Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-16-2013, 12:53 AM

Well, so much for my goal today. I wanted to finish the Carol Doak Mystery Quilt 2012/2013. Only one block to go and 4 setting blocks. She doesn't agree with me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452004[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 16.21.2013-912-x-684-.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 02:46 AM

So who is boss in your home Anael????

Had a busy day in town today, left home at 8am, dropped off the Bargello and when I left she was pinning it to the frame so it will be finished by Thursday when I will be back in town. Picked up DH and we headed to the hospital for my test, all I can say is "ouch" and I am sure I will have bruises tomorrow. Expecting a call from my Doc to discuss!!!! at least then I will know what is going on. Had a very late lunch (3pm) and we headed for home, arrived about 4.30. Had take out Chinese for dinner, DS came over to help eat it all

I am not going to participate in DJ but do want to make Sylvia, I am happy to go along with whatever is happening at the time. I certainly don't want any pressure, as I took on too much this year and even though I finished with a bang and 35 finishes I am exhausted. I am committed (or should BE committed) to 50 Stars so I am going to take a few days to rest and regroup my thoughts. I do want this group to stick together for our daily chats even if we don't all do the same BOM or BOW, this has certainly become my soft place to fall and I thank each and every one of you for being my friend<3
Old 12-16-2013, 02:53 AM

LOL Who do you think Mirabelle? She's at the machine again, now a different angle

I hope you'll be ok! Waiting for test results is stressing

I thought about my second Sylvia, using a white background makes it almost identical to the first one. So I changed my mind and I'm going to use yellow and white as a background. Maybe I won't make all blocks as I don't know what to do with another huge quilt. I have too many already and no takers
Old 12-16-2013, 03:18 AM

Here's my Sylvia, still without borders. Measurements now: 97" x 69". As I said, huge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452005[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails top-assembled-684-x-912-.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:40 AM

Good morning! Anael--95 DJ blocks done? I'm impressed--I have 5 done & 1 triangle LOL! I like your idea QE of a "relaxed" thread--no pressure. I may never do another DJ block or I may do all of them, who knows. I could deal with no pressure so thank you for clarifying, sign me up!

Doing SYE and 50 Fab Stars will keep me busy but I've always wanted to do a New York Beauty. And I still want to do the Compass Stars from QOTS. And I've wanted to do a Mariner's Compass. So many ideas in this senior blonde head! I look forward to another "PC ride" after the first of the year and will join in whatever anyone decides.

Off to work. Brrr---8* with -15 windchill and ice covering everything but the main roads. I'm sure we'll have a lot of cancellations today ( a lot of our patients are elderly and can't come when it's like this). Have a great day ladies!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 AM

Time to play 'catch up' washing bed linen and clothes; washing dishes and putting things away. And going into the garage and putting jars up on the new shelves and organizing things there...no sewing or extra cooking today.

40 pounds of flour is a lot of flour and cookies, Honchey. Is it all for family or special event?

Make it a good day everyone.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... Spray basting for sure!!! That's all I do now.

Honchey ... am hoping the little pull down thingy that does that job on the Bernina is good enough, instead of the "real" walking foot. The 505 should stabilize it well. Once I have it further stabilized with straight lines, I'd like to FMQ. Am I nuts to think of FMQing it?

Topper sandwiched last night ... and hoping to do this one this morning.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... It's got to be a soft place for you to fall here ... with all this fabric around! Let's hope for the best outcome and a Dr. who calls you quickly!! The waiting and wondering is terrible. Thursday can't come soon enough for you to us to see your bargello all nicely quilted!! How nice that you were able to get it quilted so quickly!!! Here probably the quickest is six weeks off.

Anael ... glad PP finally got out of the way to let you continue on! Sylvia is lovely. I like how the predominance of blues seem to tie all the other colours together and the green sashing has a nice calming effect to the "jumble" that scrappies can become. What are your borders going to be? Is this one for you? With your quilt overload, maybe your new Sylvia could be more donations to your special friends or another similar group?

JanRN ... cancellations are good for work, so long as they are not because of another SWAT team episode! Oh you know you will do more DJs! We all have so many ideas ... just never enough time!

QNSue ... no rush to do all that post-company work! Will they be back with you for Christmas? Nice to have your new canning shelves done. Your garage must be very well insulated if they are not going to freeze?

Wickedly cold here ...... brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep Warm, Ladies!!
(hidden meaning: Keep Cool, MiraB!!!)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:04 AM

I love coming here and seeing all of the things we're doing.
QNSue...that was a beautiful block that you made for this month. Glad the boys finally got the storage done in the garage.
dubib...I have so many little scraps I want to use but they aren't exactly long strings so I'm still saving until I see the right idea. I do like what you've done.
Anael...what a beautiful Sylvia Quilt! That's a maybe someday for me.
JanRN...congratulations! Your y seam turned out very nice! It sounds like you have a lot of PP in your future as I look over your bucket list.
Carriem...it's nice you don't have to have surgery. Now to figure out how to take care of it so it doesn't cause pain and you can did the things you love. I've found that even the way I lay in bed affects my arm and shoulders.
Jeanie...how are you coming with the BH mystery? I love the little pinwheels although they can be a pain to make square.
Mirabelle....35!!!! Wow. That's a lot of beautiful finishes. No wonder your shoulder is protesting. I'm sorry for your DD's heartbreak but better to find it out now. Did you get the block fixed in her quilt? I only saw it after you said something but it was the first thing I saw every time I looked at it after that.
DD...hope you're staying warm and enjoying your family.
Janie...is your DDIL doing better after the setback? I hope you are getting some "me" time.
QuiltE...no wonder we hand 't heard from you for awhile. So many things can affect our computers without us even knowing it.
Honchey....your sister is an angel to do so much for others. That is a lot of baking. I missed baking with my DD this year but the weather just wasn't fit for driving to Tennessee.
I finally have a picture of the block I got from DD and my SYE for November. I still want to get pictures of the tops I've completed...another one last week...and then I'll crank up the PC and post. For some reason it doesn't work from my iPad. I'm not really getting ahead though. It seems like as fast as I get a project box empty, something jumps in! I'm sticking with this group even if I don't make the same quilts. Friends are forever.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 AM

It is a good day here....a very gooood day here! I 'found' my items to pack into the Christmas cheer box! It will clear the inspector's look in when shipping across boundaries world wide. I even found my FFC to finish and include with that box...oh, the surprises!! It will be a very useful packet. Laundry going, dishes half done 'cause the pans are soaking and need to start organizing in the upheaval in the garage of upside down mess there.

Son in law to son: Say go cowboys go!!
Son yells: Go Cowboys go!! and the television goes off.
Son, Son in law starts to say; Son is sitting on the remote with hands under his butt, says,
sorry it was an accident!
Game continues.