....you need some rest. Let DH peel them for the chickens if he really wants something to do. You already have more food put up than two people can eat in a couple of years. I know "waste not, want not" but there has to be a balance in life.
    I've decided that I will have the quilt for my DGSs friend quilted by my friend so this week I will finish sewing the rows together and get it to her. Then to see what other UFO rises to the top. Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 09-30-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Mirabelle--great progress on the princess quilt.

Jeanie--your SYE blocks are looking good. I think alternating some light green and some dark green in the outer "leaves" would look nice....

Jan--so sorry you are sick AND having to work too!! I don't have any input on the S16 other than sympathies that it has been giving you trouble!

I got a call from a lady a couple miles away that we get asparagus from when it is in season. She apparently has an abundance of apples and peaches and thought of us. They are all picked and she doesn't want anything for them! So...tonight I have been busy trying to get a binding on this last table runner I had quilted so I can take it to her in the morning. It was one I made several years ago and didn't have any plans for...just trying to finish UFOs.

Then I will be trying to figure out what to do with apples and peaches...probably cutting them up and freezing them...for any one who freezes fresh fruit, do I need to do anything to it first? The apples will probably be for pies and peaches used in smoothies.

My MIL makes the best apple pies so I will save her some apples for baking one while I am at work Wednesday...she likes it when I ask her.
    Busy day here but wanted you to remember to put some Fruit Fresh or other ascorbic acid (Vit C) product on your peaches to retain the pretty yellow orange color. Later folks. Nice pics of stockings Anael.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

It's another beautiful day here.. bright and sunny. Question..Have all September MB's been mailed??? Just trying to keep track being Mirabelle's October block is ready for mailing.

My September block was sent out on the 16th of September.. Who hasn't yet received theirs?

Those stockings are amazing Anael! I know your grandchildren will use them for years to come and have such great memories of you! I still have the one of the ones I knitted for my children! He is a single guy and did not want it! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

We don't use Stockings the way you do Jeanie. We only hang them on the wall, we don't stuff them. I never knew anything about stockings untill I came across one at a friends and I loved it. So I went on a search and found the Bucilla felt stocking kits. I ordered a few kits and made some, sold some and gave away a few. That's how I introduced the Christmas Stocking in my family
    I once gave my DDIL a kit, she never made the stocking so I asked if she was planning on making it ever, she looked quite funny and asked if I would want to have it back. I said 'yes, if you're not going to make it I will' but I never got it back neither did she make the stocking.
    My Mom even made a stocking LOL. I have it now as none of my brothers wanted any of her Christmas decorations.

To All the PC Riders ... Just want you to all know those ribbons on the PC are thanks to each of you!! If you hadn't been there to help me along the dusty trails, I would surely have fallen off the horse and stayed in the dust! You're all pretty special to me and I can't say a big enough ....
    THANK YOU!!!
    to each of you!

CarrieM .
    .. hope your apple and peach day has gone well! Best possibility ... deliver all to your MIL, and have her make them all into pies for the freezer! Then you can just bring one out and bake it whenever you wish! Another way to keep the peaches from discolouring is to dip them in 7-Up. All you need is to have them fully submerged, then lift out and let drain and freeze.

MiraB ... it's absolutely adorable! Guess you can go from the pinks ... to your McD blues!

Anael ... The stockings are adorable. The bunny cross-stitch ... is it actually done on your embroidery machine? WOW ... so neat!! an interesting fabric indeed .... anything that uses large size blocks. Wonder? what about a D4P ... and cut each FQ into four rectangles to allow for the long narrow look of the printed design? And then match them up with some coordinating blenders? Come to think of it, that wouldn;t be too long and narrow, so how about cutting the FQ into 6 pcs, that'd be 6x10 ... would the design show? Perhaps box around each and create a step effect on a solid background. Clear as mud, I know!
    GGal ... Thanks for the Congrats and yes! show those quilts. You have so many to choose from, and are certainly class winners! I'm to blame with JeanieG's photo post ... I asked for the intrigue!

Honchey ... I'm heading to the Post Office, soon ... so very soon will know if I am lucky today or not! Time to get thinking of the October MB!

QuiltE, yes, the cross stitch is done on my embroidery machine. Like Mirabelle said, it takes some time to get it done but all I have to do is change threads and watch the machine embroidering

Your option of what to do with the fabric is interesting. I never did a D4P! What do you mean by a step effect? Something like a shadow effect? Like the blocks are 3D?

7-Up? Never heard of that, I only know lemon keeping apples from discolouring. It's a pitty I can't ride my bike now as I'm sure there are several produce stands along the roads I used to frequent. You don't see those stands much here though.

QuiltE, do you mean an effect like this:
    Name:  3-d quilt.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  78.1 KB
    I have no idea who made this quilt so I can't give credit to that person.

I'm still amazed that a machine can do that x-stitch!

The 7-Up thing I learned from a professional caterer who was doing fruit plates for people several days before Christmas to be eaten on Christmas Day. I asked, won't they turn brown .. and found out the secret! Since then I have used it whenever I wanted to avoid browning. Pretty much any fruit and it works! I've used it fresh or for fruit going into the freezer.

Actually the step effect I was thinking not to use the D4P. and doing it kind of like windows or yes, the shadow effect could work with it too. I'll try to sketch something and send it to you. Be Prepared ... I am NO artist!

Anael--7-Up is a lemon-lime soda (or we call it "pop" here in Iowa)...and I know some places it is soda pop. Like Pepsi or Coke

Oops---I was thinking you hadn't heard of 7-up

While I was typing, you posted the pic ... I guess for me, I would want more orderly, as in every block the same size. That would work well with your FQs, using 1/4 of each for a block. You can do the math as to what would work for the size of your quilt. What about using Christmas colours for the background and the shadow?

Another one ...
    http://www.maryquilts.com/new-forest-bricks/
    Similar effect ... but because of the size of your balls you would need to do it with larger pieces to show off the balls. Again, do the math as to whether you could make anything of enough size. I'm not sure you could. BTW I saw this one done at one of the Fairs in all florals .... the mortar between was in a cream. So pretty! (and yet so scrappy!)

Or .... how about a runner? or topper?
    then you could keep your fabrics in large chunks.

Googled to look for a pattern ... not this one, but I think it could show off your fabric nicely, Anael!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...n-t183731.html

Funny how when we google, we land right back here on the QB!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 09-30-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Email is on its way.

Another idea .... look at the PC blocks (or FWS) .... and find one where you can FC ... and then make it a much larger block than it started out as. For example, OKSGlad's much loved HITBD ... or as I know it, Churn Dash.

And of course ... there are LOTS More possibilities.

Maybe my rotten suggestions will get the creative juices flowing for you and the others .... and then you;ll get a REALLY good idea!

I found this under over pattern that consists of strips of color (bright) that weaves over and under a simple log cabin dark colors that I made for two young ladies, very easy to do.Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  98.2 KBIgnore the owls, please.

Nope not going to ignore the Owls. I have a collection of ceramic owls and other owl "stuff". Love owls!!!

Name:  DSC01468.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  477.7 KBName:  DSC01469.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  411.3 KB Thanks for the reminder, Honchey. I got my block from Dubib last week but didn't post my picture. Then you have the gang of 7. Can you believe we have only 5 more months to go?

Oh My!!! That is just too wonderful Gardnergal! I may have to add that pineapple block to my to do list!!!

Page 262 of 542 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 261 262 263 272 312 362 ... LastLast