Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-15-2013, 12:26 PM

QuiltE, I quite echo your sentiment of us staying together. I heard that you made a complete DJ, and that someone else has been approved to head it up here on the board, I think,...under a BOM for the discussion was to go backward this time, etc., when I was under the impression you would be....whatever keeps the ship in the waters and our friendship onward going here....and if you did not, I was hoping Honchey would lead us onward again. Thanks for the warning on the Java updates, Quilte. Can we see your DJ, that you did???

Thanks, Dublb for posting the picture of the real November MB, but what happened to the 'family' picture of all your MB blocks? Inquiring minds want to know.....

After a bit of a set back this morning, the guys are finishing the Pantry Canning section in the garage. The long shelves on the West Side was set too close together, but they did compromise, and did it my way. Intelligent men they are, and I applaud them for that intersight. LOL!! they are now distant from one another as to set quart jars in a box all the way down the shelving South to North on five shelves. Big celebration next summer in canning more to go onto the shelves. Need to finish baking the loaves of bread I am sending home with them and send them on their way to get home before dark. Its been fun.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:04 PM

Wellllll, I'm back!!! I have been elbow deep in cookie dough from Wednesday eve until Saturday afternoon!!! went thru 40 lbs of flour...I don't want to look at cookies or dough for awhile..The drive home took over 4 hours because Jan decided to send the snow & rain my way ...

Now for some other business..... I've read about 6 pages of posts and I'm a little confused about what's going on...This thread for one will continue for as long as it's ok with the higher ups that would decide otherwise...and it's up to us to pick up the slack when some of us are away for whatever reason..We all need to keep it going.

I would like to do the DJ BUT I won't be doing it in the newly posted thread. I've been here in our informal thread for too long to follow another's "chart"...it's not for me.. Can't help how I feel..I will show my DJ's here if it's ok with the rest of you...
If and when QuiltE starts a thread I will follow along... The 50 stars is a beautiful quilt but for me, not right now...The Sylvia is on the same order as DJ and being I have blocks already done I will remain with it.....I will be doing them in the background of this thread...I don't want to step on anyone's toes ...

Yes, I'm ashamed to say that I'm one of the persons that doesn't have my PC put together and it needs some attention...

We have a few more months of MB blocks and if there's anything special that someone wants to do here.. speak up..

My DH went to the Giants football game today and he won't be a happy camper tonite.... The kids will be leaving shortly and it's Sunday which means I do the papers tonite at the coffee shop so I'll check out for a bit..Later..H.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:57 PM

I come here to read our news morning and night and sometimes in between and see your process on whatever project. I love it; any productive thing that any of you do, I love to see it.

I love hearing from any and all of you and miss you when you do not post daily or less...
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM

DH & I went shoppin' taday. We had a great time. We still have several things still ta buy but we did git the bulk o' it done.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Honchey ... my goodness!! That's a LOT of cookies!!! Are you two feeding the army? What are the plans for so many??

Anael ...
to clarify, what I meant was there was no intent towards sabotage by pulling the group to another thread, as might be inferred. Just as I am sure that you and CarrieM did not either, with the 50 Stars and Sylvia threads. (the time deadline comment was in reference to the length of time we have for editing our own posts)

QNSue ... no I have not done a DJ, so I'm at a loss. Though I now have two blocks done. So who is starting the new DJ thread that you mentioned being organized and approved? When?

Honchey ... the thread I am wanting to have will be just what you are saying ... do it when you want, how you want, and with no set agenda. I too do not want a "weekly assignment" hanging over my head. Just a place to gather specific to DJ. When there were so few PC'ers interested, I did chat with some other QB'ers and all were on the same wavelength for the non-regimented thread. I can appreciate your wanting to stay here within the PC thread, as do I ... though it would be hard for others to participate in this thread, when they have not been part of PC; and perhaps DJ discussion would be of little interest to those here not wanting to do it.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:02 PM

QuiltE, it is part of QB BOM under Cre8tvlwyr 2012-2013 Dj 2nd Cyber Party Picture and Discussion, reversing the chart. Yes, I am doing the DJ with Quilting on the Square starting the middle of January and would love to post pictures here. Anael is also, I think, thinking of it and said you had made one...maybe I heard her wrong...sorry.

I am also trying to do the 50 stars with Carrie...but have several things going on. Janie and I will be doing the Irish Mist together.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:48 PM

QuiltE, I would like that type of thread for the DJ...relaxed and informative...no pressure...I am going with you along that ride...

The cookie dough & cookies we made are for about 30 families my sister gives to every year..She is probably still baking off the unbaked batches....I also made cookie dough for myself to bring home & bake...first time in about 15 yrs...

I'm going to do some shopping tomorrow for Christmas gifts..just a couple..I can't do alot of walking without support for my knee/ankle (swelling) and I refuse a walker to do that...so I'm limited...

I'm glad to see the air getting cleared here... After the MB's are done we can discuss what we'll do as a group...so put on your thinking caps after the Holidays....H.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ... OK, got it! What Anael said about seeing mine, was my one and only block that I'd done! I've now got two done ... and no more til I have these two Christmas gifts done. Plus would really like to do all the Spikes to be with the group come January!

Honchey ... That's great news that you will join in with us on the separate thread!! Maybe try some online Christmas shopping to save your knee? Regardless you will be a hero with the Grands, because of all those fresh cookies you will be baking them! What a generous gift from your sister ....... and now you! Will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with for our next project.

Got the table topper sandwiched.
Jumbo Block Top is assembled and waiting sandwiching.

Speaking of which ... Any tips and tricks for working with the fleece?
(the backing will be fleece, with no batting)

Sandwich? ... I'm thinking of putting the cotton top on the table then the fleece, to minimize the stretching of the fleece and be able to get the cotton nice and flat and straight. Make sense?

What type of needle when FMQing with fleece?

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-15-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM

I would use a stretch needle or a needle for knits..fleece is a knit from what I've seen...iif you look closely you can see the knitted stitches of the fabric..it also stretches the way knits do... if you're going to do straight stitching and not freemotion I would use a walking foot...
Old 12-15-2013, 11:19 PM

confusion. I did mean the one DJ block QuiltE made.
I too am drawn to no pressure, relaxed and post the blocks you did. I fell off the wagon because of the amount of blocks that 'had' to be made each week.
As I said before, I've made 95 blocks and I do want to finish!

QuiltE, I never worked with fleece on a quilt so no advice here. I thought about it but don't like the stretching of the fleece and I have no idea how to avoid it. Spray basting?